Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK (14674 Views)

Photo Of The Nigerian Undergraduate Jailed For 24yrs For N25m Internet Scam / Nigerian Man Gets Life In Jail For Murder In UK (photo) / Update On Adaobi Obih's Murder - Roommate Wanted For Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by BlackBaron: 4:38pm On Apr 20, 2012
Four Nigerian Youths Jailed For British Teenager's Murder EDITED

angry angry

Three men have been jailed for at least 18 years each for murdering a 15-year-old schoolboy at a tube station.

Sofyen Belamouadden was stabbed nine times after pupils from two rival schools clashed at Victoria station in central London in March 2010.

Obi Nwokeh, 19, Christopher Omoregrie, 18, and Samson Odegbune, 18, were given life sentences at the Old Bailey and told they must serve a minimum of 18 years. They were ordered to serve concurrent eight-year detention sentences for conspiracy to cause grievous bodily harm.

The judge, Christopher Moss, said the "ferocious and merciless attack" took place in front of horrified commuters. "You gathered together for the purpose of serious mass violence in a busy public place at the height of the rush hour," he said.

Moss was sentencing eight people found guilty of various offences during a series of trials. He said the 12-second attack on Sofyen had followed a minor confrontation the day before between pupils of two west London schools in the food area of Victoria station.

After messages by text and on Facebook, pupils from the defendants' school armed themselves with knives and a samurai sword, expecting the other group to attack their school. But the confrontation came at Victoria when pupils from Sofyen's school were charged by teenagers led by Odegbune holding the sword.

A breakaway group chased Sofyen into the tube ticket office area and kicked, stabbed and struck him with other weapons as travellers watched in disbelief. The judge said the youths had shown no remorse and had not acknowledged responsibility for the death.

Earlier, Sofyen's father, Abdeslan, 51, said his son had been a promising footballer who dreamed of playing for England. "He was a star in the making. He was an outstanding all-round player. He was born and bred in London and often talked of his ambition to represent England in the World Cup final."

He said in an impact statement that Sofyen's death had left his family devastated. "I have no wish to inflict revenge on the culprits but Sofyen, whose life was tragically cut short, would expect justice to take its course. I often think of the suffering he must have gone through, that he was set upon with such savagery and why I was not there to protect him," he said.

Sofyen's mother, Naima Belamouadden, said: "I hope the memory of what they did to my son lives with them every day as it lives with me."

Adonis Akra, 18, Samuel Roberts, 19, and Femi Oderinwale, 18, were found guilty of manslaughter and given 12 years' detention each. Victoria Osoteku, 19, the only woman charged in connection with the death, was also found guilty of manslaughter and will be sentenced next week. Tyrone Richards, 17, and Enoch Amoah, 19, were found guilty of conspiracy to commit GBH and were sentenced to seven years' detention.

The defendants, all from west London, were among 20 pupils charged in connection with the attack. Four youths were earlier sentenced to two years' detention after pleading guilty to violent disorder. Three have been cleared of all charges and four others are still to be tried.

1 Like

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by BlackBaron: 4:39pm On Apr 20, 2012

1 Like

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by beatricewebb: 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2012
igbo pple with their killing habit when will they stop?
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by r231(m): 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2012
undecided
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 20, 2012
Seriously, a lot of Nigerian parents in the UK are doing a very bad job of taking care of their wards.

Until I returned to Nigeria a few months ago my parents called almost every night to make sure we were all home and doing fine. . . . .

Da hell did these kids learn to carry weapons with the intention of hurting someone else? Can't put my finger round it. The british system does not help in the slighest. This is just crazy! Simply crazy!

3 Likes

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by justwise(m): 5:19pm On Apr 20, 2012
I really hope those animals die in prison, they shouldn't be released under any circumstance.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2012
I'm sure they are from Aba,Nnewi and Imo respectively.fu'cking murderers !
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 5:20pm On Apr 20, 2012
I don't understand this British legal system. Full of crap. Ibori was jailed 13 years for a money laundering charge that is of no use to the UK itself, and here we have proven cold-blooded killers being slapped in the wrist with a mere 18 years and less! These useless animals should be sentenced to DEATH, or at the very least jailed for LIFE without possibility of parole. I don't care how young they are, or how their age precludes them from maximum punishment. That was someone's child they killed deliberately and mercilessly. If I was the dead child's parent I would send a hit squad after them and their families, that's for sure.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by justwise(m): 5:21pm On Apr 20, 2012
beatrice webb: igbo pple with their killing habit when will they stop?

You brain dead fool, this is not about tribe, as you can see there are other tribes involved, its a Nigerian issue and not tribe

3 Likes

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by pdpiperpippen: 5:25pm On Apr 20, 2012
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by pdpiperpippen: 5:27pm On Apr 20, 2012
Ur ynash no get hole! I see say shyit don block ur brain na y u no dey reason well u child of a dog
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by pdpiperpippen: 5:28pm On Apr 20, 2012
~Bluetooth:

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by pdpiperpippen: 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2012
U child of a LovePeddler! A product of an ape and a whoring mother, may that mouth of urs forever be stuffed with shyit! Idiot!
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Cuteobi(f): 5:34pm On Apr 20, 2012

Bloody tribalist!!!
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by PeeBee: 5:34pm On Apr 20, 2012
These kids just ruined their lives *smh*
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by AustineE1: 5:36pm On Apr 20, 2012
if this is all you ve to say,then you are worst than the murderers!from your unguided utterance,its obvious you cant even comprehend when you read an elementary story...i guess, the only name mentioned was that of the ibo guy!you frustrated fool!btw thanks to the British system that brought justice to all the offenders!

1 Like

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 20, 2012
its funny how the OP wrote: "Three Nigerian Youths Jailed For British Teenager's Murder" , while the article NEVER mentioned that they were NIGERIANS or that the stabbed person was BRITISH,lol! is he a psychic? does he know something we dont?! NONSENSE!!!

the OP should have written 3 BRITISH TEENAGER STABBED BRITISH MAN.

Nigerians and their inferiority complex!!!!!!
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by babaowo: 5:40pm On Apr 20, 2012
Cuteobi:

Bloody tribalist!!!
... Bloody killer's squad!!! lol
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by beatricewebb: 5:40pm On Apr 20, 2012
@justwise,u better be careful an know who an who to retaliate,is it not not igbo pple that dominates "money ritual" in this our beloved country? Okija shrine,clifford orji etc where are they from,u think UK is nigeria where u can carry out all sorts of evil act an get away with it? Just as your brother ibori did,thanks to the british for curbing the ANIMALISTIC behaviour of the igbo pple!
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by justwise(m): 5:46pm On Apr 20, 2012
beatrice webb: @justwise,u better be careful an know who an who to retaliate,is it not not igbo pple that dominates "money ritual" in this our beloved country? Okija shrine,clifford orji etc where are they from,u think UK is nigeria where u can carry out all sorts of evil act an get away with it? Just as your brother ibori did,thanks to the british for curbing the ANIMALISTIC behaviour of the igbo pple!

Your stup[i]idity[/i] is beyond redemption, so ibori is now an Igbo man? What made you think that all the names mentioned in this article are all igbos? [i]Moro[/i]ns like you can't stop making fool of themselves.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by babaowo: 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2012
I think best place to train our children is nigeria,especially if they are under age.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Kilode1: 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2012
Seriously, a lot of Nigerian parents in the UK are doing a very bad job of taking care of their wards.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Akpunwa(f): 5:49pm On Apr 20, 2012
You guys shouldn't have given that re.ta.rd.ed tribalist's comment light of day.
To the post, I weep for the wasted youth of these ones, I weep for their parents!
May the Lord save us from such experience.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by BlackBaron: 6:01pm On Apr 20, 2012
MRbrownJAY: its funny how the OP wrote: "Three Nigerian Youths Jailed For British Teenager's Murder" , while the article NEVER mentioned that they were NIGERIANS or that the stabbed person was BRITISH,lol! is he a psychic? does he know something we dont?! NONSENSE!!!

the OP should have written 3 BRITISH TEENAGER STABBED BRITISH MAN.

Nigerians and their inferiority complex!!!!!!

This was a well circulated story in the UK. The murdered teen was set upon by a group of teenagers in full view of returning commuters near a train station. The youths involved were clearly British citizens of Nigerian descent. Only highlighting this for the benefit of diasporan parents.

Nowt to do with inferiority complex.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by niddamugu(m): 6:02pm On Apr 20, 2012
OMO IBO: Seriously, a lot of Nigerian parents in the UK are doing a very bad job of taking care of their wards.

Until I returned to Nigeria a few months ago my parents called almost every night to make sure we were all home and doing fine. . . . .

Da hell did these kids learn to carry weapons with the intention of hurting someone else? Can't put my finger round it. The british system does not help in the slighest. This is just crazy! Simply crazy!

well said.

The system over there has little or no compatibility with the typical African (Nigerian) setting. Most people who relocate there have the sole intention of making the money and once that has consumed their minds every other thing is meaningless. These children imbibe what they are exposed to and "wysiwyg"
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Csami(m): 6:14pm On Apr 20, 2012
beatrice webb: @justwise,u better be careful an know who an who to retaliate,is it not not igbo pple that dominates "money ritual" in this our beloved country? Okija shrine,clifford orji etc where are they from,u think UK is nigeria where u can carry out all sorts of evil act an get away with it? Just as your brother ibori did,thanks to the british for curbing the ANIMALISTIC behaviour of the igbo pple!
Honestly, u're a fool. U're a fool of the first order. A confused fool and i know your generation produce fools like you. Bloody fool.

2 Likes

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Nobody: 6:15pm On Apr 20, 2012
OMO IBO: Seriously, a lot of Nigerian parents in the UK are doing a very bad job of taking care of their wards.

Unfortunately tragedies like this have now become a recurring decimal, because so many Nigeria parents simply do not understand what it takes to raise a (male) child in Britain.
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by PROUDIGBO(m): 6:34pm On Apr 20, 2012
~Bluetooth:

^^^Believe me you don't wanna go there, fuckin/g Arrow. There's only one Igbo name there, yet all you see is IGBO. Check the names of ALL in the posse and see if you don't see names from other Nigerian ethnicities there.

Just last week in London, Three boys were sentenced to life for the shooting of a poor little girl that left her disabled- the Nigerian boy wasn't Igbo. Also,two weeks ago a Nigerian boy was sentenced to life again for the death of the son of a Ghanaian sports Journalist working with BEN TV- he wasn't Igbo too.

Glass houses, remember?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=kwame%20asare%20sentencing&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CGMQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-england-london-17576086&ei=y5yRT86qJYWq0QXnq9X4AQ&usg=AFQjCNFfYIHi-ooBu0p1OU7MEl8aXgx61w

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=thusha%20sentencing&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CEoQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.sky.com%2Fhome%2Fuk-news%2Farticle%2F16211847&ei=kp2RT-rEC-KJ0AXG7-zjAQ&usg=AFQjCNEjGHt8RQCDhvwdb-NHri6wTsezEQ
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by iykay4455(m): 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2012
PROUD-IGBO:

^^^Believe me you don't wanna go there, fuckin/g Arrow. There's only one Igbo name there, yet all you see is IGBO. Check the names of ALL in the posse and see if you don't see names from other Nigerian ethnicities there.

Just last week in London, Three boys were sentenced to life for the shooting of a poor little girl that left her disabled- the Nigerian boy wasn't Igbo. Also,two weeks ago a Nigerian boy was sentenced to life again for the death of the son of a Ghanaian sports Journalist working with BEN TV- he wasn't Igbo too.

Glass houses, remember?

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=kwame%20asare%20sentencing&source=web&cd=9&ved=0CGMQFjAI&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fnews%2Fuk-england-london-17576086&ei=y5yRT86qJYWq0QXnq9X4AQ&usg=AFQjCNFfYIHi-ooBu0p1OU7MEl8aXgx61w

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=thusha%20sentencing&source=web&cd=6&ved=0CEoQFjAF&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.sky.com%2Fhome%2Fuk-news%2Farticle%2F16211847&ei=kp2RT-rEC-KJ0AXG7-zjAQ&usg=AFQjCNEjGHt8RQCDhvwdb-NHri6wTsezEQ
PROUD-IGBO:

Glass houses, remember?

PROUD-IGBO:

Glass houses, remember?

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by iykay4455(m): 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2012

You are a bloody waste of sper.m.It's a pity that the moderators are as tribalistic as you are.I don't expect them to do anything about this trash you are spewing.This is why www.naijapals.com is a better site than nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by Commander12: 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2012
[img]http://www.crzxy.info/abs[/img]
Re: Obi Nwokeh, Christopher Omoregrie & Samson Odegbune Jailed For Murder In UK by basher(m): 7:05pm On Apr 20, 2012
Hmmm. Attack is the best form of defense.

The OP New that sooner or later the story of the Nigerian teens involved in maiming the little Asian girl in London & killing the Ghanaian may be debated here, so he fired the first salvo.

Besides, its been a slow week. Traffic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Gunmen Kill Director Of Dangote Cement Plant In Ethiopia / EndSARS: Our Youth Must Be Protected - Obafemi Hamzat / Yahoo Boy Into Dating Scam Bags 16 Months Jail Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.