Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? (67850 Views)

Is Wrestling Real, Fake, Acted, Or Drama?check Out / Is Wrestling Real Or Acting? World Wrestling Entertainment / Is Wrestling Real Or Acted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by skyfaze(m): 6:06pm On Nov 04, 2007
there is this argument going around my school,some said that wrestling is real why some said is not real, what do you say about it, b/because as for me, is a clean real.

Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by ow11(m): 6:54pm On Nov 04, 2007
Its as real as aliens landing in roswell in 1948! grin
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by 9ja4eva: 1:45am On Nov 10, 2007
It is not real
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by shabangur(m): 3:09am On Nov 10, 2007
I think it's just a game,not real.They'll also tell that they take time practising the tactics they use there.In most cases they enter the ring knowing who will win.It's planned as a TV series.These are my opinions anyway.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by folahann(m): 9:02am On Nov 10, 2007
For so long it's now that you get to know this, i don't even see this as an issue again. The last time i came to Nigeria (July 2007) i was suprised to here people arguing about this.
WWE is equivalent to the movies you watch only that it is a live movie for some people, it used to be real in the past (that was long time ago) but when it got serious casualties, then wwe goes hollywood, everything you see is an act and i know alot of people won't believe this b'cod this is Africa
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by ow11(m): 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2007
key word 'ENTERTAINMENT'
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by mrswenger1(f): 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2007
Wrestling is a complete real , can i ask you a question , if you are john cena will you allow randy to beat ur father like a six yr old boy when you know is a real?
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Nov 10, 2007
Fake !!!! wink
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by skyfaze(m): 8:24pm On Nov 10, 2007
Wrestling is a complete real , can i ask you a question , if you are john cena will you allow randy to beat your father like a six yr old boy when you know is a real?
to mrs wenger
whether the believe or not wrestling is a complete real.
thanks for the question u ask them
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by folahann(m): 7:04am On Nov 11, 2007
skyfaze:

Wrestling is a complete real , can i ask you a question , if you are john cena will you allow randy to beat your father like a six yr old boy when you know is a real?
to mrs wenger
whether the believe or not wrestling is a complete real.
thanks for the question u ask them
Here they come again, they don't know and they will never inquire to know.
You sit on one spot and say something you believe to yourself that is true, ignorance come to those want like
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by eldee(m): 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2007
[center]The promoter or booker determines the winner of a match beforehand,
having writers script the results to create fan interest.
Because of this, winning and losing in professional wrestling do not carry the same weight as they do in traditional sports.
The characters that the wrestlers portray are more important than their win-loss records.
Some stars rarely win, but they continue to wrestle because they are so entertaining.
Microsoft ® Encarta ® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.[/
[/center]

Putting my name on this topic is so embarrassing. At least it's for a good cause, lol
I read this article to convince my little cousins. It goes a little more explanatory.

[center][b]Each match has a referee, but the referee does not judge illegal acts in the ring.
Instead, the referee serves as a coordinator, telling the wrestlers when to change the pace of the match, or mentioning to them what moves to execute next.
The referee wears a listening device in the ear that allows the promoter to give instructions during the match.
The referee then relays messages to the wrestlers as the match progresses.
A wrestler’s trademark is his or her finishing move, which usually has a colorful name.
Finishing moves include the Stone Cold Stunner, the DDT, the Choke Slam, the Razor's Edge, the Tombstone Piledriver, and the Power Bomb.
These finishing moves are designed to provide a dramatic ending to the match, but they are also designed not to hurt the wrestlers.
For example, in the Stone Cold Stunner and the DDT, which are almost identical, the wrestler grabs the opponent's head and falls to the mat, making it appear that the opponent has smashed his or her head into the canvas and been knocked out.
The move appears violent, but when making it, the winner uses the shoulder to cushion and protect the opponent's head.
The result is a crowd-pleasing ending, but no serious injury.
Wrestlers are specifically trained to perform these maneuvers, and they are extremely careful in executing them.

Microsoft ® Encarta ® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.[/b][/center]

It's o.k not to understand some stuff we learn as we grow.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by chuckdee4(m): 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2007
mrs_wenger:

When the guys father is getting payed a six digit sum, getting kicked in the head is absolutely nothing
Wrestling is as fake as weave, have u ever asked urself why these wrestlers always fall for the same moves week in week out
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by 9ja4eva: 5:44pm On Nov 11, 2007
ow11:

key word 'ENTERTAINMENT'

WORD
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by skyfaze(m): 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2007
do u know that john cena is now out for 6-10 months b/cos of injury he sustain from the hand of wicked Randy and shawn micheal is now out from injury,had it been is not real ,how could they sustain injury?
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by skyfaze(m): 6:32pm On Nov 11, 2007
do u know that john cena is now out for 6-10 months b/cos of injury he sustain from the hand of wicked Randy and shawn micheal is now out from injury,had it been is not real ,how could they sustain injury?
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 12, 2007
skyfaze:

do u know that john cena is now out for 6-10 months b/because of injury he sustain from the hand of wicked Randy and shawn micheal is now out from injury,had it been is not real ,how could they sustain injury?

ah cheesy
Does that make it real,
These are work hazards
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by skyfaze(m): 11:05am On Nov 12, 2007
is clean real b/cos you wouln't allow ur self to get injury for nothing serious
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by chuckdee4(m): 11:28am On Nov 12, 2007
I can't believe pple think wrestling is real, will any normal human being want to be hit in the head with a chair week in week out

Do u believe that

- The undertaker is a dead man
- Mark Henry is the strongest man in the world
- The undertaker was actually buried alive
- The undertaker was burnt in a coffin
- That midget is actually mr mcmahon's son

Come on this is the 21st century, wrestling isn't real, a game with pre determined winners is obviously not real
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by ow11(m): 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2007
skyfaze:

is clean real b/because you wouln't allow your self to get injury for nothing serious

footballers get injured 'playing football' so wrestlers get injured 'play fighting'. When ur paid a lot of money to play fight, anything goes including slamming u into a pile of thumbtacks.

Do you sincerely believe a man as huge as 'the great khali' wil punch another man without the receiver getting an immediate black eye?
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by dafman(m): 6:40pm On Nov 12, 2007
Even as a kid I knew there was something really fishy about wrestling, in a sport where you can use your fist to hit your opponents about anywhere, I always wondered why teeths were not falling all over the place.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Uche2nna(m): 6:51pm On Nov 12, 2007
lol

For all those who think that the WWE is real (even with the word "entertainment"  attached to it  shocked) should look up the meaning of this word "Kayfabe"

1 Like

Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by ptaller(m): 7:29pm On Nov 12, 2007
WWW, WWe are all not real. It's like a movie. Where you have a protagonist and antagonist. And the simplest answer to the question is that if it were to be real been a sport it would have introduced to olympic games.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by iice(f): 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2007
WWE is just bad acting. . .but it's entertainment
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by oloba(m): 8:13pm On Nov 12, 2007
Dont try it at HOME,
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by deebarca: 8:50pm On Nov 12, 2007
my guy, i was there when the arguement started, i told you this thing is not real, one of my uncle travel out to watch this cos he taught it was real. he told me it as totally rubbish. i know you school in lautech. are my right?
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by Ajikawo(m): 8:55pm On Nov 12, 2007
it's Hollywood, pure entertainment, it aint like it used to be, these new dudes messed it all up, gone are the days of undertaker n hulk hogan, the fun n suspense ain't there no more,
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by frgy1: 9:39pm On Nov 12, 2007
this thing is real o.
una don hear another real thing?
Nigeria was formaly in far east asia b4 den cary an con africa
how??, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by kojeiwa(m): 10:15pm On Nov 12, 2007
It used to be called the WWF - World Wrestling Federation, but the Government intervened and

said since its not real, it should be considered an entertainment, so they changed it to

WWE - World Wrestling Entertainment. So it's not real, every fight is planned and rehashed.
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by ifyalways(f): 11:04pm On Nov 12, 2007
too fake to be real cool
pure entertainment,nothing more !
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by tenor(m): 11:56pm On Nov 12, 2007
The promoter or booker determines the winner of a match beforehand,
Because of this, winning and losing in professional wrestling do not carry the same weight as they do in traditional sports.
The characters that the wrestlers portray are more important than their win-loss records.
Some stars rarely win, but they continue to wrestle because they are so entertaining.
Microsoft ® Encarta ® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.[/

Putting my name on this topic is so embarrassing. At least it's for a good cause, lol
I read this article to convince my little cousins. It goes a little more explanatory.

Each match has a referee, but the referee does not judge illegal acts in the ring.
Instead, the referee serves as a coordinator, telling the wrestlers when to change the pace of the match, or mentioning to them what moves to execute next.
The referee wears a listening device in the ear that allows the promoter to give instructions during the match.
A wrestler’s trademark is his or her finishing move, which usually has a colorful name.
Finishing moves include the Stone Cold Stunner, the DDT, the Choke Slam, the Razor's Edge, the Tombstone Piledriver, and the Power Bomb.
These finishing moves are designed to provide a dramatic ending to the match, but they are also designed not to hurt the wrestlers.
For example, in the Stone Cold Stunner and the DDT, which are almost identical, the wrestler grabs the opponent's head and falls to the mat, making it appear that the opponent has smashed his or her head into the canvas and been knocked out.
The move appears violent, but when making it, the winner uses the shoulder to cushion and protect the opponent's head.
Wrestlers are specifically trained to perform these maneuvers, and they are extremely careful in executing them.

Microsoft ® Encarta ® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

With all these that Eldee hard painstakingly posted i'm utterly surprised and bewildered that this argument is still on. We all know its fake. Haaaaa ignorance true true no good o!
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by tenor(m): 12:00am On Nov 13, 2007
The promoter or booker determines the winner of a match beforehand,

Each match has a referee, but the referee does not judge illegal acts in the ring.

Microsoft ® Encarta ® 2007. © 1993-2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

With all these that Eldee had painstakingly posted i'm utterly surprised and bewildered that this argument is still on. We all know its fake. Haaaaa ignorance true true no good o!
Re: Is Wrestling (WWE) Real Or Not? by FactorChic(f): 1:11am On Nov 13, 2007
I've seen several matches here in Detroit, the only thing fake about Wrestling is, they already know who will win or not, it is scripted, but all the fights, the sledge hammers, ladders and everything, REAL!!!! Get a ticket, too bad Wrestle Mania 24 is sold out, The fights are all real

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Get Daily Sport Betting Tips Here Free / Daily Sure Bet To Bet And Win. Please Follow Me. / Hilarious Lionel Messi Pictures After Barcelona's 4:0 Loss To Liverpool

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.