Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,615 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. (3259 Views)

Deported Nigerians Paid £3000 By UK Boarder Agency But Money Was Seized / Celebrating World Tourism Day 2015 - My Beautiful Nigeria (pictures Included) / Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by BIGBOYLARY(m): 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2007
We have to recognised the important of travels and tourism to the developments of our Country. The World Travel Markets which starts next week is an important avenue we can used to develop and sell to the world our natural rich tourist sites to the World which will brings in more jobs and growth to our Nation.

Kindly contributes how you think we can move the Country forward through this medium which i think is still waiting to be tapped.
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by moneytalk(m): 11:04pm On Nov 05, 2007
@ poster

i leart that some delegates of the governments are coming to the World Travel Market how throgh was the story.
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by vikiviko(m): 10:01am On Nov 06, 2007
Tourism is are relatively a young industry in Nigeria.This is more because of a running neglect of abundant resources naturally endowed on the country than the lack of them.In addition  to the neglect was the sense of insecurity that was widely portrayed to be pervading in the country.

In the 1990s , Nigeria witnessed overwhelming political upheavals and ignoble cascade of bestiality as a result of a few cabal in the military with their western collaborators to hold to power as in infinitun. The ensued political commotion bred instability and a sense of insecurity became palpable.This sent a bad signal to the international communities. Nigeria thus became a pariah nation.She consequently projected and portrayed a jungle, a country saddled with soaring crime rates, massive unemployment…, , and not the most pleasant or relaxing place to visit

The challenges is to develop products that will attract tourists to the country side to enable them appreciate our rural landscapes, village settings, crafts, architecture and festivals.

I am ready to work with any group, organisation that is ready to market Naija tourism within and abroad.
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by BIGBOYLARY(m): 9:48pm On Nov 08, 2007
@vikiviko,

We lack qualify and well structured approved Travels and Tour operatours to market our Country, How many Travels agency that can bost of a good uptodate brochures of Naija.?
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by BIGBOYLARY(m): 10:03pm On Nov 08, 2007
The coming week is World travels Market week starting on monday on the list i saw the followings, Lagos state tourism board and NTDC,will show case there products and services, were is CROSS RIVERS STATE, with the much anticipated TILAPIA RESOURT?
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by londoner: 1:44am On Nov 09, 2007
Found a good tourist site on Jos.

http://www.ecotourhills.com/

Have a look at the albums section, its fantastic.
Nigeria the beautiful, we should be showing it off to the world.

More lovely pics from around our country.

http://www.clikpic.com/ambali/gallery_82811.html
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by babasin(m): 9:48am On Nov 09, 2007
Jos is indeed a lovely place. I had wonderful time there.

A shame that it was turned to BLOOD city in 2000.
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by moneytalk(m): 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2007
@ Bigboylary

As any state in Naija been given a status of WORLD HERITAGE SITE?
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by BIGBOYLARY(m): 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2007
@moneytalk.

Capital YES!!! Naija was given that status, long time a go its a worthwhile and its The dense forest of the Osun Sacred Grove, on the outskirts of the city of Osogbo, is one of the last remnants of primary high forest in southern Nigeria. Regarded as the abode of the goddess of fertility Osun, one of the pantheon of Yoruba gods, the landscape of the grove and its meandering river is dotted with sanctuaries and shrines, sculptures and art works in honour of Osun and other deities. The sacred grove, which is now seen as a symbol of identity for all Yoruba people, is probably the last in Yoruba culture. It testifies to the once widespread practice of establishing sacred groves outside all settlements.
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by BIGBOYLARY(m): 10:35pm On Nov 09, 2007
Naija is blessed with natural resources and minerals The potential role of the tourism sector as a major instrument for socio-economic development cannot be overemphasized this makes me to shed more light on WORLD HERITAGE SITES.

Heritage is our legacy from the past, what we live with today, and what we pass on to future generations. Our cultural and natural heritage are both irreplaceable sources of life and inspiration. Places as unique and diverse as the wilds of East Africa’s Serengeti, the Pyramids of Egypt, the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and the Baroque cathedrals of Latin America make up our world’s heritage.

What makes the concept of World Heritage exceptional is its universal application. World Heritage sites belong to all the peoples of the world, irrespective of the territory on which they are located.
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by BIGBOYLARY(m): 9:26pm On Nov 13, 2007
TOURIST ATTRACTIONS IN OGUN STATE
Naija is bless with abundance resources here is a view of Ogun state touris sites,which need to be promoted internationally for people to visit and explore.

OLUMO ROCK:
The historic city of Abeokuta, which is about 100 kilo metres from Lagos stands at a height about 300ft, above sea level. It has a hot, humid climate and an average annual rainfall of 47 inches. With an urban population of about half a million, the town is set amidst a group of granite rocks of pre-cambrian formation, the central one of which is the famous Olumo Rock, Abeokuta (meaning under the Rock) derives its name from the Rock. The Rock is sacred in Abeokuta history as the place where the first settlers found refuge from their attackers.
To the Egbas, Olumo Rock stands not only as a I1'lOnument of faith in unity, but also a source of national strength and unfailing protection and sustenance from the Suprema Being who led their ancestors through the perplexities of life safely to Abeokuta. This refuge marked the end of their wanderings and struggles for existence. It marked the focal point of their 'promised land' where they were free from incessant persecution and fears of annihilation.
The main body of the Egbas that settled at the present site around 1830 gave the name Abeokuta to the town around Olufimo later shortened to Olumo ('the Lord built if). From that time onwards)he Egbas have regarded the Olumo Rock as their protection shrine, and so makG annual sacrifices to its deity. The original home of the Egbas had been in the Egba Forests and Farms from where they dispersed. Olumo Rock thus became the rallying point when the Egbas re-grouped at Abeokuta.

http://ogunstate.gov.ng/tourism.asp
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by remiloy(m): 9:25pm On Nov 16, 2007
I must commend you guys for bring up this kind of issue.I am studying international tourism in Finland and i was foronce surpriced during a presentation in class and i saw some thing on break and breakfast logde in jos and issues on development of the tourism industry in africa and nigeria to be precise.
Nigeria,s tourism sector needs to be harnessed and marketed to the world.

I will sure love to be a part of any program in the great task.As a matter of fact i am looking for where to do my placement next summer in Nigeria.
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by BIGBOYLARY(m): 7:20pm On Nov 17, 2007
@ remiloy,

There is a lot of places you can do ur traning once you are through just hook up,the impotant of tourism to the Naija populace can not be over-emphasis, at the just concluded WORLD TRAVELS MARKET ,held in London Naija display a spetacular showings and moreopening up of info as reagards the Country, THE LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE was highlighted and it was good with over 500 million potential consumers in both Naija and surrounding countries waiting to tap from it. LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE IS CREATING A GLOBAL BUSINESS PARADISE.
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by BIGBOYLARY(m): 7:43pm On Nov 17, 2007
State By State Highlights of Tourist Attractions In Nigeria.

STATE : ABIA Capital UMUAHIA Attraction/Description

Arochukwu Caves, Natural/Physical attraction * National War Museum Monument Umuahia. * Akwette Weaving Centre Arts and Crafts (Souvenirs) * Long juju of Arochukwu Cultural festivals * Azumini Bule River Natural/Man-made Tourist Village. * Museum of Colonial History Monument

ADAMAWA YOLA
Gashaka Gumti National Park, Eco-Tourism (Wildlife) * Sukur (UNESCO World Monument Heritage Site) * Lamurde Hot Spring Natural/Physical * Modibbo Adam's Tomb Monument * Three Sister Rocks Monument * Mandara Mountains Natural/Physical * Kiri Dam Natural/Physical .
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by remiloy(m): 9:22pm On Nov 17, 2007
@BIGBOYLARRY
you can inform me on the way to go about it,especially the exact companies and institutions to contact.i will be grateful by the way where are you and what do you?

I read about the London show on thE NTDB, webpages, because am writing a SWOT Analysis of the Idustry in Nigeria.
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by remiloy(m): 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2007
@BIGBOYLARRY
 you can inform me on the way to go about it,especially the exact companies and institutions to contact.i will be grateful by the way where are you and what do you?

I read about the London show on thE NTDB, webpages, because am writing a SWOT Analysis of the Idustry in Nigeria.
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by BIGBOYLARY(m): 9:31pm On Nov 17, 2007
@remiloy

Presently am in London once you are through i will put you through just hook up, Tourism in the world is a fast and wide market in which we are growing and trying to develop the outbound services into the Country, in which less attractions will be devoted to OIL, we now tap the gold mine in TOURISM for our great Country just take a look at this info of
Festivals To See:

The display of the full culture and heritage of the people of Nigeria is usually colourful, exciting and memorable. Periodic festivals of the people include the following which tourists will find remarkable and interesting:

EYO FESTIVAL: Eko people of Lagos holds annually and usually culminates in the display of masquerades adorned resplendently in white flowing dresses and hats to match.

KWA-GHIR FESTIVAL: A festival of the Tiv people in Benue state of Nigeria, it is a display of traditional masquerades, puppet theater, some forms of acrobatics, dancing, music and sartorial display. A colourful festival indeed, it attracts many people and is accentuated by the friendliness and warm welcome of the Tiv people of Nigeria.

THE DURBAR: This is usually a festival culminating in a horse race at the behest of an Emir, a traditional ruler. With roots in the Islamic way of life, the Durbar is colourful, exciting and open to all to watch.

ARGUNGU FISHING FESTIVAL: Argungu is located in Sokoto state in the North Western part of Nigeria. It is famous for its fishing festival in which a lake is stocked with fish which are fed until the time of the festival. Individuals go into the lake without the aid of boats and the competition goes to the one with the largest catch. This festival is international and attracts visitors from all over the world.

ARGUNGU MOTOR RALLY: As part of the fishing festival, car manufacturers and marketers have organised the annual motor rally in which cars go through an endurance race over country roads. Notable names like Toyota, Mercedes and Peugeot feature in the rally.

BOAT REGATTA: The Izons and other peoples of the Niger Delta Area have festivals that include extremely colourful boat regattas and water races. Canoe races are also a feature and visitors are attracted to these from various parts of the world.

NEW YAM FESTIVAL OF THE IGBOS: The new yam festival is rooted in the ancient worship of the gods of the land for a fruitful harvest. Modernised and still as flamboyant as ever, the festival holds around August and features masquerades, traditional dances, wrestling competitions and other sporting and gaming events.
Other Tourist/ Vacationing Sites

KAINJI LAKE GAME RESERVE: See elephants, lions, hippos and crocodiles in their natural habitats. Also visit the craft shops at Wawa and enjoy the delicate cuisine of the local communities. This game reserve is located in Niger and Kwara states of Nigeria.

ESIE MUSEUM: this museum displays terracotta artifacts and figurines dating from the 13th to the 16th century and shown to be doing various things from dancing to weaving. The Esie Museum is located in Esie town, about 100km from Ilorin in Kwara State.

GOLF COURSES: Nigeria has many golf courses where vacationers can get the best of games surrounded by the grandest views of nature. Golf courses include the IBB Golf Course in Abuja, Lamingo in Jos, and others in Ewekoro, Ikeja, Ilorin, Ibadan and other parts of Nigeria.

ROCK PAINTINGS OF BIRNIN KUDU: Reputed to be thousands of years old, these painting depict the lifestyle of the people that inhabited that area of Jigawa State in times gone by.

OBUDU CATTLE RANCH: The ranch is located in Cross River state of Nigeria and has near temperate climate owing to its location on high hills. As a tourist attraction, it has a waterfall, a gorilla habitat, and opportunities to see a variety of birds.
Visitors to Nigeria will find a warm welcome from the people. Airlines have regular shuttle flights from Lagos to the major tourist and commercial centres of the country. Hotels and guest houses also provide excellent local and international cuisine as desired by visitors, kindly note that naija cuisine is a bee heev of destination at the just concluded WTM.
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by remiloy(m): 9:40pm On Nov 17, 2007
Its very good to know the enormous benefit and potential of tourism in Nigeria.I have a degree in Political Science in Nigeria.I just developed an unusual interest in the industry,expecially the Travel and Tour,and sustainable tourism.

I will have to do my intership or placement in summer next year so i have to start in from now.If theres any opportunity in London i would not mind also.do you have a messanger or am email address.

Nigeria must move forward enough of the dependence on oil.
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by BIGBOYLARY(m): 9:43pm On Nov 17, 2007
larryyonline(at) yahoo.com hope this will serve.
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by BIGBOYLARY(m): 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2007
if OCEANIC BANK could invested almost about N12 billion to fund the expansion and upgrading of facilities at the Murtala Muhammad International Airport (MMIA) Terminal 2 which was done on a BOT basis in partnership with Bi-Courtney Limited, I dont think anything should stop the next inflow and growth of much awaited Tourism in the Country.

SOURCE:http://www.nigeriansecurities.com/shownews.php?url=http://businessdayonline.com/print/1034.html
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by moneytalk(m): 8:04am On Nov 18, 2007
More opportunity abound fo our graduatess who studies a language course once our TOURISM is fully developed and we can be able to be welcoming visitors who are not ENGLISH speaking into our guide by acting as a tour guide either in FRENCH, GERMANS GREEK ETC, i think all language students will find jobs in this area of untaped channel.
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by moneytalk(m): 12:14am On Nov 21, 2007
Do we have an I.A.T.A approved travel agency who can also book hotel accomodation in Naija?
Re: Travel Agency,agents,tour Operatours,and Tourism. by rubtheweb: 9:22am On Aug 25, 2009
Its a great idea to develop  and promote the tourism in the country.
Thank You.

(1) (Reply)

About South Korea / Italy Student Visa / A Woman Looking To Care For Newborn, Baby Seating Job, Nanny, Housekeeping Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.