Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,108 members, 7,807,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:31 PM

I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. (43859 Views)

Where Will You Worship God Today? / One Big Reason You Must Praise God Today. Picture. / PHOTOS: I Abandoned My Five Children To Become A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Sweetnecta: 2:32pm On Apr 14, 2012
Kind and compassionate man to his family may be a wicked man like Hitler or Pharaoh [take your pick].

Islam is not by being from a religious household or being called alfa. Islam is from the heart and since you do not believe in existence of the soul, please what came out of those cadavers that make them fall flat and you are able to cut into them at will for your medical research and studies?

I can assure you that it is the soul which they, you or I have no control to when it will leave that left the body lifeless.

Your walimat is now useless because you have turned the sacred event signifying that you gained some knowledge to useless knowledge that may stand against you before God. And I swear by God that you and I will stand before Him for our records good or bad.

You can't escape reality: you are a human, born helpless, now grown and strong. And if you live on earth long enough, you will lose those vigor like I have and realize that your end will come someday.

Just like you can not quantify the soul, you can not know how a dead person feel because you are not dead, yet. Just don't die on the wrong Aqeedah.

All your bravado is to me your ego. Youth something and almost stupidity and full of it. There was a time I thought the world resolve around me and no one else matters.

Aburo. Roo ree o. Do not let death catch you unless you are on Laa ilaha ilAllah {the Unique Lord} and Muhammadanr rRasulullah [as].

If you want to make friend and talk to anyone, my email is galadimalou@aol.com
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Ishilove: 2:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123: Even atheists are exhorting one another. Very soon, you people will have choruses that you also sing o. Lost lot.
Lmao!!! True talk jare :-D
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by buzugee(m): 2:41pm On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna: I get,that's why I keep saying I respect other people's opinions.
But,I remain indifferent. There is no God,no hell or heaven, no judgment day. That scenario will never come up. I m completely convinced of this.
good for you.now fasten your seat-belt and brace for turbulence.

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by rastamouse: 2:46pm On Apr 14, 2012
I feel very sorry for the OP. It is clear that you have failed to realize that you are making the most important decision regarding your soul. Think twice http://heavenandhellstories..com/2012/04/seeing-hell-before-death.html

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 2:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
Sweetnecta: Kind and compassionate man to his family may be a wicked man like Hitler or Pharaoh [take your pick].

Islam is not by being from a religious household or being called alfa. Islam is from the heart and since you do not believe in existence of the soul, please what came out of those cadavers that make them fall flat and you are able to cut into them at will for your medical research and studies?

I can assure you that it is the soul which they, you or I have no control to when it will leave that left the body lifeless.

Your walimat is now useless because you have turned the sacred event signifying that you gained some knowledge to useless knowledge that may stand against you before God. And I swear by God that you and I will stand before Him for our records good or bad.

You can't escape reality: you are a human, born helpless, now grown and strong. And if you live on earth long enough, you will lose those vigor like I have and realize that your end will come someday.

Just like you can not quantify the soul, you can not know how a dead person feel because you are not dead, yet. Just don't die on the wrong Aqeedah.

All your bravado is to me your ego. Youth something and almost stupidity and full of it. There was a time I thought the world resolve around me and no one else matters.

Aburo. Roo ree o. Do not let death catch you unless you are on Laa ilaha ilAllah {the Unique Lord} and Muhammadanr rRasulullah [as].

Mo ti ro. That's my conclusion. I m not as young as you may think. And I can assure you,its neither my ego nor my youthfulness. Wolimat being useless,yes but the knowledge won't be wasted. Death will come when it will, I m no longer afraid because I do not believe in the 'hereafter'. Fear,I realized, was what made me believe,used to control me. Me,religion and God are done. All your advice*threats* is no longer needed.

1 Like

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 3:07pm On Apr 14, 2012
rastamouse: I feel very sorry for the OP. It is clear that you have failed to realize that you are making the most important decision regarding your soul. Think twice http://heavenandhellstories..com/2012/04/seeing-hell-before-death.html
I have read enough,trust me. Don't feel sorry for me,I should feel sorry for you.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Ishilove: 3:10pm On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna:
In a way, I m still caged by society but that's understandable. But I refuse to believe in any God. I alone am responsible for my actions. I no longer believe in life after death. Everything is here. The difference I will make is here,this life. A God does not exist.
Eyah. Kpele.
Another one bites the dust.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by rastamouse: 3:11pm On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna:
I have read enough,trust me. Don't feel sorry for me,I should feel sorry for you.

Are you sure you have read enough? If you are really free, why the fear? That fear is your soul that is screaming to you. Of all your being, your body should be the least that you listen to. It is very temporal and will not last even a year after your death. However, your soul will spend eternity and this decision you are making will decide where the soul goes.

Think!
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 3:15pm On Apr 14, 2012
Ishilove:
Eyah. Kpele.
Another one bites the dust.
Again,no need feeling sorry. I am not 'biting the dust' anytime soon. We all will sooner or later.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by reloboy(m): 3:16pm On Apr 14, 2012
Sweetnecta: Kind and compassionate man to his family may be a wicked man like Hitler or Pharaoh [take your pick].

you really nailed it, it's now left to him to think but this is really a sad story i would've love to see the irony
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Sweetnecta: 3:17pm On Apr 14, 2012
Advise, yes. Threat, no.

My case is similar to your case we are still alive. I do not know how I will end and what land and what I will end in.
You must know that your position is not unique and it is olomo o maa roja.

Sometimes in the past a woman left her husband who left Islam to marry her as a christian.
She left her after she dreamed and saw malik the angel of death showing her that her husband has now taken er place in Hell after Allah has ransomed her away from it.

Evidently the knowledge you acquired and mark it by walimat meant nothing the reason you ignorantly say there is no God.

I wonder if you can tell me how you came about or man came about or even how lion is not you and you are not a donkey or an ass? What makes you different from a dead man since you disbelieve in existence of God and among others, the soul He created and the life after death He promised?

What is your purpose of being here? There is no threat here but only conversation. And I did not say you are too young. I am still young in the eyes of my mother.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 3:17pm On Apr 14, 2012
rastamouse:

Are you sure you have read enough? If you are really free, why the fear? That fear is your soul that is screaming to you. Of all your being, your body should be the least that you listen to. It is very temporal and will not last even a year after your death. However, your soul will spend eternity and this decision you are making will decide where the soul goes.

Think!
My 'soul' which I regard as my mind tells me to do this. I have no fear. None whatsoever.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 3:24pm On Apr 14, 2012
Sweetnecta: Advise, yes. Threat, no.

My case is similar to your case we are still alive. I do not know how I will end and what land and what I will end in.
You must know that your position is not unique and it is olomo o maa roja.

Sometimes in the past a woman left her husband who left Islam to marry her as a christian.
She left her after she dreamed and saw malik the angel of death showing her that her husband has now taken er place in Hell after Allah has ransomed her away from it.

Evidently the knowledge you acquired and mark it by walimat meant nothing the reason you ignorantly say there is no God.

I wonder if you can tell me how you came about or man came about or even how lion is not you and you are not a donkey or an ass? What makes you different from a dead man since you disbelieve in existence of God and among others, the soul He created and the life after death He promised?

What is your purpose of being here? There is no threat here but only conversation. And I did not say you are too young. I am still young in the eyes of my mother.
I don't want to get into an argument about the origin of man. I have argued with people enough. As you can see I have not mentioned science in my posts for a reason. It will only lead to futile argument which will change nothing. As for my purpose, I know one thing,its not to worship any God. I can assure you my personality is neither hitler nor pharaoh. I will soon be a doctor for saying out aloud.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by rastamouse: 3:31pm On Apr 14, 2012
satan and his angels may be rejoicing over your soul now. If you think this is the wisest decision you can make then good luck on your way to darkness away from the true light GOD!

Always remember these words!
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by PastorAIO: 3:40pm On Apr 14, 2012
rastamouse: satan and his angels may be rejoicing over your soul now. If you think this is the wisest decision you can make then good luck on your way to darkness away from the true light GOD!

Wow, so Satan has time to rejoice even with all of God's fury against him. Rastamouse we are not in a cartoon here o, abeg.

Sweetnecta: Advise, yes. Threat, no.

Have you ever considered that it is the poor quality of your 'advice' that contributes to people becoming atheists. When instead of adhering to Truth you seek to win an argument by using any sort of wuru wuru gymnastics, and emotional cajoling and threats.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by deols(f): 3:43pm On Apr 14, 2012
Pastor AIO: I think it would be better for religion as a whole, especially christianity and Islam, if it's adherent refrained from posting on this forum and arguing. The only results have been to turn people into atheists. I do not know anyone that has become a christian due to something they read here, the same holds true for moslem. I have only heard of conversions to atheisms and not just one or two.

I don't think it is because the atheists or agnostics have argued particularly persuasively. Rather it is because the religious people keep on shooting themselves in the foot with their inanity. They are the best advertisment for Atheism.

Only God knows how many more Atheist this religious board has created apart from the one's who have made the confessions. I can bet that there are many, they just won't come forward, sagely.

I have also wondered how many prople have become atheists on this forum. But you cant control what people do on here. I believe some others get enlightened by what others have to say. i have learnt a lot here, as an example
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by OdinMacThor(m): 3:48pm On Apr 14, 2012
rastamouse: satan and his angels may be rejoicing over your soul now. If you think this is the wisest decision you can make then good luck on your way to darkness away from the true light GOD!

How the hell do you know that? No pun intended. Why do you Christians resort to threats and whatnot when trying to put across your point? The OP has been unplugged. Don't be an Agent Smith.

2 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by OdinMacThor(m): 3:51pm On Apr 14, 2012
Weird I don't see SimonAndal here.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by deols(f): 3:54pm On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna:
I was born into a deeply Islamic family. I am regarded as a sort of Alfa in my area. I had my wolimat early so I know all about this. The very concept of Allah is what I do not agree with which I have therefore shunned. One thing I have realized during clinicals,is that cadaver remains cadaver just useful for medical research. I took solace in that their 'soul' is in a better place but the concept of soul itself remains unproven. I no longer believe in a Book that I was forced to accept as the truth. For instance,you quoted parts of the Quran. I do not believe in Allah from whom it came from,so I do not regard it anymore.
As for my medical studies,actually it helped reach my conclusion. Nothing has changed. I remain my kind and compassionate self.

Did you learn more than Qur'an recitation? what people regarded you as doesnt in the lest matter. The same medical knowledge that has brought others closer to Allah is the one you'r claiming the reason you dont believe in him.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by deols(f): 3:54pm On Apr 14, 2012

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
@OP, I congratulate for dumping religion! your relationship with people now will be sweet, you dont see muslim, xtian or traditionalist in people again, people are just people and you relate with them as such! And no more bokoharam tendencies, nor people trying to milk others dry in the name of thithe and co!
But I think you should still beleive in God!
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 4:13pm On Apr 14, 2012
deols:

Did you learn more than Qur'an recitation? what people regarded you as doesnt in the lest matter. The same medical knowledge that has brought others closer to Allah is the one you'r claiming the reason you dont believe in him.
The only thing I didn't learn is speaking arabic. I never miss my prayers,never. I feel extremely sad even missing prayers by one minute. I was ready to take on anyone that insulted my now former religion,verbally or otherwise. All that is now history.
Yes,it is true,some of my mates got closer to their religion during our studies. But others like me.....
Infact this is the reason I made this thread. Many of my mates are closet atheists. I just wanted any other closet atheist out there to know they are not alone.

2 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Avicenna: 4:16pm On Apr 14, 2012
cogitoErgo: @OP, I congratulate for dumping religion! your relationship with people now will be sweet, you dont see muslim, xtian or traditionalist in people again, people are just people and you relate with them as such! And no more bokoharam tendencies, nor people trying to milk others dry in the name of thithe and co!
But I think you should still beleive in God!
True.
But until the notion of God can be validated,I will take my chances. They are excellent.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Image123(m): 4:18pm On Apr 14, 2012
logicboy:

You are threatening the OP with hell. Dont you feel foolish?
No, do you?
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by PastorAIO: 4:41pm On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna:
Infact this is the reason I made this thread. Many of my mates are closet atheists. I just wanted any other closet atheist out there to know they are not alone.

I believe that there are many more atheists here than we suspect. and many have been converted to atheism but they can never admit it.

This is one of the main reasons why I insist on anonymity on internet forums like this one. It allows you to speak the truth, speak your mind, without fear of the social consequences.

However I'm aware that we can still get attached to our usernames and online avatars and as a result still protect these as if we are protecting our real life social personas. Yet I believe that it is a lot easier to have humility if no one knows who you are. If you make a mistake it won't have any bearing on your real life and things that you hold dear, if you acknowledge it.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 5:21pm On Apr 14, 2012
Image123:
No, do you?

You feel foolish, dont lie. You know that your scaremongering with the threat of hell doesnt work anymore on real adults
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mykejones(m): 5:36pm On Apr 14, 2012
If i tel u i dnt get scared or terrified about wat is posted in this religion thread,then am a joker. U all frighten me. Some arguements here have shaken,dwon 2 d roots,my not-so-strong faith. And it only get worse daily.
I'l neva open any thread wit a mark of 'religion' on it again,least i bcom sometin like some of u.
I believe in God,and i believe in the aftermath.
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by reloboy(m): 5:41pm On Apr 14, 2012
Avicenna:
The only thing I didn't learn is speaking arabic. I never miss my prayers,never. I feel extremely sad even missing prayers by one minute . I was ready to take on anyone that insulted my now former religion,verbally or otherwise. All that is now history.
Yes,it is true,some of my mates got closer to their religion during our studies. But others like me.....
I don't believe you but if you do pray five times a day and you still fink there is no God then U must be under a spell or sumtin is wrong wif U. brother HELL IS REAL Think!!!
A food for thought
Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 14, 2012

2 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by Sweetlemon(f): 5:49pm On Apr 14, 2012
I have a question for you guys. Since u don't believe in God can u pls tell us why u guys are always hanging around the religion section of this forum? You comment on each and every single religious post on d forum. After all atheism is a disbelief in the existence of God so it is NOT a religion right? So why this strong desire to stalk others who believe in God, and talk and talk and talk about your disbelief? A true atheist should be ignoring and avoiding anything with God in it! Please answer straight to the point cos I will ignore ambiguous replies. Thank u

4 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by logicboy: 5:52pm On Apr 14, 2012
Sweetlemon: I have a question for you guys. Since u don't believe in God can u pls tell us why u guys are always hanging around the religion section of this forum? You comment on each and every single religious post on d forum. After all atheism is a disbelief in the existence of God so it is NOT a religion right? So why this strong desire to stalk others who believe in God, and talk and talk and talk about your disbelief? A true atheist should be ignoring and avoiding anything with God in it! Please answer straight to the point cos I will ignore ambiguous replies. Thank u

It goes both ways, hypocrite!

1) Tell your religious brothers and sisters to stop making threads about atheists first
2) Tell your evangelists, jehovah witnesses and mormons to stop disturbing people on the bus and in their houses first
3) When separation of church and state is fully implemented, you can truly have peace with atheists
4) Is there an atheist section for threads?

2 Likes

Re: I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. by mazaje(m): 5:53pm On Apr 14, 2012
greateros: posts like that of Image123, sweetnecta, ishilove and rastamouse are the exact reflection of what religion stood for - threat, counter threat, use of fear of the unknown, delusional quotes from books compiled by people suffering from chronic case of schizophrenia and what not!

Human nature has this inclination to freedom hence the silent struggle to breakaway from enslavement be it religious or otherwise especially when there is a positive pointer indicating to you that your chains are man made!

3000 years ago it was the roman and Greek gods and today, very few can still remember the names of those gods!

3000 years from now, men would av been totally liberated from the chains of religious enslavement and true enlightenment would av taken root that's when men would begin to put the remaining 80% of the unused brain to use - imagine how life would be then - a life without religious deception and religion-induced problems!

@poster. from your replies, i see your conviction is grounded in pure realization and awakening - its not going to be easy so brace yourself for the attacks and insults that will follow your decision especially from relations, friends and loved ones. If possible, i will advice you to keep your new conviction to yourself for now. undecided

Finito. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (37) (Reply)

Must See Hilarious Announcement By A Church About Fuel Scarcity / Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others / Patrick Edet, Resigned Catholic Priest: I Want To Go To Heaven When I Die

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.