Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Stop Arguing With Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Stop Arguing With Atheists (3356 Views)

Please, Stop Arguing About Chris Okotie And The Catholic Church / Please, Stop Arguing About Chris Okotie And The Catholic Church / The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Arguing With Atheists by Sweetlemon(f): 4:32pm On Apr 13, 2012
Fellow christian brothers and sisters. I have noticed the way people try to argue with atheists when they are in they start their debates. I advice that we should learn not to argue with them, if you want to say anything at all, it should only be brief and only when it is necessary. These people are so hardened that it is only God himself that can reveal himself to them so don't bother wasting your time! (Funny enough, it is such people God delights in manifesting himself to) just pray for such people whenever you encounter them.
cheers!
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by buzugee(m): 4:44pm On Apr 13, 2012
YEAH LIKE LOGICBOY AND LOGIC MIND. TWEEDLEDEE AND TWEEDLEDUM
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 4:51pm On Apr 13, 2012
buzugee: YEAH LIKE LOGICBOY AND LOGIC MIND. TWEEDLEDEE AND TWEEDLEDUM

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Awww Buzugee, are you tired of being intellectually hammered and destroyed by the atheists' arguments?

Are you not worthy enough to defend your faith?
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 4:53pm On Apr 13, 2012
Sweetlemon: Fellow christian brothers and sisters. I have noticed the way people try to argue with atheists when they are in they start their debates. I advice that we should learn not to argue with them, if you want to say anything at all, it should only be brief and only when it is necessary. These people are so hardened that it is only God himself that can reveal himself to them so don't bother wasting your time! (Funny enough, it is such people God delights in manifesting himself to) just pray for such people whenever you encounter them.
cheers!

Is this what it has come to? Avoiding debate because you can not defend your religion/faith?
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by harakiri(m): 5:22pm On Apr 13, 2012
Sweetlemon: Fellow christian brothers and sisters. I have noticed the way people try to argue with atheists when they are in they start their debates. I advice that we should learn not to argue with them, if you want to say anything at all, it should only be brief and only when it is necessary. These people are so hardened that it is only God himself that can reveal himself to them so don't bother wasting your time! (Funny enough, it is such people God delights in manifesting himself to) just pray for such people whenever you encounter them.
cheers!

For starters, it's always the theists that take it upon themselves to attack Atheists. Check out most of the Atheist based threads in this section. . .THEY ARE ALL STARTED BY THEISTS (mostly Christians). When Atheists respond back, they say we are attacking them but you people are the ones that keep starting what you can't possibly finish.

Furthermore, you obviously have no inkling what Atheism means. If you did, you wouldn't make such careless statements e.g referring to us as being "hardened". If you ask me, you people are the ones who harden your brains when questions that require simple common sense are asked e.g

(1)Who did Cain marry? Who were the mysterious people in the land of Nod that aren't identified in the bible?

(2)How did Noah succeed in putting every living thing on earth in an ark that is not even up to half the length of a football field? What did the lions feed on since the bible clearly states that it was a pair of each animal that was put in the ark. If you have a pair of goats and a pair of lions, and the lions feed on the goats, what will be left? What did the pythons feed on? What did the crocodiles feed on?

(3)Can you show any concrete proof that a human being can live in the belly of a fish/whale without getting crushed upon entry, stay alive for three whole days without oxygen,food or water plus without getting digested due to the enzymes in it's stomach?

(4)Can you show any concrete proof that the vocal cord of a donkey can produce speech sounds? The bible clearly states that a Balaam's donkey spoke.

(5)How did the builders of the tower of Babel survive without oxygen? The bible clearly says they built a structure that reached the heavens (that should be taller than Mount Everest and you need oxygen tanks at such heights).

(6)Can you show any concrete proof that the sun (which is a star of burning gases) can be talked to? The bible clearly says a man "spoke" to the sun to "stand still" and it "listened".

(7)Can you show concrete proof that a man can part an ocean with his bare hands? The bible clearly says Moses parted the red sea.

(coolCan you show concrete proof that a virgin can get pregnant without $exual intercourse? If someone told you such a story today, would you believe it? Even with all your so called "faith and belief" in "God", would you believe such nonsense?

(9)The bible clearly states that his word can never be changed. If that is true, why are there so many contradictions and inconsistencies in the bible? Why is the mantra of the old testament different from that of the new testament? Why does he say "thou shall not kill" and yet, he commands "his people" to go to foriegn lands to slay,burn and plunder their cities to the ground?

(10)What is the definition of a Christian? Last time i checked, a Christian is a follower of the biblical character called JESUS CHRIST. If that is true, do the so called "men of god" today conform to his teachings? From the book of Matthew to Revelation, can you quote ONE verse where Jesus asked the congregation to bring forth their tithes and offerings after preaching to them? Quote just ONE! ! ! But today, they will revert to Malachi 3:10 forgetting that they are the same people who say Jesus came,died and all things of old are passed away. If that is true, why do they collect tithes and offerings? How many times did Abraham pay tithe? Just ONCE! And he paid it to Melchizedek with the loot (stolen and confisticated properties) from a raid in a neighboring land. So in order words, Abraham paid bribe or "egunje".How about Isaac? How about Jacob? You people claim to be Christians but what you do is totally different from what your bible says. According to the biblical story, Jesus went to the temple and turned the place upside down in fury and rage saying "My father's house shall not be a place of commerce". Go to most churches today and you'll see the same thing there e.g Traders selling "Christian books",CD's,Tapes and other literature (most of which is the pastor's merchandise). This is the very thing Jesus kicked against. How many of you so called Christians can emulate what Christ did? Can any of you walk into any church and scatter the place like Jesus did? You already know that would be your express road to Kirikiri maximum prisons. Funny enough, the likes of Paul,Silas and Stephen were willing to give up their lives and freedom to prove themselves as true followers of Christ. How many of you hypocrites and bigots can give up your comfortable lives for the sake of Christianity? Most of you run helter skelter the moment a little financial crisis hits you and you'll spend several night vigils praying fervently like tortured demented souls. Hypocrites!

And you have the guts to come here and open a dumb thread. Believe it or not, a lot of us Atheists are more well versed in the bible than your religiously illiterate Pastors.

Nonsense! ! !

3 Likes

Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by BLECINS(f): 5:31pm On Apr 13, 2012
Do you know that it is a sin to argue with an Atheist? Read 2 John 1: 7- 11. The best you can do for an atheist is just to point him or her to Christ. God cannot be explained or articulated, He reveals Himself by Himself.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by harakiri(m): 5:37pm On Apr 13, 2012
BLECINS: Do you know that it is a sin to argue with an Atheist? Read 2 John 1: 7- 11. The best you can do for an atheist is just to point him or her to Christ. God cannot be explained or articulated, He reveals Himself by Himself.

...and yet, you people will claim you "know God". How can you know him and yet in the same vein, you say "God cannot be explained or articulated"? See how dumb that sounds?
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by harakiri(m): 5:41pm On Apr 13, 2012
BLECINS: Do you know that it is a sin to argue with an Atheist? Read 2 John 1: 7- 11. The best you can do for an atheist is just to point him or her to Christ. God cannot be explained or articulated, He reveals Himself by Himself.

That passage of the bible refers to people who aren't Christians and neither do they believe in the biblical god and as such, it's not just Atheists. It's also castigating Moslems,Buddhists, Taoists and host of other numerous religions but somehow, the "Atheist" seems to be the scapegoat and i wonder why.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by BLECINS(f): 5:44pm On Apr 13, 2012
harakiri:

...and yet, you people will claim you "know God". How can you know him and yet in the same vein, you say "God cannot be explained or articulated"? See how dumb that sounds?

No individual can explain God to another individual. If you want to know God search the scripture. May God open the eyes of your understanding.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by buzugee(m): 5:47pm On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Awww Buzugee, are you tired of being intellectually hammered and destroyed by the atheists' arguments?

Are you not worthy enough to defend your faith?
Nah chief its simply because PROVERBS 26 VS 4 Don't answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are.

PSALMS 14 VS 1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God. wink grin grin logicamigos
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Jenwitemi(m): 5:50pm On Apr 13, 2012
Oh?! So you are now telling people what to do on a forum? You are trying to dictate to them when to discuss and with whom and on what issues? Are you for real? Do you think that this place is your church or fellowship meeting place?
cheers!
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by harakiri(m): 5:51pm On Apr 13, 2012
BLECINS:

No individual can explain God to another individual. If you want to know God search the scripture. May God open the eyes of your understanding.

Can you quote ONE verse in the bible where your bold statement is written? Where in the bible is it written that "No individual can explain God to another individual"? Can you see what religious brainwashing does to people? Where in the bible is it written? The bible clearly frowns on it's misrepresentation and that is exactly what you have just done. Perhaps you should just write your own bible and affix whatever history you want to put in there.

Furthermore, if you had actually read my previous lengthy post, it would have sank into your skull that i do read the bible and i am very very very well versed in it.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Jenwitemi(m): 5:53pm On Apr 13, 2012
You won't find God in the scriptures, either. A living God does not exist on dead scripture pages.
BLECINS:

Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by harakiri(m): 5:54pm On Apr 13, 2012
Jenwitemi: You won't find God in the scriptures, either. A living God does not exist on dead scripture pages.

Buhuhuhahahahaha grin grin wink

Nice one!
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Goshen360(m): 5:58pm On Apr 13, 2012
cheers!

God bless you.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by BABE3: 6:05pm On Apr 13, 2012
Abi?

... and in the process of defending their religion and trying to win the argument(s), they start hurling insults.

Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2012
Goshen360:

God bless you.

Even you too? You have succumbed to the intellectual bashing that atheists have given you?
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Goshen360(m): 6:10pm On Apr 13, 2012
^^^
Sharraaap there,lol grin grin grin. I believe in God and all i said in my latter post was, when you don't believe in God, don't blame our God for everything that happens and don't say because evil happened, God was not powerful or exist. I can ask you a kweshion that Atheist had not being able to answer, if you can answer, i will convert to Atheist, ok
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 6:14pm On Apr 13, 2012
Goshen360: ^^^
Sharraaap there,lol grin grin grin. I believe in God and all i said in my latter post was, when you don't believe in God, don't blame our God for everything that happens and don't say because evil happened, God was not powerful or exist. I can ask you a kweshion that Atheist had not being able to answer, if you can answer, i will convert to Atheist, ok

There are many questions that I can not answer. Nice try.

What I can say with 100% certainty is that the bible is rubbish
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2012
buzugee: Nah chief its simply because PROVERBS 26 VS 4 Don't answer the foolish arguments of fools, or you will become as foolish as they are.

PSALMS 14 VS 1 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God. wink grin grin logicamigos

What, so anyone that doesnt believe in God is a fool? Thanks your and your failed bible have just called 64% of Japan idiots and a lot of chinese people as well.

Considering how useless your country is compared to these two ountries (not to mention secular European countries), you are the fool
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Goshen360(m): 6:21pm On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy:

[size=15pt]There are many questions that I can not answer. Nice try.[/size]

LOL. I THOUGHT YOUR INTELLECT CAN EXPLAIN EVERYTHING, grin grin grin grin grin in Spanish,lol

logicboy:
What I can say with 100% certainty is that the bible is rubbish

You are a young Atheist, I suppose. I have asked these few questions and none seems to be able to answer. You say bible is rubbish? I don't wanna engage you in unfruitful argument but you can say this with 100% certainty BUT CANNOT ANSWER JUST FEW OF MY QUESTIONS WITH 100% CERTAINTY. Rubbbbbbissssshhhhhhhhh.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by harakiri(m): 6:24pm On Apr 13, 2012
Goshen360:

LOL. I THOUGHT YOUR INTELLECT CAN EXPLAIN EVERYTHING, grin grin grin grin grin in Spanish,lol

You are a young Atheist, I suppose. I have asked these few questions and none seems to be able to answer. You say bible is rubbish? I don't wanna engage you in unfruitful argument but you can say this with 100% certainty BUT CANNOT ANSWER JUST FEW OF MY QUESTIONS WITH 100% CERTAINTY. Rubbbbbbissssshhhhhhhhh.

Why don't you drop these "few" mysterious questions of yours and quit beating about the bush. It's boring.

And YES! He is right. The bible is nothing but total absolute RUBBISH! ! ! And you CAN'T prove otherwise coz you don't know any better than all you have been spoon fed with from childhood. Period!
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by buzugee(m): 6:30pm On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy:

What, so anyone that doesnt believe in God is a fool? Thanks your and your failed bible have just called 64% of Japan idiots and a lot of chinese people as well.

Considering how useless your country is compared to these two ountries (not to mention secular European countries), you are the fool
What is important to man (how japan and china looks ) is foolishness to the lord. LUKE 16 VS 15 What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by LogicMind: 6:32pm On Apr 13, 2012
it is the trademark of soldiers of christ to take to their heels when confronted with serious issues.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Goshen360(m): 6:38pm On Apr 13, 2012
harakiri:

Why don't you drop these "few" mysterious questions of yours and quit beating about the bush. It's boring.

And YES! He is right. The bible is nothing but total absolute RUBBISH! ! ! And you CAN'T prove otherwise coz you don't know any better than all you have been spoon fed with from childhood. Period!

Here are few amongst many, to start with:

Where is your imagination and conscience located?
What is it that makes a bird fly and you as a man cannot fly and yet you are greater than a bird?
Why cant you fly like a bird?
You as an Atheist, Do you believe in the Invisible and Visible?

Start from there, I will assess your level of Atheism and give you more. Waiting.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 6:38pm On Apr 13, 2012
buzugee: What is important to man (how japan and china looks ) is foolishness to the lord. LUKE 16 VS 15 What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight.

What is highly valued among men is detestable in God's sight

Then why did God accept Abel's finest sheep and reject Cains average crops?
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by buzugee(m): 6:41pm On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy:

because blood is required to make peace with the lord LEVITICUS 17 VS 11 because blood contains life. I have given this blood to you to make peace with me on the altar. Blood is needed to make peace with me
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 6:43pm On Apr 13, 2012
Goshen360:

Here are few amongst many, to start with:

Where is your imagination and conscience located?
What is it that makes a bird fly and you as a man cannot fly and yet you are greater than a bird?
Why cant you fly like a bird?
You as an Atheist, Do you believe in the Invisible and Visible?

Start from there, I will assess your level of Atheism and give you more. Waiting.

-Where is your imagination and conscience located? I am not a scientist but I will say that your imagination and conscience are controlled by your brain. Imagine or think too much and you get a headache

-What is it that makes a bird fly and you as a man cannot fly and yet you are greater than a bird? Biology? They have wings? BTW I can fly on aeroplanes grin

-You as an Atheist, Do you believe in the Invisible and Visible? Yes, sound is invisible to my naked eye. However, I dont believe in spirits
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Goshen360(m): 6:45pm On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy:

That's why we are told not to argue with you. Because you don't even know the bible. Rather, you should ask for answers instead of rubbish God. I don't have problem with you if you don't believe in God but don't just rubbish our God that we believe in, okay.

God accepting Abel's sacrifice is a type and shadow of God accepting the sacrifice of His son Jesus, just like your own shadow is your type. God declares the end from the beginning. At this beginning, in Genesis, God was showing a picture of what is to come. If you ask kweshion, we will honour your kweshion honourably and you don't expect us to honour you when you rubbish our God. Okay.
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 6:46pm On Apr 13, 2012
buzugee: because blood is required to make peace with the lord LEVITICUS 17 VS 11 because blood contains life. I have given this blood to you to make peace with me on the altar. Blood is needed to make peace with me

You can't see the contradiction mixed with circular logic? Don't worry, "logic" is not in your username grin!

When did Yaweh turn to a vampire? What did he need blood for? An omnipotent being needing human blood?
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by Goshen360(m): 6:49pm On Apr 13, 2012
logicboy:

-Where is your imagination and conscience located? I am not a scientist but I will say that [s]your imagination and conscience are controlled by your brain.[/s] Imagine or think too much and you get a headache [size=15pt]X[/size]

-What is it that makes a bird fly and you as a man cannot fly and yet you are greater than a bird? Biology? They have wings? BTW I can fly on aeroplanes grin [size=15pt]X[/size]

-You as an Atheist, Do you believe in the Invisible and Visible? Yes, sound is invisible to my naked eye.[s][/s] However, I dont believe in spirits
[size=15pt]X[/size]

YOU SEE YOUR SCORES?

besides, le'me wait for them your boss,lol grin grin grin
Re: Stop Arguing With Atheists by logicboy: 6:50pm On Apr 13, 2012
Goshen360:

That's why we are told not to argue with you. Because you don't even know the bible. Rather, you should ask for answers instead of rubbish God. I don't have problem with you if you don't believe in God but don't just rubbish our God that we believe in, okay.

God accepting Abel's sacrifice is a type and shadow of God accepting the sacrifice of His son Jesus, just like your own shadow is your type. God declares the end from the beginning. At this beginning, in Genesis, God was showing a picture of what is to come. If you ask kweshion, we will honour your kweshion honourably and you don't expect us to honour you when you rubbish our God. Okay.

Shadow ke? My shadow is not my type...my shadow varies depending on my hieght and whether I am standing or crouching grin grin

On a serious not, when did God become a vampire that needs blood? And even so, why would God sacrifice himself (Jesus) when he cannot die? It's like taking a poison and an antidote- no effect

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Best Analogy For The Dogmatic Hold Of Religion On Some People's Reasoning / Anxiety Disorder Or Juju?? / Travis Greeneā€™s Testimony, Read How Jesus Brought Him Back To Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.