Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,432 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 AM

A Simple Question For Atheists. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Simple Question For Atheists. (1896 Views)

Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists / Questions For Atheists!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Simple Question For Atheists. by freshmoney(m): 4:12pm On Apr 16, 2012
I have been closely following atheists disbelief of God here. Well, I guess it's about time asking you guys just a simple question.

Do you believe Spirit/Ghost is real?

If No, state your reasons
If yes, why don't you then believe in God's existence?

I have had different experience of spirit encounter( Please do not say mind control here!). It was real. Very real. And some people here will testify to spirits being real.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by mazaje(m): 4:28pm On Apr 16, 2012
freshmoney: I have been closely following atheists disbelief of God here. Well, I guess it's about time asking you guys just a simple question.

If yes, why don't you then believe in God?

I have had different experience of spirit encounter( Please do not say mind control here!). It was real. Very real. And some people here will testify to spirits being real.

I don't believe in ghost spirits etc. . . They don't exist. . .I do not believe in god because all gods are man made entities used by humans to explain away things and phenomena they don't know and understand or to provide supposed answers to things and concepts they want explained and can not explain it with their limited but advancing knowledge. . .I don't believe in religion because all religions are nothing but man made culture and way of life. . . .Your experience is subjective, just like that of a person that will tell you he was abducted by aliens from another planet. . .People make different claims. . .I was recently in Nigeria and one pastor I saw on one of the stations on TV was telling people how he raised one of his church members from the dead. . .The woman came and stated that she was dead for over 15 hours before he raised her from the dead. . .People making claims is not a new thing because we know that people tell lies all the time to further one agenda or the other. . .We even have a pastor here that claimed to have raised a person from the dead here. . . .

1 Like

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by mazaje(m): 4:29pm On Apr 16, 2012
double post. . .
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by freshmoney(m): 4:48pm On Apr 16, 2012
mazaje: double post. . .

@Mazaje: Before you start defending your belief(Atheism), how do you explain a situation of two to three people hearing steps on the stair case, hearing sounds of kitchen utensils being made use of? How do you relate a situation where someone speaks into your ears while you aren't seeing that person. It is not that I over-heard it or read it in a paper. It happened to me, really. I am not schizophrenic, neither am I delusional. None of us, 2 men and a woman, each over 30 years, is moronic.

This incident happened in my own house for quite a number of days until we prayed fervently and fasted for some days, the demons disappeared.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by mazaje(m): 5:11pm On Apr 16, 2012
freshmoney:

@Mazaje: Before you start defending your belief(Atheism), how do you explain a situation of two to three people hearing steps on the stair case, hearing sounds of kitchen utensils being made use of? How do you relate a situation where someone speaks into your ears while you aren't seeing that person. It is not that I over-heard it or read it in a paper. It happened to me, really. I am not schizophrenic, neither am I delusional. None of us, 2 men and a woman, each over 30 years, is moronic.

This incident happened in my own house for quite a number of days until we prayed fervently and fasted for some days, the demons disappeared.

I will believe you when you produce a video recording of it. . .remember extra ordinary claims require extra ordinary evidence. . .There was a program they used to be broadcast on national geographic back in the days called ghost hunter. . .Its about a skeptic that used to investigate all ghost claims and hunted houses. . .People come to him which such stories and he gives them a special tape recorder and video recorder to place in the rooms or kitchen hey claim the sound emanates from. . .Watched live 10 episodes and nothing was captured by the machines. . .sometimes the man lives in the so called haunted houses alone for weeks without experiencing anything. . .If you provide credible evidence I will believe you. . .Until then I will not accept words of mouth alone. . .After all many people above 40 years witnessed when pastor TB Joshua brought a man that was dead from over 10 hours back to life. . .
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by freshmoney(m): 5:34pm On Apr 16, 2012
mazaje:

I will believe you when you produce a video recording of it. . .remember extra ordinary claims require extra ordinary evidence. . .There was a program they used to be broadcast on national geographic back in the days called ghost hunter. . .Its about a skeptic that used to investigate all ghost claims and hunted houses. . .People come to him which such stories and he gives them a special tape recorder and video recorder to place in the rooms or kitchen hey claim the sound emanates from. . .Watched live 10 episodes and nothing was captured by the machines. . .sometimes the man lives in the so called haunted houses alone for weeks without experiencing anything. . .If you provide credible evidence I will believe you. . .Until then I will not accept words of mouth alone. . .After all many people above 40 years witnessed when pastor TB Joshua brought a man that was dead from over 10 hours back to life. . .

You'll never believe it until it happens to you. People like you only get close to God when you are spiritually/financially challenged. I pray you don't get to see the downside of life, then you will realise how important God is in one's life.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by mazaje(m): 6:05pm On Apr 16, 2012
freshmoney:

You'll never believe it until it happens to you. People like you only get close to God when you are spiritually/financially challenged. I pray you don't get to see the downside of life, then you will realise how important God is in one's life.

If you have credible evidence to support your assertions, bring it on and I will believe you. . .
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by Nobody: 7:21pm On Apr 16, 2012
freshmoney:

Everyone seeks spiritual help when they can't explain things. Atheists/agnosts have realised that there will always be good/bad times... we just pull ourselves together and get on with it.. I'm speaking from my own experience..
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by harakiri(m): 7:38pm On Apr 16, 2012
freshmoney: I have been closely following atheists disbelief of God here. Well, I guess it's about time asking you guys just a simple question.

You need to look up the definition of the term "ATHEISM". In simple terms, it's the disbelief in supernatural forces and religion in general. If this is the case, why then do you come here asking if we believe in spirits or ghosts? The people you should be asking are Agnostics NOT Atheists.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by harakiri(m): 7:42pm On Apr 16, 2012
freshmoney:

Please make an effort to understand what Atheism really is before you open up a thread on the topic. Atheism is NOT a religion and there is nothing like "beliefs" associated with it. What part of DISBELIEF IN RELIGION don't you understand?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by freshmoney(m): 8:02pm On Apr 16, 2012
If any of you grows up from a core Yoruba background, you wouldn't be here saying this. I rarely see elderly people saying they are atheists. Whenever you are being attacked by evil people spiritually, if you turn to God at that time frame, I hope he rejects you; but his love is so great that he will always answer one's prayers. No wonder Atheists die mysterious death. Please stop making people join your bandwagon

Left to me, I understand that Nigerians are full of evil people that can manipulate people spiritually. As for me and my family, I will serve the Lord Almighty and he shall protect me against all evil as he has been always doing. He will multiply every thing I lay my hands upon and he will see me through in all my attempts.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by mazaje(m): 8:10pm On Apr 16, 2012
freshmoney: If any of you grows up from a core Yoruba background, you wouldn't be here saying this. I rarely see elderly people saying they are atheists. Whenever you are being attacked by evil people spiritually, if you turn to God at that time frame, I hope he rejects you; but his love is so great that he will always answer one's prayers. No wonder Atheists die mysterious death. Please stop making people join your bandwagon

Left to me, I understand that Nigerians are full of evil people that can manipulate people spiritually. As for me and my family, I will serve the Lord Almighty and he shall protect me against all evil as he has been always doing. He will multiply every thing I lay my hands upon and he will see me through in all my attempts.

Your statement is a LIE, atheist do not dies mysteriously, they die just like any other group of people, death has NOTHING to do with religious belief. . .If you have any evidence to show that atheist die mysteriously go and head and provide it(we don't deal with hear say here) else remain a liar. . .
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by freshmoney(m): 8:22pm On Apr 16, 2012
musKeeto:
Everyone seeks spiritual help when they can't explain things. Atheists/agnosts have realised that there will always be good/bad times... we just pull ourselves together and get on with it.. I'm speaking from my own experience..

May I tell you something? What your so called scientists are disproving now will soon be approved, it could be in decades, centuries, millenia! Things that are not attainable now will be in the next 1000years. Did human ever think of flying an object 1000 years ago? It's funny how most of you called Atheists decide to deny the existence of millions of forces behind this universe. I believe, personally, that I have not utilized 2% of my brain capacity, and no scientist will ever go beyond the 8% of his/her brain capacity. How come are you yelling beyond your voice just because of some postulation that can be ruled out by another scientist!

When I see all the glories of the cosmos, I can’t help but believe that there is a divine hand behind it all. Albert Einstein

People travel to wonder at the height of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars and they pass themselves by without wondering. St. Augustine

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the Sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else. C.S. Lewis . ATHEISTS,NOTE!

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent him, just to say thank you. Pastor Robert Schuller

What I am really interested in, is knowing whether God could have created the world in a different way; in other words, whether the requirement of logical simplicity admits a margin of freedom. Albert Einstein

My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive With our frail and feeble minds. That deeply emotional conviction of the presence of a superior reasoning power, which is revealed in the incomprehensible Universe, forms my idea of God. Albert Einstein
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by freshmoney(m): 8:31pm On Apr 16, 2012
mazaje:

Your statement is a LIE, atheist do not dies mysteriously, they die just like any other group of people, death has NOTHING to do with religious belief. . .If you have any evidence to show that atheist die mysteriously go and head and provide it(we don't deal with hear say here) else remain a liar. . .

I do not pray you experience something beyond your capacity. I have been so block-headed like you until I realize that whats beyond 6 is far beyond 7! Likes of you run to the mountains to fast and pray to God whenever things go so wrong. My God has been so good to me. He's been helpful to me in all ways. I know he is alive. His ways can never be known by any human.Humans could have edited some of His words. But His word is understandable to whom He wants to pass it to.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by freshmoney(m): 8:52pm On Apr 16, 2012
harakiri:

Please make an effort to understand what Atheism really is before you open up a thread on the topic. Atheism is NOT a religion and there is nothing like "beliefs" associated with it. What part of DISBELIEF IN RELIGION don't you understand?

Keep wallowing in ignorance. You have a belief. And that your belief ; is Almighty God does not exist- which is Atheism.

Food for thought:

It makes no logical sense for anyone to assert that "absolutely nothing" could have produced that initiating bang or anything else: "something existed" and "caused that" -- producing those things that we know of as having a beginning.

There was a "beginning of things",
There was an outline of "from-simple-to-complex-development" in the creation of earth and life in a Genesis account of creation.
Explains our universe far "in advance of humanity having theories/developed or technology" to try to form such concepts and verify scientific assertions. For instance, the Bible says:

* “He stretches out the north [a direction] over 'empty' space, and 'hangs the earth on nothing'.” (Job 26:7)
o How would the writer four thousand years in the past (2000BC)[1] have known that the Earth is "suspended on nothing" -- not attached to anything, but mountains were called pillars of heaven in the poetry of Job 26:11, "The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at His threatening.", ie: mountains "tremble and are astonished" (a poetic phrase).

God can never be a man! His thinking surpasses your thoughts,idea. Blame him, mock him, He still remains your God.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by freshmoney(m): 8:59pm On Apr 16, 2012
The Bible says that, “God is spirit…” (John 4: 2 4 ), and it says that “God is love…” (1 John 4: 8 ), and that "perfect love casts out fear". The awesome interdependence/relationships and amazing elegance pervading the entire universe suggest a planner, maker, superhuman architect having unlimited knowledge and power. The minds of human beings are taking time and, perhaps, eternity to discover what the originating mind (divine mind) actually accomplished in creating the universe and all it contains. The Bible says that God created mankind in his image (Genesis 1: 26-27), and it is logical to realize that the human mind is able to increasingly succeed, make progress, in understanding the universe because the human mind has a resemblance of the divine mind.

There are luxuries which are not essential to survival and reproduction such as art, music, and ever-evolving technology. Is this indicative of an indifferent cosmos or more indicative of one which is somewhat friendly to humans? It seems more reasonable to conclude that the universe materialized due to the presence of an intelligent force when one takes the time to learn how so many things had to go right in order for us to be here and how difficult it would be to possibly explain how not one of those things went wrong without making reference to God. It also seems as though the universe was designed for people when one considers how human beings are the phenomenal creatures with the rare capacity to maximize the somewhat hidden potential of creation.

Accept it instead of doubting it, see it instead of shutting your eyes and you will believe that God exists. Consider how the usefulness and attractiveness of things produced by human beings are not accidental qualities when present but are a result of our intelligent nature and our natural delight in order, balance, and beauty. In a similar way, it is unreasonable to conclude that the surpassing usefulness and attractiveness of things throughout nature are accidental qualities but it is rather more reasonable to conclude that they are the result of the existence of a surpassing intelligence which also delights in order, balance, and beauty. Creativity is at the bedrock and pinnacle of the existence of all living and non-living things and it is up to each person to attempt to explain his or her natural reverence for this illustrious state of affairs. The Bible says that God created everything and was quite pleased with his work.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by mkmyers45(m): 9:09pm On Apr 16, 2012

They are borne out of fear....
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by mkmyers45(m): 9:12pm On Apr 16, 2012
freshmoney:

Keep wallowing in ignorance. You have a belief. And that your belief ; is Almighty God does not exist- which is Atheism.

Food for thought:

It makes no logical sense for anyone to assert that "absolutely nothing" could have produced that initiating bang or anything else: "something existed" and "caused that" -- producing those things that we know of as having a beginning.

There was an outline of "from-simple-to-complex-development" in the creation of earth and life in a Genesis account of creation.
Explains our universe far "in advance of humanity having theories/developed or technology" to try to form such concepts and verify scientific assertions. For instance, the Bible says:

* “He stretches out the north [a direction] over 'empty' space, and 'hangs the earth on nothing'.” (Job 26:7)
o How would the writer four thousand years in the past (2000BC)[1] have known that the Earth is "suspended on nothing" -- not attached to anything, but mountains were called pillars of heaven in the poetry of Job 26:11, "The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at His threatening.", ie: mountains "tremble and are astonished" (a poetic phrase).

God can never be a man! His thinking surpasses your thoughts,idea. Blame him, mock him, He still remains your God.

Hahahahaha...when was the bible compiled? The same bible that projects the world as flat? The bible that tells nothing of dinasours? got two words for ya: Mind Control
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by freshmoney(m): 9:35pm On Apr 16, 2012
mkmyers45: Hahahahaha...when was the bible compiled? The same bible that projects the world as flat? The bible that tells nothing of dinasours? got two words for ya: Mind Control

Please shut up. Read this:

Isaiah 40:22 where it says of God that:

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in...

The fact that this verse speaks of the "circle of the earth" can mean one of three things: 1) the earth is not a flat square but a flat circle. If that is true then what of the four corners of the earth? A flat circle has no corners. 2) the earth is shaped in a way that is spheroidal but has a square cross-section somewhere, at the equator, for example. 3) the earth is spheroidal in shape. This latter opinion is further strengthened by observing the reference to the inhabitants as grasshoppers, implying a perspective from on high, particularly, the outermost heaven.

As per your arguments on dinosaur, Tanniyn occurs 28 times in the Bible and is normally translated “dragon.” It is also translated “serpent,” “sea monster,” “dinosaur,” “great creature,” and “reptile.” Behemoth and Leviathan are relatively specific creatures, perhaps each was a single kind of animal. Tanniyn is a more general term, and it can be thought of as the original version of the word “dinosaur.” Moreover, word 'Dinosaur' was invented in 1841. Now you're questioning me why Dinosaur wasn't named in the bible?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by mkmyers45(m): 9:52pm On Apr 16, 2012
freshmoney:

Please shut up. Read this:

Isaiah 40:22 where it says of God that:

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in...

The fact that this verse speaks of the "circle of the earth" can mean one of three things: 1) the earth is not a flat square but a flat circle. If that is true then what of the four corners of the earth? A flat circle has no corners. 2) the earth is shaped in a way that is spheroidal but has a square cross-section somewhere, at the equator, for example. 3) the earth is spheroidal in shape. This latter opinion is further strengthened by observing the reference to the inhabitants as grasshoppers, implying a perspective from on high, particularly, the outermost heaven.

As per your arguments on dinosaur, Tanniyn occurs 28 times in the Bible and is normally translated “dragon.” It is also translated “serpent,” “sea monster,” “dinosaur,” “great creature,” and “reptile.” Behemoth and Leviathan are relatively specific creatures, perhaps each was a single kind of animal. Tanniyn is a more general term, and it can be thought of as the original version of the word “dinosaur.” Moreover, word 'Dinosaur' was invented in 1841. Now you're questioning me why Dinosaur wasn't named in the bible?
the earth is a geoid and the bible says 'Circle and Four Corners' how does a circle turn to a sphere(geoid)? ok, so they died off when Noah didnt take them into his small ark right? Mammoths? serbian tigers? How old is the earth according to the bible?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by freshmoney(m): 10:23pm On Apr 16, 2012
mkmyers45: the earth is a geoid and the bible says 'Circle and Four Corners' how does a circle turn to a sphere(geoid)? ok, so they died off when Noah didnt take them into his small ark right? Mammoths? serbian tigers? How old is the earth according to the bible?

Can you answer this simple but technical question? You have a little knowledge of Mathematics right? How can a 4 cardinal point fit into a circle? Doesn't that suggest a sphere to you?

If I ask you to memorize a complete 500 pages memo, and explain it later on to the audience, can your brain relate it out chronologically, word for word, to the audience. Wouldn't there be little errors there? That explains better how humans explain what God transmitted to them. And over the years, humans have been editing the Golden book called Holy Bible.

What if some of the breeds Noah took into the arc couldn't reproduce again? What if they were over-aged to reproduce?

Don't tell me you believe carbon dating that can date a bone age of a chicken that just died a few months back to millions of years! Think deeply, see the beauty of the world. Look up the Sky, Look at the ocean, appreciate the work of the Almighty God. Almighty Allah.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by mkmyers45(m): 10:36pm On Apr 16, 2012
freshmoney:

Can you answer this simple but technical question? You have a little knowledge of Mathematics right? How can a 4 cardinal point fit into a circle? Doesn't that suggest a sphere to you?

If I ask you to memorize a complete 500 pages memo, and explain it later on to the audience, can your brain relate it out chronologically, word for word, to the audience. Wouldn't there be little errors there? That explains better how humans explain what God transmitted to them. And over the years, humans have been editing the Golden book called Holy Bible.

What if some of the breeds Noah took into the arc couldn't reproduce again? What if they were over-aged to reproduce?

Don't tell me you believe carbon dating that can date a bone age of a chicken that just died a few months back to millions of years! Think deeply, see the beauty of the world. Look up the Sky, Look at the ocean, appreciate the work of the Almighty God. Almighty Allah.
Cant you fit a circle into a square or rectangle? So you admitted that has humans have EDITED the 'Word of God'? Why wont i believe carbon dating?It makes sense and its proven to be through. I recommend you read on half-life champ. is it Allah (Qu'ran) or Yahweh (Bible) they are two different gods.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by freshmoney(m): 7:15am On Apr 17, 2012
^^^
If you don't know. We Christians and Muslims believe that we are serving the same God. Allah and Yahweh are the names of the Almighty God. Difference religions use their desired name to call Him, just as Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa call Him with different names. It is only the medium of worship that is different, nothing changed.

You atheists are set of lost people. Satan has got you and only God can save you

A flat Circle has no corner. A sphere can have a square cross section. And bible described earth as Spheroidal!

About the word 'EDITED'- This could have happened during translation, et al, Remember Bible was translated to English in 1611 by KJV.

If God appears to everyone of you, most of you will still doubt him. But like bible says, His ways can never be known by any Human. He remains the Lord, the Savior!
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by logicboy: 8:15am On Apr 17, 2012
freshmoney: ^^^
If you don't know. We Christians and Muslims believe that we are serving the same God. Allah and Yahweh are the names of the Almighty God. Difference religions use their desired name to call Him, just as Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa call Him with different names. It is only the medium of worship that is different, nothing changed.

You atheists are set of lost people. Satan has got you and only God can save you

A flat Circle has no corner. A sphere can have a square cross section. And bible described earth as Spheroidal!

About the word 'EDITED'- This could have happened during translation, et al, Remember Bible was translated to English in 1611 by KJV.

If God appears to everyone of you, most of you will still doubt him. But like bible says, His ways can never be known by any Human. He remains the Lord, the Savior!

If you don't know. We Christians and Muslims believe that we are serving the same God.

That is a lie. Muslims believe that Jesus is not God.

===========================================================================

just as Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa call Him with different names.

Please, how did Nigerians get to know christianity? Is it not through slavery and colonization? Were there not names for God before the Portuguese and British and Arab slave traders came?

=============================================================================
A sphere has no corners. A sphere has no rectangular properties. The rectangular lines or latitude ot longitude are theoretical and dont exist in reality.

Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by mkmyers45(m): 8:23am On Apr 17, 2012

You lair! allah's go to paradise and get virgins and god's follower go to heaven..*im going to soul society* so all muslims and xtain will go the same place? What a Joke! did you pass geometry at all? So an egg has square cross section? Atleast god cant do anything to satan cool
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by Kay17: 9:36am On Apr 17, 2012

Satan and your GOd are the same person. The person/God is suffering from schizophrenia
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by Kay17: 9:38am On Apr 17, 2012

allah, jehovah, sango, Zeus are not the same, they have different personalities.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by harakiri(m): 1:31pm On Apr 17, 2012
freshmoney: I[b]f any of you grows up from a core Yoruba background, you wouldn't be here saying this. I rarely see elderly people saying they are atheists[/b]. Whenever you are being attacked by evil people spiritually, if you turn to God at that time frame, I hope he rejects you; but his love is so great that he will always answer one's prayers. No wonder Atheists die mysterious death. Please stop making people join your bandwagon

Really? Does Tai Solarin ring a bell? That doesn't sound like an Efik or Kanuri name does it?
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by harakiri(m): 1:43pm On Apr 17, 2012
@freshmoney

My friend, it's your fear and insecurities that's speaking out loud. Not everyone is as chicken as you are. Atheism is a disbelief in religion and that means Christianity,Islam,Taoism,Buddhism and thousands of others in general. Your so called "almighty god" is not recognized in India but i don't you see you attacking them for not believing in the biblical god. Can you honestly tell yourself that the god you worship is the same as theirs? Keep wallowing in self delusion.

Food for thought:

You obviously don't read much. If you did, you'd know that MOST OF THE PROPONENTS OF THE BIG B.A.N.G THEORY are theists a.k.a religious people. It's not an "Atheist thing". Furthermore, it's not every Atheist that's a disciple of science. Personally, i didn't dump religion based on science. So what on earth are you talking about? Please, go read some books,educate yourself a bit more before you come here embarrassing everyone with your delusions.

...and you read all this in a book that was brought in by the same people who enslaved your forefathers. You believe everything in that book because a "white man" brought it. The same white man brought guns,alcohol, slave trade and other vices. What concrete proof can you provide to verify that the words in that book are indeed that of the creator of earth? NOTHING!!! The only thing you know is what you have been brainwashed with from kindergarten. If you were born in Iran, you would be here screaming "There is no god but Allah and his prophet Mohammed". If you were born in Japan, you would be a Buddhist. If you were born in Leichestein, religion would make no sense to you because you would be non-religions a.k.a Atheist. Have you EVER FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE reasoned along these lines? Dumb a$$ religious sheeple!!!

...and yet, you can't prove "his" existence and all the nonsense you are vomiting here is what you have been fed since childhood.

Nonsense!!!
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by freshmoney(m): 2:47pm On Apr 17, 2012
harakiri: @freshmoney

My friend, it's your fear and insecurities that's speaking out loud. Not everyone is as chicken as you are. Atheism is a disbelief in religion and that means Christianity,Islam,Taoism,Buddhism and thousands of others in general. Your so called "almighty god" is not recognized in India but i don't you see you attacking them for not believing in the biblical god. Can you honestly tell yourself that the god you worship is the same as theirs? Keep wallowing in self delusion.

You obviously don't read much. If you did, you'd know that MOST OF THE PROPONENTS OF THE BIG B.A.N.G THEORY are theists a.k.a religious people. It's not an "Atheist thing". Furthermore, it's not every Atheist that's a disciple of science. Personally, i didn't dump religion based on science. So what on earth are you talking about? Please, go read some books,educate yourself a bit more before you come here embarrassing everyone with your delusions.

...and you read all this in a book that was brought in by the same people who enslaved your forefathers. You believe everything in that book because a "white man" brought it. The same white man brought guns,alcohol, slave trade and other vices. What concrete proof can you provide to verify that the words in that book are indeed that of the creator of earth? NOTHING!!! The only thing you know is what you have been brainwashed with from kindergarten. If you were born in Iran, you would be here screaming "There is no god but Allah and his prophet Mohammed". If you were born in Japan, you would be a Buddhist. If you were born in Leichestein, religion would make no sense to you because you would be non-religions a.k.a Atheist. Have you EVER FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE reasoned along these lines? Dumb a$$ religious sheeple!!!

...and yet, you can't prove "his" existence and all the nonsense you are vomiting here is what you have been fed since childhood.

Nonsense!!!

Take your time, read the Holy Bible and understand how loving my God is. Every Atheist dies mysteriously and painstakingly. They suffer from this world till eternity if left unchanged.It's a pity how suffered you are in the hand of Satan. Your stubbornness will never help you. I wouldn't pray that God's wrath should visit Nigeria, but it wouldn't be unrealistic, if unbelievers like you start spreading your lies and deceits in my dear country. I am free cuz I believe in the Lord God I serve.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by freshmoney(m): 2:49pm On Apr 17, 2012
harakiri:

Really? Does Tai Solarin ring a bell? That doesn't sound like an Efik or Kanuri name does it?

Quote the ' I rarely see' part of my sentence.

And how did Tai Solarin end up his life? And wherever he may be now, I pray God shows His mercy on him cuz he was so ignorant of what he was doing back when he was alive.
Re: A Simple Question For Atheists. by logicboy: 3:25pm On Apr 17, 2012
freshmoney:

Take your time, read the Holy Bible and understand how loving my God is. Every Atheist dies mysteriously and painstakingly. They suffer from this world till eternity if left unchanged.It's a pity how suffered you are in the hand of Satan. Your stubbornness will never help you. I wouldn't pray that God's wrath should visit Nigeria, but it wouldn't be unrealistic, if unbelievers like you start spreading your lies and deceits in my dear country. I am free cuz I believe in the Lord God I serve.

The part in bold is the most stupid religious propaganda I have every heard.

1) It is virtually impossible to prove or even to know that every atheist dies a mysterious and painful death

2) Ayn Rand, a popular and one of the most influential American atheist died at the age of 77 by heart failure (a pretty common cause of death)

3) Are there not christians that die painfully and mysteriously? What about slaves who where whipped to death, were they atheists?

4) It's fear and indoctrinaition that makes you christian. Don't lie

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jesus Did Not Die For You...he- / Reflection/homily: Fourth (4th) Sunday Of Lent Year C (march 10 2013) / Is Downloading Christian Youtube Videos A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 121
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.