Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,698 members, 7,805,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:42 AM

International Banking: Please Enlighten Me - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / International Banking: Please Enlighten Me (2439 Views)

International Banking / Please Enlighten Me About The Ferry Business- Anyone? / Abuja Commodities Exchange - Please Enlighten Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by MissyB3(f): 3:04pm On Apr 14, 2012
I've got some personally important questions to ask, but I'll start with these :

* Is it possible to send money from Nigeria to Italy or the UK? How?
[b]*[/b]How do I check/control my Firstbank account online/from outside Nigeria?
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by mkmyers45(m): 3:26pm On Apr 14, 2012
Missy_B: I've got some personally important questions to ask, but I'll start with these :

* Is it possible to send money from Nigeria to Italy or the UK? How?
[b]*[/b]How do I check/control my Firstbank account online/from outside Nigeria?
1. you can send money by western union, Foriegn Transfer from your bank and through online money transfer units e.g Liberty Reserve. 2. i dont know if First bank has internet banking but with GTBank Internet Banking you can use your account and card anywhere in the world for buying and selling.
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by MissyB3(f): 3:48pm On Apr 14, 2012
you can send money by western union
From Nigeria?

Can anyone answer the second question, please.
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by mkmyers45(m): 4:39pm On Apr 14, 2012
Missy_B:
From Nigeria?

Can anyone answer the second question, please.
Yes from Nigeria. ask for internet banking and hear what they have to say.
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by hallmark77: 4:54pm On Apr 14, 2012
Its very easy talking from experience....But you need to contact your bank incase you dont have internet banking to write a duly signed instruction for the transfer and they will send you a form which you will fill your details and that of the beneficiary and the recipient will get the money within 5 working days.

But the best way is to have internet banking e.g access bank internet portal is the best right now and you can do virtually everything on their self service page without contacting the bank including transfer money outside Nigeria.As for firstbank they have internet banking also and with that you can check your account anytime 24hrs a day but you should check their website for details,you can as well make international transfer.You dont need to be in Nigeria before setting up any of the internet banking account with these banks.Check www.firstbanknigeria.com
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by Dankudi: 5:45pm On Apr 14, 2012
You can contact Sapnet Solutions Ltd for all your international transfer needs. They enable you transfer funds same day to any UK recipient within 2 hours and to other parts of the world using Western Union, Moneygram, TT etc. They also enable you make payments via paypal, visa and mastercard to any web merchant in the world.
www.sapnetsolutions.co.uk or www.sapnetsolutions.com.ng
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by MissyB3(f): 9:31pm On Apr 14, 2012
mkmyers45: Yes from Nigeria. ask for internet banking and hear what they have to say.
The Western union idea answers the first question, and it seems to be the easiest and quickest option right now.

hallmark77: Its very easy talking from experience....But you need to contact your bank incase you dont have internet banking to write a duly signed instruction for the transfer and they will send you a form which you will fill your details and that of the beneficiary and the recipient will get the money within 5 working days.
I do not have one and the problem is how do I contact my bank? I'm not in Nigeria at the moment. Someone theoretically deposits money into my acct often and I know nothing more than that. I'm not even sure if the person does so and how much goes into it. All I have is my acct number.
I was hoping there's a way I can frequently check my account online, and if possible have the money transferred into my account here.

Check www.firstbanknigeria.com
I just did and I'm on the e-banking page. I can't see where it says I can register but I'll start by downloading the ''Diaspora customers and the Token Pickup'' form as instructed and see how it goes. http://www.firstbanknigeria.com/Products/EBanking/FirstOnline/tabid/381/Default.aspx

Dankudi: You can contact Sapnet Solutions Ltd for all your international transfer needs. They enable you transfer funds same day to any UK recipient within 2 hours and to other parts of the world using Western Union, Moneygram, TT etc. They also enable you make payments via paypal, visa and mastercard to any web merchant in the world.
www.sapnetsolutions.co.uk or www.sapnetsolutions.com.ng
Could you please shed more light on how this works? I have to register with them first or?

Thanks to everyone for your time. I'll be back if I have more questions.

1 Like

Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by arbitrage: 11:52pm On Apr 14, 2012
Can you enlighten us how and where you are able to send money outside from Nigeria by Western Union. I am surprised you said so affirmatively. Is that a new development and which bank handles that?
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by hallmark77: 12:25am On Apr 15, 2012
If you want to know when money is paid into your account is very simple just ask your bank to alert you via email so that any transaction to your account will be sent to you.You should call first bank customer service and inquire about all these and you can even ask if money is been deposited into your account.They will ask you for the account number and they will tell you instantly.They will also put you through on how open internet banking.Your situation is very simple and there is no need to be worried just contact them and things will be more easier than you think.Any further question,feel free to ask here.I had similar problems with all my banks in Nigeria and everything is under control now and I can do whatever I want as if I am in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by Nobody: 10:55am On Apr 15, 2012
You can use liberty reserve to transact international business, its also like an international bank too... For more info about funding your liberty reserve account, you can click on the link below or call me on 08036141162. I'll give you more info.
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by MissyB3(f): 2:37pm On Apr 15, 2012
hallmark77: If you want to know when money is paid into your account is very simple just ask your bank to alert you via email so that any transaction to your account will be sent to you.You should call first bank customer service and inquire about all these and you can even ask if money is been deposited into your account.They will ask you for the account number and they will tell you instantly.They will also put you through on how open internet banking.Your situation is very simple and there is no need to be worried just contact them and things will be more easier than you think.Any further question,feel free to ask here.I had similar problems with all my banks in Nigeria and everything is under control now and I can do whatever I want as if I am in Nigeria.
Thanks a million. I intend to do as you've said before this week ends, hopefully they can help me.
I just think I've been fooled for too long, hence wouldn't want to instruct for any more payment to be made into my acct. . . I'd want the money sent to me directly. I also intend to visit the nearest Western Union office to be 100% sure money can be sent from Nigeria. I'll give y'all feedback.

lecorn: You can use liberty reserve to transact international business, its also like an international bank too... For more info about funding your liberty reserve account, you can click on the link below or call me on 08036141162. I'll give you more info.
I couldn't find any link that relates to liberty reserve below your post. Could you shed more light here on how liberty reserve works or provide a useful link. Thanks.

arbitrage: Can you enlighten us how and where you are able to send money outside from Nigeria by Western Union. I am surprised you said so affirmatively. Is that a new development and which bank handles that?
It has to be a new development. Prior to yesterday I had always thought it wasn't possible.
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by hallmark77: 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2012
You cant send money through western union from Nigeria according to the law in Nigeria last time I checked but your best bet is to fix this issue with internet banking with your bank and you can do all banking transactions conveniently.Call customer service of first bank or mail them with all your needs and they will gladly help you but just make sure you remember all data or info used when you opened the said account.Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by hallmark77: 4:03pm On Apr 15, 2012
You cant send money through western union from Nigeria according to the law in Nigeria last time I checked but your best bet is to fix this issue with internet banking with your bank and you can do all banking transactions conveniently.Call customer service of first bank or mail them with all your needs and they will gladly help you but just make sure you remember all data or info used when you opened the said account.Goodluck.
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by MissyB3(f): 4:12pm On Apr 15, 2012
hallmark77: You cant send money through western union from Nigeria according to the law in Nigeria last time I checked but your best bet is to fix this issue with internet banking with your bank and you can do all banking transactions conveniently.Call customer service of first bank or mail them with all your needs and they will gladly help you but just make sure you remember all data or info used when you opened the said account.Goodluck.
I'll do just that, ta!
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by MissyB3(f): 9:53am On May 03, 2012
Okay, I'm back.

I tried calling the customer service line I got from their site : 303-237-5000, 800-964-3444 but I was informed the number is unobtainable. I tried several other numbers but I was unable to reach them. I tried calling the particular branch with which I opened an account and the cell. phone numbers were switched off (Like, seriously? A bank number, switched off? undecided ) I called the telephone number and I found myself speaking with someone from a tribunal in Italy. grin

I'm like, is there something I'm supposed to add or minus from the numbers? Why aren't they going through?
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by yamakuza: 11:26am On May 03, 2012
1. Look for support/contact/feedback form on their website and use that to send them an email. From there, u'll get a working number.

2. Send a friend/relative over to any branch to speak to someone about your query and then obtain phone/email of someone you can communicate with directly.

For enquiries on FirstBank products and services, please call 0700FIRSTCONTACT (0700-34778-2668228 ), 01-4485500, 0708-062-5000 or email firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com

No, i dont work with them.
internet banking should help you with monitoring your account.

To send money, you can:

1. Get a debit card attached to your account and withdraw via atm over there

2. Pay an intermediary like sapnet in naira, and they'll wire the funds to you

3. Get a dorm acct yourself and wire things online
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by MissyB3(f): 1:19pm On May 03, 2012
2. Send a friend/relative over to any branch to speak to someone about your query and then obtain phone/email of someone you can communicate with directly.
Let's just say there's no one I'd like to send. The only one I would have sent happens to be the one I think is fooling me. angry
yamakuza:

For enquiries on FirstBank products and services, please call 0700FIRSTCONTACT (0700-34778-2668228 ), 01-4485500, 0708-062-5000 or email firstcontact@firstbanknigeria.com

Thanks. I'll try any of these numbers.

2. Pay an intermediary like sapnet in naira, and they'll wire the funds to you
How does this sapnet work? What are the steps I should follow? Can I do everything online? Plus, can they help transfer to me from Nigeria?
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by yamakuza: 1:33pm On May 03, 2012
1. You can ask the sapnet guy questions on this thread: www.nairaland.com/927077 or visit www.sapnetsolutions.co.uk

ideally, if u dont have a dorm acct and i have one, u can xfer funds from ur fbank acct to mine, and i wire the funds to u. If i decide to do that as a business, i can charge a fee.

It appears sapnet can do the above and they are registered with the appropriate authorities.

2. Another route is paypal. There are people who can fund your paypal account if you pay them in naira

3. Why havent you considered the debit card option?
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by MissyB3(f): 3:44pm On May 03, 2012
3. Why havent you considered the debit card option?
I'll have to first contact my bank for more info to see how it works. The idea is convenient, if it's possible.
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by spicyhoney(f): 12:39am On May 06, 2012
Missyyyyyyy, why didn't u ask? Well if the person sending the money to you reside in Lagos; tell the person to go to Ecobank @seme border and use western union to send the money to you(that's if u dnt want to do the transaction through ur First bank acct) Western union is quite fast but its not done in Nigeria only @Ecobank Seme border. For ur First bank acct, if u re still having problem activating ur internet banking(which will enable u view n do some transactions on the acct), call me Monday afternoon, so I'll ask someone who works there to assist u. How's u dear?
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by spicyhoney(f): 12:54am On May 06, 2012
Is ur acct a Dom or naira acct?
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by spicyhoney(f): 8:25am On May 06, 2012
Betterstill, let the sender open a Dom acct with any bank and do a foreign transfer frm the acct into ur own Uk/Italy acct thats if the person doesnt mind operating a dom acct b'cos apart from the charges on transfer, a minimum balance is required to be left in the acct plus charges on every withdrawal depending on the bank the person decides to use.
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by spicyhoney(f): 8:32am On May 06, 2012
Betterstill, let the sender open a Dom acct with any bank and do a funds transfer frm the acct into your own Uk/Italy acct. Thats if the person doesnt mind b'cos a minimum acct balance will be required to be left in the acct apart frm the charges on transfer and withdrawals, the amount all depends on the bank the person is using.
Re: International Banking: Please Enlighten Me by MissyB3(f): 3:44pm On May 06, 2012
spicyhoney: Missyyyyyyy, why didn't u ask? Well if the person sending the money to you reside in Lagos; tell the person to go to Ecobank @seme border and use western union to send the money to you(that's if u dnt want to do the transaction through ur First bank acct) Western union is quite fast but its not done in Nigeria only @Ecobank Seme border. For ur First bank acct, if u re still having problem activating ur internet banking(which will enable u view n do some transactions on the acct), call me Monday afternoon, so I'll ask someone who works there to assist u. How's u dear?
Thanks a million, sugar. I'm yet to get in contact with FB, once I do, I'd opt for the dom acct. option as advised.
Plus, I'll ask them to put me through on internet banking. I'll ring you soon . . .Miss you loads.

(1) (Reply)

How Profitable Is Drug (OTC) Trading Business / What Is The Best E-mail Marketing Software? / Distress Sale:fairly Used Keke Napep For Sale 190k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.