Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. (25067 Views)

5 Reasons Why Its More Dificult For Hot Chics To Settle Down With A Man. / When Girls Are Desperate To Get Married(pic) / Four Types Of Women A Nigerian Man Would Most Likely Settle Down With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by jaybee3(m): 11:23am On Apr 12, 2012
blank:

Do not fall for all these guy men that are not worth it!

Who/what is a guy man?
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by eyenCalabar(m): 11:30am On Apr 12, 2012
bros856: I guess nobody has written exactly what this lady will love to read. Its not easy for a lady to come out this open. A lot of people interpret it as she being desperate but i tell you guys no, she is not desperate but an honest person. So many men go begging women that are not willing to settle down peacefully in marriage and When they encounter an honest ready to stay house wife like this lady they disregard them and call it names. Well my dear lady send me a mail on umo.benson@yahoo.com. My Cousin want to settle down too, so i will recommend you to him. I have intorduce a lady like you before who came out open to me on same issue and today they are happily married in USA now.I like your courage, it shows you know what life is all about. I know you are there already. Problem shared is half solved.

For me  would only recommend her to a friend if she was still a virgin at that age but she is not and  don't know the number of guys that have done it on her that's why  decided to recommended her to a place in my last post so that she can just go and select any man of her choice.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by modavi: 11:36am On Apr 12, 2012
Times have changed and things have changed with time and that includes marriage. Nowadays,most men are scared of commitment;so do u wanna force urself on a guy? Or r u ready to pay ur dowry urself? Do u prefer marrying and remaining miserable for the rest of ur life? Do you wanna rush in and rush out? Dearie,u just have to take things the way they are and be patient ooh!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by omoharry(f): 11:37am On Apr 12, 2012
bennyraz: na wa o. Frontpage please!!! We have to manufacture husbands for this women o. Another thread again on desperation. @ Op, i will come back to advice on what to do
U are espected to contribute maturedly to this tread, and not the way you just did.Haba
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by mrkels(m): 11:40am On Apr 12, 2012
Poster mail me o, am looking for a wife jare.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by timjones1(m): 11:41am On Apr 12, 2012
Firstly,I admire ur courage.. Stepping up like dis or taking a bold step of this height is not an easy task.. Secondly,at 28 is not quite pretty for lady to still be turning tables in the name of searching for her priceless treasure.. But I must say dis.. Who said the normal age for a lady to marry is 25? Who talk dat one.. It's an extralarge nonesense.. Don't add more salt to ur wound my dear.. Be a nice lady,live ur nice life and behold ur unending happy married life sooner dan later.. From Tim Jones
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 11:47am On Apr 12, 2012
rokiatu: Damn another marriage thread, I am beginning to worry. What is happening to our young men?

You telling me they are all turning gay?
You may be a straight up girl but you know most 9ja babes like to put up this air of disinterest until the guy looks elsewhere then she starts wondering.
BTW, you know the economic situation.most guys (graduates o) are not doing well financially and so can't meet up with demands, so most of them move to the rich guy(who they know has a #1 serious babe)
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 12, 2012
tim_jones: Firstly,I admire ur courage.. Stepping up like dis or taking a bold step of this height is not an easy task.. Secondly,at 28 is not quite pretty for lady to still be turning tables in the name of searching for her priceless treasure.. But I must say dis.. Who said the normal age for a lady to marry is 25? Who talk dat one.. It's an extralarge nonesense.. Don't add more salt to ur wound my dear.. Be a nice lady,live ur nice life and behold ur unending happy married life sooner dan later.. From Tim Jones
Yes I agree with you. I have a cousin who said she must get married @ 25. Well, she did. The guy later moved abroad when she had a child and totally shunned her. After about five years, she sought a divorce and is now married to another guy.
So OP, don't just get married because of societal perceptions.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by kaykad: 11:56am On Apr 12, 2012
so sorry 4 ur pain but am also the d same shoes...finding it difficult to hook up the the girl of my dreams..all the ones i find are to materialistic..i dnt blame them...cos the country is in a mess. but i know for every ma there is a woman
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by amtheone(m): 11:57am On Apr 12, 2012
@Hairat

I don't believe completely in ur statement. Marriage is beautiful. The only moment one is looking for a way out is only when the storm is unbearable. BTW when are u getting married? LOL
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by dazzle37(f): 11:59am On Apr 12, 2012
eyenCalabar:

For me  would only recommend her to a friend if she was still a virgin at that age but she is not and  don't know the number of guys that have done it on her that's why  decided to recommended her to a place in my last post so that she can just go and select any man of her choice.

eyencalabar, Affo edi idad, uyom ke mkpo ofon ye eyen awan emi, nsi nam odgoho de enye aka nam akpara ke flour mill ?
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Killz1(m): 12:01pm On Apr 12, 2012
dazzle37:

eyencalabar, Affo edi idad, uyom ke mkpo ofon ye eyen awan emi, nsi nam odgoho de enye aka nam akpara ke flour mill ?
Ok, i'm lost!
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Cupidkc(m): 12:02pm On Apr 12, 2012
Plz dnt tk ds personal,bt hv to ask @OP :y wait til 28?
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by amtheone(m): 12:04pm On Apr 12, 2012
Amaka G29:
Don't you have goals for yourself? I believe in marriage and I know the pressure you are feeling is palpable, but men can sense desperation and it's a turn off. If you focus on being the best you for yourself, the husband will come. Focus on being well read, well dressed, and well traveled...really anything that makes a happier and better you. People who take care of themselves and are genuinely happy attract others are them. Focus also on building strong friendships and family ties. Creating good relationships with others will make you better at navigating romantic relationships. You never know who may know just the right person for you.

From a practical stand point, putting yourself in situations to meet quality, serious minded men without hunting for them could be fruitful. It won't be the club, but it may be the library, cafe, or friend's wedding. A smile and pleasant conversation goes a long way (even with a nice older woman who has a son.)

You have a whole life ahead of you to be married, have children, and be tied down. Why not explore the freedom you have while you have it?

Amaka I like this ur assertion but I dont think this lady will be able to follow through. So many ladies out there canot do this. I pray that she is nice and pick one soon.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by amtheone(m): 12:08pm On Apr 12, 2012
dafetta: I wud like us to get to knw our selves .my mail is dafetta4luv@yahoo.com

Dafetta how many ladies u wan marry, what about the other lady.

Lol
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Cupidkc(m): 12:13pm On Apr 12, 2012
careytommy:
Yes I agree with you. I have a cousin who said she must get married @ 25. Well, she did. The guy later moved abroad when she had a child and totally shunned her. After about five years, she sought a divorce and is now married to another guy.
So OP, don't just get married because of societal perceptions.

@28 I dnt tink d Op shld b concernd abt societal perceptions,wht shld b on she mind is medical inconsistencies dt is prone 2givin birth @30 n above.
Wel, wn it gts 2dt,beta consult a gud Gyna.
All d best OP.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 12, 2012
lucrecia: All my sisters have gotten married, and i am the only one left behind. Meanwhile the right time for a girl to settle down is 25yrs. My question is at my age can i still settle down? i'm desperate to settle down, but i am not in any serious relationship. what should i do?

Will you marry me? I'm okay financially, stay alone, have a good job, a big,strong, black cock(i know how to use it) and a nice car.. A girl is what is just missing and it could be you. Marry me and you won't be disappointed. smiley kiss

1 Like

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by maasoap(m): 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2012
odiaero:

Leading dumb post of the day, lets see if anyone will overtake you, recommending you brother to who you dont even know, you must be from Afganistan
I'm of the opinion that you've overtaken him already. Is this mean you can't propose to a girl you just meet for the first time and see if it'll go well? They will meet, introduce each other. And if they like each other at first sight, they will wait and see if the thing will work out, most especially, compatibility. Or are you telling us that you haven't witnessed or heard things like this before?
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by amtheone(m): 12:18pm On Apr 12, 2012
eyenCalabar: Visit Calabar asap and come to Flour Mill along Highway from 11pm. Real men are always there waiting for real women to fall in love. Stop wasting your life in a place where there are no men. Before you know you are old. Sorry baby!

@eyenCalabar

Eyen-eka abadie?
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by VEE2010(m): 12:21pm On Apr 12, 2012
You don't have to kill yourself with negative feelings over marriage. I believe, every human being has his/her appointed time for everything and beside just note that, it is possible for everyone to go to bed at the same time and it is not possible for everybody to sleep at the same time. In the mean time, I advise you to assess yourself, know your strengths and weakness. Start working on your weakness and use your strengths to compliment them. Do not shy away from places where you can meet reasonable and matured men. If you keep doing these things, I bet your right MAN would certainly locate you. Just assume, he's out there looking for you as well. I wish you all the best.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Apr 12, 2012
maasoap:
I'm of the opinion that you've overtaken him already. Is this mean you can't propose to a girl you just meet for the first time and see if it'll go well? They will meet, introduce each other. And if they like each other at first sight, they will wait and see if the thing will work out, most especially, compatibility. Or are you telling us that you haven't witnessed or heard things like this before?

Am sure you are the one it happened to, think b4 you write, not in Op condition
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by igosee: 12:35pm On Apr 12, 2012
buJu-234:
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by rokiatu(f): 16 hours & 35 minutes
Damn another marriage thread, I am beginning to worry. What is happening to our young men?

You telling me they are all turning gay?
[s][/s]

my dear; its jst cash that is holding many Nigerian matured men...

and also u ladies dont help matters too;

a friend got married to this lady who told him that she will manage with him; after 1yr..
the wife started:-
this house is too small
i can stay in this kind of area any more (sango-ota)
how can i b using 150k per mth for chop money abeg its too small
my mother needs some cash (HOW MUCH? 300k)
i need to change my wardrope;(BUT U JST DID 2mths ago?)

etc etc etc

meanwhile; my friend boss is planning to downsize because of the economy; come and see this bobo now;;; thinking wan kill d guy

so when single guys see people like this... o boy its better that that lady remain a single woman
in her father`s house than to come and give me High BP...
You have said it all
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by JUO(m): 12:43pm On Apr 12, 2012
Stop wasting your life in a place where there are no men. Before you know you are old. Sorry baby!
LOL
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by maasoap(m): 12:49pm On Apr 12, 2012
You're not young anymore at 28 but that doesn't mean you be desperate to fall for a man who is looking for woman/girl friend. All the ladies here who are saying that you still young are not being sincere with you. Ask them and you'll be shocked to discover that most of them married between 18 and 25. Just don't be materialistic because that might be your mistake that you haven't realised.
After having a good job, by 25, a lady should be thinking of settling down. The more independent a lady become (built a house, have a car, etc) the more guys become scare of getting into a seriously relationship with such a lady. The more a lady aged the more single guys become less interested in having serious relationship with such a lady. I don't know why! Ask lady bankers, they will tell you. It is not good enough to opt for being a single mother, even ga.y and les.bo nowadays are looking for companions.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by warrior01: 12:49pm On Apr 12, 2012
mtcheewwwwww!!!! @Op, the time wey ur two oranges dey kampe, you dey do shakara for all the nice guys out there, believing sugar daddies and other material things is the way but now that the boobies had been sucked dry, misused and has now fallen, you are now on nairaland begging the good guys whom you, the op, rejected to come and marry a quarter to go product. Anyway, the few remaining good ones are wiser now as they like it fresh, young and still standing (you know what i mean). Anyway, I like ur guts & am wishing you the very best of luck and in case if you don't mind, am ready to accomodate you as a mistress as half bread is better than none.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Apr 12, 2012
2buff: And another one. grin Karma is quite the b[i]i[/i]tch.
What were you doing since that you didn't find a correct man since your prime years (21-25)? And don't spit that BS about "there were no good men around" cuz that would just be a terrible lie. cheesy
After snobbing all the guys that said hello to you or asked you for directions, here you are now lonely and rapidly approaching menopause grin grin grin
You see yourself now? tongue

Ah 2Buff. That's mega mean!

@OP, hmm. We (I) would like to know exactly, what (you think) has made men elude you all this while. Please shed more light on it.
While you are at it, you might wanna answer these questions:

-Are you stuck up, proud, think that no one you've met is good enough for you?

-On a scale of 1-10, what would you rate yourself in terms of beauty?

-How educated are you? Do you have a university education?

-Is your spoken English repulsive?

-Do you appear neat or shabby?/Your demeanor in public?

-Does your religion come in your way of settling with certain people who have shown interest?

I'm just trying to find answers as to why a 28-year old is still celibate.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by ego011: 12:53pm On Apr 12, 2012
Age should not be the criteria for marriage.It should be emotional intelligence,a strong sense of responsibilty,confidence which translates been sure of yourself,the ability to be selfless(wat pple call maturity)and lastly some financial independence.

Ask yourself which are you bringing to the table at 28.How many nigerians who graduate at 25yrs really have achieved all this,how will you cater for and what will you teach your unborn children,(except you want them to go to public primary school)What will make this man respect you,and peradventure he leaves you for a younger chick at 40(happens a lot,always prepare for that) how will you fend for yourself.

If you have the answers at 28,pls go ahead and marry.If not,its wat I term "another divorce on the rocks"I suggest you prepare properly for marriage and not follow the crowd.

1 Like

Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by freshmoney(m): 1:01pm On Apr 12, 2012
lucrecia: All my sisters have gotten married, and i am the only one left behind. Meanwhile the right time for a girl to settle down is 25yrs. My question is at my age can i still settle down? i'm desperate to settle down, but i am not in any serious relationship. what should i do?

Tell me the truth. Are you looking for a man or an ALREADY MADE man to settle down with ?

Let me ask you something, do you select when choosing a man? If you do, then I pity you. I am 100% sure you don't look for jobless guy, you don't look for a low-life, you are only looking for a well dressed man with a house and some cars to get married to. You think they are on Nairaland too? They're all taken my friend. grin cheesy
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by maasoap(m): 1:02pm On Apr 12, 2012
odiaero:

Am sure you are the one it happened to, think b4 you write, not in Op condition
What makes @OP situation to be unique? What do you know about her that we don't know? Or better still, what condition can make someone be an intermediary between two people who think the next thing in their life is serious relationship and eventual marriage? If you need a related story, I'll be happy to tell you one.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 12, 2012
I feel U̶̲̥̅̊ Ūя̲̅ pain @op, & i sometimes fear FƠ̴̴̴̴͡я̲̅ U̶̲̥̅̊ ladies as regards dis issue. Its nt A̶̲̥̅ laffin mata. God D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥Ɣ sha.
Re: I'm 28 Desperate To Settle Down. by maasoap(m): 1:05pm On Apr 12, 2012
warrior01: mtcheewwwwww!!!! @Op, the time wey ur two oranges dey kampe, you dey do shakara for all the nice guys out there, believing sugar daddies and other material things is the way but now that the boobies had been sucked dry, misused and has now fallen, you are now on nairaland begging the good guys whom you, the op, rejected to come and marry a quarter to go product. Anyway, the few remaining good ones are wiser now as they like it fresh, young and still standing (you know what i mean). Anyway, I like ur guts & am wishing you the very best of luck and in case if you don't mind, am ready to accomodate you as a mistress as half bread is better than none.
Too harsh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What's The Most Expensive, Shocking Or Embarrassing Val Gift You Ever Received? / Nairaland Association Of Playboys [NAP] / She Left Her Boyfriend After I Sent Her These Hot Photos Of Mine. (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.