Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,824 members, 7,806,315 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

My Pre-eclampsia Story. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Pre-eclampsia Story. (21062 Views)

Pregnancy - Pre-eclampsia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by diamondlove: 12:39pm On Apr 23, 2012
i want 2 read gd stories
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Odunnu: 12:53pm On Apr 23, 2012
Praise the Lord!!!!

Sir, the way you are telling this story are you tempting me to ask for your number to call you? I am getting real impatient even though i already know the ending part. Abeg come finish am jor
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Nobody: 1:36pm On Apr 23, 2012
...and, the baby, pls? How about the baby? What happened...? Pls, say on.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by kodylicky(f): 5:10pm On Apr 23, 2012
wow
u guys are really strong!!
looking forward to reading the rest of the story
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by afdman: 8:09pm On Apr 23, 2012
My pre-eclampsia story 7
So the week started with good news for us, and we heaved a sign of result at the scan result. The doctors now changed their mouth about lagoon, and were now saying let's give the baby 6 more weeks to cook more. Hmmmm me I just agreed and went home that night and slept very well. Now a week before the scan that scared us, when our baby was growning well, wifey also noticed that baby was kicking as frequently as how he used to. This started when wifey was given anti-malaria drug fansidar. She reacted badly to the drug, where her mum also confirmed that she always reacted badly to it. So after that time baby movement was slow, but since we had an updated scan that showed our baby was growing there was no cause for alarm. So we now started a new week, while wifey was eating as much as she could eat ( she really didn't have much appetite, which is funny for a pregnant woman) so as she ate as much as she could, we both prayed for God to look after our baby and for the baby to grow at least up to 1kg. So the time to do our 30week scan had arrived, this was on thursday april 5th 2012, holy thursday. So it got to our turn like 6:30pm we went it, with our hopes up on how well our baby would have grown, we were hoping for another miracle growth. So we got into the lap and the process was started, wifey had told me to look at the screen, which I didn't. I saw on the screen stuff on that didn't make sense, it showed something like 22weeks + 5days, but I paid no notice to that, how can a baby reduce growth. My wife was asking the lab guy how the baby was doing At that point the lab guy mumbled something like at this point her health was what was most important. And as quickly as the scan started it ended. I asked the guy what was up, he said I should wait for an hour to get the result, which I would give to my doctor. Wifey was a bit uneasy I told her to relax that it would be okay, in my heart all was not well. So finally I got hold of the result and before I could say let's get it to the doctor wifey took it from me and tore it open. We saw 2 items there. One of them I understood, that wifey had too much water retention, the other one I didn't understand. I explained to wifey and got her back to the ward. I immediately called the doctor handling our case and told him the one I didn't understand and he paused for a while on the phone and when he spoke he told me that wasn't a good report ohh, but that he was coming to wifeys ward to see me. When he came, he just made it clear to me what was up and it was up to me to tell wifey. So with a broken heart, I went in and told wifey our dear unborn child had given up the fight. Our unborn baby had died.

1 Like

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by afdman: 8:27pm On Apr 23, 2012
This story of our loss, is to make people aware of this pre-eclampsia issue that can happen to pregnant women. My writing about it is my way of grieving for my lost seed. I will come back and write about what steps to take to help if you ever find yourself in this position. What to look out for and how to hold on to hope when this time comes. I will be back. Don't feel bad for us, we have dealt with our loss the best way possible. Thank you for reading.

1 Like

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Odunnu: 8:29pm On Apr 23, 2012
O M G !!!
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by cibilola(f): 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2012
Oh dear! Seriously, after all that, after all you have been through. . . I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't help thinking things may have been different in a different hospital or abroad . . . Oh, I don't know. For this, God will give you double IJN. Amen

2 Likes

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by agiboma(f): 8:51pm On Apr 23, 2012
@afdam I am truely sorry for your loss. I know this story all to well. What happened is the blood flow became reversed as i stated in a previous post. So the baby is not receiving any nutrients from the mother, because of the malfunctioning placenta which is suppose to be the baby's food source. Without any nutrients the babies starve and die in utero. Also the baby small for the gestational age is very common in preeclamsia its called IUGR (inter uterine growth restriction) meaning the baby is not receiving allt he nutirents and cannot grow like its suppose to. I know many women that delivered @ 25 weeks because of sever pre eclamsia like your wife. The babies weight about 700 grams. The babies grew outside the womb, in the incubator because it was no longer safe to grow in the mommy's tummy. I hope this does not happen in the next pregnancy and by g-d grace it will not be your families portion.

1 Like

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Nobody: 11:04pm On Apr 23, 2012
@Afam
I am soooo sorry for your loss.God will give you back and bless you two.. cry cry
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Phoenix6278(m): 1:39am On Apr 24, 2012
Wow, really touched. All I can say is 'how is wifey' , God will replenish your loss
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by RocksQueen: 2:22am On Apr 24, 2012
Awwwwwwww! Been hoping and hoping that the story would end well! Accept my sympathy...so so so sorry!
Its well! This is the worst thing that will ever happen to your family...from now on, it will be blessings upon blessings IJN! Amen!
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Outstrip(f): 2:46am On Apr 24, 2012
I had post partum preeclampsia with my first. It is not a joke. If you even suspect something they voice it. Don't wait until it is too late. I knew something was wrong but it was my first pregnancy and the midwives were totally useless. If I knew then what I know now I would not only have switched doctors but totally switched to a new practice.Thank God my son came a week early. I was in the ICU fighting for my life for almost a week. People think pregnancy is not a big deal because people do it everyday. if only you know what pregnancy actually does to the body. It is a beautiful thing but it is an assualt on the body. No question is too stupid. If you feel strange speak up. @ Poster I'm sorry for your loss but I also appreciate you puting the word out there.

2 Likes

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Nobody: 7:08am On Apr 24, 2012
i am so sorry for your loss, God will bless you with another child and see you through this pain.

I had pre and post eclampsia and high blood sugar - this condition is not a joke and me and my daughter almost died so I know what u guys have been thru, I will put u and ur wife in my prayers as this story really touched me.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by ekitikan(m): 7:10am On Apr 24, 2012
its been long i shed tears......but after reading your story.......omg.......i judt cant hold it........God dey sha.....kip believing.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by maran1983(f): 7:12am On Apr 24, 2012
OMG< afdman, i am so sorry for your loss. It is well IJN, amen.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Nellyd(f): 7:20am On Apr 24, 2012
very touching story. I had similar experience. Mine waz 29 weeks wen d baby wz removed. My bp wz so high dat i convulzd. Thank God 4 d nurses on duty dat night who gave me an injection dat made it stop.. My baby died d nxt day in d incubator. Dat wz dec 2011. I hv moved on but wud wait for a yr to take in again so d cs wud heal well. Pls sir complete d story.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by sweettweet: 7:32am On Apr 24, 2012
@adfman
sorry about ur loss. May God never let u xperience such again.
my love to ur wifey.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 24, 2012
@adfman, I'm so sorry about this loss, and God will help you and wifey pull through. Pls be sure to let us read about "wifey's bubbly and rosy pregnancy carried to term" and "help, how do i change diapers at 2a.m?". I'm putting you in my prayer. Thank God u still got your wife. My cousin didnt make it, the baby didnt, and they died on the 1st anniversary of the wedding! I rejoice with you. All the best.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by StateOfMind: 8:06am On Apr 24, 2012
Hebrew woman: OMG...i have goose pimples reading your story. There is nuttim God cannot do.

This is no exaggeration at all, I had goose pimples reading this story, especially part 6 cos this is where I stopped reading to reply. I'm looking forward to reading the other parts cos I'm certain it ended well.

O.M.G! I'm so sorry Op, I had no idea it was goin to end this way. May God strengthen your family. How's your wife holding up?
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by ibrash600: 8:08am On Apr 24, 2012
@adfman i am truly sorry 4 ur loss, Almighty God 'll provide u n ur wife another one dat would make u happy and brings happiness,joys,health n whelth 2 u..
May God bless u n ur wife.....take heart bro.
And tanks 4 d sharing!
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by orunmila76(m): 8:12am On Apr 24, 2012
Honestly my guy,you re the man. am proud of your dedicated prowess. Relax,God will do wonder. Abimolemo ni teku eda.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by aieromon(m): 8:39am On Apr 24, 2012
@afdman
Be strong for your wife.You are a great man.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by kodylicky(f): 8:45am On Apr 24, 2012
wow.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by slimyem: 8:46am On Apr 24, 2012
@afdman,a man like you is rare!
Very rare!
The patience,prayers, love,care and strength u displayed all through is worth commending.
I'm touched.really!
I pray you and your wife have cause to forget your loss and rejoice soon.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by feminineA: 8:53am On Apr 24, 2012
@ Afdman..
So sorry for your loss. Affliction shall not arise the second time. You are a definition of a real man. Know its very hard for your wife after all she's been through. Pls comfort her, send our love to her and remind her that all will be well

1 Like

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by chioma134: 8:53am On Apr 24, 2012
@afdman,so sorry for ur loss. Be strong for wifey. Hopefully,the next pregnancy would be easier.
I had pregnancy induced hypertension in the last few weeks of my pregnancy. Had to be induced. Thank God there were no complications.
Pre-ecclampsia is scary. Things can happen at a fast pace and leave you dazed. A woman who was admitted in our hospital for just vomitting at 33wks,with no history of hypertension,started complaining of severe headache the ff morning. BP was checked and it was about 190/110. Despite the anticonvulsant adminstered b4 moving her to labour ward,she convulsed on getting to labour ward and died instantly. I just couldn't believe the woman I just chatted with in less than an hour was dead.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Fairgodwin(m): 8:55am On Apr 24, 2012
Wow! Am very sorry for your loss, and all you went through. I must also thank you for sharing, cos (it happened to my sister) when it happened to my sis, we (I) never knew this was the case. Now I know better! But my sis suffered!! And had to spend about three months at a teaching hospital, after private hospital(s) failed (not exaggerating o). But my mother was/is really strong in prayer(s), even her church were holding series of prayer meetings on her behalf. The baby was later born through CS and put in the incubator (for close to like 8wks(?) I can't really say). By God's grace, they both survived, and the boy is now 2years old. But now, my sister's somehow afraid of getting pregnant again; and that was even her second child! May God console you, @afamdman.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by udoka2: 8:57am On Apr 24, 2012
angry angry angry angry
For your loss, am wishing you double!
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Sexyify1(f): 9:02am On Apr 24, 2012
@poster you ar a very nice man 4 staying wit ur wife all dis days of sorrow, because is nt every man dat wil do dat. May God bless u. Hw is ur wife now, God in his infinity mercy wil bles u an reward u wit many children IJN say Amen.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by sweetcocoa(f): 9:06am On Apr 24, 2012
OMG,still have goose pimples sad

I'm so sorry for your loss,God will give you double,please stay strong,wish you all the best.

For reals,pregnancy scares the life outta me,most times i just think is there no other way to have a baby?
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by JimmyBoy1: 9:14am On Apr 24, 2012
My wife was also diagnosed of pre-enclampsia, her BP often shoot up 170 or 180/90 s we went for test and discovered that she had protein in her urine, which suggest partial kidney failure.

We told our Daddy in the Lord who prayed for her and we joined our faith too, she went back for Test at UCH, and protein trace dissappeared instantly. However, we observed that if she does too much home chores the BP rises, so we had to make her rest properly, and her Bp always mornitored at home.

At the end of the day she gave birth to a baby boy without any incident, in fact she was discharged from the hospital the same day.

Glory be too God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Coronavirus: All Three Suspected Cases Have Tested Negative / COVID-19: Only 169 Ventilators In 16 States / Coronavirus: Suspected Case In Enugu Tests Negative

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.