Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,776 members, 7,806,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! (22171 Views)

REFUSAL Of Visa And Seizure Of Passport By UK Embassy / Uk Visa Refusal And Re-application / Refusal Of Entry Clearance (uk Visa) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Belly458: 10:00am On Apr 09, 2012
Hi,
I have few questions, please help me with this

1) I applied for UK Visa (Tier 4 Student 4 years ago)
2) I was refused, I appealed and was refused again. Both times because of lack of proof about my sponsor

My Concerns
1) in those applications my immigration consultant put wrong date of births of my parents (father and mother)
2) I want to put the correct date of births this time, but my new immigration consultant is saying that I should write the same date of birth (which was in previous application form)
he says visa officer will refuse me if he sees that my parents date of births do not match with my previous application records

what should I do? anyone knows anything that could help me?

I am not from Nigeria, I like this forum and it is quiet active too, so I need help from you guys, please respond
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by justwise(m): 10:45am On Apr 09, 2012
Belly458: Hi,

2) I was refused, I appealed and was refused again. Both times because of lack of proof about my sponsor

My Concerns
1) in those applications my immigration consultant put wrong date of births of my parents (father and mother)
2) I want to put the correct date of births this time, but my new immigration consultant is saying that I should write the same date of birth (which was in previous application form)
he says visa officer will refuse me if he sees that my parents date of births do not match with my previous application records

I am not from Nigeria, I like this forum and it is quiet active too, so I need help from you guys, please respond

You have two options, either you write the correct DOB and make a note stating that mistake was made during your previous application OR you maintain the same DOB.

2 Likes

Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Belly458: 11:26am On Apr 09, 2012
thanks for the answer I was in a hurry and did not mention the full detail

1) The immigration consultant made some false document which is why he changed the date of birth of my parents, he was trying to show my relationship with my supposed financial sponsor.

2) document was some sort of family registration certificate or something which had those new date of births of my parents. The consultant was trying to show the direct relationship between my sponsor and my parent.

I was really disappointed, I did not know all this immigration and visa stuff, I decided to go to him (the consultant) thinking he knows everything and will not put me into trouble.
I was unaware that these documents and date of births of my parents have such high value..

My Concerns

1) As I want to write correct date of births of my parents
a) Do UKBA keep record of things like that document (it was photocopied and probably attested) that was provided that had new birth dates of my parents?
b) I dont want to write or give any false information about myself or my family, but if I write a note stating that it was a mistake, Visa officer will refuse me if they keep each and every piece of previously applied documents (like that certificate) records.

2) I should be thankful to my LORD in whose hand my life is, that Visa Officer did not refuse me on the basis of fraudulent attempt. But if they keep these records they will definitely refuse me right away.

3) I know I will be issued a visa if I write the same exact date of births that were written in the previous application, but this will cause so many problems for me..
a) what will I do if I want my parents to visit me?? I cant leave my parents..
b) moreover if I write those incorrect DOBs I have to write them everywhere I am asked about my parent's DOBs.
c) if I am asked anywhere to provide my parent's ID documents, this will create a mess if the dates dont match with the UKBA database.

at this point I am loosing my appetite, I am really very angry at that immigration consultant that put me in this situation. Immigration Consultants are there to help you, to guide and to inform you about what may harm you, but he did the opposite!!!!
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by justwise(m): 12:04pm On Apr 09, 2012
Belly458: thanks for the answer I was in a hurry and did not mention the full detail

1) The immigration consultant made some false document which is why he changed the date of birth of my parents, he was trying to show my relationship with my supposed financial sponsor.

2) document was some sort of family registration certificate or something which had those new date of births of my parents. The consultant was trying to show the direct relationship between my sponsor and my parent.

I was really disappointed, I did not know all this immigration and visa stuff, I decided to go to him (the consultant) thinking he knows everything and will not put me into trouble.
I was unaware that these documents and date of births of my parents have such high value..

My Concerns

1) [b]As I want to write correct date of births of my parents
a) Do UKBA keep record of things like that document (it was photocopied and probably attested) that was provided that had new birth dates of my parents?
b) I dont want to write or give any false information about myself or my family, but if I write a note stating that it was a mistake, Visa officer will refuse me if they keep each and every piece of previously applied documents (like that certificate) records.

2) I should be thankful to my LORD in whose hand my life is, that Visa Officer did not refuse me on the basis of fraudulent attempt. But if they keep these records they will definitely refuse me right away.

3) I know I will be issued a visa if I write the same exact date of births that were written in the previous application, but this will cause so many problems for me..
a) what will I do if I want my parents to visit me?? I cant leave my parents..
b) moreover if I write those incorrect DOBs I have to write them everywhere I am asked about my parent's DOBs.
c) if I am asked anywhere to provide my parent's ID documents, this will create a mess if the dates dont match with the UKBA database.

at this point I am loosing my appetite, I am really very angry at that immigration consultant that put me in this situation. Immigration Consultants are there to help you, to guide and to inform you about what may harm you, but he did the opposite!![/b]!!

Oh well!, i was thinking that it was just the case of writing wrong DOB, not knowing that it involved forging some documents.

Actually your concerns are quite in order, you have said all i wanted to say about the future implications of keeping the wrong DOB.
Yes the British embassy will have a record of previous application and supporting documents

You really have a tough choice to make now, either you come clean now and maybe, just maybe the ECO will reward you for your honesty or maintain the previous record then pray and hope that it will not catch up with you in future.

1 Like

Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Vicjustice: 12:13pm On Apr 10, 2012
Dear Poster, i was trying to look for an earlier post where i addressed this issue, it would be of help; bear with me while i arrange a reply for your query.

1 Like

Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Belly458: 4:25pm On Apr 10, 2012
@justwise thanks and yes but the thing is ECO dont normlly reward you for your honesty smiley they are mostly on punishment mode!
I actually am against this law, I mean if a person wants to provide original information and realizes what he/she did was wrong.. they should allow him/her and should not make it difficult for him/her, what they could do is, keep an eye on his/her immigration history or maybe rank him/her depending on his/her overall immigration history (whether he/she is clean or has had issues in the past) or penalty or something .. I mean look at my situation if I write the same DOBs that were written in previous application they will issue me the visa but if I write the real dates with proof, they will reject me sad

@Vicjustice thanks I am waiting..
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by justwise(m): 4:33pm On Apr 10, 2012
Belly458: @justwise thanks and yes but the thing is ECO dont normlly reward you for your honesty smiley they are mostly on punishment mode!
I actually am against this law, I mean if a person wants to provide original information and realizes what he/she did was wrong.. they should allow him/her and should not make it difficult for him/her, what they could do is, keep an eye on his/her immigration history or maybe rank him/her depending on his/her overall immigration history (whether he/she is clean or has had issues in the past) or penalty or something .. I mean look at my situation if I write the same DOBs that were written in previous application they will issue me the visa but if I write the real dates with proof, they will reject me sad

@Vicjustice thanks I am waiting..

Your case is a bit different,you are coming forward with the info, they did not dictated the forging, that was why i said they may reward you for your honesty.

1 Like

Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Vicjustice: 4:39pm On Apr 10, 2012
Belly458: Hi,

My Concerns

It is not a rare thing for Visa Officers to observe discrepancies in given Dates Of Birth, so, they are aware of the fact that the DOBs of a vast number of Africans are highly uncertain. I have applied for a visa before entering the DOB of a relative (something that i wasn't sure of), and the visa was issued. And then, on another application, i forgot the DOB that i gave previously; and i entered a totally different one: but at the end, i added a note that reads:

* "Though i have honestly filled the form with as much information as i can genuinely provide, but the DOB of *** is highly uncertain as there exists no national database (in Nigeria) to keep such records and therefore, in the absence of such, i would like to state that the DOB provided is not to the best of my knowledge."

Trust me, the visa was also issued despite the discrepancies: i am arguably one of the people that made the Embassy to consider adding an option for people who happen to be in this situation; and now-a-days, there is an option of "[b]D[/b]on't [b]K[/b]now" when entering a family member's DOB.

Now, you can do the same for your parents date of birth, these people know that Nigerians (like most African nations) are not properly documented: So, you can do the same, (in the past, you could have entered a guessed DOB, but now that there's the "[b]D[/b]on't [b]K[/b]now" option, i think it's your best bet. And remember to make a declaration of your lack of knowledge at the end claiming that the DOB of your parents are highly uncertain as there exist no national database to keep such record.

Note: In future time, your parents may need a sworn (and permanent) Declaration Of Age in order to deal with the situation and to be considered eligible for subsequent visa application

2 Likes

Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Belly458: 5:38pm On Apr 10, 2012
thanks Vicjustice, but

1) I am not nigerian. smiley
2) 99% or maybe 98% people in my country have ID cards.
3) as I said my immigration consultant also attached a Family Registration Certificate (photocopy), which had the fake DOBs of my parents and which showed that one of my parent is directly related to my sponsor.

so dont you think ECO will doubt my intentions? if I put the correct DOBs now?
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Vicjustice: 10:02pm On Apr 10, 2012
Belly458: thanks Vicjustice, but

1) I am not nigerian. smiley
2) 99% or maybe 98% people in my country have ID cards.
3) as I said my immigration consultant also attached a Family Registration Certificate (photocopy), which had the fake DOBs of my parents and which showed that one of my parent is directly related to my sponsor.

so dont you think ECO will doubt my intentions? if I put the correct DOBs now?
[b]D[/b]oesn't that mean that the "Family Registration Certificate" is forged?
Well, i'm of the opinion that you've been given the 10 years ban
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Belly458: 10:17pm On Apr 10, 2012
Vicjustice: D[/b]oesn't that mean that the "Family Registration Certificate" is forged?
Well, i'm of the opinion that [b]you've been given the 10 years ban

no I am not, it was not detected. I was refused for some other reason.
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Vicjustice: 12:19pm On Apr 11, 2012
Belly458:

no I am not, it was not detected. I was refused for some other reason.
Therefore, you would be given the ban when it's detected as you are considering taking a measure to correct the fraud, and you would receive the 10 years ban as a result.
To be helpful, (since you are not from Nigerian where most elderly people do not have verifiable age documentation) i like to advice you to avoid making amendment to the wrong date of birth as such action may be understood that you once attempted to obtain the UK visa by means of deception and the consequences is an automatic 10 years ban

1 Like

Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Belly458: 6:23pm On Apr 11, 2012
thanks everyone for replying. what do you guys suggest?
suppose if I write 'Dont Know' and add a note (of course in a professional manner) saying something like "I have lost my family registration certificate or whatever, therefore I dont know the exact DOBs of my parent" another lie I know sad but will it work?
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Vicjustice: 6:46pm On Apr 11, 2012
Belly458: thanks everyone for replying. what do you guys suggest?
suppose if I write 'Dont Know' and add a note (of course in a professional manner) saying something like "I have lost my family registration certificate or whatever, therefore I dont know the exact DOBs of my parent" another lie I know sad but will it work?
If (as you said earlier), your country has authentic database and every citizen's bio-data is integrated into it, it therefore means that everyone's date of birth can be accounted for; so, saying you don't know your parents date of birth wouldn't make sense in this regard.
Be advised that Visa Officers are not foolish, they have done reasonable studies and have undergone series of researches as well as trainings on any areas before they are assigned to serve in the embassy of any given place: trust me, they are very familiar with your country's system more than you expect: so, be extra careful or you'd get yourself banned (that is if you're not already under the ban as i suspect).
Read more on this link:
https://www.nairaland.com/401198/stop-binning-money-uk-visas

1 Like

Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Belly458: 6:59pm On Apr 11, 2012
well yes but certificates like birth certificates and family registration certificates can easily be lost?
yes you can request national database authority to attain duplicate certificate but most people dont do that, unless there is a need.
and no I am not banned.
I just dont feel ok, entering into the UK with wrong DOBs of my parents. it will create problems in future, for sure..
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Vicjustice: 10:36pm On Apr 11, 2012
Belly458: well yes but certificates like birth certificates and family registration certificates can easily be lost?
yes you can request national database authority to attain duplicate certificate but most people dont do that, unless there is a need.
and no I am not banned.
I just dont feel ok, entering into the UK with wrong DOBs of my parents. it will create problems in future, for sure..
My friend, You're left with no much of a choice; either you accept the wrong date of birth and move on, or you make corrections and explain the discrepancies: but apply wisdom if you've decided to make modification as it may land you in the 10 years ban

1 Like

Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Vicjustice: 9:22am On Apr 12, 2012
I have given a real thought about your case and i think it is your best bet to apply for the UK visa with your parents date of birth as shown in the document; and once the visa is issued (and whilst in the UK), you can contact their authority to report the error as if it just came to your attention: the authority might consider this action as a gesture of honesty and might accept the fact if proven with valid documents. Think about this

1 Like

Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Belly458: 11:32am On Apr 12, 2012
Vicjustice thanks.. if the authorities allow this I will definitely contact them but I need to be sure whether they will even consider correcting it or not? again thanks for your time and advice. smiley
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Vicjustice: 1:41pm On Apr 12, 2012
Belly458: Vicjustice thanks.. if the authorities allow this I will definitely contact them but I need to be sure whether they will even consider correcting it or not? again thanks for your time and advice. smiley
Except if your intended stay is only for a short period, then it may be considered irrelevant, but if you're thinking of residing in the UK, then, i suppose they will take every information you give them into consideration and i expect they will be happy to have it corrected if you prove the right date of birth; they won't under-mind such information, but you might have some explanation to give: Be rest assured that it won't be a serious matter once you are in the UK: We are talking about your parents date of birth, not yours, so, i don't see how you would be facing much of a problem for that reason, unless of course, your parents are in terror watch list

1 Like

Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Belly458: 4:17pm On Apr 12, 2012
I am going there for studies, so would probably stay there for 2 years or more. Actually I am worried that they may deport me if I told them after reaching the UK and if they deport me.. I would be loosing a lot of money sad

- the main point of my worry is the fake family registration certificate (attested photocopy) my immigration consultant submitted.

- if UKBA has kept that certificate, whether as a hard copy or soft copy (scanned it, which I believe they do because its easier to scan documents and keep a soft copy rather than keep all the photocopies that the immigrant supplies) dont you think they will deport me saying that I have deceived them in the past?
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Vicjustice: 6:50pm On Apr 12, 2012
Belly458: I am going there for studies, so would probably stay there for 2 years or more. Actually I am worried that they may deport me if I told them after reaching the UK and if they deport me.. I would be loosing a lot of money sad

- the main point of my worry is the fake family registration certificate (attested photocopy) my immigration consultant submitted.

- if UKBA has kept that certificate, whether as a hard copy or soft copy (scanned it, which I believe they do because its easier to scan documents and keep a soft copy rather than keep all the photocopies that the immigrant supplies) dont you think they will deport me saying that I have deceived them in the past?
I didn't know the gravity of the offence; all along, i had thought the document submitted was from a genuine source, and that the only problem was the date of birth in the document.
Now it's pretty clear to my comprehension and i must warn you that the UK embassy surely keep a copy of every document submitted in visa application, and if the authority knows that the document is false, then, you are doomed

1 Like

Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Belly458: 8:06pm On Apr 12, 2012
thanks alot.. hmmm so it means a person has to continue lying... I dont know why they keep detailed record of 'unsuccessful' applications. sad anyways I will talk to my consultant he is of the view that I should not change any DOB, and should write whatever my previous consultant wrote, whereas I,although it sounds crazy, still want to take my chances and want to write original DOBs, this is very frustrating, its a very tough decision to make. I have to discuss it with my consultant in detail, lets see what happens.
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by Vicjustice: 12:50am On Apr 13, 2012
Belly458: thanks alot.. hmmm so it means a person has to continue lying... I dont know why they keep detailed record of 'unsuccessful' applications. sad anyways I will talk to my consultant he is of the view that I should not change any DOB, and should write whatever my previous consultant wrote, whereas I,although it sounds crazy, still want to take my chances and want to write original DOBs, this is very frustrating, its a very tough decision to make. I have to discuss it with my consultant in detail, lets see what happens.
All the best

1 Like

Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by rainfredrick: 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2012
HELLO YOUNG MAN , I HAVE BEEN TO THE UK OVER 8 TIMES , AND I KNOW UK BACK AND FRONT , ALL THIS WHILE I'VE BEEN APPLYING SEVERAL VISAS I DID NOT FOR ONE DAY USE A RIGHT DATE OF BIRTH OF MY PARENT, AFTER ALL I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS , I USED A COMPLETE WRONG ONE AND SOMETHING DIFFERENT , NOTHING WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DO THE SAME THING , ALL THAT MATTERS IS CROSSING THE UK BORDER AND THAT'S ALL , AND MIND YOU IF YOU CHANGE THE DATES NOW THEY MIGHT BAN YOU FOR 15 SOLID YEARS YOUNG MAN
Belly458: well yes but certificates like birth certificates and family registration certificates can easily be lost?
and no I am not banned.
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by justwise(m): 4:32pm On Nov 06, 2012
rainfredrick: HELLO YOUNG MAN , I HAVE BEEN TO THE UK OVER 8 TIMES , AND I KNOW UK BACK AND FRONT , ALL THIS WHILE I'VE BEEN APPLYING SEVERAL VISAS I DID NOT FOR ONE DAY USE A RIGHT DATE OF BIRTH OF MY PARENT, AFTER ALL I DONT EVEN KNOW WHAT IT IS , I USED A COMPLETE WRONG ONE AND SOMETHING DIFFERENT , NOTHING WILL HAPPEN IF YOU DO THE SAME THING , ALL THAT MATTERS IS CROSSING THE UK BORDER AND THAT'S ALL , AND MIND YOU IF YOU CHANGE THE DATES NOW THEY MIGHT BAN YOU FOR 15 SOLID YEARS YOUNG MAN

...for the fact that you have not been found out yet does not mean that others will be that lucky and UK embassy does not ban people for 15yrs, its 10yrs.
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by mkminku: 10:04am On Jan 29, 2013
i appeared for Uk in 2011 with my wife as a dependant. i got married 2 months ago before we applied Uk visa. and we both got a refusal. the reason behind refusal came out, that my wife has applied for Uk visa before our marriage on some other passport and UK border agency caught her of carrying two identities. As i am her husband and we both applied together, i also got a 10 year refusal. with a black stamp on the last page of my passport. Unfortunately, when we recieved our original documents back from VFS, i got my passport back But Uk border agency send her passport to Indian ministry affairs as a criminal act. Now, i am a student in Malaysia from september 2012. i want to apply for europe. My question is.. will my uk refusal effect my europe application ??
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by chapas: 11:08pm On Mar 17, 2013
I have been refuse 3 times for overstaying in uk. Last time i was told 5yrs ban which ended Dec 2011. In 2007 after returning from Uk i applied for workvisa in Ireland and was refused because of Uk previous immigration. My passport had my Uk visa with a line. I have never disclosed this refusal to Uk. I have a job and permit to Uk, show i mention Ireland or it will cause problems. On previous applications i would answer Yes to visa refusals and only put Uk refusals.
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by chapas: 11:12pm On Mar 17, 2013
I have been refused 3 times for overstaying in uk. Last time i was told 5yrs ban which ended Dec 2011. In 2007 after returning from Uk i applied for workvisa in Ireland and was refused because of Uk previous immigration. My passport had my Uk visa with a line. I have never disclosed this refusal to Uk. I have a job and permit to Uk, show i mention Ireland or it will cause problems. On previous applications i would answer Yes to visa refusals and only put Uk refusals.
Re: UK Previous Visa Application Records/refusal - Plz Help! Experts Please Respond! by justwise(m): 12:06am On Mar 18, 2013

(1)

Six Nigerians Deported From Pakistan / Nigerian Man Dies While In Custody Of Austria Police (Photo) / Ukraine War: Western Sanctions Taking Toll On Us, Nigerian Students In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.