Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,946 members, 7,806,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj (12124 Views)

Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records / Video: Lets Get This Party STARted - Wizkid, D’Banj, M.I, 2face, Tiwa Savage / Where To Buy Soul Funk Disco Records In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by killuminati(m): 4:54pm On Apr 20, 2012
free2ryhme: dbanj na name of fowl or goat
No be goat, no be fowl but, na shicken! Shikena!!!
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by killuminati(m): 4:56pm On Apr 20, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Dbanj is getting blessed and y'all are stressing yourself ? cheesy cheesy
you're right, getting blessed by the lucifer!!!
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by killuminati(m): 4:59pm On Apr 20, 2012
chucky234: I have been wondering what genre of music Dbanj will record in the US and UK,because as far as I know Oliver Twist kind of sound will certainly not appeal to vast majority of US/UK fans.
Signing contract is one thing staying relevant and bringing returns to your record label is another,let wait as time will tell.
shut the bleep up and face reality ni88a!! Have you seen and heard Jay Z's Watch The Throne?? Illuminati is daamn real! Gedit in your dumb skull!!!!!! There was even a track titled 'no church in the wild' go hear am' wawa kawai!!!
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by Oluwa4Sure: 5:03pm On Apr 20, 2012
Alot of people don't know what they have then - but them dey use it!
Take the best quality of time that you have now - Quickly use it!!!!
Dont let BABA GOD take the talent away, b'cos U misuse it, or abuse!
Or Maybe you simply refuse it!!

Me I go dance, for all my men wey dey underground!!!! To "re-understand"

Own Gbona Felifeli
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by Nobody: 5:04pm On Apr 20, 2012
chucky234: I have been wondering what genre of music Dbanj will record in the US and UK,because as far as I know Oliver Twist kind of sound will certainly not appeal to vast majority of US/UK fans.
Signing contract is one thing staying relevant and bringing returns to your record label is another,let wait as time will tell.

Abi oh. Na today dem begin sign contract? This guy has lost the plot completely. When one starts getting too big for his britches, it doesn't take too long before he comes crashing down like a pack of poorly arranged cards. It's funny how he has chosen to arrogantly alienate his previously HUGE African fan-base in search of elusive international stardom. What nonsense does he hope to sing that would appeal to more than a few thousands of UK/American audiences? How is that better than appealing to MILLIONS of Nigerians and Africans? He who the gods want to destroy, they first make mad.

Let's wait and see. By this time next year, his fate might be worse than that of Blackface. Afterall, the bigger they are, the harder they fall.
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by passionate88: 5:06pm On Apr 20, 2012
Nice one
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by bringdmoney: 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2012
Hmmmmmmm! Dbanj don shoot catapult ooooo! Wetin d guy use pass don jazzy nw, big pass eko!
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by basher(m): 5:15pm On Apr 20, 2012
killuminati: shut the bleep up and face reality ni88a!! Have you seen and heard Jay Z's Watch The Throne?? Illuminati is daamn real! Gedit in your dumb skull!!!!!! There was even a track titled 'no church in the wild' go hear am' wawa kawai!!!

You're barking up the wrong tree mate!
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by sirxris(m): 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2012
up dbanj, he's just trying to keep his flag still flying, gys. but i wul kly it more if he should reconcile with don baba j.
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by sirxris(m): 5:35pm On Apr 20, 2012
@basher, stop all these nonsense illumonati stuff and appreciate God's great works with people
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by killuminati(m): 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2012
basher:

You're barking up the wrong tree mate!
sorry bro, it wasn't meant here! I dnt knw why it was diverted here. Your own head is there. Peace!
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by DukeNija(m): 6:06pm On Apr 20, 2012
Good move. I think when two business partners can no longer work together or compromise their goals, they should amicably separate. Good luck Dbanj. More power to your ambition. wink
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by nex(m): 6:08pm On Apr 20, 2012
In spite of the recent rift with his erstwhile producer, Michael Collins, one of Nigeria's top artistes, Dapo Oyebanjo, more popularly known as D'Banj, has inked a deal with Mercury Records in the United Kingdom. It is worth mentioning that D'Banj originally pursued a musical career whilst in the UK more than a decade ago, alongside JJC & 419 squad, but he decided to come back to Nigeria, to organically give his brand of Afro Pop proper roots.

This recent record deal in no way nullifies his ongoing signing with Kanye West's G.O.O.D Music. It can indeed be mentioned that the G.O.O.D Music CEO facilitated this new deal with parent company, Island/DefJam's UK partners.

This signing will pave a way for artists on the Mo' Hits label to also be featured on music to be distributed in Nigeria, the U.S.A, and now, the UK, and Europe as a whole. These are definitely interesting times for the Nigerian music industry, and D'Banj and his Mo' Hits Records crew have paved the way for various artists in Nigeria, the U.S.A and Europe to go into lucrative MOUs and Record Deals, as recently seen with Konvict/EME.

http://verdantchronicles.com/entertainment/extratainment/2545-mo-hits-boss-dbanj-has-signed-a-new-record-deal-with-uks-mercury-records.html

Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by ZUBY77(m): 6:14pm On Apr 20, 2012
Getting closer to illuminati
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 20, 2012
Pain: What's all this shiit about the illumantti? What do u guys know about the illuminatti? U guys don't know shiit! The illuminatti is all about enlightenment. People keep associating a bunch of no good dumb azz record label owners to the imx. Its just plain bullshit because the imx won't even touch those niggaz with a 40mile pole!

Trash talk
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by ajanaku2(m): 6:34pm On Apr 20, 2012
I'm not a Fan of D'Banj...I've never been...I think He's a Bit'ch-A'ss Nigger. I also think He sings for Bit'ch-A'ss Niggers like most of you here on Nairaland...But to all you Motherf'uckers condemning the Guy for leaving Mo'Hits for a better and more lucrative Deal, F'uc'k you all! Let the Guy be! He needs to step up his Career...and I'm very sure He'd produce better Hits even without Don Jazzy. There are a lot of better Producers out there!...far better than Don Jazzy!...

About the Illuminati sh'it most of you gullible Nitwits think he has joined...You can all hug Transformers...I think this Life's too short to be unnecessarily and cautiously Pious!

D'Banj, Jeun Ori e lo jo, Omo Iya!...

1 Like

Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by Depot(m): 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2012
Not suprised @ all.
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by Abagworo(m): 7:05pm On Apr 20, 2012
As far as Nigerian music is concerned, D'Banj is over. I hope he can make it in UK or end up like his friends JJC and 419 squad.
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by Nobody: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2012
Abagworo: As far as Nigerian music is concerned, D'Banj is over. I hope he can make it in UK or end up like his friends JJC and 419 squad.
STFU. Go and drink akamu. Olodo
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by MrGlobe(m): 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2012
Call all the dumb people now agree dbanj was never signed to GOOD MUSIC. Dumb Nigerians got played. And associating dbaj with illuminati is stupid. Illuminati is for the worlds powerful not for an artist who is barely known beyond africa. Barely only applies to uk
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by August21(m): 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2012
I don't kn why evry1 is taking sides wit eida dbanj or don j...both of dem av nt come out officially to say dis is wats goin on or not and every1 incl. Dose who don't kn anytn abt MUSIC ar evrywhr wishing Dbanj evil...and hopin he doesn't do well... Well, thank God dat God doesn't think like a Man...he blesses whoeva he wants to bless. I believe wat we shd do regardless of rumors on ground is to rally round dbanj and wish him well as he goes in2 da int'l stage to rep naija... The guy is breaking records evryday...I certainly WISH him da Best!!! -----August21
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by Nobody: 8:05pm On Apr 20, 2012
Mr. Globe:
Call all the dumb people now agree dbanj was never signed to GOOD MUSIC. Dumb Nigerians got played. And associating dbaj with illuminati is stupid. Illuminati is for the worlds powerful not for an artist who is barely known beyond africa. Barely only applies to uk

Jealousy trait... Kanye West is also signed to Mercury Records in the UK - and Young Jeezy, who is signed to DefJam in America, is also signed to Mercury Records in the UK... The hatred for anything Yoruba, will drive some of you guys nuts very soon... lipsrsealed

You guys can keep posting your insecurities, but Dbanj is still the biggest artist out of Nigeria - no other Nigerian artist gets airplay on UK urban radio stations, except Dbanj...

Haters are gonna hate.. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by hamsky: 8:06pm On Apr 20, 2012
lets see who signs don Jazzy
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by August21(m): 8:13pm On Apr 20, 2012
pro01:

Abi oh. Na today dem begin sign contract? This guy has lost the plot completely. When one starts getting too big for his britches, it doesn't take too long before he comes crashing down like a pack of poorly arranged cards. It's funny how he has chosen to arrogantly alienate his previously HUGE African fan-base in search of elusive international stardom. What nonsense does he hope to sing that would appeal to more than a few thousands of UK/American audiences? How is that better than appealing to MILLIONS of Nigerians and Africans? He who the gods want to destroy, they first make mad.

Let's wait and see. By this time next year, his fate might be worse than that of Blackface. Afterall, the bigger they are, the harder they fall.
Thank God say Man no be God!!!!
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by MrGlobe(m): 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2012
shymmex:

Jealousy trait... Kanye West is also signed to Mercury Records in the UK - and Young Jeezy, who is signed to DefJam in America, is also signed to Mercury Records in the UK... The hatred for anything Yoruba, will drive some of you guys nuts very soon... lipsrsealed

You guys can keep posting your insecurities, but Dbanj is still the biggest artist out of Nigeria - no other Nigerian artist gets airplay on UK urban radio stations, except Dbanj...

DBanj was NEVER signed to GOOD Music you silly tribalist with your red oil brain. Go to GOOD MUSIC's website and show me Dbanjs name there... am waiting. While will I hate an artist who is neither a singer or a rapper? Is that the best yoruba can offer? Oliver twist is hot today because of an Igbo mans production. Always stealing credits
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by MrGlobe(m): 8:33pm On Apr 20, 2012
shymmex:

DBanj was NEVER signed to GOOD Music you silly tribalist with your red oil brain. Go to GOOD MUSIC's website and show me Dbanjs name there... am waiting. While will I hate an artist who is neither a singer nor a rapper? Is that the best yoruba can offer? Oliver twist is hot today because of an Igbo mans production. Always stealing credits
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by Tedpgrass: 8:54pm On Apr 20, 2012
Good luck to Dbanj.

Waiting to hear great hits from Don Jazzy n his crew

Don J....
amidst all this wahala, Abeg produce more hits jare, make we dance without fear.
Maybe its also time to consider getting artists along the West n Central African
regions on board creating nice collaborations/ fusion.

Hurry ooo! Don J
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by eraby: 9:09pm On Apr 20, 2012
Na monkey name :-XNa monkey name
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by airmark(m): 9:20pm On Apr 20, 2012
Mr. Globe:

DBanj was NEVER signed to GOOD Music you silly tribalist with your red oil brain. Go to GOOD MUSIC's website and show me Dbanjs name there... am waiting. While will I hate an artist who is neither a singer or a rapper? Is that the best yoruba can offer? Oliver twist is hot today because of an Igbo mans production. Always stealing credits

You must have inhaled generator exhaust in excess.

2 Likes

Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by silibaba: 9:55pm On Apr 20, 2012
ajanaku2: I'm not a Fan of D'Banj...I've never been...I think He's a Bit'ch-A'ss Nigger. I also think He sings for Bit'ch-A'ss Niggers like most of you here on Nairaland...But to all you Motherf'uckers condemning the Guy for leaving Mo'Hits for a better and more lucrative Deal, F'uc'k you all! Let the Guy be! He needs to step up his Career...and I'm very sure He'd produce better Hits even without Don Jazzy. There are a lot of better Producers out there!...far better than Don Jazzy!...

About the Illuminati sh'it most of you gullible Nitwits think he has joined...You can all hug Transformers...I think this Life's too short to be unnecessarily and cautiously Pious!javascript:void(0);

D'Banj, Jeun Ori e lo jo, Omo Iya!...

fooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool angry
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by HIPROFILE(m): 10:40pm On Apr 20, 2012
hahahaha l laf in spanish people dont just understand d whole jek DB is seen as an instrument to get nija artists to d circle of IL but his brodas @ mohitz has refused to go wit him or were not invited too so people stop disturdn ur selves all u av to do is to bid hm farewell
Re: Mercury Records In The UK Signs D’banj by KINGwax(m): 11:02pm On Apr 20, 2012
Ijogz K: Are you Durella in disguise, trying to seek for attention and patronage? undecided
do i need to answer that dude?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Meaning Of Bobo Me Song By Ada / Do Me Vs Kukere - Which Was The Bigger HIT In Nigeria & Across Africa? / ALAT By Wema Launches "Sounds Of ALAT"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.