Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? (12202 Views)

Jesus Is God Almighty......question Me / Archangel Michael Is Jesus Christ / What Is The Name Of God Almighty? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2012
ijawkid:

Although I haven't seen or heard of the word "" GOD the SON"" in d bible b4,[size=15pt]I know and believe that Jesus is divine or a God..[/size]

[size=15pt]END OF DISCUSSION IF YOU BELIEVE THE ABOVE.[/size] grin grin grin
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by DeepSight(m): 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
^^^ Beginning of foolishness, if you believe the above.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 8:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
Deep Sight:
^^^ Beginning of foolishness, if you believe the above.

What is foolishness in that if he believes that. You are not a Christian, are you?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by DeepSight(m): 8:30pm On Jun 11, 2012
Goshen360:

What is foolishness in that if he believes that. You are not a Christian, are you?

It is the height of foolishness, and even blasphemy, to regard a fellow human being as almighty God and worship such a fellow human being.

It also shows low self esteem, racial inferiority complex and a goat-like approach to doctrine.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 8:32pm On Jun 11, 2012
Goshen360:

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily Col. 2:9 kjv

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 1 Cor. 11:3 kjv

However, I want you to realize that Christ has authority over every man, a husband has authority over his wife, and God has authority over Christ. 1 Cor. 11:3 GWT

Godhead depends on the context in the bible. Godhead as used in Col. 2:9 simply means Jesus is God manifest or visible in the flesh because no man has seen God the Father. It means Deity. It means Christ is the visible expression of God, that is Jesus is God manifest in the flesh. He is NOT God as a man, as human being, other wise he will NOT die for God cannot die BUT he is God in the per-existed and manifest in human form. I have being saying this, seems no one is paying attention. "God" is NOT a one being name (cf Col. 1:15-20 emphasis on vs.19).

Now, when you study 1 Cor 11:3, it tell you that head of Christ is God. This context simply doesn't mean the physical head but authority which the God's Word Translation I quoted. So What when you read Godhead in Col. 2:9, it means the full Deity that made God to be God, I mean the Father, it was deposited in Christ and that made him God also but Jesus did not think of it equal with God, the Father. This is what 1 Cor. 11:3 meant by saying God, the Father has authority (the head of Christ) over Christ. I still believe Trinity is a mystery BUT not as difficult as some of your are explaining it. Some of you are explaining as that, Jesus though God is the same as the God,the Father. That will interpret, God the Father and Jesus, God the Son is ONE ENTITY, not two distinct person. When you guys say that, then it means it is Twonity, not trinity anymore because you guys have said Jesus is the Father. Maybe am confused at to you guys explanations or am missing something.
No no don't say the trinity is a mystery because I know you are better than this..

I have already explained 1Cor. 11:3 but let's talk .. First of if you really understood the trinity Col 2:9 should have explained everything to you..
I hope we agree that the Godhead is three distinct persons..Each one is in the other and equal.. YASHUA said I and the Father are one.. Put another way it means that whatever qualities that is in the Father is in the Son and Holy spirit and what's in the Son is in the Father and the Holy Spirit. It's a unit so to say.. When you see one you have seen the other..That's the core of what Col.2:9 is saying .. it is also why Yashua told his disciples that " ...if you have seen me you have seen the father." It's also why Yashua= Yahweh and I have given evidences why..

Now back to 1 Cor.11:3 .. Everything in the universe follows an Order and its perfect . Even behind the chaos there is still order and it takes divine intelligence to see it..If you follow the essence and not the form all the secrets of the universe would be revealed to you.
Head, authority greater does not necessary mean better or of higher quality.. A man being the head of a woman does not mean a man is more human or of better quality than a woman.. The man leads and directs and the woman obeys and submits..what's different is the roles not their essence..The woman is still as human as the man.. A master having authority over his servant does not make the servant less human.. That's ignorance..

The father directs and the son obeys but they are the Almighty because they are one..

In a layman terms 1 Cor 11:3 is saying that to have a perfect union the man has to direct or lead/ head the woman because that's his role/ job.. A woman is lost without its head.. Now because man/mankind has " fallen" and needs direction/ head Christ becomes our leader/ head rats why the church is called the body of Christ..
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by DeepSight(m): 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
nyameke:

The father directs and the son obeys but they are the Almighty because they are one..

What sort of contradiction is this? Do you people think at all before you assimilate gibberish and spew this sort of thing?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 8:48pm On Jun 11, 2012
ijawkid:

Show me just 1 verse in d biblÉ wherÉ Jesus said ""worship me,for I am God""

Yahweh will openly tell isrealites to worship him alone and that he is a jealous God...

Please show me 1 place in d bible where Jesus told his disciples or all of us that "" I AM GOD,worship me""

How else will they explain to you that Jesus was humbling himself despite being in the form of God. O.k when he was accused of making himself God did he say he wasn't? And if he was not God don't you think when he appeared to paul he would have told him he wasn't God. I still don't know how you read ƔυƦ own bible ☺☺ or where you have kept ƔυƦ understanding
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 8:51pm On Jun 11, 2012
Deep Sight:

What sort of contradiction is this? Do you people think at all before you assimilate gibberish and spew this sort of thing?
what and where is the contradiction
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by DeepSight(m): 8:53pm On Jun 11, 2012
haibe:
How else will they explain to you that Jesus was humbling himself despite being in the form of God. O.k when he was accused of making himself God did he say he wasn't? And if he was not God don't you think when he appeared to paul he would have told him he wasn't God.

He said severally that he is not God. You people simple refuse to hear the poor fella on account of a desperation to worship a fellow human being.

Read -

John 8:40: “, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God.”

John 17:3: "Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent."

Mark 13:32:"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

John 5:19: "Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does”

John 14:28: "You heard me say,'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

John 20:17: "Jesus said, " Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them,'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.”

Mark 10:18: “Do not call me good, only God is good.”

The words of the Apostles:

1Timothy 2:5: "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

1 Peter 1:3: “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.”

Acts 2:22 - “Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.”

Acts 2:36: “God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ.”
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by DeepSight(m): 8:56pm On Jun 11, 2012
nyameke: what and where is the contradiction

I need to point it out? Funny! You say that one is subject to the other and obeys the other, and yet you insist that both are ALMIGHTY.

That is not a contradiction?

Una sef.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 8:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
@ Goshen if you are still confused about 1 Cor. 11:3 this how I used the concept of duality to explain that verse to @ Ijaw ..( obviously he didn't get it but I hope it helps)..

Head here in this verse means direction or lead.. when you are the head of something you lead and give direction to it.. it doesn't mean you are greater or superior than..

Man and woman follows the concept of duality.. yin and yan..c Conscious and subconcious mind. Man and woman are different in roles but equal in importance and status. Man is the head but woman is the body and the heart.The head has to direct the body properly or it will get lost. Woman is normally lost without a man in her life. She is a damsel in distress longing for her prince charming to save her and show her the way. The body has to follow what the head tells it to do or they will both not accomplish anything together. ...

The man is the head and woman is the body..Now understand that man (mankind in this context ) has sin and fallen with no sense of direction or leadership, so therefore we need a head to give us direction .. so who better than the Almighty himself, the prince of peace and the most powerful to guide and lead us.. That's why the church (man ) is called the body of Christ ...
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 9:02pm On Jun 11, 2012
Deep Sight:

I need to point it out? Funny! You say that one is subject to the other and obeys the other, and yet you insist that both are ALMIGHTY.

That is not a contradiction?

Una sef.
oh ok. Nope not a contradiction at all .. I'm not going to repeat myself but if you starry reading from page 4 or 5 you will see why iI said that.. been a long day and don't feel like repeating myself.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by DeepSight(m): 9:04pm On Jun 11, 2012
^^^^ It is a lamentable and also goat-like contradiction son. Goodnite.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 9:28pm On Jun 11, 2012
Goshen360:

Okay, I get you now. Am very clear as to what you are saying. Very clear enough now but if you say they co-equal, how do you explain the below:

But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God. 1 Cor. 11:3 kjv

However, I want you to realize that Christ has authority over every man, a husband has authority over his wife, and God has authority over Christ. 1 Cor. 11:3 GWT

I want to reason with you as to your statement that you can call either of the 3 persons in the Godhead God Almighty. Can you kindly explain this statement in line with the verse above, 1 Cor. 11:3. However, I "think" I have the answer to what am asking you but I want to hear from you.
Now a man is the head of a woman that means he is greater than his wife in role and not in essence, the same thing with the fada and son, the fada is greater in role not in essence. If am in a partnership business, i can be greater in role than other co-partners but that doesn't make me greater than them in essence. The father and son are co-equal but the father is head in that he is greater in role. Shikena.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by nyameke: 9:35pm On Jun 11, 2012
Deep Sight:
^^^^ It is a lamentable and also goat-like contradiction son. Goodnite.
Nope That's your opinion and reality not my reality son...We will talk soon.. btw good afternoon
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 9:36pm On Jun 11, 2012
Goshen360:

D̶̲̅σ you also believe Jesus is a god and not God?, how can Jesus be a god, that makes it two different gods and. God said he is one. Its you people that make them call christians polytheists
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 9:47pm On Jun 11, 2012
Deep Sight:

You, you can't understand jhor, aren't you a muslim? I know you people have concluded that God doesn't have the power to come in flesh.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 9:57pm On Jun 11, 2012
@deep sight, The phrase “the Father is greater than I” (John
14:28) was spoken by Jesus during the upper room
discourse, and the greater context is the promising of the
Holy Spirit to the disciples after Jesus’ resurrection. Jesus
says repeatedly that He is doing the Father’s will, thereby
implying that He is somehow subservient to the Father. The
question then becomes how can Jesus be equal to God when
by His own admission He is subservient to the will of God?
The answer to this question lies within the nature of the
incarnation.
During the incarnation, Jesus was temporarily “made lower
than the angels” (Hebrews 2:9), which refers to Jesus’
status. Jesus took on human flesh.
Therefore, for all intents and purposes, Jesus was fully
human and “made lower than the angels.” However, Jesus is
fully divine, too. By taking on human nature, Jesus did not
relinquish His divine nature—God cannot stop being God.
How do we reconcile the fact that the second Person of the
Trinity is fully divine yet fully human and by definition
“lower than the angels”? The answer to that question can be
found in Philippians 2:5-11. When the second Person of the
Trinity took on human form, something amazing occurred.
Christ “made himself nothing.” This phrase has generated
more ink than almost any other phrase in the Bible. In
essence, what it means is that Jesus voluntarily
relinquished the prerogative of freely exercising His divine
attributes and subjected Himself to the will of the Father
while on earth.
Another thing to consider is the fact that subservience in
role does not equate to subservience in essence. For
example, consider an employer/employee relationship. The
employer has the right to make demands of the employee,
and the employee has the obligation to serve the employer.
The roles clearly define a subservient relationship.
However, both people are still human beings and share in the
same human nature. There is no difference between the two
as to their essence; they stand as equals. The fact that one
is an employer and the other is an employee does nothing to
alter the essential equality of these two individuals as
human beings. The same can be said of the members of the
Trinity. All three members (Father, Son and Holy Spirit)
are essentially equal; i.e., they are all divine in nature.
However, in the grand plan of redemption, they play certain
roles, and these roles define authority and subservience.
The Father commands the Son, and the Father and the Son
command the Holy Spirit.
Therefore, the fact that the Son took on a human nature
and made Himself subservient to the Father in no way
denies the deity of the Son, nor does it diminish His
essential equality with the Father. The “greatness” spoken
of in this verse, then, relates to role, not to essence.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 12:26am On Jun 12, 2012
haibe:
D̶̲̅σ you also believe Jesus is a god and not God?, how can Jesus be a god, that makes it two different gods and. God said he is one. Its you people that make them call christians polytheists

Nope nt polytheist....

He is a God in d sense that he is Godlike....

He is supernatural......

Powerful....

Not that he is Yahweh.......

I thought I had quoted 1corinthians 8:5 $ 6 for you.....

All d angels in heaven are Gods.....

Angel gabriel is a GÓd.....

If an angel stood in front of u ,u'll have no choice but to bow down and worship him....

Because u have never seen such brightness and power b4.....

Did u look up all d definitions of divine....

All my argument here is that Jesus is not Yahweh.....

Look up this scripture and see who Jesus said we shuld direct exclusivÉ worship to...

Read matthew 4:10...

Just critically study Jesus's reply to satan....

Then u'll rili understand what I've been talkin about

New International Version (NIV)
10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan!
For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God,
and serve him only.’[a]”

Jesus ofcus wasn't telin satan to worship Him....

Jesus was defÍnitly referin to Yahweh

Satan who knew Jesus long ago b4 we were created or even b4 d world was created knew Jesus wasnt Yahweh.....

Infact that's d reason why he tempted Jesus's faithfulness and loyalty to Yahweh......

The last person satan will dare tempt is Yahweh.......

But Jesus's firm reply is what assures me of who deserves our whole worship.......

Jesus even re-quoted from deutronomy and gave satan that affirmative answer....
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ckkris: 7:39am On Jun 12, 2012
Ijawkid is a polytheist, and he has the right to be whatever he CHOOSES to be. His only problem is trying to use the Holy Bible of absolute monotheism to justify such injurious and futile belief.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 8:37am On Jun 12, 2012
ckkris: Ijawkid is a polytheist, and he has the right to be whatever he CHOOSES to be. His only problem is trying to use the Holy Bible of absolute monotheism to justify such injurious and futile belief.

Oboy no do o...

I'm a strict unitarian like Jesus was and is....

Jesus worshipped one God......

And that's whom I immitate...

Not some popes and emperors who have made worship of triad Gods a custom.....

Didn't u hear Jesus words..

""Listen O isreal,Yahweh our God is 1 Yahweh(God)""

I'm a unitarian like d Jews my nigga......

Christianity shuldnt change that......

Mans philosophy is what has brought all this chaos..
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 8:57am On Jun 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Nope nt polytheist....

He is a God in d sense that he is Godlike....

He is supernatural......

Powerful....

Not that he is Yahweh.......

I thought I had quoted 1corinthians 8:5 $ 6 for you.....

All d angels in heaven are Gods.....

Angel gabriel is a GÓd.....

If an angel stood in front of u ,u'll have no choice but to bow down and worship him....

Because u have never seen such brightness and power b4.....

Did u look up all d definitions of divine....

All my argument here is that Jesus is not Yahweh.....

Look up this scripture and see who Jesus said we shuld direct exclusivÉ worship to...

Read matthew 4:10...

Just critically study Jesus's reply to satan....

Then u'll rili understand what I've been talkin about

New International Version (NIV)
10 Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan!
For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God,
and serve him only.’[a]”

Jesus ofcus wasn't telin satan to worship Him....

Jesus was defÍnitly referin to Yahweh

Satan who knew Jesus long ago b4 we were created or even b4 d world was created knew Jesus wasnt Yahweh.....

Infact that's d reason why he tempted Jesus's faithfulness and loyalty to Yahweh......

The last person satan will dare tempt is Yahweh.......

But Jesus's firm reply is what assures me of who deserves our whole worship.......

Jesus even re-quoted from deutronomy and gave satan that affirmative answer....

you don't even understand the temptation of Jesus, o.k when Jesus said to satan.'THOU SHALL NOT TEMPT THE LORD YOUR GOD' what do u tink jesus meant? Did satan tempt God in heaven? So which God was Jesus talking about here?
Answer me pls
and dnt 4get it was God that spoke that thru moses in deutronomy 6:16
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 9:13am On Jun 12, 2012
ijawkid:

Didn't u hear Jesus words..

""Listen O isreal,Yahweh our God is 1 Yahweh(God)""
and didnt you hear Jesus words again 'i and my fada are one',
'if u av seen me u av sin my fada'
didnt u hear dis words?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ijawkid(m): 10:02am On Jun 12, 2012
haibe:
and didnt you hear Jesus words again 'i and my fada are one',
'if u av seen me u av sin my fada'
didnt u hear dis words?

And didn't u hear Jesus say ""we are one with him and with the Father"??

Just as Jesus is one with the Father,so we(christians) are one with him,Jesus in us,the Father in Jesus,and both the Father and son in us.....

Oneness denotes unity and agreement..

If u've seen a true christian u have seen Jesus Christ......

That is why we are christians.....

How many times I go explain this same thing??

The 1john 5:7 $ 8 u guys use in supporting d trinity even explains what oneness means.....

Let's analyze verse 8,because I know verse 7 in d KJV was a latin vulgate extract(spurious addition).....

New International Version (©1984)
the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the
three are in agreement.
New Living Translation (©2007)
the Spirit, the water, and the blood--and all
three agree.
English Standard Version (©2001)
the Spirit and the water and the blood; and
these three agree.
New American Standard Bible (©1995)
the Spirit and the water and the blood; and
the three are in agreement.
King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
And there are three that bear witness in
earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood:
and these three agree in one

When d scritptures say the spirit,water and blood are one,u can actually see what it means.....

We can't assume that the water=blood=spirit.....

That'll be absurd.....

They are different entities that are in agreement,in unity...
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ckkris: 10:07am On Jun 12, 2012
The Deuteronomy 6:4 that ijawkid cited is declaring the plurality of God, Hebrew Elohim, (as in cherubim or seraphim) which is plural for the one God, whose name is Jehovah. Dem go confuse themself tire.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:16am On Jun 12, 2012
Goshen360:

Are you aware that being divine different from Deity? Do you also agree with him that Jesus is a God?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Image123(m): 10:50am On Jun 12, 2012
even Joagbaje is a god. where is he BTW?
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by ckkris: 11:32am On Jun 12, 2012
@ola
It's even worse than your fears. They say that Jesus is an angel, a god, not God. If people realise their ultimate desire, they'll just mob them all, but there's need for that. We'll keep persuading them, as politely as possible, as gentle as the dove, but keep an eye on the serpent.

2 Likes

Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by haibe(m): 11:47am On Jun 12, 2012
@ijawkid,
please briefly explain what u undastnd in matew 4:7. Am waiting
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by paris10: 12:42pm On Jun 12, 2012
Lenny5000:

Is TIME one? What about an EGG? these are the simply examples I can give. Time is Triune in nature cos we are constantly living in the Past, Present and Future yet it is still one and the same TIME! An Egg has the yoke,white stuff and the back .. If you separate it, each of the part is still EGG and if you leave them together it is still EGG. And so we have The GODHEAD which comprises of Father, Son, Holy Spirit. Three in one Same God, each has a Function! Jesus is the WORD and has all the fullness of Godhead. There is a place in the Bible where God the Father address Jesus as God. Also God the father calls himself "I AM" Jesus also used this same title "Before Abraham was, I AM" You must also understand that while Jesus was on earth he was a full Man! He experienced everything a normal man experiences, so when in turmoil, he prayed to the FATHER, but in Revelations you see Jesus as he is in Heaven, proclaiming himself "Alpha and Omega" Again he said "I and My Father are ONE" And don't forget, he was killed because he claimed to be GOD (The Jews said "We are not stoning you for any of these but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God".. In the beginning The WORD "Jesus" was with GOD "Father" and the WORD "Jesus" was GOD..
(Philippians 2:6 Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God)
(Colossians 2:9 says, "...For in him [Jesus] dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.)
(Jesus forgave sin in the Bible (Matthew 9:2). Only God Almighty can forgive sin)
(Jesus accepted the worship of others (Matthew 8:2). Only God Almighty is entitled to receive worship)
(The word “Godhead” is found in Acts 17:29; Romans 1:20 and Colossians 2:9 in the King James Bible)
[color=#990000][/color]
Of cause Trinity is mystery but so are so many other things, that was why I use the simply explanation of time and Egg, I hope I made some sense to you... Stay Blessed

This is the most idiotic, ignorant and uneducative analogy i've ever heard in my life. What has Time and Egg got to do with the question? it's either Yes Jesus is the same as God or NO Jesus is not. Why not use coconut, who doesn't know that the water in the coconut is part of the coconut? Don't be deceived, there's no two way about this, Jesus or God, you chose!

A Phone is different from a Sim-card, yet they work hand-in-hand. Phone is expensive and more important than a Sim-card, albeit without a sim-card, a phone would not be able to use all it functions, but could still function on it's own.

Likewise, a CEO or Boss needs employees or workers to sell business ideas and make profits. Should we then say that the employees are the same as their Boss? Moshood Abiola is different from Abdul Abiola, yet they are the same blood. Emphasis should always be laid on the importance of the higher authority.

God is a standalone God, though He needs us to bring His plans to fruition, He does not however share His glory with any one. God is God, Jesus is Jesus. And about the holy spirit, pls let us cut the crap, that is the power of God that execute His will. The holy spirit works in Jesus just like the rest of us Christians to carry out God's mandate.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 1:03pm On Jun 12, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Are you aware that being divine different from Deity? Do you also agree with him that Jesus is a God?

Why are you guys like coming on me. When I made that statement, Ijawkid said he agreed Jesus is divine and God. Hence, I made the statement. What we are saying here is that some people here are saying Jesus is the same person of the Trinity Yahweh. They are saying, Jesus is the same as Yahweh. Besides, I have told you times without number, I believe in Trinity. I believe Jesus is God, The Father is God and the Holy Spirit is God. I have said this times without number even on your own thread in some places in the past. What we are saying here is Is Jesus the same person in the Trinity referred to as the Father? This is what some people are interpreting the Trinity to mean.
Re: Is Jesus Christ Same As God Almighty?? by Goshen360(m): 1:10pm On Jun 12, 2012
haibe:

Many times on this thread, I have made my stand very clear. I DO NOT believe Jesus is god, I believe Jesus is God. I believe in Trinity. I "think" we have hard time here the way some of you are arguing the matter. What Ijawkid is arguing here is Jesus the same as Yahweh, I mean the father? If Jesus is same as Yahweh, then we are NOT talking about Trinity, we are talking about Twonity, Isn't it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Francis Arinze Celebrates His 85th Birthday Today / Church Business In Nigeria / Reasons Why You May Not Be A Christian After All

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.