Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV (26787 Views)

Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba / Osaze Disses Victor Ikpeba On Twitter / Victor Ikpeba And His Supersport Match Analysis (2) (3) (4)

Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by TheMatrix3: 10:10am On May 02, 2012
Some guys in NL are so d*ft. That messi cannot speak English (which is not even his 2nd language) or that Ikpeba is well paid by SuperSPORTS, is NOT enough reason for him to make a mess of the English Language on International TV! What we are saying is that the Warri Man shd work on his English. Its becoming an embarrassment really
This one really got me reeling:
*Messi is a amazing player, if you try to brought him down in the box, it is a PENARITY shocked shocked shocked
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by olumidazz: 10:41am On May 02, 2012
As long as I can watch the games uninterrupted, I don't give a hoot who is running analysis of the matches, almost all the guys including the presenters make grammatical blunders most times so if supper sport likes let them bring baba sala its their problem and not mine, but let's face facts I really love to see ikpeba on set most time if only 4 the comic side of the analysis. One of such is WALCOTT CAN PICK RACE MORE THAN ASHLEY COLE IN THE MIDDLE OF THE PACK. Laughs ! Laughs! Laugh! Other than that ikpeba is my guy any day anytime.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by ziediolike(m): 12:00pm On May 02, 2012
Maleeq: Oh men! Is this guy good or what? When it comes to grammar and bullets, I wonder who is a greater threat to Nigeria: Him or Dame Patience?

His analysis on super sports, i felt bad on his behalf....after i don laff tire sha! grin

1. Can Wigan maintain d 'temple' of d game?
2. I think they deserve to Lost against Wigan
3. I expect Walcokk to chine

The guy is gifted joor!
lol dis does nt stop him frm smiling 2 d B.A.N.K @ d end of d mth
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by ken4th: 12:02pm On May 02, 2012
make una leave Ikpeba alone jo, must every body be a grammarian, d important thing is dat d massage is passed across. We all know he started football very early dat should tell you he may not have gone far in Academics
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Sike(m): 1:16pm On May 02, 2012
LoL
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by mrbyron(m): 1:37pm On May 02, 2012
English is just one of many languages. your are either fluent, fair or poor in capacity. the french will laugh at you if you tried to speak french. there is no big deal in speaking a language poorly. he may be very proficient in other languages. cut him some slack.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by mamagee3(f): 3:35pm On May 02, 2012
odiaero: You are here crying about his grammer, and he is making his money being employed, and u are unemployed roaming around nairaland gossiping, i wonder if english is what u will eat, or english is ur birth language, tell [size=28pt]messi[/size] to speak english too, nonsense
I know you're trying to make a point but what does he have to do with the conversation? undecided

Were you thinking of football as you were typing your response?
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 02, 2012
A guy makes an analysis for 1 hour and u picked only 4 errors.Its either Ikpeba is very gud or you're very dull.Football analysis is all about ur experience in da game and never ur grammatical experience.Why not advise them to go for Wole Soyinka.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by henboy01(m): 11:22pm On May 02, 2012
Guys,just let the guy be.Or do you guys need a Patric Obayagbon in the supersports studio.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by henboy01(m): 11:26pm On May 02, 2012
The_Matrix: Some guys in NL are so d*ft. That messi cannot speak English (which is not even his 2nd language) or that Ikpeba is well paid by SuperSPORTS, is NOT enough reason for him to make a mess of the English Language on International TV! What we are saying is that the Warri Man shd work on his English. Its becoming an embarrassment really
This one really got me reeling:
*Messi is a amazing player, if you try to brought him down in the box, it is a PENARITY shocked shocked shocked
,.....your opening remarks made you sound like someone who is enlightened.But guy you spoilt it all,Ikpeba is an Edo name.Be certain before you comment.
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by dotna(m): 5:09am On May 03, 2012
Richvkunt: Victor Ikpeba was a great footballer but he certainly is a below average football analyst.
Apart from his poor English and poor pronunciation of words,he fails to be professional in his analysis of football matches.
It is so easy to notice that he is completely biased towards anything concerning Manchester United and totally obsessed with them.
On the other hand his co analyst Segun Agbede is so pro united that the two of them succeed in turning the sports chat segment into a battle between two football fans just lucky to speak into a microphone.
Next season Supersports need to up their game and get professionals to run that segment of the programme,or better leave us to watch the original analysis from the EPL studios abroad.
Right now Victor and Segun are an insult to all premium subscription holders on DSTV.
Whenever they come on I just turn down the volume of my TV set.

So funny ! =))
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by bonetalk(m): 7:56am On May 03, 2012
odiaero: You are here crying about his grammer, and he is making his money being employed, and u are unemployed roaming around nairaland gossiping, i wonder if english is what u will eat, or english is ur birth language, tell messi to speak english too, nonsense
, chei.... U don finish am patapata, if he know, he 4 not create this thread at all
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by EFFRAKATA: 1:30pm On May 03, 2012
Posters, note that Victor Ikpeba spent almost all his professional carrier in France where they speak little or no English. Try him in french and see, if he will not write a novel therein....
Re: Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV by Bofemsky(f): 7:16pm On Jun 22, 2013
odiaero: You are here crying about his grammer, and he is making his money being employed, and u are unemployed roaming around nairaland gossiping, i wonder if english is what u will eat, or english is ur birth language, tell messi to speak english too, nonsense
O lefoyinbo gbowo ni bank ko remember, o pay me ki n ma je wo ki n ma tabon bi ti Victor Ikpeba!(courtesy Baddo)

Wilfred Ndidi Celebrates 100th Appearance For Leicester With A Win / Police Arrests Robbers Who Attacked Ogenyi Onazi's Home In Jos / Lionel Messi Wins 6th Golden Shoe Award (Photos)