Stats: 3,150,424 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:56 PM

Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses (6277 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: FG Should Legalize Illegal Refineries - Murray-Bruce / Rivers: Tribunal Admits Photos Of Corpses Of Killed ‘voters’ / Fashola Signs Cremation Bill In To Law (2) (3) (4)

Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by crackhouse(m): 7:15pm On Apr 11, 2012
Dead man don enter another wahala o.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by EvilBrain1(m): 7:29pm On Apr 11, 2012
D sage: Cremation is alien to our culture and religions belief,i dnt think its a right tin for any govt to make it legal since its against our traditions.

Cremation to those that started it,was not as a result of lack/inadequate land to buried their dead but culture/tradition.

I'm sick of people spouting this religion and culture rubbish. First of all, nobody gives a cr@p about your religious beliefs, Nigeria is a secular state and just because something is against your faith doesn't mean nobody should be allowed to do it.

Second, what is culture? Culture is the way of life of a people. It's not rigid or fixed, it changes with time and place.Tea drinking wasn't in our culture a century ago, and neither was posting on the internet. Should they be illegal too? If there is even one single Nigerian who prefers to be cremated when he dies, then it means cremation is in our culture.

Stop being so narrow minded.

Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Sagamite(m): 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2012
D sage: Cremation is alien to our culture and religions belief,i dnt think its a right tin for any govt to make it legal since its against our traditions.

Cremation to those that started it,was not as a result of lack/inadequate land to buried their dead but culture/tradition.

What an utterly moronic post from the first "C" to the last "n".

Our failed education system does not sharpen thinking abilities nor does it encourage facts verification.

This is the product!
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by faithin9ja: 11:05pm On Apr 11, 2012
I was in secondary school, Edo College, Benin City in the 1970's, one of our Indian teachers died and we, some senior students were allowed to go his funeral, being a Hindu he was cremated. We were allowed to watch the cremation.

This was in Benin City around 1975 or 76, illegal?
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Eltonluigi(m): 12:40am On Apr 12, 2012
Another dumb state doing another dumb stuff, must they made every common sensical thing into law?
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by procedure: 1:46am On Apr 12, 2012
Ritualist burn dead bodies too for money. I think creamating should be a decision made by the person before they die.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by ektbear: 2:17am On Apr 12, 2012
Right...everything voluntary.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by nursemyke: 11:26am On Apr 12, 2012
Hi everyone, I wish to commend everyone on this post but before criticizing, you have to understand the contents of the so call bill and the intents behind it. I am a health worker who practice a religion in Nigeria and has a culture too. What the proposer of the bill is saying is simply that there are no land in Lagos again to do mass burial for unclaimed corpse. What should be done to the said unclaimed corpse according to our religion and cultures? In the bill, ways of disposing of the ashes will be spelt out. If later anyone shows up to claim the corpse, the ash will be handed over for the kind of burial they wanted. So let us not over beat this issue. Our Morgue or mortuary attendants are being infected due to over congestion of the morgues or mortuaries.
See lets be realistic, many people and relatives will opt for this method. There are instances when relatives will pay paltry sum for undertaker services and they never care how and where their dead relations will be buried. Some even abandon corpse in the hospitals, so tell me will such people not be happy that they have been relived of the burden to pay huge amount for undertaker service?
Cremation is not by force, its voluntary and only for the unclaimed corpse after certain legal aspects met.
Thank you all.

Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Dsage1: 12:23pm On Apr 12, 2012
Evil Brain& Sagamite,you guys must be either stupid or lack reasoning.

The fact that,we've been colonized both physically and mentally by the white,shouldnt make you condemmed every aspect of your God's givn culture/tradition.If at all you dont know what African culture means,at least none of your grand fathers/mothers being cremated before.

And that is why we may never develop as a country cos most of you,as result of external influence, always thought that everytin alien were the best to subtitute our way of life&inheritance culture.You guys said someone was not educated/illiterate&that why he didnt realised the important of cremation etc.Hmmmm,i laff in chinese,although education is good&enlighten us in one way or other but belief me,it's causing more evil than good to African people.For instance,since the western education being introduced to our country,how many of ur professors,phd holders/educated elite has invented or do sometin that tend to change the living standard of the people?

Unless we realised the important of our God's givn culture and stop copy copy from the white,the development in Nigeria/Africa is not certain.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by godello: 12:48pm On Apr 12, 2012
mkmyers45: mtsww..face front joor angry Cultural and Religion my foot
face reality.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by lobatan(m): 1:14pm On Apr 12, 2012
it is absurd why do we always copy the bad side of every culture and follow the pple wtout religion. why cant we jst uphold our culture and religious beliefs. are we not goin against the will of ALLAH who wants to be burned
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Nobody: 3:25pm On Apr 12, 2012
D sage: Evil Brain& Sagamite,you guys must be either stupid or lack reasoning.

The fact that,we've been colonized both physically and mentally by the white,shouldnt make you condemmed every aspect of your God's givn culture/tradition.If at all you dont know what African culture means,at least none of your grand fathers/mothers being cremated before.

And that is why we may never develop as a country cos most of you,as result of external influence, always thought that everytin alien were the best to subtitute our way of life&inheritance culture.You guys said someone was not educated/illiterate&that why he didnt realised the important of cremation etc.Hmmmm,i laff in chinese,although education is good&enlighten us in one way or other but belief me,it's causing more evil than good to African people.For instance,since the western education being introduced to our country,how many of ur professors,phd holders/educated elite has invented or do sometin that tend to change the living standard of the people?

Unless we realised the important of our God's givn culture and stop copy copy from the white,the development in Nigeria/Africa is not certain.
You for join boko haram na. Say education bad ni?
And cremation is one of the good part of western civilization. Your religious beliefs came from them. You can always go back to roaming and hunting for food with a loin cloth. That's your tradition for you. African tradition ko,primitive civilization ni.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 12, 2012
lobatan: it is absurd why do we always copy the bad side of every culture and follow the pple wtout religion. why cant we jst uphold our culture and religious beliefs. are we not goin against the will of ALLAH who wants to be burned
Haha, your religion came from them,the arabs. You are practicing their culture.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by hunri(m): 3:45pm On Apr 12, 2012
There is nothing wrong with cremating..... Keep all this cultural bullshit..
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Sagamite(m): 3:55pm On Apr 12, 2012
D sage: Evil Brain& Sagamite,you guys must be either stupid or lack reasoning.

You are a cretin!

Which culture/tradition did God give you?

You are a mooron!

So education is the reason why most people suffer?

What a proper, unadulterated person!

ALL OF YOU, when I tell you that I can spot a cretin from just one post, do you guys still doubt it?

I can spot a fooooooooooooool instantly.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Dsage1: 6:25pm On Apr 12, 2012
@silly Sagamite,who says education was bad?what i was saying is that,it would ve been better,if from its inception our education system is based on our traditional believes,science and technology.

And it's unfortunately today that everytin we were thought in our schools is absolutely liberal in nature.Sagamite(Igboh man), seriously you need to learn more about the important/impact of culture on both social&economic development of any civilized societies.Please,you can starts from China,Koreas,Indian,Russia,Germany,France etc.
So,whether Lagos or whatever legalise it or not,it would be very difficult for the Yoruba&Hausa people to burnt their dead.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 12, 2012
If it is you're wish to be cremated, and you write it in your will, @DSage (boko haram's newest recruit), you have every right to be cremated. Culture be damned!!
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Sagamite(m): 8:12pm On Apr 12, 2012
D sage: @silly Sagamite,who says education was bad?what i was saying is that,it would ve been better,if from its inception our education system is based on our traditional believes,science and technology.

And it's unfortunately today that everytin we were thought in our schools is absolutely liberal in nature.Sagamite(Igboh man), seriously you need to learn more about the important/impact of culture on both social&economic development of any civilized societies.Please,you can starts from China,Koreas,Indian,Russia,Germany,France etc.
So,whether Lagos or whatever legalise it or not,it would be very difficult for the Yoruba&Hausa people to burnt their dead.

What the fck is this person illiterate saying?

See the bullets he is spraying like Anini.

Cretin, what culture/tradition did God give us?

person, how is our tradition based on science and technology?

What kind of mooron is this ffs?
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Dsage1: 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2012
@sagamite,honestly you're not the kind of person i should be argue with.Cant u see d coma sign(,)separated d science&technology from d belif i wrote b4 it.What is wrong with you,why keep calln me illiterate&mooron because of telln the negative impact of western education on our people.Pls stop being silly,you little brat.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Sagamite(m): 9:55pm On Apr 12, 2012
D sage: @sagamite,honestly you're not the kind of person i should be argue with.Cant u see d coma sign(,)separated d science&technology from d belif i wrote b4 it.What is wrong with you,why keep calln me illiterate&mooron because of telln the negative impact of western education on our people.Pls stop being silly,you little brat.

You are a cretin!

You are not at the level to debate with me even if I was in a coma.

What culture/tradition did God give us?

How does the education provided hinder our science and technology?

person that sees everything as a conspiracy against his race. Keep on blaming all your failures in life including lack of good grammar on "them".

Cretin!
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 12, 2012
Sagamite:

You are a cretin!

You are not at the level to debate with me even if I was in a coma.

What culture/tradition did God give us?

How does the education provided hinder our science and technology?

person that sees everything as a conspiracy against his race. Keep on blaming all your failures in life including lack of good grammar on "them".

Cretin!

Cretin and person are the two words in your dictionary. This is what happens when freshies live in a next country for more than two years smh. You need to grow up, and stop talking down on people.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Sagamite(m): 10:04pm On Apr 12, 2012
shymmex:
Cretin and person are the two words in your dictionary. This is what happens when freshies live in a next country for more than two years smh. You need to grow up, and stop talking down on people.

Shut up cretinous person!

When your God speaks you do not blaspeme.

Fooooooool!
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 12, 2012
Sagamite:

Shut up cretinous person!

When your God speaks you do not blaspeme.

Fooooooool!

Loool! Delusional clown - you're not even on my level.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Sagamite(m): 10:16pm On Apr 12, 2012
shymmex:

Loool! Delusional clown - you're not even on my level.

Ehn! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Oya, oya, come! grin

Everyone here that knows Sagamite know how this would end.

You will be in an intellectual body bag.

If you like run, I am taking note of your name.

I will catch you on this NL and I WILL intellectually slaughter you very soon.

FOOOOL! That boast was an error!
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Nobody: 11:17pm On Apr 12, 2012
I wanna be cremated when I die.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Sagamite(m): 11:22pm On Apr 12, 2012
SimonAndal: I wanna be cremated when I die.

It is against our culture and traditions, so you should not be allowed. grin grin grin

Such is not compatible with African science and technology.

And these kind of fucktards have a right to vote!

Scary! grin
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Dsage1: 12:59am On Apr 13, 2012
@sagamite,ok i kno u ar lost,probably as a result of ur inability to understd dat sentence.Pls read again. THINGS COULD VE BEEN BETA,IF OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM/CURRICULUM AR BASED ON OUR TRADITIONAL VALUES. For instance,before d advent of Europeans,we had our own technologist,scientist,sculptors,enginers etc.All of wch were based on practicals,rather than a mere theories we all went to learned in d school of nowadays.

But pls&pls stop calln pple cretin,mooron,illiterate etc for expessng der views on a particular topic.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Sagamite(m): 1:15am On Apr 13, 2012
D sage: @sagamite,ok i kno u ar lost,probably as a result of ur inability to understd dat sentence.Pls read again. THINGS COULD VE BEEN BETA,IF OUR EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM/CURRICULUM AR BASED ON OUR TRADITIONAL VALUES. For instance,before d advent of Europeans,we had our own technologist,scientist,sculptors,enginers etc.All of wch were based on practicals,rather than a mere theories we all went to learned in d school of nowadays.

But pls&pls stop calln pple cretin,mooron,illiterate etc for expessng der views on a particular topic.

You are a bloody illiterate!

You need to shut up and stop chatting shyt!

What scientist, engineers and technologists?

That is as silly as a mechanic calling himself an Engineer.

That is as silly as a babalawo calling himself a Scientist.

What ever stewpid practicals you alluded to, IT WAS INFERIOR to the theory the Europeans had that you are condeming, hence why we got colonised.

NOTHING IS WRONG with any education system we are practicing. We just have moronic rulers that have destroyed lives like yours as our educational system have failed you. The money that was suppose to be used to teach you was looted. You have not developed mentally.

No wonder your likes come here and froth from the mouth because people want to start cremation.

And when we ask the basis of your objection, your moronic argument is: It is against the culture and tradition God gave us.

That is part of the low mentality, arguments and reasoning that is holding us back.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Dsage1: 11:26am On Apr 13, 2012
Sagamite,honestly u're a disgrace to d black race.If u dont kno somtin,u beta shut up&learn more.Nobody says western education is totally bad,i was jst tryn to let u kno d negative effect/impact it brought on our people.I'm an educationist,thinkn in d same way while in school some yrs back but when i took more research,particularly abt Africans in their primitive society,i discovered they'd everytin i stated in my previour comment.

Society is dynamic&not stagnant,actually our science&technology might be inferior then but due to d dynamic nature of d society,d tendency to improved is inevitable.
Imagin wat our black smiths,sculptors,enginers etc wud ve achieved by now,if d process was not interupted by western education.The Europeans u're clamouring today started from primitive stages&develop what they hav.

People like you wi say,they brought civilization etc,yes but if they did not,d society wud ve force itsef to developed because development is a process&d society wi sti progressing irrespective of d race,conditions and geographical location.

Pls try to make more research abt africans in their primitive stages/societies.I guess u must b a science student,and dats why i'm not supris abt ur post.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by ow11(m): 9:37am On Apr 17, 2012
D sage: Sagamite,honestly u're a disgrace to d black race.If u dont kno somtin,u beta shut up&learn more.Nobody says western education is totally bad,i was jst tryn to let u kno d negative effect/impact it brought on our people.I'm an educationist,thinkn in d same way while in school some yrs back but when i took more research,particularly abt Africans in their primitive society,i discovered they'd everytin i stated in my previour comment.

Society is dynamic&not stagnant,actually our science&technology might be inferior then but due to d dynamic nature of d society,d tendency to improved is inevitable.
Imagin wat our black smiths,sculptors,enginers etc wud ve achieved by now,if d process was not interupted by western education.The Europeans u're clamouring today started from primitive stages&develop what they hav.

People like you wi say,they brought civilization etc,yes but if they did not,d society wud ve force itsef to developed because development is a process&d society wi sti progressing irrespective of d race,conditions and geographical location.

Pls try to make more research abt africans in their primitive stages/societies.I guess u must b a science student,and dats why i'm not supris abt ur post.

You are not making any point!

Besides being alien to our culture which you have agreed is dynamic and thus prone to change, Why shouldn't unclaimed corpses be burnt and dispersed into the sea?

A question to guide your thought process: Did Africans keep corpses in refridgerators or stuffed them full of formalin before Burial Pre-1900s?
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Dsage1: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
ow11:

You are not making any point!

Besides being alien to our culture which you have agreed is dynamic and thus prone to change, Why shouldn't unclaimed corpses be burnt and dispersed into the sea?

A question to guide your thought process: Did Africans keep corpses in refridgerators or stuffed them full of formalin before Burial Pre-1900s?

No,because we dont normally keep/preserve our corpses for any reason.But if the needs to delayed the burial arised,there was a local substances then,placed on the dead body to preserves it for days before buried.If you dont believ,try to ask any educated elders around you or read more books abt Africans tradition.
Re: Lagos State To Legalize Voluntary Cremation Of Corpses by Sagamite(m): 11:53am On May 04, 2012
D sage: Sagamite,honestly u're a disgrace to d black race.If u dont kno somtin,u beta shut up&learn more.Nobody says western education is totally bad,i was jst tryn to let u kno d negative effect/impact it brought on our people.I'm an educationist,thinkn in d same way while in school some yrs back but when i took more research,particularly abt Africans in their primitive society,i discovered they'd everytin i stated in my previour comment.

You are a person!

You are an educationist and you type post in these textspeak format, poor grammatical construct and with so much mis-spelling?

You are a cretin!

No wonder our education system is churning out moorons like you.

What would our black smiths (sic), sculptors and enginers (sic) have achieved if not interupted (sic)? person educationist!

Bloody illiterate!

Nothing is wrong with the Western education we practice apart from the fact that, due to misgovernance, fucktards like you can turnaround and say you are an educationist in the system.

Pipeline Explosion At Ogolonto, Ikorodu(fire Fighters Needed Asap) / Police Recruits Lament Inhuman Condition At Enugu Police College / Biafra A Village In Portugal!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74