Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? (7332 Views)

South East May Actually Been Marginalized; See Raesons / Ten Most Powerful People In Nigeria 2015 / The Marginalized South- Southern NIGER- DELTA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by bilms(m): 4:06pm On Apr 09, 2012
WHO ARE THE MARGINALIZED PEOPLE IN NIGERIA?

I am always worried when some group,region or tribe claim to be marginalized people in Nigeria.

The South which consist of South west,South east and south south usually claim to be the marginalized and so is the North,which consist of North west,North east and the North central,each stating their reasons which is worth pausing for mediation.

Yoruba,Hausa,Igbo, etc have claimed to be marginalized at one point or the other and even at this present dispensation,the Yoruba people didn't occupy any top position in Nigeria.

This is made me to ask the question, who are the marginalized people in Nigeria?

From the definition, Marginalize is defined as to be relegated to an unimportant or powerless position within a society or group. It could also be defined as to relegate or confine to a lower or outer limit or edge, as of social standing.

This means that if one is being marginalized,you will be denied the right to express on important issues,receive benefits and contribute to the society,but i do not see any region in Nigeria that is affected in such manner, the worst is that,you are not accorded with what you are supposed to be accorded at a time and every region in Nigeria has experienced this in my opinion,though some are more affected than the other.

There are people who actively and constantly participate in virtually every government in Nigeria from every region,they are not denied right to express,receive benefits and contribute and in fact,they aid the government in power to achieve its aims and objectives from our various groups in Nigeria. How can a region claim to be marginalized when its people are in the government aiding it and receiving benefits? In reality,every region of Nigeria is marginalized in one way or the other and all at the same time can not claim to be marginalized because people from their region are part of the respective governments.

The real marginalized people in Nigeria are the people of Nigeria,those who are denied access to express without being crushed,they are denied access to any benefit in their country,no light,no road,no food and no care nothing,these set of people exists in every part of Nigeria,both as Muslims and Christians even the traditional believers,they are the real marginalized people in Nigeria.

Another set of marginalized people in Nigeria are the intellectually marginalized people who had knowledge,skills and talent to display to solve various challenges in the country,but are denied the mean of expression and showcasing their knowledge due to lack of right avenue,equipment and support. We must therefore work collectively to ensure that the marginalized are given what is due.

So who are the marginalized people who deserve what is due? we are.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by bilms(m): 12:25pm On Apr 10, 2012
smiley
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by Callotti: 12:44pm On Apr 10, 2012
Any part of Nigeria that has not produced a civilian dictator since OBJ!

Ho ha!
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by bilms(m): 12:49pm On Apr 10, 2012
there are many parts...lol..but those they produce gets the ghana must go too
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by OAM4J: 12:50pm On Apr 10, 2012
Looks like everybody is marginalized one way or the other.

I think its better to say the leaders are the ones marginalizing the citizens, a situation where few thousands control, manipulate and keep the wealth of millions is gross marginalization.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by bilms(m): 12:56pm On Apr 10, 2012
so simple sir....but most marginalized people are the once protecting and defending the people marginalizing them..what a pity.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 10, 2012
Silly question.

The entire shithole called Nigeria is marginalized.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by bilms(m): 2:05pm On Apr 10, 2012
k
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by xbitttt(m): 3:34pm On Apr 10, 2012
[color=#990000][/color]
bilms: k
pDude: Silly question.

Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by xbitttt(m): 3:38pm On Apr 10, 2012
mumu
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by egift(m): 4:02pm On Apr 10, 2012
Any community in this country that is not developed is Marginalized.

Nigerians should seek development in their communities, than fighting to enter Aso Rock. Since Jonathan enter what have Bayelsa gotten (no bi Church, imposition of Governor and Subsidy Removal suffering - what else?).

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by ekwynwa: 4:05pm On Apr 10, 2012
me
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by Willzkid(m): 4:08pm On Apr 10, 2012
Very good points raised poster, and very erudite piece..for too long we have played too much tribalism with our collective destinies..we see ourselves as Edo,Yoruba, Igbo, ETC..and anyone who does not share our ethnicity is treated with sone sort of paranoia. While we continue being divisive within ourselves our "not so intelligent" leaders see us as pawns on their chess boards. We the Nigerian hoi poloi are the marginalized tribe, not the NE,SS,SE,NC,SW or NW. I pity the SSners who have enjoyed the collective pity, or so it seems to the layman. Now that we've gotten our chance, hope we will not wake up oneday to remember how our common till was plundered on millitants at the expense of brilliant young chaps who have the potentials of bringing our region to a point of intellectual reckoning. Good topic, blims....derailers, pls buzz off
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:14pm On Apr 10, 2012
If you havent produce a president,you are marginalized.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by ismhab(m): 4:30pm On Apr 10, 2012
Ndi Igbo are the most marginalized, thanks to the Nigerian civil war, they are now second class citizens.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2012
I think every group in Nigeria is marginalized but i think the Igbos are the most marginalized group considering the fact that they're a majority group in Nigeria. Even the so-called minorities are enjoying more than the Igbos. The civil war is not over.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2012
ismhab: Ndi Igbo are the most marginalized, thanks to the Nigerian civil war, they are now second class citizens.

they brought that shitt over themselves immediately one of them killed the prime minister.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by badmrkt(m): 4:44pm On Apr 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

If you havent produce a president,you are marginalized.
in the 19th century only fools made this kind of comments,but i'm surprised that in 21st century someone's still making such comment.
we're all marginalised whether our region produced/produces a president.what development have the north recorded inspite of the fact they've ruled the country more than any other region?it is high time we dropped this sh*t called region and look forward to producing a visionary leader no matter where he/she comes from.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by ekwynwa: 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

they brought that shitt over themselves immediately one of them killed the prime minister.

yorubas re equally marginalized,so deal with it.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by ekwynwa: 4:47pm On Apr 10, 2012
ismhab: Ndi Igbo are the most marginalized, thanks to the Nigerian civil war, they are now second class citizens.

re you re 3rd class chimp.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2012
afam4eva: I think every group in Nigeria is marginalized but i think the Igbos are the most marginalized group considering the fact that they're a majority group in Nigeria. Even the so-called minorities are enjoying more than the Igbos. The civil war is not over.

Team up with us and the sky will be your limit.Ask ijaws how their dreams finally became a reality. shocked
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by Afam4eva(m): 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Team up with us and the sky will be your limit.Ask ijaws how their dreams finally became a reality. shocked

Why not team up with us.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by ekwynwa: 4:48pm On Apr 10, 2012
badmrkt: in the 19th century only fools made this kind of comments,but i'm surprised that at 21st century someone's still making such comment.
we're all marginalised whether our region produced/produces a president.what development have the north recorded inspite of the fact they've ruled the country more than any other region?it is high time we dropped this sh*t called region and look forward to producing a visionary leader no matter where he/she comes from.

WORD. tell NL ret.ar.ds.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Apr 10, 2012
I hope mukina2 is not around. . . .I'll be right back.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by Ninilowo(m): 4:52pm On Apr 10, 2012
OAM4J: Looks like everybody is marginalized one way or the other.

I think its better to say the leaders are the ones marginalizing the citizens, a situation where few thousands control, manipulate and keep the wealth of millions is gross marginalization.
GBAM.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Apr 10, 2012
Dont be deceived about any "political marginalisation". No tribe is marginalised in Nigeria and everyone is marginalised. The political class have marginalised the rest of us. The corner the big contracts, award all sorts of allowances to themselves while the populace continues to suffer. The suffering is felt across all tribes and in all regions.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by juman(m): 4:59pm On Apr 10, 2012
We the masses.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by Jack65: 5:01pm On Apr 10, 2012

So why is it a silly question ?
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by ekwynwa: 5:10pm On Apr 10, 2012
afam4eva:

Why not team up with us.

@ afam,
never team up with a failed group, Yorubas ve failed to produce a choice president that is popular amongst them, except OBJ that was foisted on them on two occasions 1976 and 1999. In both instances he was a ball that was kicked up by the north, he did not become president on either occasion by any deliberate strategy of the Yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by sirp2007: 5:15pm On Apr 10, 2012
Those crying that they have been marginalise are greedy individuals who want to use ethnic clothing to have a bit from the provebial NATIONAL CAKE.
Sad thing about this country is that everyone is seeking what he/she can get from d centre and not what they can contribute.
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by emsquare(m): 5:25pm On Apr 10, 2012

Hmmmm!!!
Re: Who Are The Marginalized People In Nigeria? by MrEverest(m): 5:29pm On Apr 10, 2012
Any unbiased Nigerian wil tel u dat Igbos are d most marginalized ethnic group while d Hausas are the usurpers but since d return of democracy, some posts which were hitherto denied the Igbos by the so called born to rule, have been broken but until they get their son into Aso rock, their will still be clamour for Biafra

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Ibrahim Gaidam Of Yobe Wins APC Flag Again / Throwback: Jonathan Campaign Pictures In Kano 2015 / ‘if We Conduct Election In Abia North Twenty Times, I Will Win’ – Orji Kalu Decl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.