Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,867 members, 7,802,798 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

THE CORONATION. An Easter Poem - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / THE CORONATION. An Easter Poem (1138 Views)

My Easter Song (a Poem) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

THE CORONATION. An Easter Poem by Superclem(m): 10:13pm On Apr 08, 2012
THE CORONATION
A crown of thorns
'pon his head
A regal robe
all smeared in red
An inscription above
his head that read
"Behold the king..."
and tears were shed
A spear in his side
from which he bled
water and blood
and then he said
"It is finished"
And he was dead¿

On the third day
the stone was rolled away
and the king arose
in the most glorious way

adapted from clemency's APIECE OF THE MASTER orTHE MASTER'S PIECE

1 Like

Re: THE CORONATION. An Easter Poem by jackpol(m): 12:37am On May 09, 2012
Ur effort is commendable but poems are usually not decipherable at first glance.Any good poem requires a bit of hardwork to think it through. I suggest u change the title to something like"triumph crown".U can also delete "it is finished" as well as "the third day" and few others to allow critics to find out what the poem is thematically passing across to ur intended audience.From their response,u will know whether or not u hv done a good job.Well done.
Re: THE CORONATION. An Easter Poem by Superclem(m): 8:40am On May 19, 2012
points taken.................thanks..................you can read more of me at www.iclemency..com

(1) (Reply)

************************* / What A Great Relief!(an Ode To The Motor Car) / The Nigerian Speak Of Wonders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.