Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

"Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew (2016 Views)

$240 And $100 For Blessings By Matthew Ashimolowo / Stop Worrying About Tomorrow / Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo Speaks On T.b Joshua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew by Free(f): 4:52pm On Mar 26, 2006
what did jesus meant exactly when he said in matthew
"Do not worry about tomorrow let tomorrow worry about itself"

Did he meant something else about this because, how can one live today and not worry about tomorrow?
Re: "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew by TYPOP(m): 12:09am On Mar 28, 2006
He did not mean we should not plan ahead. He meant we should not worry. Thinking is different from worrying. Think don't worry.
Re: "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew by 4getme1(m): 10:35am On May 07, 2006
Right there, TYPOP.

The Bible shows indeed that worry and anxiety are counter productive to our lives; but it doesn't mean that we should not plan at all for the future. The issue is that some people plan anxiously (instead of planning confidently) - and therefore worry comes knocking. This is not a matter of placing our confidence or trust in ourselves, our resources or capabilities - that kind of attitude is decried in James 4:13-17.

Plan your life with confident trust in God, and don't be anxious about the uncertainties of tomorrow - for with God, the believer's tomorrow is blessed according to His will. That's one way to understand Matthew 6:34 - "Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof."
Re: "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew by lordimpaq(m): 10:49am On May 07, 2006
it all bores down to

trust and having faith
Re: "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew by 4getme1(m): 10:50am On May 07, 2006
Amen. smiley
Re: "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew by lordimpaq(m): 11:36am On May 07, 2006
@4get me

are u a pastor?
Re: "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew by 4getme1(m): 11:39am On May 07, 2006
lol. . . No, I'm not.
Re: "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew by lordimpaq(m): 11:48am On May 07, 2006
i like the way u analyse things,

i really don't know how to quote,

but i sure know a lot of things,
Re: "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew by 4getme1(m): 12:28pm On May 07, 2006
Well, I'm blushing now. All I can say is the praise to God alone.

I can guarantee you one thing: I don't know half of God's Word as you may suppose of me. undecided But by careful study and disciplined application in my daily walk, you find me as I am. . .lol.

Second thing is that God will bless your labour in His Word - who knows? - you might even surpass me and several others in a very short while (I'm not flattering you: I actually mean it!).

God can use any means according to His purpose, but the main thing (as you already know) is consistency in study and disciplined application. In my case, I was a bit lazy and w__d (!), until God used my wife to challenge me recently.

lordimpaq, I trust God with all my heart that you're a better teacher - if you blush now, someday God will show it. cheesy

Blessings.
Re: "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew by lordimpaq(m): 12:29pm On May 07, 2006
thanx, u are an inspiration
Re: "Do Not Worry About Tomorrow" - Matthew by babymine(f): 10:10am On May 08, 2006
We can plan for tomorrow but we ought not to worry about it.

(1) (Reply)

Where There Prophets/religions (monotheism) In Africa B4 Islam Or Christianity. / Idehn, Logicboy/macdaddy, Mkmyers45, Delafruita, Etc: An Answer For Yahweh / Funny Names Of Churches In Warri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.