Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:22 AM

Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. (11804 Views)

2 Female Victims Of Zaria Clash Between The Army And Shitte Sect Revealed (Photo / APA Drags Okorocha To Tribunal, Claims Votes Cast Outnumbered Pvcs Collected / Musa Ayeni: I Will Defeat Jonathan And Buhari- APA Presidential Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 6:31pm On Nov 18, 2007
Here are the figure from last month allocation from the federal govt to state, while seven state with about the same population as 2 yoruba state which are Gombe, yobe, taraba,ebonyi, nassarawa, balyelsa and akwa ibom collected N25.534 billion the two yoruba state with the same population collected Just N 7.163 billion this is not fair, the injustice needs to be corrected.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2007
Here are the figure from last month allocation from the federal govt to state,  while  seven state  with about the same population as 2 yoruba state  which are Gombe, yobe, taraba,ebonyi,   nassarawa, balyelsa and akwa ibom collected  N25.534 billion  the two yoruba state with the same population collected  Just  N 7.163 billion this is not fair, the injustice needs to be corrected.

I forgot to include while president Yar Adua expect the yorubas to mostly generate the non oil revenue of N910 billion  from Yorubaland,   This is not fair , there is a need to correct the injustice.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 6:57pm On Nov 18, 2007
Let look at the expected federal revenue to be collected from Yorubaland in the next year budget according to the budget from the president, 

oil revenue from Yorubaland next years, based on figure derive from the website of the federal ministry of finance and the 2008 budget, 

Oil production $3.369 billion( N397.615 billion ) is expected from Oil in yoruba land using next year budget, 
and another about N800 billion from non oil revenue.  This make a total of N1.2 trillion  from yoruba land. which about $10 billion.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2007
How did I arrive at the figure of $10 billion revenue from Yorubaland to the federal govt from next years. I have gone thru the ministry of finances website and have calculated the the % of the oil derivation in the last 8 years and discover that with the expect 2.45 million barrel per day from oil used by the federal govt in the calculation for next year budget 171, 500 barrel per day would be expect from Yorubaland.

Now using Mr president expect price of oil of $53.83 .

In 365 days the total oil from expected from Yorubaland in 2008 would be

171,500 x 365= 62,597,500 barrel

Now if you use the oil price expect by the Mr president, you get

62597500 x 53.83 = 3,369,623,425 = $3.369 billion

Now convert to naira at N118 to a dollar

3,369,623,425 x 118= 397615564150

While the non oil revenue is expected to be 910 billion , using the 2007 collected revenue, you would expect N806 billion to come from yorubaland,

Now add the oil and the non oil expect federal revenue in 2008 in Yorubaland,

You get

397.615 billion + 806 billion = N 1.203 trillion naira from Yorubaland in 2008,

Now converting it back to naira using N118 to a dolloar ,

1.204 trillion divide by 118= $10.2 billion from Yorubaland next year by Mr president,
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by jerrymania(m): 8:12pm On Nov 18, 2007
@ Nigeria1

Nigeria1 its pretty ironic that you are not canvassing for a one nigeria as ur nick implies. You are just a fake shit,stupid tribalist. Are yoruba people the only one suffering in Naija? have you ever been to the creeks,villages,and most part of the Niger Delta where the oil is predominantly from? You come around running your smelling mouth. Do you know what Yoruba Oil Executives are doing in Oil Companies to make life miserable for you if you are an applicant who is not yoruba or a non-yoruba seeking promotion. Hide out!
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 8:59pm On Nov 18, 2007
my brother i do believe in nigeria, but i also believe in fairness, Look the niger delta issue have turn from we are not getting money from oil to thier leaders eating all thier money, they got N41 billion last money, while yoruba who also make same contribution to that same govt they have refused to give derivation based on the revenue the yoruba generate to that same federal govt. why would the niger delta get derivation based on oil revenue but the yorubas can not get for non oil revenue. Why? what is good for peter , should be good for paul. treat every nigerian fairly.

1 Like

Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by Afam(m): 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2007
@nigeria1,

Please, arrange for you and anyone that thinks like you to leave Nigeria.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 2:10am On Nov 19, 2007
Young man watch what you say, I am older than your national assembly speaker,
Is asking for fairness now the problem.

Let look at it. Revenue is revenue to the federal govt, either from oil or non oil sector. Why would other state not get revenue from other source of federal govt revenue. Why cant kano get derivation for what ever they produce, Give the oil state derivation while not allowing other state to enjoy what they work hard for is wrong. Remember that Nigeria revenue from oil is not any man effort or hard but non oil revenue are people hard work and effort.

It is checking every state should be allow to get derivation for what ever they contribute to the federal account. This way state would make effort to contribute something to the federal account. It is common sense. You would see the federal revenue collected go so high.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 2:56am On Nov 19, 2007
i have not finish with my calculation, coming.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by Afam(m): 9:10am On Nov 19, 2007
nigeria1:

i have not finish with my calculation, coming.

I thought as much, can't wait to see the concluding part of your calculation.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2007
afam you think say them dey award engineering degrees to slowpoke, More maths and calculation coming,
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by buluti(m): 5:34pm On Nov 19, 2007
@nigeria1, now its clear you are a comedian. You have successfully earned yourself the status of a slowpoke. Keep at it, "nairaland jester".
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by denex: 7:58pm On Nov 19, 2007
UTTER RUBBISH!

What we need right now is a program to gradually merge some of the states not to create more divisions.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 8:38pm On Nov 19, 2007
jester, you make me laugh, Buluti. , you know why , you make yourself look stupid each there, What you are saying that it is only injustice if the problem is with Niger delta or Igbo but when it is with the yoruba, they should take it. Just listen to yourself and pause for awhile, How stupid you sound.

Denex, what is your reason for merge, , Please state, is the state not working now because we have thief as governors. What if we have good leader, ?

Let me point this out clearly. My main aim is to show the injustice been done to the Yorubas, And it need to be corrected, If they refuse to correct, you would have no federation to call your country. That how major Orkar coup came and what if the next orkar comes to correct the wrong.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by Afam(m): 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2007
Boy!!!!

Na wetin you say you read for school again?

Wetin you dey do for US when I go die and Ali Baba dem dey make all the money for comedy?

Guy, come back home, we need your comedy to add to what we currently have in the industry.

In fact, I go dey by your CD anytime to release one and I am sure that those that have noticed this inherent talent like Buluti will buy your CD too.

When are you coming back?
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 9:59pm On Nov 19, 2007
You really think I am joking,  That funny wait when the PDP south west present this to the house. I am collecting signation from people to give it Chief Bode George, to present it to member of the south west members of both house. I shall get all powerful  to push it until we get our demand. The south south did it.

So I would see if this is a joke. So Yoruba people you think do not have say. You assume we are second class citizen. Why would some get derivation for their federal generated revenue ,  but we can not get the same treatment for the same revenue to the same federal govt. Why Is that fair to you.  Monkey dey work , babom dey chop,
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by debosky(m): 10:13pm On Nov 19, 2007
your population - revenue calculations are not very useful

for someone who claims to have a good understanding about these issues, you fail to realise that equality of states, landmass, revenue generation as well as population play a role in calculation of resource allocations.

what is the so called injustice with the Yoruba people? California has more than 6 times the population of Iowa. . .does it ask to be split into more states because of that? Get real. . .this archaic thinking of expecting the federal governments intervention as the solution to the problem is really silly and shows a lack of deep reasoning ability.

How viable are the states currently created? All the allusions to 'yorubaland' what contributions do some farmers in Ekiti make to generate the VAT and other taxable income obtained from Lagos that you suddenly believe that they have some right to be co-participants in this income?

what is this so called inustice? getting less money than states with lower populations? Refer to my above post, population is just one of a whole slwe of factors involved in the revenue allocation process.

Signatures? Are you are joker or something? The Northern Lawmakers dominate the house due to their sheer number of states, how do you intend to bring about this legislation when they will be the direct losers? Refer back to the sham reform conference by OBJ - The S/S wanted 25% derivation and did not get it due to Northern opposition. It will fail in a similar manner now.

States are not economically viable, that is the bottom line. They serve as bureaucratic drainpopes for government patronage and not much else.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 11:15pm On Nov 19, 2007
Afam , I would assume that you are igbo,  since Afam in igbo means name,  you let your ethincs hate for the Yoruba over come your sense of reasoning.

debosky -You talk of you USA like you forget we live abroad. Why compare Nigeria with the USA. while it is possible to for New York to have more population than some state in Nigeria because of the way the Tax law are state up,  In Nigeria it is not,  If the Nigeria govt or senate change the Tax law and other like the stupid zoning system. then we would stop asking who stop asking for justice,

Let look at the USA you are talking about. In the USA, each state collect state tax ranging from 4 to 8 % for every item sold,  but what do we have in Nigeria, instead of the state getting the VAT ,  the federal govt get the money,
Is it education, or company tax, or point of sale tax at petrol station are you talking about,  In the USA, this all belong to the state,  and not the federal govt,  So why compare it,  If the govt of Nigeria change the tax law,  than you should talk , if not keep quiet.

On lagos, why do you think that only lagos would gain from VAT. Mr Makawa claim kano state is 9 million abi,  so now do the calculation when 9 million pay tax to kano state govt,  Is Ekiti telling you they are complaining. they want fairplay.

On northern dormination of the house,  Who dorminated the house when 13% was given to the Niger delta in the first place,  Is it not the same North you since to rightoff,  Look the north would benefit from 13% derivation for non oil revenue,  you forgot that the north use to generate revenue before the oil boom. Look the only way to encourge Northern state to contribute into the federal account is to let them get get derivation from the labour of their people,  Give the north too 13% derivation.

You see the niger delta did not plant oil on thier land, But you are given them 13% for what they never worked for, but you refuse to give 13% to people who labour for revenue into the federal account, is that right, give the north 13% derivation for thier labour too and you see if the economy would not change to a productive one,
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 11:52pm On Nov 19, 2007
It is also out of the hate for the Yoruba that Thisday newspaper publishered a false story , so that the tax system would not change, This story they claim this week from The econimist does not exist. Using propagada would not work.

Nigeria Has Stronger Tax System –The Economist
By Nnamdi Duru,
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 2:13pm On Nov 20, 2007
Afam i just want to give you a clue to the bill we hope the national assembly would pass. It would seek to cancel the 13% derivation oil revenue and now introduce  13% derivation based for all federal govt earning or revenue, both non oil and oil.  It would be call the non discrimination of revenue act.

You better pray that it get accepted, if not we would attempt to cancel 13% derivation based oil,  And you can imagine how many northerner senator and house of assembly men would go allow with that bill. It would go through on the floor of the house at  its first reading. So support the first bill or except the second bill. And I am not joking.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by Afam(m): 4:06pm On Nov 20, 2007
Can you stop addressing me on this your tribal issues?
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 7:40pm On Nov 20, 2007
Afam, my dear igbo brother, like your name that means name dont you believe that, you are better to have a good name than bad name, You are always on the internet 24 hours looking for ways to destroy the yorubas, Why, I think your heart need healing , what ever any of them the yorubas have done to you, forgive.

Let i said you can not have a nation where laws are discriminating, either in them of revenue or in term of political appointment, under the name of zoning.

Afam let me give you again how the bill we hope the national assembly would pass. It would seek to cancel the 13% derivation oil revenue and now introduce 13% derivation based for all federal govt earning or revenue, both non oil and oil. It would be call the non discrimination of revenue act.

You better pray that it get accepted, if not we would attempt to cancel 13% derivation based oil because it is discriminating based and bias. Get this into your head, my state have oil too, so no heart feeling. And you can imagine how many northerner senator and house of assembly men would go allow with that bill. It would go through on the floor of the house at its first reading. So support the first bill or except the second bill. And I am not joking.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by Afam(m): 7:51pm On Nov 20, 2007
nigeria1:

Afam, my dear igbo brother, like your name that means name don't you believe that, you are better to have a good name than bad name, You are always on the internet 24 hours looking for ways to destroy the yorubas, Why, I think your heart need healing , what ever any of them the yorubas have done to you, forgive.

It seems you are moving from pure comedy to outright stupidity.

I am certainly not a tribal idiot like you, is that clear?

I hate no one based on race, religion or gender, I hate individuals that lie a lot.

So, unless you are a liar I have no business hating you as a person.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 9:36pm On Nov 20, 2007
You see the word of God says that out of the inside of a my heart , his month speak,  It is what you have be saying that make me know the content of your heart, that your opposition is due to your hate of the yorubas and nothing more.

But let me assure you that even your state would benefit from this new act. Look any sale of petrol at petrol station in Enugu state , kano state, kaduna or katsina would automatically generate a 13% derivation revenue for this state,  any form of taxes or revenue even at the kano airport would generate 13% derivation revenue for kano state or enugu state,   You see without a buyer of oil, there is no seller of oil.

With this new law All 36 state would be able to get money from 13% derivation formular which they were discriminate against. They would be able to get money from company tax, education tax , Petrol tax,vat and other govt revenue in their state,  which only Niger delta states have lay exclusive right to,  which it self is discriminating.

http://NigeriaONE.com
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by Afam(m): 10:01pm On Nov 20, 2007
Go build yourself a bungalow in hell, enough of your crazy reasoning. You are simply a clown. No wonder no one is taking you serious, are you sure you are mentally stable?
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by grafikdon: 10:52pm On Nov 20, 2007
nigeria1:

You are always on the internet 24 hours looking for ways to destroy the yorubas, Why, I think your heart need healing what ever any of them the yorubas have done to you, forgive.

Coming from someone who was boldly suggesting/recommending genocide on the people of South East/South South for their 'injustice' and the 'painful' fact they have 11 states when the population/land mass of your village is twice bigger than those of the two regions combined (courtesy of your Okija Satellite). I have a hard time trying to make a head or tail of your comment above since it has no connection whatsoever with this thread. I guess it is one of your jokes or another dismal attempt at humour. undecided

Please, let go of that unfounded/fabricated 'tribalism' accusation and continue with your Okija satellite calculation. It is a more pleasant (though painful) comedy.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 6:45am On Nov 21, 2007
grafikdon , when did i recommend genocide on the igbo people,  please can you point or link us to that pages,  what is ethinic in correcting injustice. Or just another of your many lies, you are a lier just like your brother Makama. It looks like you are the brother of Makama . You sound like him,  So you say NASA satellite picture is made from Okija ,

So you think NASA is like you a lier. This is how to judge a person,  The word of God talk about a lier, that their ways are decietful,  And everybody can now see that you are decietful and your ways too,
So NASA picture is a lie,
So RKA pictures are also lies, abi,   (RKA means Russian Space Agency)
So JAXA pictures too are lies     (Formerly Japan's Institute of Space and Astronautical Scienceand 2 other bodies. )
so CNSA pictures are lies too    ( CNSA means China National Space Administration) and many more countries,  so all this countries lied against you and mr Makama

So the whole world is a lier, and only you and Mr Makama is telling the truth.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by denex: 7:02am On Nov 21, 2007
Personally, I feel this state creation exercise breeds selfishness and strife between the separated peoples. Resource distribution problems, boundary conflicts and disproportionality in budget allocation.

During the old days when there were Kwara, Benue and Bendel states, I never heard about communal clashes along their borders, but since the creation of Kogi state, it's been one boundary clash after the other. The suprising thing is even that Kogi wasn't carved out of Bendel state so where is all the violence coming from? Well, as long as there are divisions "gbeghe" must follow. Simple. So let's start uniting instead.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 7:20am On Nov 21, 2007
denex, you look like you miss the point,  Here is the point below,  that IBB and Abacha were bias the way state were created,  and this need to be corrected period. It is not possible to merge state to correct the problem. the only possiblly is to create new ones, And now put them under a fourth tie of Govt,    It would work this way,  You create 4 more state of Zaria, Apa , Owena and Oke ogun state,  And now create 8 or 12 provinces and all the 40 states would fall under one of the 8 povinces,

And each province shall be headed by a premier,  And each province shall not get any form of revenue from the federal account,  and shall also make a monthly contribution of N10 billion into the federal govt.

Let me give you a clue, 

Let say you have 8 provinces with the 40 states,

North central ---- Zaria, kaduna, plateau, Nassarawa, Niger
North west---Bauchi, Gombe, Jigawa,Borno, yobe
South south -- edo, river, cr, akwa Ibom, delta,balyesa
South east -- Imo, abia, anambra, ebonyi, enugu
North East--Sokoto, kebbi, zamfara, katsina, kano
west central --- Ondo, ekiti, kogi, owena,osun
North south--- Benue, Adamawa, Apa, taraba
West province -- lagos, oyo, ogun, kwara, oke ogun

See what I wrote before,

Need for the creation of Zaria, Apa and Owena state.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-91413.0.html
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by doyin13(m): 7:36am On Nov 21, 2007
How anyone can agitate for more states when it is evident that what we have
are redundant masses of civil servants in nonfunctioning units we call states,
I do not know.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by nigeria1: 7:55am On Nov 21, 2007
doyin you have redundant state because the so call leader are not creative, This is now 7 month since most of them became governor have you since more than 2 governor who is showing is creative. No,

Look I do not know how old you are but, you can ask your grandfather , he can tell you how effect the region system in the 1960's were, With this create of state and the fourth tie of govt. You would see a viable provinces, which would take control of state in thier area, and a better system, It would function better, Look Enugu state can not build a rail line but South east provinces would be able too, they would depend on federal govt, and less problem about unity.
Re: Senate: Need For The Creation Of Zaria, Apa And Owena State. by bashali: 8:22am On Nov 21, 2007
denex, grafikdon, Afam i do not see your point. You 3 look like you do not like the yorubas then why are you living in yoruba get the hell back to your igboland. if you do not want anything good for the yorubas. Get the hell out of yorubaland.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Politics In 2017 : Anambra Polls, Mega Party, Others To Shape New Year / Only Atiku Can Restructure And Improve Nigeria's Economy - Nwodo / Anthony Usoro Resigns, To Join APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.