Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning (1610 Views)

Help Me! My Dell E6500 Is Malfunctioning. / My Dell Studio 1535 Battery Is Not Charging, Can Anyone Help Me? / How To Use The Sim Card Slot On My Laptop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 11, 2012
i went to repair my laptop at slot(abeokuta) on the 8th and was told to come back to collect the system on the 10th due to the easter fiesta,i was given my battery back,meaning i dropped just the system,i went to collect it yesterday and to my surprise the laptop didn't work until it was plugged into power,meanwhile the battery was full before it got spoilt.i got home,charged it to 70percent until they took the light and was using it,on getting to 59 percent while using it,it switched off,MY question is ,is it normal for it to malfunction because the battery wasn't in the system for days or is there another reason for this?i'm really bothered,pls help!!!
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2012
pls,i need comments nau
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by femi4: 7:19pm On Apr 11, 2012
Ok, To start with, check to be sure that it was your battery that was returned to you
2. Calibrate your battery I.e Charge it fully with battery power option in high performance and allow it to discharge itself fully
3. You can now check your battery status with "battery health check" Its a software that comes with your laptop. It ll tell you whether the bettery is OK, FAIR or advice you to REPLACE it
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by Mustay(m): 10:44pm On Apr 11, 2012
femi4: Ok, To start with, check to be sure that it was your battery that was returned to you
anted to say this too. Am surprised you dropped your battery there. Most repair centres give you your battery.

@OP 3 days of not recharging your battery isn't enough to kill your battery.
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 11:19pm On Apr 11, 2012
Mustay: anted to say this too. Am surprised you dropped your battery there. Most repair centres give you your battery.

@OP 3 days of not recharging your battery isn't enough to kill your battery.
i was given my battery back,it wasn't witheld,so it can't be that i was give a fake battery
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 11, 2012
femi4: Ok, To start with, check to be sure that it was your battery that was returned to you
2. Calibrate your battery I.e Charge it fully with battery power option in high performance and allow it to discharge itself fully
3. You can now check your battery status with "battery health check" Its a software that comes with your laptop. It ll tell you whether the bettery is OK, FAIR or advice you to REPLACE it
1))i did not drop my battery along with the system. 2)i've charged it fully tonight,by tomorrow i'll make it discharge fully.3)i'll also try the battery check software by tomorrow,anyway it goes,i'll feed you back,thanks for your help
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by Mustay(m): 12:28am On Apr 12, 2012
Temistatics 007: 1))i did not drop my battery along with the system.

Temistatics 007: i was given my battery back,it wasn't witheld,so it can't be that i was give a fake battery

This seems contradictory. It's not about fake. The stuff there is that with a lot of spare parts at a repair facility, there's a possibility of 'mixing stuffs up' depending on the standard and care at these places.
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by honeric01(m): 12:30pm On Apr 12, 2012
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 4:03pm On Apr 12, 2012
Mustay:

This seems contradictory. It's not about fake. The stuff there is that with a lot of spare parts at a repair facility, there's a possibility of 'mixing stuffs up' depending on the standard and care at these places.
what i'm trying to say is that i gave them the whole system,the accesories such as external bluetooth and battery was given back to me immediately,so i'm not sure of a mix up,i've charged the system,discharged it,and then charged it again,but it's still working for just an hour instead of the usual 3hrs
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by Mustay(m): 4:59pm On Apr 12, 2012
Ok. Now I get it. If you've tried the deal Femi4 posted and you still have issues, it appears your battery don 'kaput' but it still amazes me how within that short period of repair, it suddenly performs badly. Also, I'd suggest you inform Slot of this new development as this didn't occur prior to the repair.
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 5:19pm On Apr 12, 2012
Mustay: Ok. Now I get it. If you've tried the deal Femi4 posted and you still have issues, it appears your battery don 'kaput' but it still amazes me how within that short period of repair, it suddenly performs badly. Also, I'd suggest you inform Slot of this new development as this didn't occur prior to the repair.
From a thorough thinking,the only reasonable explanation is that maybe the screen replacement is the one affecting the battery performance,maybe the version of the new screen does not work hand-in-hand with my battery, i just don't know maybe its a reasonable explanation,what do you think,because the laptop is just 3 months and 10 days old,please?
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by Mustay(m): 6:10pm On Apr 12, 2012
Yep. That's the kinda thing am thinking of and that's why it's better to inform them of this before taking any further decisions since they were the 'stopover' before this new development. Too avoid being technical, it simply appears that something they've modified is not in sync with your laptop battery.
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 12, 2012
Mustay: Yep. That's the kinda thing am thinking of and that's why it's better to inform them of this before taking any further decisions since they were the 'stopover' before this new development. Too avoid being technical, it simply appears that something they've modified is not in sync with your laptop battery.
Exactly,i'll be contacting them now,thanks everyone for your help,i really appreciate your efforts,@mustay,i sent a friend request to you,stay blessed
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by deji2009(m): 7:10pm On Apr 13, 2012
Temistatics 007: what i'm trying to say is that i gave them the whole system,the accesories such as external bluetooth and battery was given back to me immediately,so i'm not sure of a mix up,i've charged the system,discharged it,and then charged it again,but it's still working for just an hour instead of the usual 3hrs

illustrate: If you, on a regular basis, fully charge your
battery and then use only 50% of its capacity before the next recharge,
eventually the battery will become unaware of its extra 50%
capacity which has remained unused. The battery will remain functional,
but only at 50% of its original capacity.
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 14, 2012
deji2009:

illustrate: If you, on a regular basis, fully charge your
battery and then use only 50% of its capacity before the next recharge,
eventually the battery will become unaware of its extra 50%
capacity which has remained unused. The battery will remain functional,
but only at 50% of its original capacity.

really,I'm so foNd of doiNg that,so what do you advice I do now,how can I re-regulate the battery to start fuNctioNing as normal as I was told the screeN I repaired can't affect †he battery performaNce. Thanks in advance.
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by mikron(m): 12:08pm On Apr 29, 2012
dude sorry to break your heart but the simple truth is that your battery is dead. mine happened like that. bought my HP pavilion dv7 on feb last year the battery died may that same year. do the maths and tell me how many months it lasted?
Re: Help!!!,my Laptop Battery Is Malfunctioning by Nobody: 11:24pm On Apr 29, 2012
mikron: dude sorry to break your heart but the simple truth is that your battery is dead. mine happened like that. bought my HP pavilion dv7 on feb last year the battery died may that same year. do the maths and tell me how many months it lasted?
it was purchased january 16th,started malfunctioning after screen replacement on april 1st.

(1) (Reply)

Why You Should Not Go For Windows 8 / My Laptop Makes A Strange Beeping Sound When I Turn It On, What Could Be Wrong / Cisco Nigeria Skype Study Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.