Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry (1989 Views)

For Gazzuz And Other Auto Gurus In The House, Help Diagnose His Car's Condition / Please Auto Gurus. I Need Help With For My New Honda Car / ATTN: Sienna, Fhemmy, Kunle & NL Auto Gurus: MY 06 SONATA ENGINE PROBLEMS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by alancruise(m): 7:25am On Apr 11, 2012
My toyota camry Orobo vibrates whenever I apply the brake while am driving it on the road? Pls wat could be the problem? I also notice that while i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a̶̲̥̅̊ hold up if I put the automatic transmission to Park,the vibration stops. Pls I need help here. My mechanic told me that it is d silencer that is touching d body? How true is that? Don't know
Pls I need help?
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by alancruise(m): 9:06am On Apr 11, 2012
Pls I need help sirs
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by alancruise(m): 12:01pm On Apr 11, 2012
Still waiting
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by camary(m): 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
alancruise: My toyota camry Orobo vibrates whenever I apply the brake while am driving it on the road? Pls wat could be the problem? I also notice that while i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ a̶̲̥̅̊ hold up if I put the automatic transmission to Park,the vibration stops. Pls I need help here. My mechanic told me that it is d silencer that is touching d body? How true is that? Don't know
Pls I need help?

i had similar experience with my EOD but was adviced by my mechanic to go for wheel alignment and alignment. i did only wheel balancing and the problem disappeared like magic. You should go for wheel balancing and alignment and observe if there ll b any improvement.
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by seal777(m): 1:04pm On Apr 11, 2012
Its easy, if the silencer is touching the body, have them examine it to be sure he is correct about his observation.

If his observation is not correct, Go for wheel balancing and alignment as adviced and if the problem persist, let your mechanic check your brake disk or the caliper,had the same problem with my Camry but only stopped after changing the disc......they are extremely cheap ( 1000 - 1500 ) at ladipo.

Dont allow them to swindle you........best of luck.
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by joerope: 3:49pm On Apr 11, 2012
Brother, just change your break disc or take it to where they can grand it for you and your problem will be over. I encountered a similar issue several times and it always end up been break disc.
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by alancruise(m): 5:52pm On Apr 11, 2012
many thanks to all
i will surely do that
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by alancruise(m): 10:49pm On Apr 13, 2012
My People I have tried all Ʊ adviced, it is still the same, I change the brake disk, did wheel balancing,all. To know avail. Pls my car still vibrate. Especially the steering and the dash vibrates after applying d brake. Pls help. Someone told me to check the engine seat
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by alancruise(m): 10:05am On Apr 14, 2012
Pls help
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by alancruise(m): 5:03pm On Apr 14, 2012
Still need ur help
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by Ikenna351(m): 7:53pm On Apr 14, 2012
If I were you, I wouldnt have wasted my money to do the wheel balancing. Wheel balancing has nothing to do with the issue with your car. Symptom of out of wheel balancing is when a car gradually vibrates, as the car gain top speed. It wouldnt vibrate on low speed. Your explanation showed that it vibrates only when you touch the brake pedal. Am I right?

Since you have eliminated the brake disk, what about the condition of the steering shaft & pinion (rack & pinion)? Even the tierod too? Does it vibrate when the car is idling, but in Drive gear?

Ikenna.
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by alancruise(m): 8:49pm On Apr 14, 2012
It does not vibrates wen i̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ an idle state. It only vibrates wen the brake is applied wen driving, especially wen the A̶̲̥̅̊.C is on. If d A̶̲̥̅̊.C is off d vibration tends to lower.
Many thanks sir for ur quick response
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by Ikenna351(m): 9:26pm On Apr 14, 2012
It sounds like an egine mount issue. But the culptrit could be another thing that is auto trans or engine related. I really dont know much about auto transmission. But it wont hurt to check the engine mounts. But your description showed that it happens when there is load on the engine. This thing with Japanese cars! Anyway, am out of ideas. Just try the engine mounts. I hope someone else here have idea of what is the cause, since am not a Japamobile fan. Never experienced such in any of my French cars.

Ikenna.
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by alancruise(m): 7:15am On Apr 15, 2012
Many thanks Sir
Still need a̶̲̥̅̊ helping hand here
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by iykeG(m): 11:06am On Apr 15, 2012
Does it vibrate @​ Ūя̲̅ steering? Tell your mechanic to check your shift cups, especially the ones directly fixed to the gear box. Maybe the grease inside has turned watery or there is none @ all. It may need changing. Also Τ̅rƔ checking the air vacuum control for the ac, if its bad. Tell a car electrician to do that for U̶̲̥̅̊.
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by GloriaQuest: 7:20pm On Apr 16, 2012
Oga, ur engine is probably low. go back to ur mechanic and tell him to high ur engine. i encountered this problem before with my camry and highing the engine solved the problem. GOODLUCK
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by alancruise(m): 9:04pm On Apr 16, 2012
But what if the engine is high, won't it be consuming much fuel
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by GloriaQuest: 7:13pm On May 07, 2012
increasing the engine to like 10 or a little higher than 10 is ok and does NOT consume fuel.
Re: Pls Help!!!! I Need Your Advice Auto Gurus On My Toyota Camry by diportivo: 7:20pm On May 12, 2012
The idle speed for most cars is between 750 and 850.1000rpm is actually too much and might affect ur fuel consumption.though ur problem seems to be the idle control.dats what ur rewire shld check out not just you jerking up the idle speed.

(1) (Reply)

Custom Auctioned Vehicle / How To Differentiate A Genuine Custom Car Paper From Faked Custom Paper / Has Anyone Bought Nigeria Custom's Autioned Cars?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.