Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,851 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:04 AM

Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi (9016 Views)

Bill Gates' Wife Melinda Washes Plates, Carries Water On Head In Malawi (Photos) / Malawi, Congo, Bar South Africans From Entering Their Country / Etta Banda Kneels Down To Welcome Tanzanian President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by mukina2: 2:54pm On Apr 07, 2012

Malawi's Vice-President Joyce Banda will take over the running of the southern African nation after the death of President Bingu wa Mutharika.

The government only officially confirmed the death of the 78-year-old earlier on Saturday, two days after Mutharika died following a heart attack.

The delay in the announcement had raised concerns about a political crisis because Banda had been expelled from Mutharika's ruling DPP party in 2010 after an argument about the succession, though she retained her state position.

Banda, 61, was due to be sworn in as president later on Saturday in the Chinese-built National Assembly in the capital Lilongwe, officials said. She will be southern Africa's first female head of state.
Source
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by chuks49(m): 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2012
Madam Presido you need to pay homage to T.B Joshua's Synagogue.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by floriana(m): 3:11pm On Apr 07, 2012
mukina2:

Source
Is this Joyce Banda by any stretch of the imagination a descendant or relation of the pig headed dictator called Kamuzu Banda? If yes, I will say Malawi is in bigger trouble.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 07, 2012
[size=20pt]I wonder if a female president will make a difference in Nigeria.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by Phonon: 3:22pm On Apr 07, 2012
Chinese-built National Assembly?That building would be filled with all kinds of electronic bugs fitted by Chinese Intelligence.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by cowgurl: 3:30pm On Apr 07, 2012
Wow!!! She finally came tru, Congratulations President Joyce Banda. Now am hia wonderin y vice presidents in Nigeria aren't females, a sure way 2 get 2 d presidential seat.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by jspac(m): 3:37pm On Apr 07, 2012
If a president dies the VP takes over,that's how it's done.Here in naija everything na scatter scatter.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by jspac(m): 3:39pm On Apr 07, 2012
chipmunkey: [size=20pt]I wonder if a female president will make a difference in Nigeria.[/size]
I Pray you don't die with that thought.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by Nobody: 3:39pm On Apr 07, 2012
Good luck Banda
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by nwabobo: 3:44pm On Apr 07, 2012
chuks49: Madam Presido you need to pay homage to T.B Joshua's Synagogue.

She was at the Synagougue sometime in 2011
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by ekwynwa: 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2012
good one
congratulations Joyce Banda
congratulations Malawians
congratulations Africa

we re getting there Liberia, now Malawi, next Nigeria!

vote Ekwynwa for president, 2015 here i come. cheesy
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by Nobody: 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2012
I think politicians will be careful in choosing Vice President these days.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by vanstanzy(m): 3:46pm On Apr 07, 2012
Congrats Joyce Banda.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by Ramcie(f): 3:58pm On Apr 07, 2012
Congrats Joyce Banda. Just imagining what it wld be like to have Patience Jonathan as our President grin
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by Nobody: 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2012
nwabobo:

She was at the Synagougue sometime in 2011
i think i have to start visiting that t.b.joshuas church,maybe i could become president too.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by otokx(m): 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2012
Hope she leads her people well.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by babaowo: 5:04pm On Apr 07, 2012
chima12: i think i have to start visiting that t.b.joshuas church,maybe i could become president too.
.....and don't forget to take along 2 white birds with u, and start practising your polygamous in faith.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by knowledge4(m): 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2012
Good News To Hear
Another female becomes President in Africa.
T.B. Joshua should have positioned his prediction to reveal that within 60 days,a female would become President of another African country.
Madam Joyce Banda,Africa and Africans all over the world rejoice with you.
We wish you the best and pray that God will guide and direct you to take Malawi to greater heights.

1 Like

Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by Tropilo(m): 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2012
ekwy nwa: good one
congratulations Joyce Banda
congratulations Malawians
congratulations Africa

we re getting there Liberia, now Malawi, next Nigeria!

vote Ekwynwa for president, 2015 here i come. cheesy

Abeg no let dm kill u for us o! Those people are ruthless. U are important to us abeg.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by passionate88: 5:44pm On Apr 07, 2012
Thank God.... Well done madam President
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by pendo89(f): 5:46pm On Apr 07, 2012
He named his new wife as the Vice President and was grooming his brother to take over the presidency.

The brother is the current foreign minister.

Expecting a purge very soon now that Joyce Banda has taken over.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by ekwynwa: 5:52pm On Apr 07, 2012
Tropilo:

Abeg no let dm kill u for us o! Those people are ruthless. U are important to us abeg.

dey no fit, i be spirit nau cheesy
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by damilola15: 5:52pm On Apr 07, 2012
chima12: i think i have to start visiting that t.b.joshuas church,maybe i could become president too.

You better do, don't forget the present Ghanaian president was a regular there.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by abey2(m): 6:06pm On Apr 07, 2012
Ramcie: Congrats Joyce Banda. Just imagining what it wld be like to have Patience Jonathan as our President grin
..Absurd comment from you.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by emsquare(m): 8:10pm On Apr 07, 2012
chuks49: Madam Presido you need to pay homage to T.B Joshua's Synagogue.

Huh!!!
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by overmarke: 8:15pm On Apr 07, 2012
He named his new wife as the Vice President and was grooming his brother to take over the presidency. [img]http://www.filii.info/g.gif[/img]
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by Phonon: 8:21pm On Apr 07, 2012
Collective hysteria and gullibility over nothing.T.B Joshua has made calculated or random guesses about certain events and hence he becomes a "god".Let him predict events with specific details.For example,Boko Haram would attack blah blah street in Kano with C4 explosives on Monday,February 31 2010 at 12:15pm.If he can do that,I'll attend his "church" for life.
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by antartica(m): 8:44pm On Apr 07, 2012
Look at how fat she is.She's soon gonno get a heart attack.

African leaders are unhealthy because they are too lazy to even exercise.They gluttonously grub all the food that belongs to african children,leaving malnurish and think of themselves as smart.

Greedy bas`stards
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by hegokillme: 9:42pm On Apr 07, 2012
chipmunkey: [size=20pt]I wonder if a female president will make a difference in Nigeria.[/size]

nigeria will be the best country in the world
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by coolguy2002: 9:51pm On Apr 07, 2012
hmmmm
Re: Joyce Banda Is The New President Of Malawi by kemiola89(f): 10:02pm On Apr 07, 2012
Ramcie: Congrats Joyce Banda. Just imagining what it wld be like to have Patience Jonathan as our President grin
wat kinda imagination is dat kwanu?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mali President Traore Beaten Up By Protesters - Bbc / Iran 'Is Ready For War' - Are we headed for World War 3 ? / World's Best Press Photographs Of 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.