Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 AM

Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers (47002 Views)

Poll: What is your opinion of tithe preachers.

They genuinely believe it is required: 13% (35 votes)
They know it is not relevant to christianity but they still preach it for money: 21% (55 votes)
They are preaching the gospel truth: 28% (73 votes)
They are genuinely ignorant of the truth about biblical tithes.: 9% (25 votes)
They are just business men trying to make a dis honest living.: 27% (71 votes)
This poll has ended

If A Thieve Steals The Money I Had Packaged For Tithe, Do I Still Pay Tithe From / A Question For Tithe Payers / A Question For Tithe Payers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 8:51am On Apr 21, 2012
Pastor Kun: @Image123

However whilst you are still in the kweshion answering mood, could you briefly answer the additional kweshions:

1. Is it morally right for modern day preachers to twist God's word to include monetary tithes when biblical tithes demanded by God (from the Jews) was strictly agricultural produce.

2. We all know that mandatory tithing was based on obsolete mosaic laws which are not applicable to christians living under grace, is it right for preachers to be preaching this aspect of the law even though the law is now no longer valid?

I would refrain from asking further kweshions for now, I trust that brother Goshen wld give a detailed rebuttal of your hallucinations when he wakes up.

Apostle Image123 I am still waiting for you to address the two kweshions above.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 2:14pm On Apr 21, 2012
Okay, G'morning everyone,

In other not to go into endless argument which i won't like this thread to end with, I have seen and perceive where Apostle (Ordained by nuclearboy and confirmed by Goshen360, grin) Image123 is going with his support for tithe teaching.

I will ask Apostle Image123 SOME FEW DIRECT questions AND I WANT HIM TO GIVE ALL OF US HERE AND THE WHOLE WORLD DIRECT ANSWERS. These questions will teach and as well clear all these talk and long arguments and the whole truth/lies exposed.

@ Image123, (Sorry, Apostle Image123, we have Pastor Kunle so we should have Apostle Image123 right? Glory to God)

I HAVE FEW DIRECT QUESTIONS THAT WILL BE ASKED, NOT FROM THE MAIN QUESTIONS OF THIS THREAD BUT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE SAID BY YOURSELF IN RESPONDING TO THE QUESTIONS OF THIS THREAD. ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AND EVERYTHING WILL BE PLAIN AS ABC.

APOSTLE SIR, ARE YOU READY?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 2:17pm On Apr 21, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Apostle Image123 I am still waiting for you to address the two kweshions above.

Pastor Kunle,

Never mind about your questions above, a similar question will be asked and let everyone watch out. I will ask Apostle Image123 these questions one after the other. Okay. Just relax and watch. grin
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:32pm On Apr 21, 2012
Pastor Kun:

Bros why don't you attempt to answer the kweshions yourself instead of encouraging Image to continue ridicling himself and twisting the very word of God he claims to serve.
image123 is doing a good job answering your kweshuns. Did Christ also abolish the weightier matters of the Law?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 3:40pm On Apr 21, 2012
^
You might as well wish to answer the questions i intend to ask Apostle Image123 sir. Can I ask you some direct questions sir?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:46pm On Apr 21, 2012
Goshen360: ^
You might as well wish to answer the questions i intend to ask Apostle Image123 sir. Can I ask you some direct questions sir?
Is your kweshun one of the doctrines of Christ? If not you can answer them yourself.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:06pm On Apr 21, 2012
^
Yes, my QUESTIONS ARE ALL BIBLE BASED AND DOCTRINES OF CHRIST sir. Can you answer them sir? Am going to ask one after the other though. They are direct question and we need direct answers. Are you interested sir?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 4:10pm On Apr 21, 2012
nuclearboy: @Image123:

Seems what you are projecting is an emotional argument - "they are doing the work of God so let's feel sorry for them and help them by giving" when you say "churches still have to be run" and "there's nothing wrong with giving stipulated giving"

Point is, are we supposed to run our lives on the basis of emotions! We see professional beggars (who have no injury but refuse to work even when offered jobs to do) and give them because it makes us feel good - "God saw me give that beggar and will reward me"! Na so? Is that right?

Goshen deliberately made his points using the Bible and so did Jem1 - WITH concise applicable examples we all can relate to just as Jesus Himself used! Yet here is your rebuttal summarized - "Churches still have to be run (so bring money in anyhow)".

Would you then be offended if someone says it seems as if you know this truth but prefer denial?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 4:21pm On Apr 21, 2012
i don't say it's right or wrong to run our lives based on emotions. They say emotion is stronger than reasoning. i'll say God gave us emotions. Emotion is a part of us, as well as intellect. Love is emotion, no? If God was driven by love to give the world His Son, if Jesus was driven by love to the cross. i see nothing wrong with making 'emotional' decisions. The whole of God's law is 'run by love, an emotion'. But my point on churches still been operated was a reply on levitical priesthood/system ending. The purpose of tithing remains the same, to consistently take care of God's full time workers. It's not exactly a sorry feeling, tithe is not alms.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:30pm On Apr 21, 2012
@ Apostle Image123, You seems to be ignoring this sir.

Goshen360: Okay, G'morning everyone,

In other not to go into endless argument which i won't like this thread to end with, I have seen and perceive where Apostle (Ordained by nuclearboy and confirmed by Goshen360, grin) Image123 is going with his support for tithe teaching.

I will ask Apostle Image123 SOME FEW DIRECT questions AND I WANT HIM TO GIVE ALL OF US HERE AND THE WHOLE WORLD DIRECT ANSWERS. These questions will teach and as well clear all these talk and long arguments and the whole truth/lies exposed.

@ Image123, (Sorry, Apostle Image123, we have Pastor Kunle so we should have Apostle Image123 right? Glory to God)

I HAVE FEW DIRECT QUESTIONS THAT WILL BE ASKED, NOT FROM THE MAIN QUESTIONS OF THIS THREAD BUT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE SAID BY YOURSELF IN RESPONDING TO THE QUESTIONS OF THIS THREAD. ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS AND EVERYTHING WILL BE PLAIN AS ABC.

APOSTLE SIR, ARE YOU READY?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 4:33pm On Apr 21, 2012
Would be fair we settled this first question first. I put Jem1 on hold as well. i also like setting questions and conducting exams o, don't put me in the mode
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:41pm On Apr 21, 2012
Yes, my QUESTIONS ARE ALL BIBLE BASED AND DOCTRINES OF CHRIST sir. Can you answer them sir? Am going to ask one after the other though. They are direct question and we need direct answers. Are you interested sir?
My answering your kweshuns depend on where you stand on the deity of Christ, verbal inerrancy of the Scriptures and biblical creation.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:42pm On Apr 21, 2012
@ Apostle Image123,

No. If we continue like this, we "might" have endless argument. These direct questions will be culled from what you have said already. You have said it all and "might" not need to say more than what you already said. So now, what have seen your teachings already. Now, let me ask you these questions from ALL what you have said. It will make us go straight to the point instead of all these long stories.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 4:46pm On Apr 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
My answering your kweshuns depend on where you stand on the deity of Christ, verbal inerrancy of the Scriptures and biblical creation.

Okay sir, ask me questions about the deity of Christ and I will answer you sir. However, I believe in the pre-existence of Christ in the beginning before the beginning of Genesis 1. I also believe in the eternity of God and Christ, without beginning and without ending.

So, will you answer my questions now? or you want to keep dribbling me/us,lol grin
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:15pm On Apr 21, 2012
Goshen360:

Okay sir, ask me questions about the deity of Christ and I will answer you sir. However, I believe in the pre-existence of Christ in the beginning before the beginning of Genesis 1. I also believe in the eternity of God and Christ, without beginning and without ending.
You only attempted to answer the first kweshun, leaving out #2 and #3.

Goshen360:
So, will you answer my questions now? or you want to keep dribbling me/us,lol grin
I wish I had the skills of Maradona but I don't. Your hero pastorkuns qualifies as the Maradona here because he doesn't believe that Jesus Christ is God the Creator of heaven and earth, neither does he believe in the inerrancy of Scripture, do you?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by nuclearboy(m): 5:41pm On Apr 21, 2012
@Image123:

Thanks for your answer! I would have liked to revert with a rebuttal but I think Goshen360 has this very well covered and I will leave it to him so there is less space for manipulations and long-winded posturing.

What would be nice is if you (and like minds) would just answer his questions directly without the delay, dribbling and manipulative tactics!

All questions asked of Christ were answered WITHOUT ambiguity! it would be nice if we would actually follow THAT example!
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 5:42pm On Apr 21, 2012
@ Olaadegbu,

I believe Jesus is God and distinct from the God, the Father.

Leave Kunle out of this. Face me,lol. grin Kunle is NOT my hero as you said. Okay.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. John 1:1-3 nkjv

He (Christ, the word-God) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. Col.1:15-17 nkjv

Can you see what I believe in these verses.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:14pm On Apr 21, 2012
Goshen360: @ Olaadegbu,

I believe Jesus is God and distinct from the God, the Father.

Leave Kunle out of this. Face me,lol. grin Kunle is NOT my hero as you said. Okay.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. John 1:1-3 nkjv

He (Christ, the word-God) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him. And He is before all things, and in Him all things consist. Col.1:15-17 nkjv

Can you see what I believe in these verses.
I can see that you still managed to do a disappearing act on the verbal inerrancy of the Scriptures.

How can I leave the OP out of this since this thread is his idea? Shall we leave the weightier matters out at the expense of his pet subject?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 6:20pm On Apr 21, 2012
^
Okay, we shall not leave the weightier matter out at the expense of this subject. I have answered your questions and prove what I believed. Can we go on to my questions now? Guess you are trying to avoid what is ahead.lol grin
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:30pm On Apr 21, 2012
Okay, we shall not leave the weightier matter out at the expense of this subject. I have answered your questions and prove what I believed. Can we go on to my questions now? Guess you are trying to avoid what is ahead.lol grin
Kofeso, you still haven't answered kweshun #2
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2012
^
What is the question #2. I can't find it. Ask it again please.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 7:06pm On Apr 21, 2012
nuclearboy: @Image123:

Thanks for your answer! I would have liked to revert with a rebuttal but I think Goshen360 has this very well covered and I will leave it to him so there is less space for manipulations and long-winded posturing.

What would be nice is if you (and like minds) would just answer his questions directly without the delay, dribbling and manipulative tactics!

All questions asked of Christ were answered WITHOUT ambiguity! it would be nice if we would actually follow THAT example!
Not all questions asked Christ were answered, and not Christ said was 'clear', He even deliberately spoke in parables.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2012
Image123,

Why are you dodging all the questions I said I was going to ask? You are not talking to me anymore. You and Olaadegbu had been dodging and dribbling me to ask my questions. WHY?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by nuclearboy(m): 8:28pm On Apr 21, 2012
Image,

Christ NEVER hid from His Own! Or perharps you could show me one example where He dodged like you have been doing? Can't you simply answer the questions? Simple direct honest answers which do not contain non-issue or posturing?

Them "you know who" already perfected this insistence in prevarication until the real "issues" get lost in a hail of "stories"! You and me know they are pretenders and only worship their tummies! You cannot wish to be like those, can you? And you NEVER get tongue-tied like this except concerning tithes!

Be honorable and face Goshen head on and honestly
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 9:04pm On Apr 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

I can see that you still managed to do a disappearing act on the verbal inerrancy of the Scriptures.

How can I leave the OP out of this since this thread is his idea? Shall we leave the weighty matters out at the expense of his pet subject?
you're one funny brother my brother. Allow Goshen please, he's 'clean'.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 9:09pm On Apr 21, 2012
nuclearboy: Image,

Christ NEVER hid from His Own! Or perharps you could show me one example where He dodged like you have been doing? Can't you simply answer the questions? Simple direct honest answers which do not contain non-issue or posturing?

Them "you know who" already perfected this insistence in prevarication until the real "issues" get lost in a hail of "stories"! You and me know they are pretenders and only worship their tummies! You cannot wish to be like those, can you? And you NEVER get tongue-tied like this except concerning tithes!

Be honorable and face Goshen head on and honestly
Nuclear, answering a question is not equal to honour. You know i've been avoiding tithe issues for a while now, and it took me so long to even get into this. you guys asked for the OP to be addressed, i did. i've tried. Let's settle number 1 first at least, that way we'd see that there's some 'progress'.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 9:42pm On Apr 21, 2012
@ Image123,

This is the time I need to validate your Apostleship. grin. Make you no fall my hand now o, please. grin

This questions am talking about are summary to yours and my points. Instead of we explaining further, these questionS are just going to clear the air of any errors. You have said your points and I have stated mine. So the questionS will be drawn from what we have both said. Kindly do me this honour and though, the questionS are going to be many but I will ask them one after the other.

@ Olaadegbu,
I don't mind if you also could answers these my questions.

Thank and am waiting for either of you please.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by PastorKun(m): 10:19pm On Apr 21, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
You only attempted to answer the first kweshun, leaving out #2 and #3.

I wish I had the skills of Maradona but I don't. Your hero pastorkuns qualifies as the Maradona here because he doesn't believe that Jesus Christ is God the Creator of heaven and earth, neither does he believe in the inerrancy of Scripture, do you?

You are such a dis honest and manipulative vermin angry
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Nobody: 11:18pm On Apr 21, 2012
All you that condemn payment of tithe don't just talk from ignorant hearts. In Malachi3v10, God himself talked about tithing. He did not command neither did he intimidate. He said 'bring the tithes to my house so that there may be food and see if i will not open the windows of heaven and bless you abundantly, try me'. If you do not want to pay tithes, don't look for a means of escape by gainsaying the word of God.
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Goshen360(m): 1:02am On Apr 22, 2012
^
You can as well volunteer to answer my kweshions.

Why did all the tithe teachers suddenly disappear,lol grin Apostle Image123 and Olaadegbu, Where art thou?
Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by nuclearboy(m): 7:07am On Apr 22, 2012
@Goshen

Image123 will show up. He is a relatively honorable person. Problem is it seems he has suddenly understood that he cannot answer without problems. He is probably trying to find Biblical support but suddenly the Bible has turned it's back and is quiet.

That is as good an admission of "loss" as any other.

The problem is that its difficult to accept you have been wrong for many years and that much of what you based your "knowledge" on has been a lie perpertrated against you by people you trusted

1 Like

Re: Uncomfortable Questions For Tithe Preachers by Image123(m): 8:05am On Apr 22, 2012
Big lol at Bible turning its back. Na wa o Goshen, some of actually sleep na. And go to church too. And give tithe. You guys enjoy, i'm not going into more questions now, i already answered more than 10. Let's 'score' that one first. The OP stated them as 'questions tithing advocates fail to answer'. We don answer now, and the questions look irrelevant to you too. So we're looking for bigger, tougher questions ba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Pastor Jonathan David: 'Buhari Will Win Nigeria’s Presidential Election / Amazing Ancient Ethiopian Churches Carved Out Of Rocks (photos) / Why Dunamis Church Constructed Dual Carriageway In Mararaba – Dr. Paul Enenche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.