Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,556 members, 7,809,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 PM

Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? (26434 Views)

Is Barcelona Reign Coming To An End. / Di Matteo: Refs Favour Man Utd / Why Must D Refs Help Man U Win Matches? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Apr 18, 2012
In recent day,we have all seen the dubious act in which barcelona revolves in by trying to win matches,i really hope it doesn't happen again tonight.In 2009,we saw how 4 penalty appeals which ought to have stood was waivered by the referee(Tom ovrebo),barcelona went on to win this match,the controversy of the milan game in which Ibrahimovich voiced out that he just understood what Mourinho always feel while facing Barcelona,my question is why is Barcelona always favoured by UEFA?,cos Uefa is in charge of the Referes,the whole team plays out like a Genius engaging in Examination malpractice,does this make sense?if the same scenario plays out tonight again,will history repeat itself again tonight?How will you feel as a Football fan?
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by timbros(m): 2:29pm On Apr 18, 2012
2000 Quarter final
Chelsea 3-1 Barcelona
Barcelona 5-1 Chelsea (aet) (Babayaro red
card)
2005 Round of 16
Barcelona 2-1 Chelsea (Drogba red card)
Chelsea 4-2 Barcelona
2006 Round of 16
Chelsea 1-2 Barcelona (Del Horno red card)
Barcelona 1-1 Chelsea
2007 Group Stage
Chelsea 1-0 Barcelona
Barcelona 2-2 Chelsea
2009 Semi Finals
Barcelona 0-0 Chelsea
Chelsea 1-1 Barcelona
10 UEFA Champions league meetings: 3 wins
apiece and 4 draws. . .
Notice that all Barcelona victories has
red cards attached to it, thus the name. . .Uefalona!
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Apr 18, 2012
Of course, referees do favour them. Their mago mago is too much. Barcelona has never won the champions league with clean and clear semi final matches under Pep Guardiola. I pray it doesn't happen again this night.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Apr 18, 2012
barcelona vs ac milaan 2012 - fake penalty
barcelona vs realmdrid 2011 - pepe red card, good higuain's goal disallowed
barcelona vs chelsea - 2009 tom overboo (need i say more)
barcelona vs arsenal - 2010 vanpersie redcard 9for doing nothing)
barcelona vs intermilan (thiago motta) red card. inter atill won

Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by ritux: 2:36pm On Apr 18, 2012
The Barca players are just too good that you can't avoid picking cards when playing against them and that is not going to change today.

I don't think there is any bias in it cause those red card you mention were rightly deserved.

Fine, I agree they were robbed in 2009. So what if Ashley Cole or any other player should show his stud or go with two footed challenge, should he not see red.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Fellywood(m): 2:37pm On Apr 18, 2012
NAAAH, They are just BETTER than Chelsae tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by LailaIkeji1: 2:38pm On Apr 18, 2012
jealousyyyyyy
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by emyworld: 2:43pm On Apr 18, 2012
yes they favour barcelona
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by mukina2: 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2012
yes Yes Yessssssssssss grin

uefalona

they have the best divers in the footballing world too.

[img]http://api.plixi.com/api/tpapi.svc/imagefromurl?size=medium&url=http%3A%2F%2Flockerz.com%2Fs%2F199922337[/img]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by stagger: 2:46pm On Apr 18, 2012
Everyone knows that they are professional cheats and divers.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by badmrkt(m): 2:46pm On Apr 18, 2012
Laila Ikeji: jealousyyyyyy
before i press that your small yansh.oya tell me who dey jealous who?
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2012
ritux: The Barca players are just too good that you can't avoid picking cards when playing against them and that is not going to change today.

I don't think there is any bias in it cause those red card you mention were rightly deserved.

Fine, I agree they were robbed in 2009. So what if Ashley Cole or any other player should show his stud or go with two footed challenge, should he not see red.

red card deserved? wat of all d fake penalties awarded to them? and those that wasnt awarded to the other teams? all d red cards i mentioned, none were deserved. thago motta (busquest dived), van persie (he dis nothing), pepe (uefa just hate jose)

1 Like

Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by mufikings(m): 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2012
ritux: The Barca players are just too good that you can't avoid picking cards when playing against them and that is not going to change today.

Well said..these teams will never learn not to be physical when playing Barca...2009 before the foolish penalty claims...Anelka took a dive in the box area and Abidal was sent off..oh !! they said nothing a 10 man Barca team kept Chelsea inside their own half in their home ground (shameful), and yet they want to claim bias....what is the catch for the referee siding Barca, what is the gain ? what is the conspiracy ? who benefits ? ask yourselves...rubbish this Barca team has given soccer fans the best experience of football not seen in a long time, commend them, and pray your teams get better instead of complaining, 'like John Fashonu ones said ' it takes skill teamwork, focus and a little bit of luck for a great team to be what they are....

1 Like

Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by duality(m): 2:49pm On Apr 18, 2012
when a child comes first in class people will say he was favored by the teacher.

fact is, baca is a very good team. others should wait for their own time. na turn by turn.

i'm not a baca fan. but to say they are winning just because of favoritism is just unfair.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by dabrake(m): 2:49pm On Apr 18, 2012
Temistatics 007: In recent day,we have all seen the dubious act in which barcelona revolves in by trying to win matches,i really hope it doesn't happen again tonight.In 2009,we saw how 4 penalty appeals which ought to have stood was waivered by the referee(Tom ovrebo),barcelona went on to win this match,the controversy of the milan game in which Ibrahimovich voiced out that he just understood what Mourinho always feel while facing Barcelona,my question is why is Barcelona always favoured by UEFA?,cos Uefa is in charge of the Referes,the whole team plays out like a Genius engaging in Examination malpractice,does this make sense?if the same scenario plays out tonight again,will history repeat itself again tonight?How will you feel as a Football fan?
guy, you refused to add motta's red card(barcelona vs inter milan semi finals @ camp nou), pepe's red cars(real madrid vs barcelona semi finals @ santiago bernabeu) and robin van persie's red card. BTW, it was 5 penalty appeals against chelsea and not four. It's on youtube. They are just bunch of rogues
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Javanian: 2:49pm On Apr 18, 2012
Laila Ikeji: jealousyyyyyy
100% correct....Barcelona is the best team in the world no one can debate that...when they were denied 2 clear penalties @ san siro ...Nobody Complained and when the decison goes their way you start opening your dirty mouth....mstcheeww!!:...VISCA EL BARCA JOOOR!!!....
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 18, 2012
barcelona's line up

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Javanian: 2:53pm On Apr 18, 2012
duality: when a child comes first in class people will say he was favored by the teacher.

fact is, baca is a very good team. others should wait for their own time. na turn by turn.

i'm not a baca fan. but to say they are winning just because of favoritism is just unfair.
....Atleast someone is being reasonable Here...
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by oba009(m): 2:57pm On Apr 18, 2012
What of it it happens are u going to crucify UEFA or BACA?

didadavid: Of course, referees do favour them. Their mago mago is too much. Barcelona has never won the champions league with clean and clear semi final matches under Pep Guardiola. I pray it doesn't happen again this night.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by ritux: 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2012
Now all Barca haters should go and on you tube and watch referee's mistake against Barca during Pep's era.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by cashmentor(m): 3:00pm On Apr 18, 2012
Take away Messi, Baca is toothles! Bury Xavi and Iniesta, Messi is Lost and clueless! Hence, these three guys are the Untouchables of World Football! They're no cheats, just favoured! Even Sepp Blater loves them: why won't the refs- or u want them to lose their job? I just pity My Blues today!
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by BigBenoski(m): 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2012
Ovrebo: My errors cost Chelsea in 2009
April 18, 2012

By ESPN staff

Tom Henning Ovrebo, the referee of the controversial Champions League semi-final between Chelsea and Barcelona in 2009, has admitted that he made mistakes in the game that denied the Premier League side a place in the final.

Tom Henning Ovrebo, Didier Drogba
AssociatedDidier Drogba was incensed by the decisions of referee Tom Henning Ovrebo in 2009

Ovrebo found himself at the centre of a firestorm at Stamford Bridge at the end of the second leg three years ago, having rejected four reasonable penalty claims from the home side - then managed by Guus Hiddink - during the 90 minutes, as they eventually went out to Andres Iniesta's last-minute strike.

The Norwegian official was confronted by Michael Ballack and Didier Drogba even before the final whistle, and subsequently received death threats from a section of irate Chelsea fans. Ovrebo has now revealed that he still receives threatening messages, and has admitted that he did not enforce the laws correctly during the game at Stamford Bridge.

"I still get a few death threats, but they go straight into the garbage box. I don't take them seriously, although sometimes I wonder about the people who send them," Ovrebo told The Times. "Just yesterday I got an email from a Chelsea fan saying he wanted to kill me and my family.

"Everyone who knows the laws of the game knows I should have done things differently, but that's the life of a referee. In a strange way, I was actually satisfied with the way we all managed to keep calm in a tense situation."

He added: "On the pitch I did my best. I shouldn't have to apologise as mistakes are part of the game."

Drogba was subsequently given a five-game ban by UEFA for his outburst at the final whistle, with team-mate Jose Bosingwa given a three-game suspension. Ovrebo feels no ill-will towards the Ivorian, however, after the pair reconciled their differences at the disciplinary hearing.

"It was a very challenging match and with the angry scenes after the final whistle it became less enjoyable," Ovrebo noted. "Some players got too emotional and behaved badly, but no one got killed. It's important to put it into perspective.

"It helped me as a referee ... if I can cope with Drogba screaming at me, I can cope with anything - although he's a nice guy, really."

The Blues have the chance to gain revenge on the Spanish club, as they face them in the Champions League semi-finals again this season. The first leg takes place at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1050513/tom-henning-ovrebo:-my-refereeing-errors-cost-chelsea-in-2009?cc=3888
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Kuulnomsy(m): 3:04pm On Apr 18, 2012
Play some pretty football and leave the rest for the match officials, lets face the truth, Barca are awesome football club, they play football just like Spain do(You how i mean), when two teams are playing match and one team is controlling the game while the other is pursuing legs ball around to tackle, what will you do if you are the ref? i think the only player not suited for Barca style is Marcherano (fellow kopites forgive me) grin cos he still play like any other team players.
From a Liverpool fan. cool
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by bigcycs: 3:08pm On Apr 18, 2012
As much as I would love a clean win to barca 2nite ,still I have to say an obvious foul in d box or mean tackle must and will be called . I used 2 imagine success has many friends,beats me how a successful team as FCB has so many haters.just like when a young man makes good money..haters go.."Its his papa money"....na juju he do"...its yahoo yahoo" etc.
Chelsea just got a very controversial goal against tottenham,no complaints!!!.der r times when referee decisions seem 2 favour ManU in d EPL...o dats okay!,when FCB is the subject,.haters go "referee Dey favor them"
Fact is chelsea is a very good side,FCB is d best,if chelsea players get physical as they are akin 2 doing the ref would have 2 call it.same goes for barca players.
FCB will keep winning untill the last of their most unfair and biased critics get skooled..its game on 2nite let the better side win.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Fellywood(m): 3:13pm On Apr 18, 2012
The problem is most haters here watch football in match-centres under the influence of kaikai. @Crusifis talks about uefa hating jose...does real madrid play football? Did you watch what they did with Bayern yesterday?
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Apr 18, 2012
UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2006
BARCELONA VS AC MILAN
Andriy Shevchenko GOAL was disqualified for no reason
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Apr 18, 2012
They are the PDP of soccer....not even Fifa can help!!!!

Something tells me Barcelona share the money won from the competition with brokers of Uefa!
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by mbaemeka(m): 3:19pm On Apr 18, 2012
CAVEAT: I AM NOT A BARCELONA FAN AND I FELT HARD DONE BY WHEN RVP GOT SENT OFF AGAINST THEM LAST YEAR!

But truth be told, this pep guardiolas barca team is on the verge of shattering history-destroying every record before them and dismantling all opposition while at it. True to my word too, they get favoured every now and then but in the balance of every season i believe most big teams do too. For e.g Real madrid used to enjoy such benefits fron referees during their hay days 1997-2003. It balances itself over a long season.

Manchester united have been on the receiving end of some favours lately. but most people fail to recollect that a while back particularly against Newcastle the ref awarded a penalty to Demba ba for something that wasnt worth it. Nobody called Newcastle PDP! also newcastle got some scandalous decisions metted their way when they played arsenal in what turned out to be a historic 4-4 draw. How that erratic Joey Barton stayed on and the two penalties plus the disallowment of RVPs neat goal capped a satanic-duplicitous day at the office for Phil Dowd. Referees do have their preferences whilst some just make careless mistakes.

As for chelsea nobody needs to mention how they have benefited from refereeing decisions especially in this present season. The goal awarded mata in the FA Cup semi final and the two "disgusting" goals against Wigan went unnoticed. These things happen.

I know barca got a life line when the referee refused to give penalties for glaring fouls in the eighteen yard box against chelsea but that was not enough reason for anelka and co to fluff the chances they had when it afforded itself. Plus they defended shamelessly and kept howling at the referee (a cause that ultimately didnt help their cause). Football should be played more sensularly than muscularly. I know the latter is the approach Di matteo is going to take but it invariably is going to be his undoing. If messi is brought down in the eighteen yard box or cesc fabregas the ref would be obliged to award the kick.

I wish chelsea all the best but their task is alot more difficult than finding the depth of the mariana trench.
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by sholatech(m): 3:23pm On Apr 18, 2012
The only reason I do not believe Barca are favored by referees is simply because there are also LOADs of referee decisions against them that affected them:wrong penalties against them, many goals ruled as offsides. It is just a propaganda started by Murinho(who doesn't believe anyone wins him without referee assistance)!
In Spanish Liga, this year we saw messi and sanchez goals against osasuna and getafe ruled as offside. This year we saw messi getting 5 yellow cards, even when they were trailing Real Madrid. In the said Chelsea match of 2009, Anelka dived and Barca given Red Card. Thierry Henry was pulled down with two hands in the box and same referee did not give Barca a penalty kick.
Is it Man United or Chelsea that have not overwhelmingly benefitted from referee decisions? In recent weeks, we have seen clear red cards against Real Madrid not awarded, even penalties against them not awarded. But because its not against Jose Murinho, you won't hear such noise.
Ashley Young's Dive still fresh on our minds, Di Maria of Real Madrid is king of diving, Chelsea's goal against Tottenham still attracting goal-line technology; Barca got knocked out by an offside goal scored by Milito. Jose Murinho's Porto had Deco bring down a player that should have been a clear red card not given. So which club has not benefitted from wrong referee decision?
It is just cheap excuses and an orchestrated champaign championed and spread by Jose Murinho who's bitter Barca did not engage me.

I agree referees make mistakes, but it is to all CLUBs, not just Barca. Let's stop insulting Uefa, Fifa, Spanish FA or English FA. They are not fools; these guys run institutions over the years. And if it is money needed to influence referees, then Chelsea, Man United, real madrid, Man City, Malaga etc will be winning all the titles!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by Geeweeny(m): 3:31pm On Apr 18, 2012
mba emeka: CAVEAT: I AM NOT A BARCELONA FAN AND I FELT HARD DONE BY WHEN RVP GOT SENT OFF AGAINST THEM LAST YEAR!

But truth be told, this pep guardiolas barca team is on the verge of shattering history-destroying every record before them and dismantling all opposition while at it. True to my word too, they get favoured every now and then but in the balance of every season i believe most big teams do too. For e.g Real madrid used to enjoy such benefits fron referees during their hay days 1997-2003. It balances itself over a long season.

Manchester united have been on the receiving end of some favours lately. but most people fail to recollect that a while back particularly against Newcastle the ref awarded a penalty to Demba ba for something that wasnt worth it. Nobody called Newcastle PDP! also newcastle got some scandalous decisions metted their way when they played arsenal in what turned out to be a historic 4-4 draw. How that erratic Joey Barton stayed on and the two penalties plus the disallowment of RVPs neat goal capped a satanic-duplicitous day at the office for Phil Dowd. Referees do have their preferences whilst some just make careless mistakes.

As for chelsea nobody needs to mention how they have benefited from refereeing decisions especially in this present season. The goal awarded mata in the FA Cup semi final and the two "disgusting" goals against Wigan went unnoticed. These things happen.

I know barca got a life line when the referee refused to give penalties for glaring fouls in the eighteen yard box against chelsea but that was not enough reason for anelka and co to fluff the chances they had when it afforded itself. Plus they defended shamelessly and kept howling at the referee (a cause that ultimately didnt help their cause). Football should be played more sensularly than muscularly. I know the latter is the approach Di matteo is going to take but it invariably is going to be his undoing. If messi is brought down in the eighteen yard box or cesc fabregas the ref would be obliged to award the kick.

I wish chelsea all the best but their task is alot more difficult than finding the depth of the mariana trench.
at lst smpipl stl say d truth in dz 4ckd up wrld,mayb u shud av watchd laliga dz seasn 2 knw who d ref wia against
Re: Why Is Barcelona Always Favoured By Refs? by MrTA(m): 3:36pm On Apr 18, 2012
Well no. Only fans of weaker teams believe this. Refs are human so they make mistakes. When you are losing you will always like to believe its because of the ref. Which is complete nonsense. but if it lets you sleep better at night feel free to believe it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Aston Villa (3 - 2) On 26th December 2023 / Lille Vs Chelsea : UCL (1 - 2) On 2nd October 2019 / West Brom Vs Arsenal (0 - 4) On 2nd January 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.