Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,309 members, 7,780,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:57 PM

Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? (2005 Views)

Why Does The Milk Always Finish Before The Bournvita? / See The Meat A Nairalander Bought / The Food Business Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by Tallest9(m): 2:37pm On Apr 09, 2012
Paid my aunty a visit and was served a plate of fried rice..on top of this plate of food were two well sauced pieces of meat (turkey to b precise)...was tempted to start eating the meats but remembered that while we were still growing, my mum warned us against eating meats before the meal so i had to wait til afta d meal 2 pounce on the meats...my question is 'for how long should this trend of finishing meals before the meat continue?'
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:00pm On Apr 09, 2012
no, its not compulsory but i find myself always doing that! grin
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by stephen121(f): 2:42pm On Apr 10, 2012
You can even eat the meat before eating the food grin
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by GeorgeD1(m): 10:20am On Apr 12, 2012
hey, that would be bad manners, don't you think? wink
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by Nobody: 8:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
Funny. Had an ex who doesnt understand how/why I'd finish the meal before even looking at the meat/fish. It's old habits though, mostly if you were brought up this way it would seem normal and even reflexive. I remember when we were little it was law not to touch the meat till we cleaned out the plate, I guess I listened to my parents on that one.
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by lepasharon(f): 9:30pm On Apr 14, 2012
You need to savour the best for last nah!

1 Like

Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:55am On Apr 19, 2012
yeah, i guess.
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Apr 19, 2012
grin grin
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by bisitunde: 9:08am On Apr 20, 2012
My sister eats d meat first n struggles to finish the meal.me i eat both together.
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:51pm On Apr 20, 2012
haba bisi! you must be a spoilt child oooo! grin
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by bisitunde: 8:09am On Apr 22, 2012
grin ;DSpoilt ke? I like to savour both at d same time o
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by GeorgeD1(m): 4:11pm On Apr 22, 2012
ha bisi! how can you savour both at the same time? that would be cheating ke? smiley
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by bisitunde: 1:40pm On Apr 23, 2012
I can o! A little bit of meat n a little bit of food give a whole new flavour-omo I go cheat o!
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by GeorgeD1(m): 3:48pm On Apr 23, 2012
bisi, na wa for you oooo! only people wey get oju kokoro na dem no dey allow meat remain for plate before dem eat their food finish oooo! no say i no tell you oooo! grin
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by bisitunde: 1:17pm On Apr 24, 2012
I no go dey eat for public again b dat!
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:59pm On Apr 24, 2012
just because of that? so no more tantalisers or mr biggs for you?
hmmmmm! dats a tough one ooooooo! all because of meat in plate? grin
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by bisitunde: 9:03pm On Apr 24, 2012
Thank God from d get go I have never been a mr biggs and co person-home cooked all d way! Bt say I go for an occation,e no good to go show oju kokoro so I will make sure I eat my meat n food d same time n maybe have a drink out dere.better abi?
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by GeorgeD1(m): 11:43am On Apr 25, 2012
ok bisi, that's a good idea but maybe you can also go with a nylon bag and just put the food inside as take away grin
later you can sit quietly somewhere and eat your meat first before descending on the food. that way nobody will know that you are an 'oju kokoro'! ha, ha, ha! wink
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by bisitunde: 5:19am On Apr 27, 2012
:oSMH-you are just a clown
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by vb0mb(m): 11:05am On Apr 28, 2012
When i came into d world i saw people eating meat last, i ask my mother why. She said she was born into the system. I had no choice than 2 join d trend.
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by olamide123: 11:50am On Apr 28, 2012
My husband eats all the meat first.. So anyone that sees his food five minutes after he starts eating will think he wasn't served meat.. Annoying eh
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by GeorgeD1(m): 9:52am On Apr 30, 2012
olamide,
you got a glutton for a husband (just joking) wink

bisi,
you know that is the only way to avoid prying eyes na! abi i talk lie? grin
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by ijebabe: 6:01pm On Apr 30, 2012
No o! It was a ruse parents planned very well to make sure we finish eating our meal angry food became punishment because we wud be eyeing the meat steadily! cheesy
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by GeorgeD1(m): 2:03pm On May 01, 2012
no, still i think the meat being last is an encouragement to finish the food quickly. wink
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by origami123: 6:00pm On Dec 22, 2014
I like doing equal portions for each bite. That way, all the goodness is always there.

Tox
www.NigerianFoods.com
Re: Must We Always Finish The Food Before The Meat? by otapretty(f): 7:29pm On May 17, 2023
It is funny how I beat my kids when they eat their meat/fish before their food, while they watch me doing otherwise 🤭🤭🤭

(1) (Reply)

The Shape Which Resembles The Organ Is Beneficial For That Organ. / Catering Sch / Top 5 Shawarma Joints In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.