Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,453 members, 7,808,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only - Educational Services (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Educational Services / Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only (32290 Views)

Study In Ghana, UK And US Universities / Need Scholarship To Study Abroad? / Project Topic And The Material For Nigerian Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by justwise(m): 10:58pm On Apr 12, 2012
@ petres_007

You can blab your way around this but you can't fool me one bit, its pointless believing anything i read from their website because its all part of the bogus scholarship scheme. The real Professor J.M. Amoda may not have any idea that his name is been used for this silly scam as many fraudulent individuals do.

What other evidence do you need to proof that this is fraud? Asking applicants to pay N35.000 into bank account is the first sign of fraud, scholarships applications are FREE , there is no scholarship that is opened to unlimited number of people who can afford to pay N35.000 application fee. These are tell tell sign of fraudulent activities.

This is just a way of making a quick money by selling worthless scholarship form to as many victims as possible then that will be the end of it.

Nobody need a prophet to tell he or her that real scholarships do not ask for application fees and a specific number of scholarships available will be mentioned, name a single school in the UK taking part in the scholarship program, i will personally call them to find out and will report back here.
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by petres007(m): 10:42am On Apr 13, 2012
justwise:
@ petres_007

You can blab your way around this but you can't fool me one bit, its pointless believing anything i read from their website because its all part of the bogus scholarship scheme. The real Professor J.M. Amoda may not have any idea that his name is being used for this silly scam as many fraudulent individuals do.

Ah, I see you're not completely allergic to being thoughtful after all! grin

Your statement here sort of implies you know that if the 'real' Professor Amoda so much as consented to having his name used in promoting the programme, lends a reasonable level of credibility to it as the prof would never allow such if he so much as sniffed something was amiss with the programme or the peeps who approached him to have his name used this way. I want to believe we both agree on that, don't we?

Now let me surprise you: the 'real' Professor John M. Amoda IS the one behind the programme! grin
They're not merely using his name to gain credibility. That is, if you want to pinpoint any one person as being the the chief visionary for the programme, its him. Find a way to verify this. I said before that professors aren't nobodies you'd have difficulty digging up stuff about or getting in touch with. Do your due diligence, bros and quit this arm-chair, paranoia inspired pronouncements! I remember pointing you to an article he wrote and had posted on the site called "The Idea behind the Scholar Sponsor Programme". here's the link again - http://www.scholarsponsor.org/index.php/the-idea-behind-the-scholarship-sponsor-project/

You can google his name. Various news releases, interviews and articles on him by even Nigerian dailies are available online. You can compare those with his article in the link I gave you. His full name's John Moyibi Amoda.

Personally, I understand the issue with the amount they're charging as processing fee. But all I need establish before getting over that is the CREDIBILITY of the company/people behind it. If from the start you'd showed genuine interest in finding out whether or not the prof really was involved in this, our conversation would have taken a very different direction.

justwise:
@ petres_007

What other evidence do you need to proof that this is fraud? Asking applicants to pay N35.000 into bank account is the first sign of fraud, scholarships applications are FREE , there is no scholarship that is opened to unlimited number of people who can afford to pay N35.000 application fee. These are tell tell sign of fraudulent activities.

You seem so hung up on this. Why don't you start by establishing the prof's involvement as I have suggested? We'll get to this one later. Do your background search and all you can to verify his involvement.

justwise:
@ petres_007
Nobody need a prophet to tell he or her that real scholarships do not ask for application fees and a specific number of scholarships available will be mentioned, name a single school in the UK taking part in the scholarship program, i will personally call them to find out and will report back here.

This again shows you're crying fowl over something you haven't bothered to get your facts straight about. The partnering universities they currently have are named at the bottom of this page on the programme website - http://www.scholarsponsor.org/index.php/about-3/

But please take your time and read through properly. Come up with facts, bros, facts! And don't forget to[b] report here[/b] as you said you would!

P.S. If you'd showed some seriousness about sincerely investigating the programme, I would have provided helpful tips and information I can't post here in public to aid you in your investigation. But as it stands. . . cool
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by justwise(m): 4:06pm On Apr 13, 2012
petres_007:

Ah, I see you're not completely allergic to being thoughtful after all! grin

Your statement here sort of implies you know that if the 'real' Professor Amoda so much as consented to having his name used in promoting the programme, lends a reasonable level of credibility to it as the prof would never allow such if he so much as sniffed something was amiss with the programme or the peeps who approached him to have his name used this way. I want to believe we both agree on that, don't we?

Now let me surprise you: the 'real' Professor John M. Amoda IS the one behind the programme! grin
They're not merely using his name to gain credibility. That is, if you want to pinpoint any one person as being the the chief visionary for the programme, its him. Find a way to verify this. I said before that professors aren't nobodies you'd have difficulty digging up stuff about or getting in touch with. Do your due diligence, bros and quit this arm-chair, paranoia inspired pronouncements! I remember pointing you to an article he wrote and had posted on the site called "The Idea behind the Scholar Sponsor Programme". here's the link again - http://www.scholarsponsor.org/index.php/the-idea-behind-the-scholarship-sponsor-project/

You can google his name. Various news releases, interviews and articles on him by even Nigerian dailies are available online. You can compare those with his article in the link I gave you. His full name's John Moyibi Amoda.

Personally, I understand the issue with the amount they're charging as processing fee. But all I need establish before getting over that is the CREDIBILITY of the company/people behind it. If from the start you'd showed genuine interest in finding out whether or not the prof really was involved in this, our conversation would have taken a very different direction.

You seem so hung up on this. Why don't you start by establishing the prof's involvement as I have suggested? We'll get to this one later. Do your background search and all you can to verify his involvement.

This again shows you're crying fowl over something you haven't bothered to get your facts straight about. The partnering universities they currently have are named at the bottom of this page on the programme website - http://www.scholarsponsor.org/index.php/about-3/

But please take your time and read through properly. Come up with facts, bros, facts! And don't forget to[b] report here[/b] as you said you would!

P.S. If you'd showed some seriousness about sincerely investigating the programme, I would have provided helpful tips and information I can't post here in public to aid you in your investigation. But as it stands. . . cool

I don't need any helpful tips from you, either will i waste my time trying to investigate any name you have provided here, its up to any prospective student who wants to waste his or her N35.000 on this dodgy program. The fact still remain that no genuine scholarship demands application fees and unlimited number of applicants.
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by petres007(m): 12:00am On Apr 16, 2012
justwise:
I don't need any helpful tips from you, either will i waste my time trying to investigate any name you have provided here, its up to any prospective student who wants to waste his or her N35.000 on this dodgy program. The fact still remain that no genuine scholarship demands application fees and unlimited number of applicants.

Oh, come on!! angry

Here I was hoping you'd finally come around and would at least call the Universities and report back here as you said you would. Is arguing blindly your chief pastime? I really, really thought you'd had a change of mind and was going to take one or two steps to "expose" this as fraud. Now you're just going to leave it to prospective students who want to waste their money?
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by justwise(m): 10:11am On Apr 16, 2012
petres_007:

Oh, come on!! angry

Here I was hoping you'd finally come around and would at least call the Universities and report back here as you said you would. Is arguing blindly your chief pastime? I really, really thought you'd had a change of mind and was going to take one or two steps to "expose" this as fraud. Now you're just going to leave it to prospective students who want to waste their money?

Don't worry, you don't have to wait too long for my report on it.
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by justwise(m): 7:13pm On Apr 18, 2012
This is the reply from University of Exeter, one of the 2 universities you claimed that is sponsoring the scholarship.

Funding Admin Mail fundingadmin@exeter.ac.uk

16 Apr (2 days ago)

Dear Wise,

Your email has been forwarded to me by our Postgraduate Admissions team. This isn’t a scholarship we are familiar with, however if you could send up a link to the webpage where you found the scholarship information we will try to verify the information on there.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Jo

Miss Josephine Powell

Senior Student Funding Assistant
Finance Services

Room 154

Northcote House

The Queen's Drive
University of Exeter
Tel: 01392 722486
Fax: 01392 263859

www.exeter.ac.uk/bursaries

Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by justwise(m): 7:27pm On Apr 18, 2012
When they asked for the link to the website where the scholarship and their university name was mentioned, i sent they the website and link to nairaland and this is their reply today:

[b]Funding Admin Mail fundingadmin@exeter.ac.uk

Hi Wise,

Thanks for sending the links through to me. I have forwarded the link to a few different departments within the university however no-one here has heard of the funding. Therefore I think it is safe to assume this isn’t a legitimate scholarship.

The University of Exeter is currently looking into removing our details from any web pages related to this scholarship. We have also informed the University of Exeter representative based on Nigeria, so she will warn any prospective students of this scholarship.

Thank you so much for bringing our attention to this scholarship, hopefully we can prevent any students from becoming victims of scholarship scams in the future.

If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,

Jo

Miss Josephine Powell

Senior Student Funding Assistant
Finance Services

Room 154

Northcote House

The Queen's Drive
University of Exeter
Tel: 01392 722486
Fax: 01392 263859

www.exeter.ac.uk/bursaries

[/b]
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by justwise(m): 7:34pm On Apr 18, 2012
petres_007:

Oh, come on!! angry

I have reported my findings.
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by justwise(m): 11:22am On Apr 20, 2012
petres_007:

Oh, come on!! angry

Haven't you seen the reply from the University of Exeter? Why did they denied knowing about the scholarship even as the website you provided linked they to the scholarship?
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by petres007(m): 6:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
justwise:

I have reported my findings.

Thank you very seriously! grin

I'm sorry I disappeared for a while. Got submerged in lots of work and work-related wahala. wink

Now regarding your findings:

The key personnel behind the programme have taken steps to clear the air about the programme, first of which is a statement by the prof, published only two days ago - http://www.scholarsponsor.org/index.php/2012/04/24/professor-amoda-speaks-the-scholars-sponsor-programme-is-no-scam/

Please take the time to read. His response actually explains why the Universities responded that way. But in addition to this, they're working on something which I'm not sure I'm at liberty to disclose now until it goes public, at which point, I'll update you/this thread (it relates directly with these Universities).
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by justwise(m): 10:25am On Apr 28, 2012
petres_007:

Thank you very seriously! grin

I'm sorry I disappeared for a while. Got submerged in lots of work and work-related wahala. wink

Now regarding your findings:

The key personnel behind the programme have taken steps to clear the air about the programme, first of which is a statement by the prof, published only two days ago - http://www.scholarsponsor.org/index.php/2012/04/24/professor-amoda-speaks-the-scholars-sponsor-programme-is-no-scam/

Please take the time to read. His response actually explains why the Universities responded that way. But in addition to this, they're working on something which I'm not sure I'm at liberty to disclose now until it goes public, at which point, I'll update you/this thread (it relates directly with these Universities).

I'm sorry there is nothing in that article that convinced me that this is not scam, this is an elaborate scam, the writer made it clear that the scholarship will be financed through the sale of forms and money raised through private companies and not everybody that paid N35000 will be given the scholarship.

This brings me back to my initial suspicion. .they set out to sell as many form as possible then smile to the bank.

I'm still maintaining my ground, why did University of Exeter denied knowing that this scholarship even as they are listed as one of the sponsors?
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by Ezegozie(m): 3:30pm On Sep 21, 2012
justwise:

I'm sorry there is nothing in that article that convinced me that this is not scam, this is an elaborate scam, the writer made it clear that the scholarship will be financed through the sale of forms and money raised through private companies and not everybody that paid N35000 will be given the scholarship.

This brings me back to my initial suspicion. .they set out to sell as many form as possible then smile to the bank.

I'm still maintaining my ground, why did University of Exeter denied knowing that this scholarship even as they are listed as one of the sponsors?

Justwise, you have proven that you are really jux wise. Dont mind that frustrated old thief looking for who to dupe. From all indication, the scolarship is fraudulent. And no real profesor is associated with it. inshort if i am to become president, i will make you the EFCC boss because you have the required quality. Thanx for the good work you have done.
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by justwise(m): 3:44pm On Sep 21, 2012
Ezegozie:

Justwise, you have proven that you are really jux wise. Dont mind that frustrated old thief looking for who to dupe. From all indication, the scolarship is fraudulent. And no real profesor is associated with it. [b]inshort if i am to become president i will make you the EFCC boss because [/b]you have the required quality. Thanx for the good work you have done.

grin grin grin tell me when your campaign starts .... i will vote for you.. grin grin
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by TeeTow: 5:23am On Oct 17, 2012
learn: very true, am on scholarship n i didnt pay a kobo for it

I have been searching all over the internet for need-blind scholarship opportunties for a masters degree in the US and UK. Would you be nice enough to point me in the right direction? Would really appreciate it. Thank you adetoreraidowu@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by iyobs7(f): 7:20am On Nov 15, 2012
TeeTow:

I have been searching all over the internet for need-blind scholarship opportunties for a masters degree in the US and UK. Would you be nice enough to point me in the right direction? Would really appreciate it. Thank you adetoreraidowu@yahoo.co.uk

This one na correct ode and mugu... Ur eye wear skirt
U neva see wetin oga justwise analyze come out so?
Any small tin una go dey put email address down and
When you are scammed, u go come dey cry fawo for hia!!!
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by bigfat: 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2012
very hard to find scholarship in the US AND UK you can get in most European universities and also get schools with cheap fees from 50k per year and upwards.

1 Like

Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by Lirasg(m): 8:15pm On Nov 24, 2013
I just followed this thread completely. I salute you Justwise.

Na you try pass.
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 30, 2013
Very well done Justwise. Thanks for seeing this through. 35,000 Naira just for a scholarship application? shocked A well thought out case of fraud indeed!
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by chrisviral(m): 10:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
Here is another striking opportunity for academic students but lack financial power to sponsor their education.

Master card foundation scholarship, for both undergraduate and graduates... Deadlines are around d corner

www.nairaland.com/1558068/mastercard-foundation-scholarship-enter-here
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by ShanghaiTLink: 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2014
Hello Everyone,

Admission process in on going into the following programs:

The programs available:
1. 1 Year Chinese language course
2. Vocational skill training course as per students or organization needs
3. Bachelor and Post graduate courses taught in English (Computer science, Hotel management, Tourism Management, Clinical Medicine)
4. Bachelors, Masters, and PhD in other programs such as social science, engineering taught using Chinese medium ( Other Nigerians enrolled in this programs are doing well after initially enrolling for the 1 years Chinese language program before switching to the degree course upon completing the Chinese language course)
5. We help students apply for and follow up on Chinese full scholarship programs

Processing time: 3/4 weeks after collating and submitting the required documents

Tuition: $2,000-$3,000/year (bachelor degree, vocational training, Chinese Language course)
$3,000-$4,000/year (post graduate programs)

We recruit students for Chinese Universities in Jiangsu Province, Hunan Province and Shanghai (based on availability)

For further details, please drop me a mail: shanghiatradelink@outlook.com

STL Ltd
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by felixcoco(m): 9:38am On Jul 01, 2014
Study In Turkish Republic Of North Cyprus... TRNC

50% Scholarship and Low Tuition Fee Available for all international students.

Masters , Undergraduate , Phd Programmes available...

for more info, contact :

Study Abroad Admission Agency
Adeyinka Adeola
+905338773816 (Whatsapp)
felixcoco25@gmail.com
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by ahmedbalogun: 2:02pm On Jul 01, 2014
N.C.S[NIGERIA CUSTOM SERVICE]!!!!!!
THE NIGERIA CUSTOM SERVICE BROADBAND AGENCY ARE TO INFORM THE
FELLOW PUBLIC, THAT THE AGENCY FORM IS NOW OUT.. FOR QUICK REGISTRATION DIRECT AND SUPPORT,
PLEASE CONTACT 08117651896, +2348117651896, AND IF YOU ARE HAVING A GOOD CERTIFICATE WITH GOOD QUALITIES,YOU CAN BE APPLIED
FOR HIGH AGENCY .. CONTACT US OR OUR WEBSITE FOR DIRECT AND SCREENING..
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
Friend,
Are you left alone and helpless in a wild desert
of your final year project, Master’s thesis/
dissertation, academic assignments, term
paper seminars and you cannot discover a single drop of
water to quench the thirst for these academic
assignments?
Besides, the cost of doing a customized project
may also be too costly in terms of price far
beyond your budget and may not meet up with
your deadlines.
This is where scyllabanksofficial steps
in. With a group of experience and professional
writers, our academic papers writing service
can help you complete your dissertation or any
other term paper no matter what tight
deadlines your killer professor have assigned
to you.
Our completed thesis/dissertation service
offers you the following
1. Cheapest price for a standard and
potentially A grade thesis/dissertation
2. The materials above are complete thesis/
dissertation work done by experts in each field
of study covered.
3. The materials come with the complete
chapters of a standard project that is: Chapter
1: Introduction; Chapter 2: Literature Review;
Chapter 3: Research Methodology; Chapter 4:
Presentation, analysis and Interpretation of
Data; Chapter 5: Summary, Conclusion and
Recommendations. It also comes with FREE
ABSTRACT of the whole work. Notwithstanding,
some prose work such as it relates to Law,
Politics and History have different
chapterization based on the topic of the study.
4. You are entitled to FREE counseling/
discussion on the material for purpose of
understanding and preparation for final
defense. You can contact us on
scyllabanksofficial@gmail.com so we can
communicate online
or call us on +234 8054278664 bbm 2829dac9
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by pottershouse(f): 8:16am On Dec 21, 2014
Are u a talented or non talented dancer or singer, actor or actress and reside in portharcourt then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for, why not grab it with both hands as a new social group called the potters house emerges in portharcourt, new members are highly welcomed. Send us mails @ pottershouse99@yahoo.com or what's app on 08068128258 or call 08134832148.......bbm pin 2a368d21 Thank you and remain blessed.......
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by damsie(f): 1:45pm On Feb 03, 2015
Dear friend and subscriber,

Do you want to start earning unlimited income without any stress from the comfort of your bedroom?
Then be prepared to sack that your bossy boss at work. Here is how: I am often moved by the rate of unemployment in our nation, after going through the different rigours of life to study and make a headway in life,  unemployment sets in. That is one of the major reasons why I came up with these offers because I want the youths  out there that are unemployed to enjoy from what has turn me into an overnight millionaire.

If you are going for this offer, be prepared you will become the toast of the world and you will be subject to envy because you will be made for life.
This offer is one is one of its kind in Nigeria and the offer is very limited, because no internet guru will give you all am offering at that very ridiculous price, take this advantage before it expires.

Here are some of the benefits you stand to enjoy when you order for this comprehensive package

1) how to fund your liberty reserve account with credit cards

2)the $200 a day cash machine system

3) mobile profits system, how to earn a guaranteed #5,000 to #10,000 daily your mobile phone.

4) how to raise money online from a donor agency.

5) free oversea study programme up to PHD level free.

6) how to get free computer from an NGO based in united kingdom (uk) without paying a dime or kobo

7) sources of cheap but brand new laptops for #10,000 _#15,000 or where to start importing laptops for $100 _ $300 abroad.

cool how to enjoy free airfare, free accomodation, grants  etc as agent to a south africa engineering company.

9) where to get paid to #100,000 monthly as agents to online shopping mart in nigeria.

10) access to 50 top -on- demand  products with re-sale rights

11) website for purchase of used 'tokunbo' cars as low as $500

12) free software source you can sell

13) website for free cars in usa, uk and canada

14) membership link of profitable clubs.

Click here to order and to veiw some other benefits u stand to enjoy when you purchase this ebook.

NOTE: I only need 20 slots after which the price goes up and later the door closed. Grab yours fast!!!

http://www.infobiznaija.com/oyinda/
Re: Full Post-graduate Scholarship To UK/US Universities For Nigerian Nationals Only by chateliers: 10:06am On Feb 25, 2015
ADVERT ADVERT ADVERT!!!. Hurry up now, for those intreasted in studying Abroad, working Abroad, involvement in transporting goods or marketing your goods Abroad. And advertisement oF your goods. For those studying Abroad, N.D holders, P.H.D, studying For masters either Philosophy, Astronomy, Astrology, Bio chemistry, Petro chemical, Law, Doctor, Actor Engineering. E.t.c. And For those seeking For Admission in studying Abroad in universities or colleges. For those seeking For job and those intreasted in working Abroad e.g For graduate, P.H.D, and N.D holders e.t.c. Please contact our Emaill: Piusdavez@gmail.com or contact the oFFice manager M.R EDWARD DAVID on +2348107130207

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

STUDY IN CYPRUS @ Near East University!!! With Low Tuition Fee & 50% Scholarship / Pls Recommend A Good Catering School In Lagos. / Study Abroad Free. Full Scholarship Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.