Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,174 members, 7,807,556 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs (17172 Views)

A Baby Boy Has Been Born From The World's Oldest Sperm. [photos] / Mother Of Chinese Baby Born With Spina Bifida Seeks Doctors Help / Surgeons Sucessfully Reduce Baby’s Six Legs To Two (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by mridontry(m): 12:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
[img]http://4.bp..com/-hr_GJQXLMmY/T4yui19T6yI/AAAAAAAAV3U/I7rkSII-m0c/s400/16210018.jpg[/img]

Pakistani doctors are battling the odds to save a newborn baby born with a rare genetic condition that has left him with six legs.

The one-week-old boy is believed to be one of parasitic twins.

His conjoined twin was born prematurely and incompletely developed, which resulted in the second child having the extra legs, said Jamal Raza, director of the National Institute of Child Health in Karachi, to News.com.Doctors at the institute are fighting to save the newborn, who remains in an intensive care unit ward. Raza added that they were planning to operate on the boy and were considering asking for help from foreign experts with more experience in the rare disease, believed to afflict just one in one million babies.

He tried to clarify that the baby did not have six legs – he had two legs and the other four belonged to the other twin. 'Operating on such a baby is not an easy task as proper assessments need to be done first,' he said. 'We need to figure out whether the baby has his twin’s limbs or his own. We also need to consider how much the internal organs have developed as the latter could complicate matters and decrease the baby’s chances of surviving.'

Speaking to the news site, the baby's father, Imran Shaikh, made a plea for help from the government and charities.

‘I can’t afford to visit Karachi and get treatment for my baby,’ said the X-ray technician, who earns the equivalent of $66-a-month. ‘I appeal to philanthropists and the government to come forward for the treatment.’

Shaikh and his wife of four years live in Sukkur, around 280 miles north of where his son is being cared for. His wife is reported to be recovering well from the birth and in a good state of health.

His wife - who is also his cousin - has been unable to travel because she had a caesarean section delivery.

He said they were planning on naming their son Umar Farooq.

Source
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by executinal(m): 4:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
Nawaoh shocked shocked
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by Nobody: 4:39pm On Apr 17, 2012
When will they stop jacking their cousins? undecided
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by stepo707: 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2012
Waoh! Gods wonderful creature.
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:43pm On Apr 17, 2012
God is Great!
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by tchaik(m): 4:44pm On Apr 17, 2012
mridontry:
His wife - who is also his cousin - has been unable to travel because she had a caesarean section delivery.
There is your answer doc; INBREEDING!!

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by mcnepow(m): 4:48pm On Apr 17, 2012
michelin89: When will they stop jacking their cousins? undecided

heheheheh

go ask google grin tongue
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by bid4rich(m): 4:58pm On Apr 17, 2012
this boy is too greedy, why wil he collect his twin brother legs, he want to become octopus? Or does he thnk they are sellng them? Ole!

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by Nobody: 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
angry
JideTheBlogger: God is Great!
What do you mean by that? Tseew. . .

Let em get the likes of Ben Carson and the baby might be lucky. Such a sad complication.
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by mcnepow(m): 5:00pm On Apr 17, 2012
bid4rich: this boy is too greedy, why wil he collect his twin brother legs, he want to become octopus? Or does he thnk they are sellng them? Ole!
hahahahahaha! grin

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by Emylexray(m): 5:05pm On Apr 17, 2012
I so wish i can get this picture. Op, can i?
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by sweetcocoa(f): 5:08pm On Apr 17, 2012
He married his cousin,if na here omo it will automatically mean that kid is the punishment for the abomination they have committed.

Hmm,i pray all turns out well for them.

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by tlops(m): 5:17pm On Apr 17, 2012
sweetcocoa: He married his cousin,if na here omo it will automatically mean that kid is the punishment for the abomination they have committed.

what do you think it is. maybe not a punishment but consequence. its more like that such happens with in-breeding.
However, children born of incestous unions have greatly increased risk of death and disability at least in part due to genetic diseases caused by the inbreeding.[6]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incest

2 Likes

Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by Goldieluks: 5:18pm On Apr 17, 2012
Jesus!
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by Aladinn(m): 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2012
Inbreeding gives rise to deleterious genes. Science has shown the way yet some biliv dat you cant be scientific and still biliv in God.
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by kombats: 5:23pm On Apr 17, 2012
wonder shall neva end
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by Nobody: 5:26pm On Apr 17, 2012
sweetcocoa: He married his cousin,if na here omo it will automatically mean that kid is the punishment for the abomination they have committed.

Na 2day people dey Marry cousin... What do u think make those Hausa Fulani so skinny & thin... ( IN-BREEDING)

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by MAKAVELIsociete: 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2012
shocked[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]all of you have good and valid points
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by Akanbi1509(m): 5:33pm On Apr 17, 2012
End of time is near cryEnd of time is near
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by Zi: 5:38pm On Apr 17, 2012
[b][/b]He said they were planning on naming their son Umar Farooq.

Source[/quote]
cheesy
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by sylve11: 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2012
Jehovah! shocked shocked shocked shocked cool
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by passionate88: 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2012
Zi: [b][/b]He said they were planning on naming their son Umar Farooq.

Source
cheesy
Abdulmutallab... hehehehehe grin grin grin grin The guy marry him own coz... JEEZ.
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by NwaNimo1(m): 6:06pm On Apr 17, 2012
The next Usain Bolt - They should name the child 'Hussein Bolt'
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by Ignatio(m): 6:29pm On Apr 17, 2012
Why evils?
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by yommy2sure(m): 6:31pm On Apr 17, 2012
Science say Children born of incestiuos union have risk of things like things and most religeon that i know also forbids such union, we have science nd religeon agreeing and yet ppl still do it? Ignorance or what? Wishing the poor baby all the best in survival
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by Lollysbride: 6:33pm On Apr 17, 2012
He married his cousin,if na here omo it will automatically mean that kid is the punishment for the abomination they have committed.[img]http://www.demama.info/hjk[/img]
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by Ibangap(m): 6:37pm On Apr 17, 2012
who dey talk about endtime here? Person born wit 2 eye dem say endtime, 1 leg endtime. They jus told u y d baby has six legs nd u r shouting endtime. Na ur time na im go end dere u hear. All dis Religious fanatics.
[quote author=Akanbi1509]End of time is near
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by ahmedinho1(m): 6:40pm On Apr 17, 2012
What other name can we give this? A superstitious fellow would say it the work of witches. A scientist would call it Genetic Mutation. Let pregnant women be wary of what they do during pregnancy!
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by juman(m): 6:51pm On Apr 17, 2012
Unfortunate.
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by Sijo01(f): 7:04pm On Apr 17, 2012
Blood of gwad!
Gwad av mericin on ur shedren

1 Like

Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by kemiola89(f): 7:46pm On Apr 17, 2012
end time- irole aiye
Re: Pakistani Baby Boy Born With Six Legs by harakiri(m): 7:48pm On Apr 17, 2012
And they say man was created in "his" image. There much be a mix up somewhere...lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Growth On My Testicles Is This Normal? / Lagos Government Seals Off Houses Lacking Standard Toilets / COVID-19 Update For December 15 2020 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.