Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10427065 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8632) (8633) (8634) (8635) (8636) (8637) (8638) ... (19106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Apr 04, 2020
larride:

If you check my subsequent post, you will see I did acknowledge the fact that Ambode did build some new roads and did well in Epe.

But he neglected existing roads that need maintenance and repairs. LSPWC that were in charge of road maintenance and repairs were rendered useless, majority of roads and connecting highways deteriorated badly.

The Cleaner Lagos Initiative is what turn Lagos into a defuse dump. Ambode went to bring Visionscape Sanitation Ltd from Dubai as its strategic partner when he already had a working system in place with the PSP operators.

Considering where Fashola left Lagos, Ambode did take us backward. If he had sustained the efforts of Fashola, Lagos would have developed more than this and Sanwoolu won’t be using the first year of his tenure to fixing decaying roads round the state.

Anyone entering festac via 3rd gate will not wish Ambode well. It was a car destroying nightmare. And now it is 85%fixed

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 4:55pm On Apr 04, 2020
Greatihex:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yt16PJexuA

Listen and be blessed.
God bless you plenty. I was richly blessed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 5:12pm On Apr 04, 2020
Skimpledawg:

God bless you plenty. I was richly blessed.
God bless you too. The Lord is our strength.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bville02(m): 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2020
raumdeuter:

I am from Oyo state. I have never voted in any Nigerian election in my life and IMO I think the rating of Oyo governors since 1999 are below. I think Ladoja was the best and Akala is the worst governor ever. Both were PDP governors
Ladoja (PDP)
Ajimobi (APC)
Lam (AD)
Akala (PDP)

What I have seen from Seyi simply shows he is a media governor with no concrete plan, The major problem people had with Ajimobi was his perceived arrogance and this makes people bias against him, In Nigeria, we love those who give us flowery words without any action to back it, we like people who don't tell us the truth but massage our egos later in 20yrs time we will be wondering why we are still behind Benin and Togo.

Many things people dare not do in the private sector, they believe its govt that they should do it.

1. When Ajimobi got there, Ibadan was the center of NURTW crisis, he brought it all under control and sent some of those thugs to prison. Makinde to get power, aligned with some of these thugs like Igboho, and Auxilliary Now Auxilliary is the head of Park Managers in Oyo State

2. Ajimobi banned street trading and roadside shanties used for petty trade, Makinde resumed and played to the gallery that his mother was also a street trader and street trading should resume

3. I saw on Social Media one person posting how Makinde was at night joining waste management to pack gutters, And posted "See a humble governor, he even denied himself sleep to pack gutters" Someone asked him that if there was no camera will Makinde be there tonight to pack gutters?

4. Ajimobi implemented a levy on all school students which they use to buy things like chalk and other school needs but Makinde cut it. Some of those schools don't even have chalks again and the money they used to make from the levy is gone. So they are enjoying free education but without ordinary chalk to learn

For Nigeria to develop we need some hard decisions not just words and massaging egos. I don't mind someone who talks rudely as long as he delivers. I don't mind tough actions as long as we get results

That is why a governor will spend 4yrs doing nothing but give us 1 derica of garri and rice and be voted back in because he knows how to talk or blame opposition

For example, Bisi Akande in Osun found out that an average secondary school in Osun will have 8 PE teachers, 6 CRK teachers, 8 IRK teachers but 1 Math teacher, 0 Physics and Chemistry teachers he retired many of those redundant workers employed more Science and Math teacher but lost election because of that

One governor mandated that if you are teaching a subject you should take a WAEC standard test of the subject and get 50%. Please tell me what is wrong with that policy? But he lost reelection because people frowned at it.

I asked someone if you are not competent enough, will First Bank or Zenith or MTN retain you? We see the efficiencies in some places and love it but we cannot practice the same thing

Nigeria needs to make some tough decisions now or else we are just deceiving ourselves

Most of the accolades of Seyi is that he pays Salary but Ajimobi was paying salary too promptly when he first got there, he even paid 13th-month salary before oil prices crashed
https://allafrica.com/stories/201201050872.html

He built many infrastructures too but his main issue was that he can talk anyhow and doesn't respect anyone

We all go back to Nigeria and still see the same infrastructures that we had in 1980 still there and getting worse or no improvement. The same road we plied in 1990 hasn't been improved upon yet we wonder why we don't have functioning hospitals and rails. We are wondering why we have 200 ventilators for 200m people 1 for 1million.

Imagine Nigeria is just working on a functional rail in 2020 while we have countries less than us using rail for many decades Until I see real projects on ground and not audio social media noise, I am not impressed

I understand better now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BrodaZakius: 5:20pm On Apr 04, 2020
larride:

I guess I should have worded that better. Majority of the blue buses Ambode bought were “wasting” away for the most part of Ambode govt. The blue buses are not under the BRT scheme, they are under the Lagos Bus Service Limited (LSBL). In fact the blue buses don’t run on the BRT lanes.

Most of these buses were meant to run from the Terminals that were being built and only Ikeja Terminal was completed and even that was later pulled down by Ambode govt himself.

The bold part of Ur statement is incorrect. Do you live in Lagos? If stay on the mainland, I will advise you drive to the terminal once the lockdown is over and see the state of the terminal yourself.

What most people reported falsely online as the terminal being taken down after Buhari commissioned it is far from the truth. What most people don't know is this: The terminal was built on an expanse of land with provision made for a shopping mall like the one we have at Alausa. What was being done after that commissioning was the modifications to the mall. Go there today and you will see the terminal fully operation and Jara Mall beside it fully operational as well.

The Terminal is right there along with the mall on Simbiat Abiola way.

Maybe Ambode was wrong dabbling into so many projects at once, but I tell u even wasn't a disaster or total set-back like most party loyalists want to believe

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Botfuss: 5:39pm On Apr 04, 2020
NinjaMetahuman:
well said

But I disagree that ladoja is better than ajimobi. Ladoja's education drive was no doubt the best Oyo state ever had with the whole free education and 30 students in a class, but dude didn't achieve much in other areas. (Although I will blame Amala politics of that time for that) ..

Ajimobi is still the best governor Oyo state ever had. Arrogant, yes! but his leadership style is impeccable.
Ajimobi litteraly transformed ibadan. I specifically said ibadan cos I don't know how well he did at other areas of Oyo state.

From security, to cleaniness,(Did you know ibadan used to be dirtier than aba until ajimobi came?) To infrastructure and making ibadan investment destination.
Ajimobi was also part of the reasons I actually moved a part of business to ibadan.

I even prefer his education drive to ladoja because It makes more sense than just making everything free for clout..

Ajimobi is not perfect (the problem I had with him is not paying salary on time) but he is wayyyy ahead of the rest of other clowns that has ruled oyo state when it comes to leadership. and this current low budget fayoshe.

Your second paragraph says it all. To those of us outside Ibadan, Ajimobi is the worst governor we’ve had in oyo state. He was terrible than a cancer. And he has ruined his family’s name beyond repair. ( evident in the fact that he lost senatorial elections).

He did absolutely NOTHING in other towns. Not a single social infrastructure in oke ogun, oyo, ogbomoso etc. He’ll be stoned in any of these towns. The worst we’ve had in the history of oyo state.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 5:41pm On Apr 04, 2020
ornicus:

Anyone entering festac via 3rd gate will not wish Ambode well. It was a car destroying nightmare. And now it is 85%fixed

Lagos Badagry expressway nko? grin

Ambode forgot that it existed

I think Lagos Badagry expressway should break the record for the road that was constructed within the longest time

Since 2009, they have been constructing one road, yet e never reach Badagry roundabout grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:46pm On Apr 04, 2020
Roland17:

At the end of the day, it all comes down to the cost of labor...nothing else. China understands the economics of supply and production irrespective of how the West feels about it. Until the cost of Labor balances in the West, the world including Europe will continue to rely on China. Isn't it ironic that the world accuses China of child labor and all that but still run to them for everything? Dealing with China will have to start from home for the West and that means making labor affordable.

Labour affordability alone cannot explain China's competitive advantage, neither can the West aim to make Labour affordable at home. China holds the whole value chain from labour affordability to skilled workforce to equipment to related and supporting industries to centralised coordination, and even internal demand factors - otherwise we would just send our manufacturing to Bangladesh.

The West must make a joint and combined effort to drive production to other countries who share our ideology like they did from 1950s to 1990s which saw the rise of Taiwan, Japan and South Korea for example. That can only come in the form of tarriffs which will disincentivize companies from producing in China.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BrodaZakius: 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2020
Roland17:

If you follow my posts closely, you will note that I am not one to defend Nigerian politicians, but in this case, I will respectfully disagree with the embolden. Ambode worked wonders with road infrastructure in Lagos, particularly, the mainland. I visited home 2 years ago and to be honest, I was amazed at the number of roads/ bridges this man had constructed in such a short span. The more impressive thing was the quality of these roads!! Everyone I spoke with including Uber drivers, local chiefs/ landlords, market women acknowledged Ambode's strides even though they accepted he will not return for a 2nd term.
Lagos was dirtier than I had ever seen with refuse dumped along major roads and that was because of the politics that was being played with waste management so I did not really blame him. He may have failed in other areas but calling his tenure a disaster is not a true reflection of what I saw when I visited home. Again, I hold not party affiliations in Nigeria and could care less about any Nigerian politician.

You are right. Anybody saying is a total failure is just being economical with the truth.

Ambode may have failed in some aspects particularly the LAWMA/ visioncape issue about waste disposal, but believe me Ambode had his good sides too. While people may keep hammering on the road network he constructed in Epe saying he's just did that because that was his constituency, he did quite well in some other parts.

1. Ambode commisioned 21 road networks in Alimosho LGA in one day. These are not Audio roads, and these are not patch work currently being done by Sanwoolu. They are roads constructed from the scratch. I spent my early years in Alimosho, one of the bridges he constructed is the biggest thing that ever happened to the people of Aboru community. Since I was in primary school we've always heard of school children getting drowned in the Aboru canal once it rains, the old wooden bridge gets slippery and tens of students drown every rainy season. Not only did Ambode open up the area with a strong concrete Motorable bridge, he further constructed inner roads linking Abule-Egba, Ekoro and other parts.

From places like Ikola, Command, thanks to Ambode u will get to Cannanland Ota less than 45 minutes. A journey u might spend close to 4hours on a normal day. I also some these things were audio till I paid a friend a visit around AIT/Kola and all tru it was from one smooth road to the other. I was even angry those things didn't get the deserved media hype they should've gotten at the day.

2. Ambode's undoing was doing too much in one term. He was determined to work his ass off. He was busy working on Lagos -Abeokuta Expressway linking Iyana Ipaj and Oshodi at the same time Working on the Agege/ Pen Cinema flyover brigde. These two roads are alternatives. The people felt he was deliberately imposing hardship on them due to the traffic on the two routes, even though he thought he was doing the right thing to make them enjoy everything at once. Ambode was inexperienced and should've bidded his time.

He was doing so well that the 3 senators representing Lagos endorsed him for his hardwork as seen in the picture below.

Ambode was just a victim of his Party's internal politicking. Nothing more.

If anybody still believe Ambode is a failure, let him show us details of Tinubu's achievements in his first term when he was still receiving allocation before he had rift with Obasanjo and let's compare with Ambode's 4 years.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Botfuss: 5:47pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ajimobi ruined our higher institutions. The “constituted authority “ video is a pointer to how he dealt with lautech. He owed civil servant salaries for months. Stopped payment of bursaries to students. May God continue to punish him. He lost senatorial election, and recently wasn’t allowed to be osiomole’s vice. It’s just the beginning.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BrodaZakius: 6:02pm On Apr 04, 2020
izzou:

Lagos Badagry expressway nko? grin

Ambode forgot that it existed

I think Lagos Badagry expressway should break the record for the road that was constructed within the longest time

Since 2009, they have been constructing one road, yet e never reach Badagry roundabout grin

That road is just meant for current and future governors to cash out and chop their own grin

I spent 4 years in Lasu, graduated and observed the compulsory one year NYSC service year; I've worked for 5 years now and the road is still under construction. Isn't that wonderful grin

I was forced to attend a wedding at Agbara last year on behalf of the company because the bride's father is one of our directors. Kai! I see shege that day It took almost 5 hours to get to Agbara even after bypassing the normal volks/Okoko traffic o. Our vehicle was stuck in a bad portion of the road close to an hour, the driver was asking me to stay in the car he will drive out of of the pothole....blah blah. I just came down looked for these Dangote discuss with the driver and he pulled us out of the pothole for a ₦500.

From that point I told the driver to follow one-way once he sees others doing same cos that means there's another failed portion of the road ahead. That was the lesson I learnt on that road;once u see people following one way just join them don't ask questions grin

I just can't imagine how people living in those areas transport themselves to Lagos island or mainland daily o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 6:07pm On Apr 04, 2020
BrodaZakius:

That road is just meant for current and future governors to cash out and chop their own grin

I spent 4 years in Lasu, graduated and observed the compulsory one year NYSC service year; I've worked for 5 years now and the road is still under construction. Isn't that wonderful grin

I was forced to attend a wedding at Agbara last year on behalf of the company because the bride's father is one of our directors. Kai! I see shege that day It took almost 5 hours to get to Agbara even after bypassing the normal volks/Okoko traffic o. Our vehicle was stuck in a bad portion of the road close to an hour, the driver was asking me to stay in the car he will drive out of of the pothole....blah blah. I just came down looked for these Dangote discuss with the driver and he pulled us out of the pothole for a ₦500.

From that point I told the driver to follow one-way once he sees other doing same cos that means there's another failed portion of the road ahead. That was the lesson I learnt on that road, once u see people following one way just join them don't ask questions grin

If people begin to share their experiences, this thread go full

Although, Sanwo olu has fixed from Okoko to the Agbara bridge. It's very very motorable now.

The road is under construction currently, but it's more than 11 years now.

I stay there sometimes. If I want to leave for the island, I am already at the bus stop by 4 am(yes, you see buses and people then), or I drive out by 4:30am. I would be getting to Mile 2 by Quarter to 6, or later grin.

Leaving Badagry is not really the problem. It's returning at night that has headache. You can spend 2 hours just at Iyanaoba alone
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BrodaZakius: 6:27pm On Apr 04, 2020
izzou:

If people begin to share their experiences, this thread go full

Although, Sanwo olu has fixed from Okoko to the Agbara bridge. It's very very motorable now.

The road is under construction currently, but it's more than 11 years now.

I stay there sometimes. If I want to leave for the island, I am already at the bus stop by 4 am(yes, you see buses and people then), or I drive out by 4:30am. I would be getting to Mile 2 by Quarter to 6, or later grin.

Leaving Badagry is not really the problem. It's returning at night that has headache. You can spend 2 hours just at Iyanaoba alone

Olboy u are the real MVP. Here I was wondering if everybody livong around that axis are traders whose source of livelihood revolves around that area because I can't imagine someone living there either driving or using public transport system to other parts of Lagos every day.

I can imagine that iyana-iba madness at night and even those useless boys at volks always trying to rob passerby of their belongings or breaking people's windshield in traffic. I nearly had a bitter experience there around 2013. Places like that is where SARS should have their command centre and be patrolling day and night, not disturbing normal people upandan the street of Lagos.

I respect your hustle o. E no easy plying that axis daily o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:46pm On Apr 04, 2020
UK Coronavirus death rate for those in ICU is 50%.

That means individuals should place their focus on early treatment so as not to reach that stage.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 6:59pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ibime:

Labour affordability alone cannot explain China's competitive advantage, neither can the West aim to make Labour affordable at home. China holds the whole value chain from labour affordability to skilled workforce to equipment to related and supporting industries to centralised coordination, and even internal demand factors - otherwise we would just send our manufacturing to Bangladesh.

The West must make a joint and combined effort to drive production to other countries who share our ideology like they did from 1950s to 1990s which saw the rise of Taiwan, Japan and South Korea for example. That can only come in the form of tarriffs which will disincentivize companies from producing in China.

Building the value chain they boast of today took them decades of hard work and sacrifice especially after WWII when the US assumed global power. Using tariffs against China is unjustified and an unfair advantage especially when you consider they have not actually done anything wrong, I am not speaking of human rights violations here. It did not work last year and it will not work again. If the West comes down on China with tariffs, can you make a just argument that the West can afford the cost of labor incurred in large scale manufacturing? The answer is an absolute no and they know it.

Also, how do you come down on China with tariffs when the bulk of western countries including the US are debtors to China? The US alone owes China over 1 trillion dollars in debt and that accounts for nearly 5% of our total debt. This played a huge role during the cold economic war against the US. When China retaliated by increasing tariffs on US goods, the entire stock market nose dived. Have you wondered why Trump backed down from the cold war with China and is considering reentering the Trans-Pacific trade agreement? The Chinese economic model is a unique one that is quite sustainable because it is embedded in their culture.

Let me give you an instance,Trump banned Huawei telecommunication from the US during the cold economic war and lobbied intensively to have other western countries follow suit in neglecting China but guess what your Boris Johnson did? He went behind the US and agreed with Huawei to provide major equipment for Britain's 5G mobile technology! Sense we not kee Boris Johnson grin

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by wman(m): 7:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
Which one is true?

1. The virus is caused by 5G

2. China created the virus to dominate the West.

3. American soldiers that participated in the 2019 Wuhan Military World Games brought the virus to China.

4. Bill Gates and co created the virus as a population control scheme.

5. The New World Order will create a vaccine for the virus to rule the world

6. Democrats created the virus in conjunction with others to bring down the government of Donald Trump

7. Donald Trump created the virus and waited till it spread so much in the USA, so he'll emerge victorious and win the November elections easily.

8. Coronavirus doesn't exist. You only get it from the test kits.

9. There is no coronavirus in Nigeria. The government is using it to make money.

10. Coronavirus doesn't exist. They are using the opportunity of people staying indoors to lay 5G cables.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hardeycute(m): 7:25pm On Apr 04, 2020
wman:
Which one is true?
If you ask me, everything sounds dumb. cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2020
Roland17:

Building the value chain they boast of today took them decades of hard work and sacrifice especially after WWII when the US assumed global power. Using tariffs against China is unjustified and an unfair advantage especially when you consider they have not actually done anything wrong, I am not speaking of human rights violations here. It did not work last year and it will not work again. If the West comes down on China with tariffs, can you make a just argument that the West can afford the cost of labor incurred in large scale manufacturing? The answer is an absolute no and they know it.

Also, how do you come down on China with tariffs when the bulk of western countries including the US are debtors to China? The US alone owes China over 1 trillion dollars in debt and that accounts for nearly 5% of our total debt. This played a huge role during the cold economic war against the US. When China retaliated by increasing tariffs on US goods, the entire stock market nose dived. Have you wondered why Trump backed down from the cold war with China and is considering reentering the Trans-Pacific trade agreement? The Chinese economic model is a unique one that is quite sustainable because it is embedded in their culture.

Let me give you an instance,Trump banned Huawei telecommunication from the US during the cold economic war and lobbied intensively to have other western countries follow suit in neglecting China but guess what your Borris Johnson did? He went behind the US and agreed with Huawei to provide major equipment for Britain's 5G mobile technology!

The West has allowed themselves to sleepwalk into this position, however a country with a vastly different ideology such as China should not be allowed to become the worlds superpower.

They do everything wrong mate, for example Tiktok can have unfettered access to US market, yet Facebook and Google must go through great firewall and face state-sponsored competition. Everyone is playing by the same rules,.except China.

The West must take some pain to confront the China issue. As Africans, we must live in fear of a Chinese superpower given their flagrant violation of human rights, and general lack of racial education.

Trump was right to confront the China problem. The EU needs to go along with him. Of course companies.share price will take a hit as they seek alternative means of production. Westerners tend to panic anytime they see market movement. Do you think Chinese companies will hesitate if they receive a directive from China government that may hurt their access to markets?

All Western companies should face Tarriff for exporting out of China, and also supported by Western Govts to redirect their production assets to countries that share a free market ideology. It is the only way you confront the China problem. We have capital, they have expertise. Tarriff is the only way to redirect capital to where you want it to go.

Also,.paying back loan dominated in dollars is not a problem if it really came to it. They can pay by fiat if things got to that stage.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 7:41pm On Apr 04, 2020
wman:
Which one is true?

1. The virus is caused by 5G

2. China created the virus to dominate the West.

3. American soldiers that participated in the 2019 Wuhan Military World Games brought the virus to China.

4. Bill Gates and co created the virus as a population control scheme.

5. The New World Order will create a vaccine for the virus to rule the world

6. Democrats created the virus in conjunction with others to bring down the government of Donald Trump

7. Donald Trump created the virus and waited till it spread so much in the USA, so he'll emerge victorious and win the November elections easily.

8. Coronavirus doesn't exist. You only get it from the test kits.

9. There is no coronavirus in Nigeria. The government is using it to make money.

10. Coronavirus doesn't exist. They are using the opportunity of people staying indoors to lay 5G cables.

They are all conspiracy theories!

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ogiandplantain: 8:11pm On Apr 04, 2020
Hey Guys, Onukuguy is back after a long ban from Nairaland, Thanks for all your mentions, I really do appreciate, A very big Thanks to Mr Joseph aka Diggz, You're one in a million bro, I'm so privileged to be among your Keke drivers, So on that note, I'll be giving out 200k tonight to all members of this section
These are the simple rules you've to follow
1. Send a photo of a Verified ID card and a written note showing your moniker
2. The account number should tally with the ID card

Thanks as you all comply, Giveaway will start by 10pm tonight

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 8:17pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ibime:

The West has allowed themselves to sleepwalk into this position, however a country with a vastly different ideology such as China should not be allowed to become the worlds superpower.

They do everything wrong mate, for example Tiktok can have unfettered access to US market, yet Facebook and Google must go through great firewall and face state-sponsored competition. Everyone is playing by the same rules,.except China.

The West must take some pain to confront the China issue. As Africans, we must live in fear of a Chinese superpower given their flagrant violation of human rights, and general lack of racial education.

Trump was right to confront the China problem. The EU needs to go along with him. Of course companies.share price will take a hit as they seek alternative means of production. Westerners tend to panic anytime they see market movement. Do you think Chinese companies will hesitate if they receive a directive from China government that may hurt their access to markets?

All Western companies should face Tarriff for exporting out of China, and also supported by Western Govts to redirect their production assets to countries that share a free market ideology. It is the only way you confront the China problem. We have capital, they have expertise. Tarriff is the only way to redirect capital to where you want it to go.

Also,.paying back loan dominated in dollars is not a problem if it really came to it. They can pay by fiat if things got to that stage.

The truth is, there is not much European nations/ US allies can do now against China. The economy of many European countries is in shambles, total collapse (in the case of Italy, Greece and Spain) and heavily reliant on help in the form of investments from China and the EU because of their debt profiles, escalating inflation and those who are not already in recession will enter recession after this COVID-19. Consequently, most European nations/ West are in no position to take anymore economic risks than they have already.

Take France, Germany, Austria and Britain out of the equation and you would realize that Europe is in a big mess and the future does not look bright. I did not count Russia because they are not aligned with the EU. How much more pressure can these 3 countries shoulder on behalf of the EU? I am not including Austria because they can't shoulder so much else they collapse. While Europe is struggling, China is extending and solidifying its economic reach in Africa and Europe. Europe/ US allies will have to bounce back from their failing economies to make any kind of strong sustainable demands against China and considering how much investment China has made in Europe, it would be very very difficult to accomplish.

Despite playing a significant role in the spread of COVID-19 across the world, China is making strong economic statements by sending millions of supplies to European countries like Italy, Spain, Greece & Germany, The Czech Republic. These moves are strong strategic moves by China aimed softening their perception in the eyes of the world.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ogiandplantain: 8:23pm On Apr 04, 2020
Roland17:

The truth is, there is not much European nations/ US allies can do now against China. The economy of many European countries is in shambles, total collapse (in the case of Italy, Greece and Spain) and heavily reliant on help in the form of investments from China and the EU because of their debt profiles, escalating inflation and those who are not already in recession will enter recession after this COVID-19. Consequently, most European nations/ West are in no position to take anymore economic risks than they have already.

Take France, Germany, Austria and Britain out of the equation and you would realize that Europe is in a big mess and the future does not look bright. I did not count Russia because they are not aligned with the EU. How much more pressure can these 3 countries shoulder on behalf of the EU? I am not including Austria because they can't shoulder so much else they collapse. While Europe is struggling, China is extending and solidifying its economic reach in Africa and Europe. Europe/ US allies will have to bounce back from their failing economies to make any kind of strong sustainable demands against China and considering how much investment China has made in Europe, it would be very very difficult to accomplish.

Despite playing a significant role in the spread of COVID-19 across the world, China is making strong economic statements by sending millions of supplies to European countries like Italy, Spain, Greece & Germany, The Czech Republic. These moves are strong strategic moves by China aimed softening their perception in the eyes of the world.
Please don't derail, Giveaway by 10pm
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:24pm On Apr 04, 2020
Greatihex:
Akpabio earned the right to steal, by your standard. His infrastructures are world class.

Honestly by the Nigerian standard I will say he tried, Compare him to other SS governors who get heavy allocation since 1999, what have they achieved?

Delta Rivers Bayelsa
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ogiandplantain: 8:28pm On Apr 04, 2020
raumdeuter:

Honestly by the Nigerian standard I will say he tried, Compare him to other SS governors who get heavy allocation since 1999, what have they achieved?

Delta Rivers Bayelsa
Dayo Adepoju please stop derailing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 8:30pm On Apr 04, 2020
raumdeuter:

Delta Rivers Bayelsa

Na Bayelsa own dey pain me pass...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 8:33pm On Apr 04, 2020
cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ogiandplantain: 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2020
Roland17:

Na Bayelsa own dey pain me pass...
Ibazebo Roland from KPMG Audit department stop derailing
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:39pm On Apr 04, 2020
Roland17:

While you are right, I think the West needs to come together and take a stand against China. The more we delay, the more reliant the west will be on China and the harder it will be to curtail

Imagine China as the sole superpower in the world with their beliefs and ideologies exported all over the world. Which include gross human right abuses and open disregard for blacks

Shebi in Lagos we see Chinese restaurants refusing service to Nigerians, we see Chinese manufacturers maltreating their local employees
We have even seen Chinese restaurant owners flogging African employees who came late to work

If the world thinks US was a mean superpower, I still think the US is the most benevolent superpower we can hope for
wait till China becomes the sole one controlling economies, controlling manufacturing and production. China wey dey cover up a disease like Corona and hiding the number of infection and deaths, Will they mind declaring Operation Tianamen square on any country?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ogiandplantain: 8:41pm On Apr 04, 2020
raumdeuter:

While you are right, I think the West needs to come together and take a stand against China. The more we delay, the more reliant the west will be on China and the harder it will be to curtail

Imagine China as the sole superpower in the world with their beliefs and ideologies exported all over the world. Which include gross human right abuses and open disregard for blacks

Shebi in Lagos we see Chinese restaurants refusing service to Nigerians, we see Chinese manufacturers maltreating their local employees
We have even seen Chinese restaurant owners flogging African employees who came late to work

If the world thinks US was a mean superpower, I still think the US is the most benevolent superpower we can hope for
wait till China becomes the sole one controlling economies, controlling manufacturing and production. China wey dey cover up a disease like Corona and hiding the number of infection and deaths, Will they mind declaring Operation Tianamen square on any country?
Drop your account number Dayo, 1hr 19mins remaining
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 8:44pm On Apr 04, 2020
Ogiandplantain:

Drop your account number Dayo, 1hr 19mins remaining
Lol dayo wey dey share money like father Christmas cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ogiandplantain: 8:50pm On Apr 04, 2020
seankafor:
Lol dayo wey dey share money like father Christmas cheesy
Ask him why he hasn't gotten a house of his since he went to Texas,

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 8:53pm On Apr 04, 2020
raumdeuter:

Personally, I don't want China to assume leadership of the global economy, for some of the reasons you highlighted above, especially the violation of human rights. That being said, we can not continue to be indifferent about China or ignore their role or the depth of their strategy in global economics. We can not act like they can be shoved aside with little or no effort because that is absolutely false.

Also, I think it is hypocritical that we chastise China for being a communist nation, meanwhile, the West wants the world to follow the same ideology, economic system and style of government. Aren't those the underlying principles of Communism?

I agree with you that the US is the most benevolent Superpower the world has ever seen!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8632) (8633) (8634) (8635) (8636) (8637) (8638) ... (19106) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Agadinaagwuofe, dostr4(m), andrewbaba44, everton4life(m), Trevor012(m), Beorn, fredoooooo, enigma0, Dundalk(m), LORDLARGE(m), bolu96(m), Amigoss and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.