Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,316 members, 7,780,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:40 PM

My Pre-eclampsia Story. - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Pre-eclampsia Story. (21031 Views)

Pregnancy - Pre-eclampsia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Ivbade: 9:09am On Apr 25, 2012
I am really grateful to God that she made it. she will yet more and more children for you, without complications in Jesus name. I pray for all pregnant women today, that the presence and anointing of God's spirit, will envelop you, and repel every disease and sickness that is associated with prengancy, and cause you to carry your pregnacies till full term and deliver safely, a healthy baby, in Jesus name.

2 Likes

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Gertynk: 11:31am On Apr 25, 2012
Kai- what an experience, honestly am so scared and cold right now may God help us all in Jesus name. Amen. @op God will grant u mercy, thank God she made; this time its going to be double joy in jesus name. You are d man of every woman's dream God bless u
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Igosun: 11:55am On Apr 25, 2012
@poster omg! it so recent so sorry for your loss ko easy just holding back tears cos am in the office.So how is she feeling now pls let her rest very well. God will be with you both and you shall both enjoy your life together with the kids that would stsay with you.

Though it's your wife but am saying thank you too for STANDING BY HER DURING THOSE TIMES. God will never leave you two..amen

Never heard of it before anyway thanks for sharing your story will learn and pass the message to other preggy moms. Wish you both all the best and blowing baby dust to you.

1 Like

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by yuzedo: 12:01pm On Apr 25, 2012
When my only sister put to bed last year (her first delivery), i woke up to my dad's call to say she had come through. Checked my phone and there was her display picture on blackberry, looking strained, weak, tired but happy as she held on to the baby. I started crying. Really cried like a baby. Called mom and was crying, she immediately became agitated, thought something terrible had happened or perhaps i had done juju and wanted to confess or something. . grin The relief was just indescribable. Pregnancy and labor are not routine things, lots of women i am aware of had lost their lives in recent times and being aware of the maternal mortality rate made me all the more grateful to God for safe delivery especially as she had lost a pregnancy earlier.
Totally sympathize with you guys. Ndo.

1 Like

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by kaynik(f): 12:56pm On Apr 25, 2012
ohnana: Dispelling myths about preeclampsia. Nobody knows w it happens ut If you ave it a first time it puts you at risk for having it a second time. The only treatment for preeclampsia is delivering d baby. If you actually have a seizure then that is eclampsia and d baby needs to come out ASAP. Most hospitals give magnesium to control d blood pressure. Ad hold on for as long as possible but ultimately d baby needs to come out

I think magnesium is used to treat the seizures seen in eclampsia and hydrallazine is the preferred medication for pre eclampsia. There are certain risk factors for pre eclampsia and eclampsia but the real aetiology is unknown.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Akpunwa(f): 2:36pm On Apr 25, 2012
I have shed tears reading ur story and others. Praises be to God the king of eternal glory.

I was in pain two months ago due to the loss of someone cos of this. It was her first pregnancy after 5 years of marriage...i was in grief when she and the baby didn't make it. <God bless their souls>
currently, there's another person I know with this condition and I pray our Merciful God sees her through..
Pregnancy is not easy. Mine was uneventful (to the Glory of God), but then labour, no matter how short it lasts is not easy. It was the most painful experience but thank God we both came out.
MAY GOD CONTINUE TO SAVE WOMEN ESPECIALLY THOSE GOING THROUGH A HIGH RISK PREGNANCY IN JESUS NAME AMEN.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by bhumeeus: 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2012
Dear Poster, I pray that God will continue to strengthen you and your wife. I really feel for her and I pray that very soon, another baby will come to wipe away her tears.

I had preeclampsia as well last year. I must say its one of the worst pregnancy experiences to have, I would never wish it to my enemies. I just thank God I live in the UK,it may have been another story.I had been attending scans upon scans and they kept telling me my baby was smaller than normal.We had just moved to another city and I was advised to continue with frequent scans there, the 2nd time i went for the scana, the guy called in about 4 consultants to read the results. Said the blood flow in placenta was too high, referred me to another unit to have my bp checked and i was advised to stay just 1 night in the hospital.1 night turned to 4 nights and they just had to deliver the baby when my bp wasnt coming down. I had just clocked 29weeks and 1day exactly. my baby was less than 1kg when she was born. But thank God for their good health facilitis here.She clocked one lastweek wednesday and I can only be grateful to God.

6 Likes

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by overkillR(f): 5:24pm On Apr 25, 2012
OMG! I'm so sorry for you loss! Please extend my luv to your wife. She sure is a strong woman and u're a great man!
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by babakura(m): 9:48pm On Apr 25, 2012
@poster ... I pray that GOD will bless you with another

I had the same issue with my Girlfriend she had all the symptoms you mentioned above ... she even had gestational diabetes,pre-eclampsia coupled with the High BP (all dis issues were related to the pregnancy cos she never had these prior ) she was even carrying twins that we didnt even know
To the glory of GOD she delivered the twins safely at 31/32 wks by CS /// Lucky she had healthcare so we didnt have to pay the hospital bills cos hospital bills are heaps over here in Canada

Na GOD help me cos in my own case na play we play na so belle enter even though we've gone seperate ways so after 2 months she told me she get belle na so I tell her she must comot am that i no want belle now .. So by the time i work up the next morning that was how i found blood and semen on my pyjamas ( a sign ) and from there I knew aborting isnt the best option than to allow the babies live ...So couple of days later she did ultrasound and found out they were twins I cried and cried ....

Sometimes GOD gives you what u dont want to test you and the sign above was enough for me to keep the babies .. I know premarital sex isnt it but it happened and we have moved on from there
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Assalaam(f): 1:44pm On Apr 26, 2012
@afad, im so sorry for the loss and i pray that your family will be compensated fully in all way by GOD. Pls take good care of your wiffy like u've been doing and i know GOD will continue to be with both of you. Infact, i cant help but cry.......
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by yogun(f): 11:48am On Apr 27, 2012
M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ heart goes out to you & your wife. You guys were brave beyond words. I pray the Lord will compensate you & grant you another in good time. It is quite traumatic. Pray that the Lord will complete the healing & restore both of you soonest in Jesus name, Amen

It is well in Jesus name, amen!!!

1 Like

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by afdman: 8:16pm On Apr 28, 2012
I am sorry people, I have been AWOL for a while, I'll still write the things to watch out for. Spread the word, let people know.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by omogemi: 10:20am On May 01, 2012
I read ur story this morning and i was so moved i shed tears. i feel so bad that u eventually lost ur baby but i give glory to God that u and ur wife are alive. the good Lord will see u guys thru. i dont know what pre-e is and pls would like to hear more of this diesese being a first timer. i am like 15 weeks gone already and its my first time too after going thru a history of infertility for years. i feel ur pain at ur loss, though i hv never heard of ur kind of experience before nor had it, but i know the pain of going thru infertility though urs is much more painful. the God we serve will give u double for ur loss. He will wipe ur tears and place a smile on u and ur wife's face. pls continue to stand by ur woman. i know she is so shaken abt the whole thing. the Lord will continue to strengthen u. . .Amen. and i most say, u are a very strong man..it is well with u.

1 Like

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by afdman: 6:47am On Jun 06, 2012
@ omogemi thank you very much, I pray for safe delivery for you and your baby, its yours in Jesus name. Google pre-eclampsia, there is quite a lot of info online.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by lilziny: 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2012
hi afdman, accept my sincere sympathy on your loss. God is in control, and he will bless u with double this time. Amen. it is well with you and your family. regards to your wife. i will always remember you in my prayers.

i have just been diagnosed with pre-eclamsia yesterday. and its in the process of googling for more info that i stumbled unto your story. im 26 weeks gone right now. i pray to God to see me through. Amen. The doctor says i may have to give birth by 32 weeks. i leave it to God to decide if it'll be 32 weeks, or if i'll get to full term.

you are a strong man with a strong wife, God will definitely favour you beyond your expectations. Amen.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by joymary7(f): 9:43am On Oct 24, 2012
OMG!! Reading this story made M̶̲̥̅Ε̲̣̣̣̥ hold my dear son tightly and thank God for my blessings, ‎​i also had pre eclampsia during my pregnancy but ‎​i W̶̲̥̅̊åS̤̈̊ lucky it came at the end of my pregnency so ‎​i gave birth to my baby tru CS. May God bless u as he blessed M̶̲̥̅Ε̲̣̣̣̥ with my son.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Afamdman(m): 7:16am On Nov 26, 2012
@ lilziny. I am just seeing your comment, I have not logged in with this my username afdman in a long time. I sent you a pm. But you can email me directly afamdman@yahoo.com so we can gist a bit me indept. Have no fear lady everything will be okay. I declare you shall have that baby safe and well. Mail me so we can gist more. I can give ýou tips and pointers on what to do or expect. It is well with you.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by herostarlingy: 8:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
Sorry for your loss. Had similar issue sometimes around June this year. This is a situation I pray no one go through; the amount of psychological imbalance, anxiety, sleepless nights, the running around and so fort one goes through only to loss the baby at the end! It is indeed painful.

For those with normal delivery, you never knew what the good Lord has done for you, till you begin to hear stories of happenings in these hospitals at child delivery. In my case, work and business was out of it, as I suddenly became the driver for all the ante-natal, and pregnancy/baby delivery schedules. we loss the baby boy at delivery point, and till today, I still feel and sees his gentle and sweet face.

I trust, the Lord will replenish with a double portion soon.

1 Like

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by zomike: 2:38am On Dec 07, 2012
sorry for your loss.Everything you narrated was not exagerated.I went through it in 2005,ws hospitalised for 2months
Thanks to The All Mighty God and all my Doctors.As i read through your story,i recall and trace my ordeal,my bp rose to 200/110.One of my doctors told me that he cried one day after speaking with me in my hospital room(I was in Hubby's company clinic)I was abit fortunate my baby made it.She is 6yrs old now.It happened to me at child no 3.Nobody can say the actual time it could come.
Observation
Rest cannot be over emphasized during pregnancy(but women still have to work)
may be we need to start advocating for these on behalf of women,if we have data.
Diet:should not be over looked:before,during and after pregnancy.
salt has always been an issue for man,it has its advantages but we consume it too much in these part of the world.
Good Medical Care:Pls dont joke with this aspect,ask questions,be close to elderly and experienced women who can put you through issues during pregnancy.My mother always told me that children come in different ways.
I didnt have labour pains when i was going to have my second child,when it was time,i felt like going to the loo,i remembered d Nurse on morning duty saying "Its in the Labour ward u will do that poo poo",i had been on synthesinol all night to activate Labour,nothing happened,i read my novel all through.
Third child wahala started.i almost lost my life.After baby was brought out@exactly 32wks,my Bp refused to go down for 2wks.
SUGGESTION
There is a natural remedy which have been tested and proven to Before and help during pregnancy,it cleans your body and allows every part of your system to function properly,it cleans diabetes if properly taken,high blood pressure cant stand it because it cleans ur arteries,If everything is ok in the system there will be no problems.
I am talking about Moringa Oleifera.
Do me a favour,google:The health benefits of Moringa Oleifera.[i][/i]
It has always been here in Nigeria,the awareness started lately.
It does not only work for Pregnant women,its for general well being,even children
take it,old pple,everybody.WHO has done alot of research on the herb,its porpularly
called the Miracle tree.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Afamdman(m): 11:18am On Dec 13, 2012
Thanks will read up.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by greatgod2012(f): 10:47am On Feb 05, 2013
@op, how are you and your wife now? It is well with you IJN.
We still need you on this thread o, dont forget your promise here.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Afamdman(m): 12:31pm On Feb 05, 2013
I do come once in a while to check around if there r questions and answer to the best of my ability. And wifey is fine.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Nobody: 9:35am On Feb 06, 2013
Oh My God. I pray to read a sweet story from you soon. God will stand by you and wifey.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by MyneWhite1(f): 10:50pm On Feb 07, 2013
I just finished reading, and this is so touching. Thanks for sharing, and may God strengthen you and your wife. It is well.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Nobody: 11:34pm On Apr 10, 2013
i just went through your story...welldone sir, it is well. there were indeed a lot of pregnancy related complication in 2012. it happened to one of our neighbors also, in the first delivery, placenta tied the child, both survived, in the second delivery she narrowly survived after a month lost the child.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 10, 2013
you see to produced a humanbeong is not easy...it involves a lot of mathematics, yet you find folks saying the F-word indiscriminately, they dont respect se.x!
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by zomike: 11:58pm On Dec 15, 2013
Hello everyone.I will like to mention here that proper care should be taken by women BEFORE AND DURING PREGNANCY.
Avoid stress as much as possible,be mindful of your diet by reducing intake of salt most especially.
I know that atimes when caution is taken,certain things still happen,it is important you do your part very well.
Lets not take things for granted,things have changed so very much compared to those days where our mothers have their children at home
or at a local midwife's place.The place of prayers cannot be over emphasized either Xtian,Muslim or other religions.
One natural product,i know is also very effective for pregnant women is the Moringa leave powder,it helps regulate your system
and ensure good growth of the fetus by ensuring that all the required nutrients is supplied in abundance.
In some Africa countries,when women take in they start to feed on Moringa for Nutrients and building of the cells for both mother and child.After
birth,it helps the mother lactate very well. Nature and naturally things are more ideal.
Due to awareness of the efficacy of this plant,so many people have gone into selling it,without a single idea of how it should be
handled and process,the no1 thing is that Processed moringa should not be exposed to sunlight,today people hawk and display moringa
in the market place and on the road side directly under the sun.There is a processing time from the time of harvest to production etc.
For well prepared and healthy moringa pls call +2348023005648,we send to clients outside Lagos.
Pls note that the Moringa seed is not ideal for pregnant women,rather it is recommended for weight loss.
The Moringa leave powder is the most powerful and recomended for women before and during pregnancy.Read more about Moringa and pregnancy in google.
pls check out our facebook page and like us to get more details on health issues.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rutas-Moringa/235365233214085

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 16, 2013
God the merciful! Sorry about your loss...your next story shall be a complete success story of the birth of healthy babies and smooth pregnancy. E pele.
Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by zomike: 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2014
Dear All, the truth remains that when it comes to pregnancy and child bearing the woman is endangered but the Grace of God is always there for us.
We therefore have to be up and doing as regards our health and well-being as well as that of our family. Try as much as possible to eat healthy and stay healthy, when you do this you and your family will remain healthy.
According to world health organization, moringa oleifera is capable of curing over 300 ailments. it is a plant which grows here in Nigeria, very rich in Nutrients and anti-oxidants, it simply cleans up your system and boost your immune against any form of ailment or infections.
Moringa can be taken by everybody but young and old. Pregnant women should not take the seed because it has an abortive tendency; it is good for people who want to clean off their belly fat, ulcer patients, and patients with Staph infection
Moringa is anti-hypertensive, anti-tumor (it inhibits the growth of tumor),it strengthens the bones, enhances good eye sight, stops bleeding gum, cleans diabetes etc. etc.
A lot of research has been made on Moringa both locally and internationally and its efficacy and medical value have been proven overtime.
We have made Moringa into leaf capsules and seed capsules for easy consumption and portability,100% organic.
Please like our facebookpage below. for purchase and distributorship kindly call: 08023005648,07037295991.

Re: My Pre-eclampsia Story. by Funkaish: 9:45am On Mar 25, 2020
afdman:
My pre-eclampsia story.
I will tell from the man's point of view. We got preg in sept, baby dancing (bd) after her birthday. Shortly after she felt sick, went to the hospital, and got treated for malaria, we didn't know she was preg at the time. Shortly after she informed me she didn't see her period. I asked her to go do a test which came out +ve. @ the time we were not married. So immediately started wedding preparations, 1st trimester went quickly without any morning sickness just always feeling sleepy, well unlucky for me I wasn't around to experience that period. Now wedding over in december fast forward to january 3 we started antenatal and the normal drugs were prescribed and given ( at the time I wasn't too involved, didn't think I was needed) guys pls be very involved, know the facts about your case. Then she started work it was tough at first but she managed and she was happy when the strike started so she could get some rest. Strike got called off then the nightmare started.
@afdman I just read your story, I'm very sorry for your loss. I also had preclamsia in 2017, I did an EMERGENCY cs at epe general hospital my pregnancy was 29 weeks..the baby survived and was kept in an incubator for ten days before we were discharged.... This is 2020 ,I sincerly hope there is good news concerning your wife ..I would like to hear from you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Blessing Timidi-Digha's Two Children Die In Fire Outbreak (Photos) / Common Birth Control Myths / ‘Wear Face-Masks To Fight The Coronavirus’ - US CDC To Americans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.