Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,362 members, 7,780,992 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:03 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8962) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10184362 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8959) (8960) (8961) (8962) (8963) (8964) (8965) ... (18906) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:40pm On May 25, 2020
CapitalCee:

What are u even saying dayo? The only comparable pair up there is RVP and Lewandowski as at when they joined, even at that, RVP was in Arsenal struggling to even make top 4, while Lewandowski was really leading Dortmund to challenge Bayern, but let's leave it at that.
Before joining Man Utd RVP was the top scorer in the entire league just like Lewandoski was top scorer in the league. They were the best strikers in the league and poached from a rival

- But Gotze and Rooney? Gotze, was already an established player in a dortmund when he joined, He was a key member as Dortmund won 2 Bundesliga, and led Dortmund to champions league final, he was among the team of the year in Bundesliga. but Rooney was an unproven 18 year-old kid from Everton who is not even a confirmed starter at Everton, he won his first Young player award in United. You can't compare Rooney at Everton with Gotze at Dortmund. One was an established winner, the other was an unproven kid from a mid table team.

Just like Rooney was an established player, a starter for England. He had already gone to the Euros and was of the best players in the tournament. So explain how a player who was one of the best players at the Euros become an unproven player? You are saying he was 18yr old. Well Gotze joined Bayern at 19yrs after he won the golden boy award just like Rooney did

Owen and Klose? Owen was relegated with Newcastle and injury prone, dead career. He was signed on a pay by play basis a surprised and uninspiring signing, who is signed to be a bit part player, compared to the undisputed German number 1 striker? Who retired only in 2014 as the record goalscorer in WC?

Just like Klose had a world cup record, Owen was a Balon dor winner. The only Englishman to do it in a long time,

Rio and Ballack? The same Ballack that "dragged" Leverkusen and Germany to UCL and World cup finals single handedly? Signing Ballack then was like signing Harry Kane now, he was the face of German football. Nawao Dayo.

Just like Ballack and Leverkusen just enjoyd a good run in nthe CL, Rio and Leeds just enjoyed a good run in the CL also getting to the CL semi finals. So what is the difference?

Maguire with Hummels. Lol. Hummels that was instrumental to Germany winning world cup and won 2 league titles with Dortmund, DfB portal and leading Dortmund defence to UCL final? Maguire that was relegated with Hull city 2 years ago, and Couldnt qualify Leicester to even Europa. Haba Dayo, fear God na.

Maguire is the world record defence signing, For Man Utd to make a defender the world record signing shows his level

Lucio to Carrick. Carrick a player who just broke out at Spurs and never tasted any European football before joining united. You are comparing with Lucio that already won world cup with Brazil, scored in Champions league final vs Madrid as the defensive leader, and his team lost the league and Cup to Bayrern on the final day. A Key quality player, world cup winner to an unproven spurs midfielder.

Lucio despite all those was in Leverkusen when they were struggling with relegation until Bayern got him

Pavard to Smith? A world cup winner and Smith who just got relegated with Leeds then joined United as a bit part player behind Nistelrooy, Saha and Forlan, his strike partner at Leeds Viduka joined Middlesbrough, is for you to know.

You forgot Pavard was also relegated with Stuttgart before joining Bayern? Or that doesnt count? Smith got to CL semi and got relegated, Pavarad won world cup and got relegated

Tevez who rescued just Westham from relegation? To a world cup winner? Kai! Dayo!!!

You mean Ze Roberto? Abeg tell this forum the world cup Ze Roberto won Lets see the one turning amala here.
Before joining Man Utd, Tevez was 3 times SOuth American footballer of the year, Won Copa Libertadores and CLub world cup as a key player, tell us what Ze Roberto won and his contributions to those before Bayern

AWB, that few months ago was in Palace feeders team? To an established German international like Sule?

Before joining Bayern, Sule has only played 58mins for Germany and how is Crystal Palace different from Hoffenheim

That Bayern signed Zeroberto, Ballack and Lucio from Leverkusen just after a season they (leverkusen) nearly won the treble and fiercely challenged them on all fronts, is a testament of a clear talent drain. Just like man united signing Terry, Drogba and Lampard in 2006, after Gerrard, Henry joined the previous season. Tell me a recent proven German international of legendary status that did not play for Bayern. If it were in Bundesliga Guardiola would have signed Mane, Sallah, Robertson and Kane after last season, and will be readying bids for TAA and Pogba next summer.

False. Lucio joined Bayern in 2004 after Leverkusen struggled with relegation.

I know say u must turn amala, but u know This is clear fact

Now lets see the person turning amala

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 6:49pm On May 25, 2020
Victornezzar:

Okay good

Let me not go too far into SS or SE

Have you been to trade Fair intl market or even Ladipo??

Ladipo...Yes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Victornezzar: 6:51pm On May 25, 2020
Expert17:

Ladipo...Yes
Trade fair??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 6:54pm On May 25, 2020
Victornezzar:

Trade fair??

No.

Have u bn to North?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Victornezzar: 6:58pm On May 25, 2020
Expert17:

No.

Have u bn to North?
Abj only
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 7:01pm On May 25, 2020
Victornezzar:

Abj only

So you can't say much about Northerners.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 7:08pm On May 25, 2020
Victornezzar:

No be the same Almajiris Northern Governors dey use as Table tennis??
The thing tire me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:36pm On May 25, 2020
CAPdan21:

Lol..I don't care what u believe, from your comments it seems you're the only one getting angry yeah...your double standards and hypocrisy is here for all to see..Answer simple questions about evolution you've started to shalaye but if I start giving facts to support the credibility of the bible you will start looking for loopholes...it's quite funny that u so called critical thinkers deride words written in the bible but support the big bang theory which is it the most preposterous theory ever formulated

I am not angry, the sheer level of nescience corralled on your last post was mind boggling.

I have told you this, the theory of evolution
or the Big Bang Theory are just that, Theories. They are not laws. It is just an acceptable premise upon which further work or proof is needed. You need to go and study the stages of scientific research from hypothesis to it becoming law.
As I have told you before, the beauty of science is that it is constantly worked upon unlike religion where you cannot question it's laws.

I don't fully believe in evolution or the Big Bang, i just know that they make more sense than someone telling me we were created from the navel of a snake or someone telling me the universe magically appeared in 6 days.

Accepting limitation of knowledge is better than believing false information.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by stuff46(m): 8:29pm On May 25, 2020
For all this Nnewi and co wahala.
You see those Northerners that you are claiming they ain't got it, you don't want to be around them when they start their thing. They actually don't come about flouting their bills so that EFCC will take notice of them.

And the worst is that you cannot even see them caring about show off or even anyone caring to record their activities. As e be, they just go about their business of quashing the doohs and life continue.

The North fit poor but na there the money De. They can't snitch on themselves for no reason at all.

Leave matter for Mathias.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ChristineC: 8:31pm On May 25, 2020
donjazet:

I don't fully believe in evolution or the Big Bang, i just know that they make more sense than someone telling me we were created from the navel of a snake or someone telling me the universe magically appeared in 6 days.

you don't believe every, na wa o. but where were you in 1914? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 8:36pm On May 25, 2020
stuff46:
You see those Northerners that you are claiming they ain't got it, you don't want to be around them when they start their thing. They actually don't come about flouting their bills so that EFCC will take notice of them.

And the worst is that you cannot even see them caring about show off or even anyone caring to record their activities. As e be, they just go about their business of quashing the doohs and life continue.

The North fit poor but na there the money De. They can't snitch on themselves for no reason at all.

Dem no dey show off, Dem no dey show off.

How una con know say them get money?

"Dem no dey show off" has been the word since I was born but na them beg pass. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Victornezzar: 8:47pm On May 25, 2020
Expert17:

So you can't say much about Northerners.

What about the ones that Enter Lagos everyday

Are they Somalians??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Victornezzar: 8:47pm On May 25, 2020
odizeey:
The thing tire me.
cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 9:11pm On May 25, 2020
stuff46:

No need to argue self

They think say na almajiri we dey talk about
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 9:19pm On May 25, 2020
ChristineC:
you don't believe every, na wa o. but where were you in 1914? grin

well, atheism is simply a logical position on God's existence.
Theism means knowledge. While atheism means lack of knowledge (about anything) but the words are usually geared towards religion.

What happened in 1914?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 9:21pm On May 25, 2020
stuff46:

one advantage about the arewa be say, feds no dey too disturb them.
If you wan pull money or run better wire.. use alhaji connect..
Their plug secure die
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ChristineC: 9:23pm On May 25, 2020
donjazet:

What happened in 1914?
na simple question
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ChristineC: 9:27pm On May 25, 2020
Expert17:

No need to argue self

They think say na almajiri we dey talk about
what's the benefit of 3 men having 100b each in a community of 100,000 people where the rest eat from the floor?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 9:29pm On May 25, 2020
ChristineC:
what's the benefit of 3 men having 100b each in a community of 100,000 people and the rest eat from the floor?

3 men in a community of 100,000??

Go and do your research properly.

You dnt know anything about Northerners.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ChristineC: 9:33pm On May 25, 2020
Expert17:

are you a northerner?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 9:34pm On May 25, 2020
ChristineC:
are you a northerner?

no.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ChristineC: 9:38pm On May 25, 2020
Expert17:

no.

how many northern villages have you visited?
let me give you a direct answer about one state from my standpoint: I have been to 16 local government areas in Niger State alone.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 9:38pm On May 25, 2020
Expert17:

You are starting to overhype your point

I have stayed in the North West, from Zuru and Jega in Kebbi state, to Talata Mafara in Zamfara and Funtua in Katsina

Yes, the northerners have very rich billionaires. Probably the richest in the country

But the South has more individual millionaires than the north.

And isn't if funny that you guys say their wealth is coded, but yet na only Una know am?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FirstbornWds: 9:39pm On May 25, 2020
madrid5:
what makes Messi so good is a combination of low center of gravity and qiuck feets in tight spaces,most short players are good at this two combination because they tend to go together like in say hazard /maradona/iniesta,What makes delima so unique(pre 1999 injury) is that he managed to be so good at dribbling in tight spaces without having low center of ability.so a rare combination of Messi's dribbling and CR7 physicality.

I am not disputing De Lima's brilliance. In fact, I rate him higher than some of the renowned greats. But my question is,

How's Ronaldo better than Messi? I mean, how do you rate him higher in terms of talent, skill, vision, scoring, and the likes.

I'm not bringing consistency to the picture because of the crisis he faced.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ChristineC: 9:41pm On May 25, 2020
donjazet:

well, atheism is simply a logical position on God's existence.
Theism means knowledge. While atheism means lack of knowledge (about anything) but the words are usually geared towards religion.

What happened in 1914?
I just want to know where you were in 1914. that's all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 9:50pm On May 25, 2020
ChristineC:

how many northern villages have you visited?
let me give you a direct answer about one state from my standpoint: I have been to 16 local government areas in Niger State alone.

Niger.

I'm a product of FUT Minna.

You can't tell me anything about Niger.

I speak hausa better than my language Yoruba............to show you how strong i am in Northern affairs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 9:54pm On May 25, 2020
izzou:

You are starting to overhype your point

I have stayed in the North West, from Zuru and Jega in Kebbi state, to Talata Mafara in Zamfara and Funtua in Katsina

Yes, the northerners have very rich billionaires. Probably the richest in the country

But the South has more individual millionaires than the north.

And isn't if funny that you guys say their wealth is coded, but yet na only Una know am?

Hype??

I will look for reliable proof to back up my statement
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CAPdan21(m): 10:06pm On May 25, 2020
donjazet:

I am not angry, the sheer level of nescience corralled on your last post was mind boggling.

I have told you this, the theory of evolution
or the Big Bang Theory are just that, Theories. They are not laws. It is just an acceptable premise upon which further work or proof is needed. You need to go and study the stages of scientific research from hypothesis to it becoming law.
As I have told you before, the beauty of science is that it is constantly worked upon unlike religion where you cannot question it's laws.

What makes it false??,because u said so??
And making a theory whose foundation is built on presumption is bound to end in tears for those involved??...You twist theories to suit facts not the other way around...

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:35pm On May 25, 2020
eph12:

Lol first of all where did you see paint? Are you still friends with some people you were very good friends with back in the days? Would Bala have cried out if Kelechi is not as wealthy and popular as this?

If they tried to reach me the way Bala did, and i am a multi-millionaire like Kelechi, i won't ignore them.

He paid for Kelechi during those days, so i will say he showed he cared for him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:14pm On May 25, 2020
CAPdan21:

What makes it false??,because u said so??
And making a theory whose foundation is built on presumption is bound to end in tears for those involved??...You twist theories to suit facts not the other way around...

First of all, all laws of science began with presumptions(hypothesis) before they were further worked on and experimented upon. I don't know how I can make it any more clearer to you. The theories of evolution and the big bang are simply accepted premises that are being worked on. This doesn't mean that it is a fact. It just means that it is a thought process that certain evidences support.

Secondly, you are asking me why I don't believe the Christian creation story. For that, I have given you the obvious fallacies in that story.

Now I will ask you these questions and expect honest answers.

Why don't you believe the Hindu creation story that states that the God of creation Brahma was born from the navel of a snake?

Why don't you believe the Yoruba creation story that states that obatala left oludumare in the heavens and poured sand from his pouch to create the earth?

What makes you believe in the Christian version of creation that states that the entire universe was created in 6 days?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 11:41pm On May 25, 2020
airmark:

If they tried to reach me the way Bala did, and i am a multi-millionaire like Kelechi, i won't ignore them.

He paid for Kelechi during those days, so i will say he showed he cared for him.
What if they paid for each other other during those days? He didn't sponsor Kelechi.

You don't need to wait for them to try to reach you before you repay all the ps2 money they paid for you and the ball you guys played together
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 12:00am On May 26, 2020
Look at the manner you surreptitiously meandered away from the sailent points. You are veering off from the main point, we are talking about who there were, when they joined, not what they previously achieved years ago, like the case of Owen, or will later achieve. For example you can't compare Carrick's status when he joined from spurs and say when he has won many trophies at united.

raumdeuter:

Before joining Man Utd RVP was the top scorer in the entire league just like Lewandoski was top scorer in the league. They were the best strikers in the league and poached from a rival
Like I said this is the only plausible comparison.

raumdeuter:

Just like Rooney was an established player, a starter for England. He had already gone to the Euros and was of the best players in the tournament. So explain how a player who was one of the best players at the Euros become an unproven player? You are saying he was 18yr old. Well Gotze joined Bayern at 19yrs after he won the golden boy award just like Rooney did
Seriously! When did Rooney join United? 2004, at that time Rooney was unproven kid at relegation-threatened Everton, Gotze has already won 2 league titles, DFB pokal as a key midfielder, was instrumental to Dortmund reaching the UCL finals. He was among the overall best players in the league. Imagine Abramovich never even considered Rooney during his spending spree, but bought people like Kezman and Drogba same season, that's to tell you Rooney's status that time.

raumdeuter:

Just like Klose had a world cup record, Owen was a Balon dor winner. The only Englishman to do it in a long time,
Haba Dayo see amalanomics, Owen joined when his career was gone and you are talking about a balloon dor he won 9 years before joining united? Someone on a pay by play contact? Klose that went on to 2 extra world cup to break the record. As at when klose join bayern, he was a statement signing, a world class player, just 1 year after winning the golden boot at the WC on home soil. Owen was at the twilight of his career, while klose joined bayern in 2007, 7 years later, he started and won a world cup final. How can you compare

raumdeuter:

Just like Ballack and Leverkusen just enjoyd a good run in nthe CL, Rio and Leeds just enjoyed a good run in the CL also getting to the CL semi finals. So what is the difference?
A good run So Ballack no longer Dragged them to the final abi. That Leverkusen team was very very good, they challenged on all fronts missing out a treble, their key players went on to shine at the 2002 WC just few weeks later, people like Ballack, Ramelow, Schneider, Lucio, Basturk, etc. Leeds never challenged for anything, that was a true definition of a good run.

raumdeuter:

Maguire is the world record defence signing, For Man Utd to make a defender the world record signing shows his level.

Lucio despite all those was in Leverkusen when they were struggling with relegation until Bayern got him
Are we talking about fee or status?? Bayern were just bidding their time before pouncing, Lucio was always going to bayern. Maguire's price was just due to market forces.

raumdeuter:

You forgot Pavard was also relegated with Stuttgart before joining Bayern? Or that doesnt count? Smith got to CL semi and got relegated, Pavarad won world cup and got relegated

Smith reached UCL semis in 2001 and got relegated in 2004, Pavard, got relegated before winning the world, that was a reverse order. Pavard was on upward trajectory, Smith was on downward spiral. They are not the same. Smith at that time was behind Owen, Rooney, Heskey and Vassel in the national team pecking order. Pavard won the world cup playing all matches, benching Djibril sidibe who reached UCL semis and won the league the previous year. On was clearly going up, the other was dwindling.

raumdeuter:

You mean Ze Roberto? Abeg tell this forum the world cup Ze Roberto won Lets see the one turning amala here.
Before joining Man Utd, Tevez was 3 times SOuth American footballer of the year, Won Copa Libertadores and CLub world cup as a key player, tell us what Ze Roberto won and his contributions to those before Bayern

Sorry I mistaken him for Roque junior, who also player for Leverkusen. even at that, Zeroberto joined Bayern as one of the best midfielders in the league, he was a top proffesional and a quality player.
raumdeuter:

Before joining Bayern, Sule has only played 58mins for Germany and how is Crystal Palace different from Hoffenheim

The difference is AWB just graduated from palace feeders so unproven. Sule has proved himself in the league with Hoffenheim a couple of seasons.
raumdeuter:

False. Lucio joined Bayern in 2004 after Leverkusen struggled with relegation.

Now lets see the person turning amala
it doesn't change anything, they left anyway.
Everything Germany is dominated by Bayern, they hover the best talents in the league, leaving the rest teams helpless. Look at the First XI that started the final in 2014, Eight players (about 80%) have played or playing for bayern at that time. Only Ozil, Krammer and Howedes were exempted, even at that Howedes played in makeshift position, Krammer was a surprise starter, while ozil's place continued to be under scrutiny throughout the competition.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8959) (8960) (8961) (8962) (8963) (8964) (8965) ... (18906) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.