Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,473 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8634) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10423810 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8631) (8632) (8633) (8634) (8635) (8636) (8637) ... (19103) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:45am On Apr 04, 2020
Ibime:
One must be deluded to think any country would infect the world with a highly transmissible virus that will also kill their own people.

Sars-Cov2 most likely originated in the market as reported, but not ruling out an accidental leak from Wuhan virology lab as we've seen a couple of accidental leaks of SARS from their lab in the past.

You should see the nonsense shared by grown adults on one WhatsApp group I am in

A ten point list including Nancy pelosi teaming up with the premier to release the virus in the us so they can bring down trump

Us companies losing value so China can buy them over pennies on the dollar

New world order and other bullshit
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 9:50am On Apr 04, 2020
Wet markets are not the problem, most markets in Asia are wet markets . The problem is the unregulated wild meat being mixed in with it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Melvyn11: 9:54am On Apr 04, 2020
Swissh:
Wet markets are not the problem, most markets in Asia are wet markets . The problem is the unregulated wild meat being mixed in with it.

Chickens and pigs cause zoonotic infections as well in the form of bird flu and swine flu. It is not just the exoticness or wide life of the animal. it's the sanitary conditions of the markets.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 9:54am On Apr 04, 2020
izzou:

Even if you want to criticize someone's government, don't exaggerate the whole thing.

Anybody moving in Lagos knows that Ambode's buses are the current buses we use for BRT. They are not rotting anywhere. When Sanwo olu came in, he donated some of those buses to civil servants. How can they be rotting somewhere then, when it's obvious that the BRT buses are not even enough currently?

Easy brother, easy grin

I guess I should have worded that better. Majority of the blue buses Ambode bought were “wasting” away for the most part of Ambode govt. The blue buses are not under the BRT scheme, they are under the Lagos Bus Service Limited (LSBL). In fact the blue buses don’t run on the BRT lanes.

Most of these buses were meant to run from the Terminals that were being built and only Ikeja Terminal was completed and even that was later pulled down by Ambode govt himself.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaMetahuman: 9:56am On Apr 04, 2020
raumdeuter:

I am from Oyo state. I have never voted in any Nigerian election in my life and IMO I think the rating of Oyo governors since 1999 are below. I think Ladoja was the best and Akala is the worst governor ever. Both were PDP governors
Ladoja (PDP)
Ajimobi (APC)
Lam (AD)
Akala (PDP)

What I have seen from Seyi simply shows he is a media governor with no concrete plan, The major problem people had with Ajimobi was his perceived arrogance and this makes people bias against him, In Nigeria, we love those who give us flowery words without any action to back it, we like people who don't tell us the truth but massage our egos later in 20yrs time we will be wondering why we are still behind Benin and Togo.

Many things people dare not do in the private sector, they believe its govt that they should do it.

1. When Ajimobi got there, Ibadan was the center of NURTW crisis, he brought it all under control and sent some of those thugs to prison. Makinde to get power, aligned with some of these thugs like Igboho, and Auxilliary Now Auxilliary is the head of Park Managers in Oyo State

2. Ajimobi banned street trading and roadside shanties used for petty trade, Makinde resumed and played to the gallery that his mother was also a street trader and street trading should resume

3. I saw on Social Media one person posting how Makinde was at night joining waste management to pack gutters, And posted "See a humble governor, he even denied himself sleep to pack gutters" Someone asked him that if there was no camera will Makinde be there tonight to pack gutters?

4. Ajimobi implemented a levy on all school students which they use to buy things like chalk and other school needs but Makinde cut it. Some of those schools don't even have chalks again and the money they used to make from the levy is gone. So they are enjoying free education but without ordinary chalk to learn

For Nigeria to develop we need some hard decisions not just words and massaging egos. I don't mind someone who talks rudely as long as he delivers. I don't mind tough actions as long as we get results

That is why a governor will spend 4yrs doing nothing but give us 1 derica of garri and rice and be voted back in because he knows how to talk or blame opposition

For example, Bisi Akande in Osun found out that an average secondary school in Osun will have 8 PE teachers, 6 CRK teachers, 8 IRK teachers but 1 Math teacher, 0 Physics and Chemistry teachers he retired many of those redundant workers employed more Science and Math teacher but lost election because of that

One governor mandated that if you are teaching a subject you should take a WAEC standard test of the subject and get 50%. Please tell me what is wrong with that policy? But he lost reelection because people frowned at it.

I asked someone if you are not competent enough, will First Bank or Zenith or MTN retain you? We see the efficiencies in some places and love it but we cannot practice the same thing

Nigeria needs to make some tough decisions now or else we are just deceiving ourselves

Most of the accolades of Seyi is that he pays Salary but Ajimobi was paying salary too promptly when he first got there, he even paid 13th-month salary before oil prices crashed
https://allafrica.com/stories/201201050872.html

He built many infrastructures too but his main issue was that he can talk anyhow and doesn't respect anyone

We all go back to Nigeria and still see the same infrastructures that we had in 1980 still there and getting worse or no improvement. The same road we plied in 1990 hasn't been improved upon yet we wonder why we don't have functioning hospitals and rails. We are wondering why we have 200 ventilators for 200m people 1 for 1million.

Imagine Nigeria is just working on a functional rail in 2020 while we have countries less than us using rail for many decades Until I see real projects on ground and not audio social media noise, I am not impressed
well said

But I disagree that ladoja is better than ajimobi. Ladoja's education drive was no doubt the best Oyo state ever had with the whole free education and 30 students in a class, but dude didn't achieve much in other areas. (Although I will blame Amala politics of that time for that) ..

Ajimobi is still the best governor Oyo state ever had. Arrogant, yes! but his leadership style is impeccable.
Ajimobi litteraly transformed ibadan. I specifically said ibadan cos I don't know how well he did at other areas of Oyo state.

From security, to cleaniness,(Did you know ibadan used to be dirtier than aba until ajimobi came?) To infrastructure and making ibadan investment destination.
Ajimobi was also part of the reasons I actually moved a part of business to ibadan.

I even prefer his education drive to ladoja because It makes more sense than just making everything free for clout..

Ajimobi is not perfect (the problem I had with him is not paying salary on time) but he is wayyyy ahead of the rest of other clowns that has ruled oyo state when it comes to leadership. and this current low budget fayoshe.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 10:16am On Apr 04, 2020
larride:

I guess I should have worded that better. Majority of the blue buses Ambode bought were “wasting” away for the most part of Ambode govt. The blue buses are not under the BRT scheme, they are under the Lagos Bus Service Limited (LSBL). In fact the blue buses don’t run on the BRT lanes.

Most of these buses were meant to run from the Terminals that were being built and only Ikeja Terminal was completed and even that was later pulled down by Ambode govt himself.

Well, that's better

I believe his worst mistake was the breakup between him and his Tinubu. That was all it took to send his political life into the abyss of oblivion.

I was/am his fan, but he made very stupid decisions, like spending so much in developing Epe, the Visionscape saga and neglect of his predecessors projects.

But he did bring some changes. The change in the Lagos VIO started from him, the bridges, lay-bys at various bus stops. And some other developments

I still believe it was too early to crucify him. But then, he already bit the finger that fed him
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:46am On Apr 04, 2020
raumdeuter:

We have to tender our apologies to Gandolla for how we treated him. Cos even if na $100 bills how much can that Babariga contain. The guy did us a favour by cllecting money in his Babariga, If he knew what his mates were doing with proxy companies.

People like Ibori finished 8yrs tenure even UK begin fear the type of money he get, Akpabio dem dem or Jagaban himself after 8yrs turned into institutions

Best and most merciful governor in Nigeria na Ganduje. The guy still dey use Okotie Eboh stealing methods
Akpabio earned the right to steal, by your standard. His infrastructures are world class.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:16am On Apr 04, 2020
larride:

This ain't true bros, brt is still running till date
I don't understand the majority that's wasting away
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:16am On Apr 04, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:20am On Apr 04, 2020
Swissh:

With the propensity for Nigerians to eat anything, we should go easy on knocking the Chinese. What is bushmeat but rats. Add lalasticlalas regular fp snake, monitor lizards, any strange creature that washes ashore, and we have our own Nigerian virus just t waiting to break out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 04, 2020
iamoyindamola:

https://punchng.com/ambode-loses-bid-to-stop-probe-into-purchase-of-820-vehicles/

The buses in question were for a different project. There was a plan to phase out danfo and replace them with some coaster style buses.

Back then my company put together some proposals for a fuel dump that would service these buses. The entire swath at Maryland from the Mobil to oando right down to oando at Anthony was supposed to be demolished for this purpose. (bus park) They even dropped demolition notices.

The buses were Chinese. I did some research back them because we were producing 3d renders and we wanted to find models that matched the buses
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 11:46am On Apr 04, 2020
ornicus:

https://punchng.com/ambode-loses-bid-to-stop-probe-into-purchase-of-820-vehicles/

The buses in question were for a different project. There was a plan to phase out danfo and replace them with some coaster style buses.

Back then my company put together some proposals for a fuel dump that would service these buses. The entire swath at Maryland from the Mobil to oando right down to oando at Anthony was supposed to be demolished for this purpose. (bus park) They even dropped demolition notices.

The buses were Chinese. I did some research back them because we were producing 3d renders and we wanted to find models that matched the buses
These are the new Marco Polo lsbl buses not the best buses
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:59am On Apr 04, 2020
izzou:

I watched that video multiple times

He was giving updates on how the NCDC were slow to respond to him. The bashings they got on Instagram sef is enough to summon their director

In a time like this, and someone sees it as an error?

Maybe we all should start making false videos and apologizing

Idiots like that are why I still have some support for the social media bill. No common sense, no filter, just chasing clout upandan. There is a pandemic and people are dying and the stupid boy is posting nonsense. Where is the DSS when you need them to quell national security threats
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TeeBabss(m): 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2020
raumdeuter:

I am from Oyo state. I have never voted in any Nigerian election in my life and IMO I think the rating of Oyo governors since 1999 are below. I think Ladoja was the best and Akala is the worst governor ever. Both were PDP governors
Ladoja (PDP)
Ajimobi (APC)
Lam (AD)
Akala (PDP)

What I have seen from Seyi simply shows he is a media governor with no concrete plan, The major problem people had with Ajimobi was his perceived arrogance and this makes people bias against him, In Nigeria, we love those who give us flowery words without any action to back it, we like people who don't tell us the truth but massage our egos later in 20yrs time we will be wondering why we are still behind Benin and Togo.

Many things people dare not do in the private sector, they believe its govt that they should do it.

1. When Ajimobi got there, Ibadan was the center of NURTW crisis, he brought it all under control and sent some of those thugs to prison. Makinde to get power, aligned with some of these thugs like Igboho, and Auxilliary Now Auxilliary is the head of Park Managers in Oyo State

2. Ajimobi banned street trading and roadside shanties used for petty trade, Makinde resumed and played to the gallery that his mother was also a street trader and street trading should resume

3. I saw on Social Media one person posting how Makinde was at night joining waste management to pack gutters, And posted "See a humble governor, he even denied himself sleep to pack gutters" Someone asked him that if there was no camera will Makinde be there tonight to pack gutters?

4. Ajimobi implemented a levy on all school students which they use to buy things like chalk and other school needs but Makinde cut it. Some of those schools don't even have chalks again and the money they used to make from the levy is gone. So they are enjoying free education but without ordinary chalk to learn

For Nigeria to develop we need some hard decisions not just words and massaging egos. I don't mind someone who talks rudely as long as he delivers. I don't mind tough actions as long as we get results

That is why a governor will spend 4yrs doing nothing but give us 1 derica of garri and rice and be voted back in because he knows how to talk or blame opposition

For example, Bisi Akande in Osun found out that an average secondary school in Osun will have 8 PE teachers, 6 CRK teachers, 8 IRK teachers but 1 Math teacher, 0 Physics and Chemistry teachers he retired many of those redundant workers employed more Science and Math teacher but lost election because of that

One governor mandated that if you are teaching a subject you should take a WAEC standard test of the subject and get 50%. Please tell me what is wrong with that policy? But he lost reelection because people frowned at it.

I asked someone if you are not competent enough, will First Bank or Zenith or MTN retain you? We see the efficiencies in some places and love it but we cannot practice the same thing

Nigeria needs to make some tough decisions now or else we are just deceiving ourselves

Most of the accolades of Seyi is that he pays Salary but Ajimobi was paying salary too promptly when he first got there, he even paid 13th-month salary before oil prices crashed
https://allafrica.com/stories/201201050872.html

He built many infrastructures too but his main issue was that he can talk anyhow and doesn't respect anyone

We all go back to Nigeria and still see the same infrastructures that we had in 1980 still there and getting worse or no improvement. The same road we plied in 1990 hasn't been improved upon yet we wonder why we don't have functioning hospitals and rails. We are wondering why we have 200 ventilators for 200m people 1 for 1million.

Imagine Nigeria is just working on a functional rail in 2020 while we have countries less than us using rail for many decades Until I see real projects on ground and not audio social media noise, I am not impressed

Point 1/2 - Park management system is actually a good policy, increases IGR and gives people freedom from devilish/corrupt NURTW boss - Ajimobi banned street hawking, but was never effective, when last did you visit Oyo State, lol

I'm more concerned about the 4th point...
Seyi's free education is one of his best policies ever!

During Ajimobi's time; students were paying per term, they actually paid for everything - school fees, exam fee, test answer sheet, lesson, practicals, PTA, etc....
It was a difficult time for most parents, even for teachers because it was so difficult to keep such records (most parents were like contributing money per week, some would drop #200 today, #100 tomorrow).
These parents are mostly low income earners, even the students hustle after school....Why should it be hard for govt to give us free education, free education for the masses

Bro, I'm sure you don't know that we were sending the school fees to principal's account, not school... And the rest, we were sharing it somehow somehow

*When Seyi announced Free Education*
It was second term last year, and by third term last year, we had unimaginable number of new students. What does that mean? The Ajimobi (and diff schools) fee was a big deal to most parents.

It looked like it wasn't going to be so smooth from the outset, but now, every school is getting all the needed educational materials on time - chalks, markers and the likes... And Seyi is giving free books (exercise books and textbooks)...
So, the educational point you made, I don't agree with you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:02pm On Apr 04, 2020
izzou:

While I know that it's gross incompetency on thier part, at least he fired him.

This is an excerpt from one of the numerous cases in this country. Who was fired for this?

Stop repeating it like it's new

https://www.nairaland.com/4796869/apc-uses-picture-india-promote

Gross incompetence in lying. He didn't fire the guy for lying, he fired him for lying foolishly. Most of the time the handlers will post a picture that people may argue over its authenticity because it is hard to verify.

As for apc sm handler, when you have garba shebu, anything goes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 12:17pm On Apr 04, 2020
gensteejay:
A guy on Twitter, iProf, presented some strong pieces of evidence that show coronavirus was engineered genetically in a lab in China as a bioweapon.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1242939576068509696.html

The full thread is on the guy's Twitter handle (iProf).

Afrodoc2, Ibime, Raumdeuter, Unlimited22, and other members, what are your thoughts on his claims?
Anything is possible, but I hope you're not using that article as a means to try to convince people.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 12:35pm On Apr 04, 2020
ornicus:

Idiots like that are why I still have some support for the social media bill. No common sense, no filter, just chasing clout upandan. There is a pandemic and people are dying and the stupid boy is posting nonsense. Where is the DSS when you need them to quell national security threats

I just tire.

I don't work with the NCDC, but I can imagine how restless they are currently. From receiving calls to logistics, to picking up suspected cases, carrying out tests The job must be overwhelming

And then someone goes online, fakes his attack, makes a video bashing the NCDC for not responding to him, and later rejecting his request to be tested, creating panic and distrust in the state, and then he comes back to say sorry

These are the kind of people DSS should manhandle and nobody would care.

That boy's stupidity is progressing geometrically

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:37pm On Apr 04, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
well said

But I disagree that ladoja is better than ajimobi. Ladoja's education drive was no doubt the best Oyo state ever had with the whole free education and 30 students in a class, but dude didn't achieve much in other areas. (Although I will blame Amala politics of that time for that) ..

Ajimobi is still the best governor Oyo state ever had. Arrogant, yes! but his leadership style is impeccable.
Ajimobi litteraly transformed ibadan. I specifically said ibadan cos I don't know how well he did at other areas of Oyo state.

From security, to cleaniness,(Did you know ibadan used to be dirtier than aba until ajimobi came?) To infrastructure and making ibadan investment destination.
Ajimobi was also part of the reasons I actually moved a part of business to ibadan.

I even prefer his education drive to ladoja because It makes more sense than just making everything free for clout..

Ajimobi is not perfect (the problem I had with him is not paying salary on time) but he is wayyyy ahead of the rest of other clowns that has ruled oyo state when it comes to leadership. and this current low budget fayoshe.

You are absolutely right. Ajimobi over Ladoja for me too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:39pm On Apr 04, 2020
airmark:

You are absolutely right. Ajimobi over Ladoja for me too.

Ladojas hands were tied though. Adedibu expected a hefty monthly kick back, and he made no bones about it. He basically said I put the man there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:43pm On Apr 04, 2020
ornicus:

Ladojas hands were tied though. Adedibu expected a hefty monthly kick back, and he made no bones about it. He basically said I put the man there.

Yea i know. It was so bad for Ladoja that it was alleged that even Obasanjo had to tell him to do Adedibu's bidding, as the Alaafin of Molete.

But based on what they achieved, i rate Ajimobi higher.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:48pm On Apr 04, 2020
ornicus:

You should see the nonsense shared by grown adults on one WhatsApp group I am in

A ten point list including Nancy pelosi teaming up with the premier to release the virus in the us so they can bring down trump

Us companies losing value so China can buy them over pennies on the dollar

New world order and other bullshit

China simply has more manufacturing power to produce the PPEs and machinery required by health professionals, and they have a centralised command structure that can react quickly to organise logistics, build hospitals etc much in the same way an army response unit would.

Some people saw China stockmarket holding steady while the Western markets fell and started talking bull about conspiracy, not knowing China also has many controls over its stock market, including owning stake in every strategic company in China. The Chinese Govt would likely be buying more shares in those companies while others sell, keeping share prices fairly static. Infact any major Chinese investor trying to sell shares now would be viewed as unpatriotic by the regime, and they know it.

They also know how each company contributes to the logistics effort and can coordinate them being board members of those companies themselves.

Can you imagine UK was just sending out letters to companies yesterday asking them if they have the capability to manufacture anti-body kits, a full month after anti-body kit manufacturers had contacted Govt departments to say they already have the kit, only to be met by a brick wall. This is the kind of bureaucracy we are dealing with. See Trump fighting with 3M over FFP3 masks, an American company shipping FFP3 to other countries from its factories in Asia, when American doctors are getting infected from wearing the same mask for one week. As of right now, most UK Hospital Trusts have only been able to secure about 50,000 each. A friend of my sisters who owns a medical devices company said he had option on 600 ventilators which he tried to sell to UK in January. They were messing about so he sold to China. China is trouncing the West right now. After this Covid, the West needs to come together and devise a strategy for dealing with China.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:06pm On Apr 04, 2020
ornicus:

With the propensity for Nigerians to eat anything, we should go easy on knocking the Chinese. What is bushmeat but rats. Add lalasticlalas regular fp snake, monitor lizards, any strange creature that washes ashore, and we have our own Nigerian virus just t waiting to break out.

Bushmeat per se is not the wahala. Afterall even the fish we eat are wild animals. And we have caught swine flu from domesticated pigs and avian flu from domesticated birds. It is known that some species harbour more viruses than others and scientists have been warning for years that bats harbour 50% of the Coronaviruses in the world. China has already been stung by SARS Coronavirus from Bats in 2002, it is highly irresponsible of them to allow Bats to continue to be traded 20 years later.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 1:07pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ibime:

China simply has more manufacturing power to produce the PPEs and machinery required by health professionals, and they have a centralised command structure that can react quickly to organise logistics, build hospitals etc much in the same way an army response unit would.

Some people saw China stockmarket holding steady while the Western markets fell and started talking bull about conspiracy, not knowing China also has many controls over its stock market, including owning stake in every strategic company in China. The Chinese Govt would likely be buying more shares in those companies while others sell, keeping share prices fairly static. Infact any major Chinese investor trying to sell shares now would be viewed as unpatriotic by the regime, and they know it.

They also know how each company contributes to the logistics effort and can coordinate them being board members of those companies themselves.

Can you imagine UK was just sending out letters to companies yesterday asking them if they have the capability to manufacture anti-body kits, a full month after anti-body kit manufacturers had contacted Govt departments to say they already have the kit, only to be met by a brick wall. This is the kind of bureaucracy we are dealing with. See Trump fighting with 3M over FFP3 masks, an American company shipping FFP3 to other countries from its factories in Asia, when American doctors are getting infected from wearing the same mask for one week. As of right now, most UK Hospital Trusts have only been able to secure about 50,000 each. A friend of my sisters who owns a medical devices company said he had option on 600 ventilators which he tried to sell to UK in January. They were messing about so he sold to China. China is trouncing the West right now. After this Covid, the West needs to come together and devise a strategy for dealing with China.
EU needs china more than china needs them.
With chinese cheap labour and cheap electronics and others. I dont think anyone will wanna side against them.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 04, 2020
Unlimited22:

Anything is possible, but I hope you're not using that article as a means to try to convince people.
Convince people about what?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 1:47pm On Apr 04, 2020
izzou:

I just tire.

I don't work with the NCDC, but I can imagine how restless they are currently. From receiving calls to logistics, to picking up suspected cases, carrying out tests The job must be overwhelming

And then someone goes online, fakes his attack, makes a video bashing the NCDC for not responding to him, and later rejecting his request to be tested, creating panic and distrust in the state, and then he comes back to say sorry

These are the kind of people DSS should manhandle and nobody would care.

That boy's stupidity is progressing geometrically
very annoying something. The guy needs to face some consequences of his insensitivity.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nitrogen(m): 2:33pm On Apr 04, 2020
ornicus:

The difference is an average Chinese can eat uncooked or very wet animals, we typically overheat/cook, dry and fry stuffs we eat. I believe that viruses die when exposed to high temperature.

You can't fault people's culture and traditions though.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 2:37pm On Apr 04, 2020
iamoyindamola:

No nah bros. Read my post again.

We are not talking about BRT that is being managed by Primero. We are talking about the blue buses under LSBL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 2:39pm On Apr 04, 2020
TeeBabss:

Point 1/2 - Park management system is actually a good policy, increases IGR and gives people freedom from devilish/corrupt NURTW boss - Ajimobi banned street hawking, but was never effective, when last did you visit Oyo State, lol

I'm more concerned about the 4th point...
Seyi's free education is one of his best policies ever!

During Ajimobi's time; students were paying per term, they actually paid for everything - school fees, exam fee, test answer sheet, lesson, practicals, PTA, etc....
It was a difficult time for most parents, even for teachers because it was so difficult to keep such records (most parents were like contributing money per week, some would drop #200 today, #100 tomorrow).
These parents are mostly low income earners, even the students hustle after school....Why should it be hard for govt to give us free education, free education for the masses

Bro, I'm sure you don't know that we were sending the school fees to principal's account, not school... And the rest, we were sharing it somehow somehow

*When Seyi announced Free Education*
It was second term last year, and by third term last year, we had unimaginable number of new students. What does that mean? The Ajimobi (and diff schools) fee was a big deal to most parents.

It looked like it wasn't going to be so smooth from the outset, but now, every school is getting all the needed educational materials on time - chalks, markers and the likes... And Seyi is giving free books (exercise books and textbooks)...
So, the educational point you made, I don't agree with you

So if they can’t pay 1k per term and 3k per year, where are they going to get the money to pay for WAEC?

It seems you have forgotten what cause the introduction of the 1k per term fees in 2016. Don’t forget before then, It was free and the state govt was paying their WAEC also.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 2:50pm On Apr 04, 2020
larride:

No nah bros. Read my post again.

We are not talking about BRT that is being managed by Primero. We are talking about the blue buses under LSBL.
Sorry about that
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 3:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
larride:

Ambode was a disaster in Lagos, he set the state backward from where Fashola left it. If not for Ambode, the blue line would have been completed by now. Sanwoolu says it will be completed by 2022. Hopefully it finally comes to reality. Even the proposed Lekki seaport is just turninoninown

I don’t know what’s wrong with Buhari that he hasn’t sent back the Special Corruption Court Bill back to NASS. The bill was rejected by the Saraki led senate. hopefully with the Lawan led senate, the bill will be passed and we can have fast trail of corruption cases.

If you follow my posts closely, you will note that I am not one to defend Nigerian politicians, but in this case, I will respectfully disagree with the embolden. Ambode worked wonders with road infrastructure in Lagos, particularly, the mainland. I visited home 2 years ago and to be honest, I was amazed at the number of roads/ bridges this man had constructed in such a short span. The more impressive thing was the quality of these roads!! Everyone I spoke with including Uber drivers, local chiefs/ landlords, market women acknowledged Ambode's strides even though they accepted he will not return for a 2nd term.
Lagos was dirtier than I had ever seen with refuse dumped along major roads and that was because of the politics that was being played with waste management so I did not really blame him. He may have failed in other areas but calling his tenure a disaster is not a true reflection of what I saw when I visited home. Again, I hold not party affiliations in Nigeria and could care less about any Nigerian politician.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 3:19pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ibime:

At the end of the day, it all comes down to the cost of labor...nothing else. China understands the economics of supply and production irrespective of how the West feels about it. Until the cost of Labor balances in the West, the world including Europe will continue to rely on China. Isn't it ironic that the world accuses China of child labor and all that but still run to them for everything? Dealing with China will have to start from home for the West and that means making labor affordable.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 3:43pm On Apr 04, 2020
Roland17:

If you follow my posts closely, you will note that I am not one to defend Nigerian politicians, but in this case, I will respectfully disagree with the embolden. Ambode worked wonders with road infrastructure in Lagos, particularly, the mainland. I visited home 2 years ago and to be honest, I was amazed at the number of roads/ bridges this man had constructed in such a short span. The more impressive thing was the quality of these roads!! Everyone I spoke with including Uber drivers, local chiefs/ landlords, market women acknowledged Ambode's strides even though they accepted he will not return for a 2nd term.
Lagos was dirtier than I had ever seen with refuse dumped along major roads and that was because of the politics that was being played with waste management so I did not really blame him. He may have failed in other areas but calling his tenure a disaster is not a true reflection of what I saw when I visited home. Again, I hold not party affiliations in Nigeria and could care less about any Nigerian politician.

If you check my subsequent post, you will see I did acknowledge the fact that Ambode did build some new roads and did well in Epe.

But he neglected existing roads that need maintenance and repairs. LSPWC that were in charge of road maintenance and repairs were rendered useless, majority of roads and connecting highways deteriorated badly.

The Cleaner Lagos Initiative is what turn Lagos into a defuse dump. Ambode went to bring Visionscape Sanitation Ltd from Dubai as its strategic partner when he already had a working system in place with the PSP operators.

Considering where Fashola left Lagos, Ambode did take us backward. If he had sustained the efforts of Fashola, Lagos would have developed more than this and Sanwoolu won’t be using the first year of his tenure to fixing decaying roads round the state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8631) (8632) (8633) (8634) (8635) (8636) (8637) ... (19103) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 14 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.