Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders (22404 Views)

Gej's 2015 Ambition Will Lead To Civil War / Sir Mr. President GEJ, Its Time To Shelve Your 2015 Ambition / APC Bars Buhari From Commenting On His 2015 Ambition At A Press Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by oneeast: 12:13pm On Apr 21, 2012
As the debate on the eligibility of President Goodluck Jonathan to contest the 2015 presidential election continues to heat up the polity, two northern leaders have warned that the crisis the re-election bid will cause is capable of breaking up the country. As a result, they want President Jonathan to apply caution and remain committed to his publicly declared campaign promise not to contest the next election in his interest and that of the nation.

Outspoken former governor of Kaduna State, Alhaji Lawal Kaita and controversial National Vice Chairman of the pro-North socio-political organization, Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, Senator Joseph Kennedy Waku, who gave the words of caution, spoke against the backdrop of recent actions and comments credited to the president, the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and some South-South leaders.

Both President Jonathan and the PDP had, in two separate affidavits filed at a Federal Capital Territory High Court, Abuja earlier this week argued that Jonathan is eligible to contest the 2015 presidential election based on provisions of the 1999 constitution. Their position was in response to a suit filed by a chieftain of the PDP, Cyriacus Njoku, who is seeking an order of the court to stop President Jonathan from contesting the 2015 presidential election on the grounds that he can’t take the oath of office three times, since he “first took an oath of office as substantive president on May 6, 2010 and took a second oath as President on May 29, 2011.”
The party and the president’s position is coming on the heels of recent comments by two of his prominent kinsmen; first republic information minister, Chief Edwin Clark and leader of the Niger Delta Peoples Volunteer Force, Asari Dokubo, stating that President Jonathan must be allowed to remain in office beyond 2015.

Northern leaders, who believe these actions and comments are too suggestive to be ignored, have therefore, been shooting from all angles. Expressing his displeasure over the suspected ambition of President Jonathan, 79-year-old former governor of Kaduna State, Lawal Kaita warned the president not to venture into the 2015 race.

“All I want to say is: I will advise him (Jonathan) not to contest,” he declared, in a brief interview.
On his part, Senator Waku, who called from his base in Washington DC, USA, to add his voice to the raging debate, warned: “President Jonathan should not even contemplate making any move to contest the 2015 election because such will be dishonourable, immoral, satanic and catastrophic.”
He added: “Those who are close to the president, if they like him at all, should warn him not to do things that can break up this country and put him on the sad notes of history. Instead of running campaign errands for him now, they should urge him to tackle daunting challenges facing the nation, such as insecurity, high unemployment, poor power supply and lack of food for the masses. These are the things he owes millions of our people whose votes were either given to him or stolen during the last election.”

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/newsonthehour/2012/apr/21/newsbreak-21-04-2012-001.html

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by oneeast: 12:17pm On Apr 21, 2012
I think north should be more concerned with poor state of security caused by moslems and unbearable poverty in their region instead of venturing into power once more. After ruling Nigeria for over 38years they still do not have anything to show for it, instead they became poorer than any region in Africa. The abokis like IBB, Atiku, Ciroma and Buhari should hide their faces in shame for bringing this burden to their norther people.

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by belovedaja(m): 5:35pm On Apr 21, 2012
Is joseph waku a northerner. Let nigeria break up. Wetin sef
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by SamIkenna: 6:00pm On Apr 21, 2012
If one man's ambition is capable of breaking a country then that country shouldn't be one in the first place. lets say Nigeria is about 160 million, which means 160 million different kinds, shapes, colors, and sizes of ambition. If GEJ's ambition can break up 160 million different kinds, then maybe we shouldn't have crammed 160 million heads together.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Mowire: 6:02pm On Apr 21, 2012
Beyond the sentiments if GEJ indeed decides to contest in 2015 in 2015 he will be the most dishonest & morally bankrupt president we've had in Nigeria.

We all heard him severally publicly declare, pre-election, that he will only run for 1 term. A head of state should not be a BRAZEN LIAR.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by SamIkenna: 8:21pm On Apr 21, 2012
Mowire: Beyond the sentiments if GEJ indeed decides to contest in 2015 in 2015 he will be the most dishonest & morally bankrupt president we've had in Nigeria.

We all heard him severally publicly declare, pre-election, that he will only run for 1 term. A head of state should not be a BRAZEN LIAR.

Their is no honesty in Nigerian politics, never have and, probably, never will. My instinct tells me GEJ is going for second tenure and he'll do it because his people will push him in that direction. Now the questions are - (1)is it ok for a leader to lie to his country men? (2)Is he constitutionally qualified to contest for a second shot? (3)What is the agenda of those political jobers that are pushing GEJ to quit after his first term? (4)Is the political hawks/jobers agenda good for our interests or is it because they feel its their turn?

For (1) I say No.
For (2) I say Yes.
For (3) and (4) I say Unknown.

If I want someone to quit, at least common sense dictates that I tell him to quit because someone capable is ready to take charge not because I want my brother to take over. The thought of my brother taking over is enough to make the occupant/incumbent perpetuate himself on that throne.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by SailorXY: 1:16am On Apr 22, 2012
COMPLETE BULLS... NIGERIA CAN SHATTER, WETIN CONCERN THE MASSES. THE POLITICAL BENEFICIARIES ARE THE CRYING GROUP... MTCHEEEEEEEW angry
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by M17: 11:00am On Apr 22, 2012
Let it be known to y'll retarded power seeking hausa/fulani, The northern nigeria in short form .Can never smell presidential power again in nigeria . You hausa/fulani better start getting ready for referendum ,You never smell power again in the so called nigeria . MALLAM CAN BET THAT ARGUMENT ? NIGERIA DIVIDE 2015 .
NIGERIA'S BREAK UP 2015 OR NIGERIA SECOND WAR 2015

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:08am On Apr 22, 2012
The North are not the only ones in Nigeria because their is a South. GEJ is constitutionally allowed a second term. If the situation was reverse, a northerner would also be granted a second term without any threats of calamity from the South.
Nigeria no Nigeria the world goes on. Igbo, Yoruba and Hausa goes on with some benefiting more than others.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 22, 2012
2015 will be an epic battle, already buying pop corn.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Okijajuju1(m): 11:21am On Apr 22, 2012
Fresh Air 2015. . . . Its the only way for this country to know if we are one or truly divided
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by klairekk: 11:23am On Apr 22, 2012
Anything, be it someone, animal, boko haram...reaource control...
That is capable of breaking this country PEACEFULLY wil be welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by bodejohn(m): 11:41am On Apr 22, 2012
Nigerians have always been calling every election year critical right from 1999 through to 2011. We have always seen that the war and violence being envisaged had only been some people's imagination with the exception of 2011. I think 2015 will not be a different election year from the past ones, once the ruling cabal is ready to rub the palms of the political gladiators and they in turn too settle their foot soldiers, it will be business as usual. All those making noise about the eligibility of GEJ are just using this opportunity to position themselves for the largesse that will soon be released. Since when have we had politicians that keep to their words, we have also had ignorant voters, so Nigeria will continue to move in circles.

8 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Nobody: 11:43am On Apr 22, 2012
Is that a threat ? I think its very welcomed to break-up on the ground that a Niger-Deltan wants to exercised a constitutional right. GEJ lied to have access to Aso Rock but constitution beacons him to contest. Who says I cant lie to get what I want. Politics is not religion. Northern Nigeria can go their way. The rest of the regions can do better without them!!!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Topsido(m): 11:44am On Apr 22, 2012
Sam_Ikenna: If one man's ambition is capable of breaking a country then that country shouldn't be one in the first place. lets say Nigeria is about 160 million, which means 160 million different kinds, shapes, colors, and sizes of ambition. If GEJ's ambition can break up 160 million different kinds, then maybe we shouldn't have crammed 160 million heads together.

Word!
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by kirian202: 11:49am On Apr 22, 2012
cry cry babies una never see anything dis is just begining we Igbos will suport GEJ in 2015 let see wat will happen.if GEJ contesting in 2015 will break up madness call nigeira No wahala naa!!! Haba

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by onatisi(m): 11:55am On Apr 22, 2012
GEJ has already started his second term campaign with the impositin of tukur as chairman of pdp.obj knowing the full implication of gej seeking another term has decided to distance himself from gej.honestly gej has no business even in governance.if he was performing everyone will be routing for him but he is not even doing the job not to talk of doing it well.and he promised to do only one term.so why the turn around?power sweet oooo

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by megareal: 11:56am On Apr 22, 2012
klairekk: Anything, be it someone, animal, boko haram...reaource control...
That is capable of breaking this country PEACEFULLY wil be welcomed.

Right! Coz am tired of this entity called Nigeria. If GEJ going back for a second term (though I wouldnt ordinarily sanction it), will bring about the much yearned-for division of this nation, I say go for it. Afterall, we are not enjoying our brethren being slaughtered like fowls. What-the-H-E-L-L!!!
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 22, 2012
What perplexes me about these northern fools is how they came to conclusion that the unity of nigeria may be compromised if GEJ runs again. I think whether goodluck runs is an internal problem PDP as a party has to deal with since they created this zoning nonsense over intellectual fitness. For all i care, ACN, APGA, CPC and the rest doesnt have anything to lose in that regard.

As much as i long for the peaceful division of this country, should in case goodluck make a 2nd term move, that will only spell doom and the likely gradual extinction of pdp as a party. These mallams should process this fact and swallow it up.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2012
one.east:
controversial National Vice Chairman of the pro-North socio-political organization, Arewa Consultative Forum, ACF, Senator Joseph Kennedy Waku,

Hhmm!!
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by newmaonza: 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2012
blink182: 2015 will be an epic battle, already buying pop corn.
i bliv u jare. . . I want 2 c dis hideous politicians assasinate themselves cos dat luks like d only way justice can be metted out to dis politicians since d courts r crippled. . .imagine 2015 without players like GEJ,ATIKU, OBJ, TINUBU, AND OTHER DANGEROUST POLITICIANS. . . GEJ should contest so dat d assasinations can begin
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by odovonnestor1: 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2012
All this noise ranging from boko haram to the alleged GEJ plan to run for 2nd term in d office is all attempt to distract the present administration and probably discredit d man in charge. In the first place, nigerians do not give GEJ condition of running for only one term b4 voting him into power. He (GEJ) only said dat he has no plan of running for second term. However if he changes his mind (which any human can to do any time) to run for second time, he has not betrayed anybody or group. Unless he promised any group of helping them get to d seat come 2015. Then he shld do wht he promed

And for the northern leaders, then shld learn how to work wth other regions not only other regions working wth them.
For all we hv heard from them is only blame to the man in charge. No concrete nd constructive idea on how to move d country foward.

For if you knw hw to do it, help d person in charge to get it right not waiting till u become in charge for all of us cannot be president.
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by REVOLUTNIS: 12:39pm On Apr 22, 2012
This president, is a dishonest and immoral man. may be he will still tell use that God hv choose for 2015.
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by lordpapi(m): 12:41pm On Apr 22, 2012
Mowire: Beyond the sentiments if GEJ indeed decides to contest in 2015 in 2015 he will be the most dishonest & morally bankrupt president we've had in Nigeria.

I don't think he will be calld a liar or dishonest. true He advocated for 1 term. Its 6yrs a term rule that he actually askd for. So, I guess if he dsnt get 6yrs in office, he continue with the curent ruling pattern. 4yrs 2terms rule.
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by frankdon(m): 12:43pm On Apr 22, 2012
It baffles me when these expired politicians 4rm north lament about Nigeria break-up. Pls in a country where no sane person from southern part will go to some states in north (Boko haram country) to work or establish his business, is that country still one? My advice to northerner is to allow this Ijaw man to still use oil money and help them develop their country because for we Igbos, (Biafrans) we are tired of loosing our people and business in the name of one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by danielng: 12:49pm On Apr 22, 2012
IF THIS HIS AMBITION CAN BREAK UP NIGERIA...LET HIM CONTINUE WITH THE AMBITION...WE ARE TIRED OF THIS COUNTRY THAT IS NEITHER MOVING FORWARD.
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Delafruita(m): 12:53pm On Apr 22, 2012
i notice almost every comment on this thread has leaned towards tribalk sentiments.some say "we want gej to continue because we dont want a northerner".my view is if jonathan goes for a second term,he would be betraying the trust of all nigerians who he told openly that he will only be there for four years.
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by bakila: 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Their is no honesty in Nigerian politics, never have and, probably, never will. My instinct tells me GEJ is going for second tenure and he'll do it because his people will push him in that direction. Now the questions are - (1)is it ok for a leader to lie to his country men? (2)Is he constitutionally qualified to contest for a second shot? (3)What is the agenda of those political jobers that are pushing GEJ to quit after his first term? (4)Is the political hawks/jobers agenda good for our interests or is it because they feel its their turn?

For (1) I say No.
For (2) I say Yes.
For (3) and (4) I say Unknown.

If I want someone to quit, at least common sense dictates that I tell him to quit because someone capable is ready to take charge not because I want my brother to take over. The thought of my brother taking over is enough to make the occupant/incumbent perpetuate himself on that throne.

It is not a throne, it is not his second term, there are people better than him and IT IS CRAZY to say that you do not expect a president who promised fresh air to be honourable.

It is a very big pity that someone like you will say he is educated. Worse is you are from the SE and in every nook and cranny of nigeria looking for money and id something bad happens you will all shout disintegrate the cesspit nigeria yet you vouch for the dishonourable. Tufiakwa!
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Delafruita(m): 12:56pm On Apr 22, 2012
besides i agree with the prayers of the suit before the court.jonathan cannot be allowed to take the oath of office three times.thats a bad precedence.i dont care who wins the election whether he is northern or southern,all i care about is a competent person.jonathan is a failure.i will be one of those calling on fashola to run
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by bakila: 1:00pm On Apr 22, 2012
M-16:
Let it be known to y'll retarded power seeking hausa/fulani, The northern nigeria in short form .Can never smell presidential power again in nigeria . You hausa/fulani better start getting ready for referendum ,You never smell power again in the so called nigeria . MALLAM CAN BET THAT ARGUMENT ? NIGERIA DIVIDE 2015 .
NIGERIA'S BREAK UP 2015 OR NIGERIA SECOND WAR 2015

You username says it all.
Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by Arosa(m): 1:03pm On Apr 22, 2012
frankdon: It baffles me when these expired politicians 4rm north lament about Nigeria break-up. Pls in a country where no sane person from southern part will go to some states in north (Boko haram country) to work or establish his business, is that country still one? My advice to northerner is to allow this Ijaw man to still use oil money and help them develop their country because for we Igbos, (Biafrans) we are tired of loosing our people and business in the name of one Nigeria.

well said!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan’s 2015 Ambition Can Break Up Nigeria – Northern Leaders by bakila: 1:11pm On Apr 22, 2012
kirian202: cry cry babies una never see anything dis is just begining we Igbos will suport GEJ in 2015 let see wat will happen.if GEJ contesting in 2015 will break up madness call nigeira No wahala naa!!! Haba

IBO will support jonathan, hahhaahhahaha.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Had A Killer Squad As President -- Former Associate / Senate Confirms Members Receive N13.5 Million Monthly, Separate From Salaries / I Fear For The Future Of Nigeria In 2023 - Sultan Of Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.