Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:50 PM

What Inspires You To Write? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Inspires You To Write? (3544 Views)

Ab Zoe's Library '' What Inspires, Moltivates, Energise & Pushes Me To Achieve Results? / Words That Inspires You! / What Inspires/motivates You To Write? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Inspires You To Write? by brainchild78(m): 10:26pm On Apr 12, 2012
In every writer's soul there is a motivating factor that inspires them to write. What ignites your drive to write? share it here, I am really interested.
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by kunyeo(m): 10:31pm On Apr 13, 2012
The taste of my impending royalty at the end of the year.There was a particular time when i couldn't think of anything to write ,but when my publisher rang me to come up with a story and i knew the financial benefit,a story idea came up within an hour!
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by Nobody: 11:16pm On Apr 13, 2012
Caffein. It gets me hyper and my mind works extra faster and ideas come in quickly.
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by sirgeorge(m): 9:54pm On Apr 14, 2012
Reading good poetry and experiencing emotionally-charged situations

2 Likes

Re: What Inspires You To Write? by olaxxx2015(m): 11:17pm On Apr 14, 2012
kunyeo: The taste of my impending royalty at the end of the year.There was a particular time when i couldn't think of anything to write ,but when my publisher rang me to come up with a story and i knew the financial benefit,a story idea came up within an hour!

pls. can you asist in becoming a good writer? your response is highly needed. thanks
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by brainchild78(m): 7:59am On Apr 15, 2012
olaxxx2015:

pls. can you asist in becoming a good writer? your response is highly needed. thanks
the simple truth is that in this world we live in, we build upon the ideas of others. Hence, if it is your aim to become a better writer then read other material and try to emulate their style. In doing this you will discover your own unique writing style and thus become a better writer.
Cheers

3 Likes

Re: What Inspires You To Write? by firestar(f): 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2012
tongue
What inspires me to write?
I write just Because.
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by Patlia: 8:11am On Apr 17, 2012
can you asist in becoming a good writer? [img]http://www.keyforex.info/hmp.gif[/img]
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by sweetcocoa(f): 4:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
Whenever exams come, man must write na abi no be so? cheesy.
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by matrixme(m): 4:09pm On Apr 17, 2012
Reality of things in Africa will always force me to write articles for my blog. Check below :-)
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2012
My mistakes of yesterday, my dealings of today, and my hopes for tomorrow.
I throw them all into my writing.
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by xage(m): 4:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
Grieve

I wrote my best poems while i was sad.

Then happenings around me..For instance I wrote this today

1 Like

Re: What Inspires You To Write? by ceejayluv(m): 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2012
Sitting alone by a river bank, beach, open field or a very high platform where i can get see d skyline of a city. My poetic instincts come rushing. (especially when some kpoli's involved)
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by oomen(m): 5:04pm On Apr 17, 2012
Solitude,dreams,moments of heart break from failed love relationships.It's also proven one's best creative ability emerges when under the influence of a substance.
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by tochukwuog(m): 5:06pm On Apr 17, 2012
Th fact that one day i will reap the fruits of my labour.
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by Emylexray(m): 5:15pm On Apr 17, 2012
Reminiscence, admiration of the beautiful and captivating works of nature, insatiable appetite for success all ignite the literary drive in me. I just put them in black and white!
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by Emylexray(m): 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2012
oomen: Solitude,dreams,moments of heart break from failed love relationships.It's also proven one's best creative ability emerges when under the influence of a substance.
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by Emylexray(m): 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2012
oomen: Solitude,dreams,moments of heart break from failed love relationships.It's also proven one's best creative ability emerges when under the influence of a substance.
i concur.
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by Aladinn(m): 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
streetlife inspires me to write.
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by stokolie(m): 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2012
john grisham anytime i read tha guy piece i cant wait to write.

1 Like

Re: What Inspires You To Write? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2012
For me, emotions.....

For some......weed!

Re: What Inspires You To Write? by KINGwax(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
Loneliness. Yes. I love to close my eyes when lonely and day dream. My heart races faster like that wit d time running faster. I alwys see myself in a particular realm. And a dimly lit room helps too. That's how i get ideas. But when i rise to write, i almost never stop!
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by DExplorer1: 8:10pm On Apr 17, 2012
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by Tiana155(f): 9:10pm On Apr 17, 2012
Music; countryside music.
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by megareal: 9:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
Gloom. Im melancholic and everytime I plunge into that sorrow filled world, I write like c*r*a*z*y.

1 Like

Re: What Inspires You To Write? by PeeBee: 10:43pm On Apr 17, 2012
Happenings around me, especially somewhat unusual things. Good literary works as well.
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by 2pmstcharles(m): 12:14am On Apr 18, 2012
everyting about life.. The truth is that i'v finish one novel n am wrien the 7th grin
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by safarigirl(f): 2:14am On Apr 18, 2012
Reading the materials of other renowned authors, Sidney Sheldon is partucularly highly-inspirational, when you read his books you see his passion and rare attention to detail.

I've written over twenty books, some have gotten stolen along the line, haven't published any because my materials aren't age appropriate (i'm too young to write such) though I plan to find Ǟ publisher by next year.
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by safarigirl(f): 2:15am On Apr 18, 2012
Reading the materials of other renowned authors, Sidney Sheldon is partucularly highly-inspirational, when you read his books you see his passion and rare attention to detail.

Boredom and insomnia,imagination gets me to sleep

I've written over twenty books, some have gotten stolen along the line, haven't published any because my materials aren't age appropriate (i'm too young to write such) though I plan to find Ǟ publisher by next year.
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by MRMICKMEN: 4:22am On Apr 18, 2012
Broken Heart And Alcohol triggers my writing sense and later i will be like wow how was i able to write this,it marvels me and today i have i hard cover filled with write ups i don't know how to turn to money.Anybody that have a glimpse will always pick up a line or two.Some use them for rap songs and others.that's me
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by uncletbuddy(m): 7:35am On Apr 18, 2012
For me its the desire to keep myself busy and make an impact
Re: What Inspires You To Write? by Ishilove: 7:44am On Apr 18, 2012
sir george: Reading good poetry and experiencing emotionally-charged situations
And loneliness. . . Melancholia,solitude and loneliness make me reach out for the nearest pen and paper and pour my heart out

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Yewande1234 / I Am A Writer Looking For A Good Publisher To Establish A Contract With. / AGENT BRYNX - An Action/comedy Thriller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.