Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go (28566 Views)

Buhari May Sideline EFCC, ICPC In Loot Recovery / Buhari To Merge EFCC, ICPC; 42 Ministries Reduced To 19-vanguard / MASSOB To Jonathan: Free Rev. King, 35 Others Before May 29 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by OMEGAJAY(m): 4:16pm On Apr 17, 2012
Yes Oronsaye committee could be right to some extent but do remember that being an old person and out of service does not mean you should be looking for the down fall of others in services. Your biometric number is outrageous for scrapping if that is the case then Oronsaye committee should be the first to benefit scrapping because we have other people outside there who could do this Job better than him instead of funding and paying allowance to a committee who had work their life out. I think GEJ should monitor his enormous advisers who in one way or the other striving for his falling of government. The FRSC rescue accident victim, checking of cars state of condition among other services which they render, they hardly collect bribe from people and you thinking of merging them with police for advance corruption, this old men were just trying to badoo our country but God pass God. ICPC and EFCC should be one
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Marven: 4:38pm On Apr 17, 2012
Its spoken-never-accomplished political thought! Its a good revolutionary idea. But as it were, Nigeria is "corrupt", this cannot be achieve due to the fact that there are people benefiting from the existence of such parastatals that may not want them abolished.
Well, lets watch and see.
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Nobody: 4:49pm On Apr 17, 2012
1025: all talks and no action makes joe a talkertive. since this man came to power, the only functional things in nigeria are corruption and boko haram. a lot of talks here and there. a man that is worthy of eating N1B only on foods will never think right. he is a glutton. by the time a man finished N1b food, he will have nothing less than 1 million diseases in his system.

grin grin grin grin
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by kayusbrown(m): 5:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
The first step in implementing this reform should be the abolishment of the position od Minister of states, reduction in the number of the president's special advisers and special assistants, 80 percent reduction(if posiible reduction to the level of the civil service since governance should be all about service and not looting as we have it now) in the salaries and emoluments of the President, Ministers, Legislators(legislation should be on part-time basis) and other political appointees. If this first step is taken, the reform will be highly welcomed.
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by fleps(m): 5:12pm On Apr 17, 2012
Wait o! But NYSC nko? The alphabet 'C' also ends NYSC na.
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Onlytruth(m): 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2012
This is perhaps the greatest transformative news coming out of the Jonathan administration (if they can pull it off). Duplication of agencies fuel rampant corruption.
Great recommendation. cool
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Maleeq(m): 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2012
while they are at it, let it scrap itself too! angry
Whats the point in scrapping when i can bet my balls they still spring up alternative agencies, just renamed! And definitely, the same folk heading the current ones would be placed in key positions!
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by palmwine(m): 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2012
Another Committee will now be set up to review the Orosonye Report. grin
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by wyt(m): 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2012
we should be carefull on what to suport. if he implement it fully, some folks here will say in d midst of unemloyment Gej is doing this. however indeed many mda's are dublicating funtions to d detriment of our national account. pls don't scrapt EFCC, i propose merge EFCC wit ICPC and divide it by Two. one wil concentrate on cross border and coperate/private crime and the other will concentrate on goverment related crimes lik Ibori stuff. again EFCC should hav a seprate court. another that need merging is trio of UBE with nomadic and other one. ministry of comerce with trade and investment. wait a minute, i had someone talk of scraping FRSC, i think they are good up here in the north and it has visionary/ inovative leader pls spaare them. ministry of agric and ministry of water resource shld be marged, even though we've got good hand in water resources this tym around. Von should be scrapt., leaving both NTA and FRCN. oil spil cleaners is just a wait of resources wen we hve NeMa. more as i tink.
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by oiseworld: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2012
Bo-large:
WHEN WILL THINGS BEGIN TO WORK IN NIGERIA?

THIS IS JUST AN OPPORTUNITY AGAIN TO FREE POLITICAL THIEVES IN THE COUNTRY.

I BEG IF YOU HAVE OPPORTUNITIES TO BE IN NIGERIA POLITICS CHOP PLS CHOP AND CHOP AND CHOP NOTHING THEY HAPPEN.

JONATHAN IS JUST A STEALING SOFTWARE FOR PDP TO CHOP AND CHOP.

you are toooo stu.pid.
So if your daughter was going to the uni. An you knowing higher institutions is a place where she would get exposed, and probably get f..ked so you tell her to phuck,phuck and phuck abi?
People are running around looking for solution to the country u are here talking trash.

@op, i think not all should be scraped or merged, you can set them against them selves, like a competition. Eg. The american movies we watch, the fbi unviels deals in the cia,police,military and vice versa. They all try to out do others.
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by ocelot2006(m): 6:02pm On Apr 17, 2012
Kilode?!:
They need to add SSS and that silly Council Of State to that list.

SSS milling around every State House in Nigeria is an aberration for a federal system. Guard the president and stay with him. States don't need SSS operatives hanging around Government houses, we are not at war.

Stupid military creations like the SSS and Council of State should have been scrapped or reorganized a long time ago.

Are you for real? The SSS is tasked with the responsibility of protecting the President, too govt officials, and their families. How the hell do you expect them to protect these people if they're not stationed at these places.

I guess the US are at war with the Secret Service permanently stationed at the White House, the British with Police Special Branch at 10 Downing Street, or maybe the Russians with the FSO at the Kremlin. Dude, get real.
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by chelseabmw(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
i can't wait wink
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Eazeee(m): 7:25pm On Apr 17, 2012
i learnt d govt. said anoda commttee wil b set up 2 luk into d report of Orosanya presidential commttee. we re only going round n round. useless con3
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Kilode1: 9:15pm On Apr 17, 2012
ocelot2006:

Are you for real? The SSS is tasked with the responsibility of protecting the President, too govt officials, and their families. How the hell do you expect them to protect these people if they're not stationed at these places.

I guess the US are at war with the Secret Service permanently stationed at the White House, the British with Police Special Branch at 10 Downing Street, or maybe the Russians with the FSO at the Kremlin. Dude, get real.

I was referring to SSS in STATE government houses not FG. SSS protecting Governors or hanging around State government houses is a waste of scarce resources. states not FG.

SSS milling around every State House in Nigeria is an aberration for a federal system. Guard the president and stay with him. States don't need SSS operatives hanging around Government houses, we are not at war.
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by coolgb(m): 9:54pm On Apr 17, 2012
I totally disagree with this report, does duplication of duties also mean ineffectiveness? If it does then the police should be scrapped cos the nigeria army is already doing their job in tackling boko haram. Most of these agencies have defined functions, go and read the mission and vision of frsc, it should be an agency on its own not a department under anybody same for efcc. Let the police face crime and terrorism and stop collecting 20 naira on the highway.
Besides, is it true that oronsaye has a police background.
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by stronger9: 10:22pm On Apr 17, 2012
the other day a friend of mine was arrested by the members of civil defence over issuance of dud cheque. when i came to do gra gra i was shown the law that gave them them the same powers as the police to arrest for every offence. abeg scrap them all. i just pity the staff to be sacked
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Callotti: 12:57am On Apr 18, 2012
About time too!
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Beaf: 1:05am On Apr 18, 2012
Kilode?!:
They need to add SSS and that silly Council Of State to that list.

Stupid military creations like the SSS and Council of State should have been scrapped or reorganized a long time ago.

This is funny, bro.

We run a democracy, not an anarchy.
Any state that does not want federal intelligence agencies around is surely attempting to hide nefarious activities.
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Beaf: 1:14am On Apr 18, 2012
Marven: Its spoken-never-accomplished political thought! Its a good revolutionary idea. But as it were, Nigeria is "corrupt", this cannot be achieve due to the fact that there are people benefiting from the existence of such parastatals that may not want them abolished.
Well, lets watch and see.

That is the crux of the matter. As we have seen from the pension services, there is a lot of scandalous crime in the civil service and ministries. Behind all these things sit all sorts of criminal godfathers, sucking the nation dry.

It will be a tough battle indeed. We can only pray that govt will have the strength and backing to cross all t's and dot all i's.
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by BabaEleko(m): 5:18am On Apr 18, 2012
They should scrap the office of the first lady too. Make that yeye grenade launcher go sit her fat yanssh for one place. Waste of public fund. Umblerra.
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Abagworo(m): 5:50am On Apr 18, 2012
This job replication of a thing in Nigeria is funny. I sometimes ask why Lagos and Rivers cannot fund the traffic police rather than form parallel organizations like LASTMA and TIMARIV?
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by bakila: 8:06am On Apr 18, 2012
saxywale: Long overdue, atleast for once, Jonathan is using his God given intelligence.

To divert our attention?
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by bakila: 8:10am On Apr 18, 2012
kayusbrown: The first step in implementing this reform should be the abolishment of the position od Minister of states, reduction in the number of the president's special advisers and special assistants, 80 percent reduction(if posiible reduction to the level of the civil service since governance should be all about service and not looting as we have it now) in the salaries and emoluments of the President, Ministers, Legislators(legislation should be on part-time basis) and other political appointees. If this first step is taken, the reform will be highly welcomed.
And Political thugs showing up in public places. There are so many of them in fine suit and even on Nairaland all "working" for oga them.
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by 9zeros(m): 8:16am On Apr 18, 2012
scrap NYSC too!!!!!
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 18, 2012
Scrap! Scrap! Scrap! Pls scrap!
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Nobody: 10:07pm On Apr 18, 2012
Those agencies, are they really working? The police force needs attention now than ever before.
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Kilode1: 1:17am On Apr 19, 2012
Beaf:

This is funny, bro.

We run a democracy, not an anarchy.
Any state that does not want federal intelligence agencies around is surely attempting to hide nefarious activities.

Seriously, I see the SSS as a poorly conceived security intel Organization with overbroad powers. It needs better and more specific laws. As It currently stands, It's more like a Gestapo body to me.

If we want a federal police, I welcome that. But a federal secret service with powers stretching into state affairs is over-broad, unnecessary and frankly, dangerous ( we can see evidence of that danger in the ignoble history of our SSS )

Yes, this is supposed to be a democracy, a federation even. SSS should have been scrapped or at least re-organized since 1999.
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Cdspencer(m): 9:36am On Apr 19, 2012
~Bluetooth:

What about Nigeria Police Force ? Aint they supposed to be scrapped too ?
Seconded!
Re: EFCC, ICPC, FRSC, 35 Others To Go by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 19, 2012
Thats a brilliant decision by Goodluck Jonathan, somtimex i wonda what the reason for having more than 1 agencies performing the same function, eg the EFCC and D ICPC, there is absolutely no difference between these two agæncies, so am in total support let them be scrapped out coz they are wasting funds un-necessarily. God bless our Great con3 9ja 4 eva

(1) (2) (Reply)

Court Sends Adamawa Ex-commissioner To 10 Years In Prison For Embezzlement / Bukar Ibrahim's Sex Scandal: Lere Olayinka Blasts Omoyele Sowore / David Ishaku And Dorcas' Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.