Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9007) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10422242 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9004) (9005) (9006) (9007) (9008) (9009) (9010) ... (19102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 5:34pm On Jun 01, 2020
pkasso:
I sha no dey like this kain thing angry Can someone please give us a recap of what went down here.

Muki sef too dey flex muscle angry

Nothing much.

Muki just wiped off Okafor's comment that was a bit insensitive on the Rape/Murder case trending
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 5:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
https://twitter.com/DanielNewman/status/1266771549442453511?s=19

Shey this one sef hold gun? Aren't these ones worse than SARS
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
A40:

That useless black dog is a racist angry
But what's the reason for all these inhumane acts
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
A40:

Bro! Yankee na jungle. Have you noticed that in all videos relating to police misconduct and excessive use of force that are usually agitated, tensed and sometimes out of control.

Like in the video you posted they waited for over 30 seconds before giving the dog the release command. The idiot with the taser didn't have to scream like a pig on heat for people to move away.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by olabode89(m): 6:21pm On Jun 01, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Nope!

the dog was only doing what it was trained to do.

Them stupid cops decided to wrestle the dog off the black dude instead of issuing the release command. If you listen closely immediately they gave the command the dog let go, at around 1:34 of the video.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:28pm On Jun 01, 2020
A40:

Let us be careful about the way to jump to shout racism.

From what I could see in that video,

1. The police were trying to arrest the man
2. The babe was obstructing the police from doing so
3. The guy appears to attempt to japa, before they release the dog on him.

Ok now that's out of the way, the force they used was excessive. Once they had the guy with hands behind his back, the dog should be off him.
The police man aiming the tazer at the man, and the camera woman was doing too much. He also didnt need to step on the man.

HOWEVER, there also appear to be some mitigating factors.

1.The victim is on parole for gun charges, and is a known gang member in the area.
2.The police were there to investigate a report that this man specifically, had broken into someone's house earlier in the day, pushed a woman to the floor and waved a gun around in her face.

This kind of context is not apparent from the video. Not that it justifies it the violence or excuses it...but it does add nuance.

With all of this my take is this:

1. Police are on edge going to investigate a known gangbanger with a history of carrying guns. It is a naturally tense moment
2. The man refuses to comply immediately with their commands, and his babe is visibly obstructing the cops - BAD DECISION
3. The cops sic their dog on him and point guns at his mates - BAD DECISION

It really does come down to the history of the person being arrested. Police wont waste time to use force on such a person if that person does not comply with given instruction

All of this could have been avoided if that guy did no drag agidi with Police.

SARS will do worse to you in Lagos for less. So i think it's a case of Police Brutality for sure, but not necessarily motivated by RACE.

15 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2020
airmark:
Nihilistjnr, i could relate with your point that day but i wouldn't want to join. Virgil Abloh just proved you right.

Virgil is like his Togolese brother - Adebayor cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:43pm On Jun 01, 2020
olabode89:

Nope!

the dog was only doing what it was trained to do.

Them stupid cops decided to wrestle the dog off the black dude instead of issuing the release command. If you listen closely immediately they gave the command the dog let go, at around 1:34 of the video.
I no finish am cry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
Amoto94:
Oga Donjazet you sound condescending even when you're trying to make salient points though you may not like to admit you're arrogant

Who was i condescending to?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ToyinDipo(m): 7:49pm On Jun 01, 2020
This mods just dey vex everyone here, who go settle the matter now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 7:54pm On Jun 01, 2020
https://twitter.com/OG_Gusto23/status/1266916262615138304?s=20

Omo this tweet had in tears.

Na cry I just dey cry for 5 straight minutes.

Ah an! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Ah an! cheesy

Alaye wan throw up sef grin grin grin

If u was in his shoes I will just shout and tell the goddamn cameraman/interviewer to gedifok....Make he leave my guy alone make he no talk again grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by seankafor(m): 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2020
Make dem kuku lift bans naa.. since say everyone don dey flout am
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2020
BlueRayDick:

Alaye wan throw up sef grin grin grin

If u was in his shoes I will just shout and tell the goddamn cameraman/interviewer to gedifok....Make he leave my guy alone make he no talk again grin

At one point Baba even sniff the air say wait na person mouth really dey booza like this?

Man the guy is a legend
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by odizeey(m): 8:03pm On Jun 01, 2020
ToyinDipo:
This mods just dey vex everyone here, who go settle the matter now
Tim Berbers Lee
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 8:08pm On Jun 01, 2020
izzou:

Nothing much.

Muki just wiped off Okafor's comment that was a bit insensitive on the Rape/Murder case trending
Ok, thanks. I dey think say another gobe don happen ni.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 8:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
nihilistjnr:

At one point Baba even sniff the air say wait na person mouth really dey booza like this?

Man the guy is a legend

He expressed so many emotions in the few seconds the video lasted ; frustration, disgust,long-suffering, desire to cry for help, resignation to fate, etc grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ToyinDipo(m): 8:16pm On Jun 01, 2020
odizeey:

Tim Berbers Lee
Haha, he may decide to remove NL off his invention platform
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 8:19pm On Jun 01, 2020
BlueRayDick:

He expressed so many emotions in the few seconds the video lasted ; frustration, disgust,long-suffering, desire to cry for help, resignation to fate, etc grin

I'm still crying grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2020
nihilistjnr:

I'm still crying grin

1. His reaction in the first picture be like : " Ahn ahn kilode gan" grin

2. The second reaction be like " Oga interviewer please don't be unfortunate send a questionnaire to his email box....no more oral interview " grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by eph12(m): 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Ah an! cheesy
The whole thread had me laughing. WTH cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:00pm On Jun 01, 2020
BlueR grin ;DayDick:

1. His reaction in the first picture be like : " Ahn ahn kilode gan" grin

2. The second reaction be like " Oga interviewer please don't be unfortunate send a questionnaire to his email box....no more oral interview " grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Godx: 9:10pm On Jun 01, 2020
A40:

Wtf.. Jesus. Shot the damn stupid dog. somebody leg is being viciously bitten the stupid cop is saying lie down don't move and pointing a taser at the woman. These people are mad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:11pm On Jun 01, 2020
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:15pm On Jun 01, 2020
iamoyindamola:

Lol. The dog is only behaving as it was trained. This is what you expect to see in places like China and other places these hypocrites like dragging for their poor human rights record
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:17pm On Jun 01, 2020
Godx:

Wtf.. Jesus. Shot the damn stupid dog. somebody leg is being viciously bitten the stupid cop is saying lie down don't move and pointing a taser at the woman. These people are mad
And the man was.... You guessed it. Unarmed

How many police officers do you need to take down an unarmed man. There were two attack dogs, 4 cops, a couple of tazers all to subdue 1 unarmed man that had surrendered himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Swissh: 9:29pm On Jun 01, 2020
Godx:

The other cops didn't even do anything to help. One was just standing like a Shekpite doing nothing and the other was telling someone that his leg was being bitten not to move LOL.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
eph12:

This is too long

Someone shared that amazing post you think too long with me, in excitement I came to see the reaction it wrought.
Alas, it has only 7 likes, and your post which is the first reply to that beautifulness is to say it’s too long. Can’t say I am surprised, just a tad disappointed. The truth hurts I know...and so we remain in the dark.

But I am encouraged by the fact that many people are gradually coming to the consciousness of Truth...
Thank you @ gensteejay, for knowing the truth, for sharing it...eziokwu bu ndu (truth is life)...truth is liberating. Daalu kiss

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2020
nihilistjnr:

Let us be careful about the way to jump to shout racism.

From what I could see in that video,

1. The police were trying to arrest the man
2. The babe was obstructing the police from doing so
3. The guy appears to attempt to japa, before they release the dog on him.

Ok now that's out of the way, the force they used was excessive. Once they had the guy with hands behind his back, the dog should be off him.
The police man aiming the tazer at the man, and the camera woman was doing too much. He also didnt need to step on the man.

HOWEVER, there also appear to be some mitigating factors.

1.The victim is on parole for gun charges, and is a known gang member in the area.
2.The police were there to investigate a report that this man specifically, had broken into someone's house earlier in the day, pushed a woman to the floor and waved a gun around in her face.

This kind of context is not apparent from the video. Not that it justifies it the violence or excuses it...but it does add nuance.

With all of this my take is this:

1. Police are on edge going to investigate a known gangbanger with a history of carrying guns. It is a naturally tense moment
2. The man refuses to comply immediately with their commands, and his babe is visibly obstructing the cops - BAD DECISION
3. The cops sic their dog on him and point guns at his mates - BAD DECISION

It really does come down to the history of the person being arrested. Police wont waste time to use force on such a person if that person does not comply with given instruction

All of this could have been avoided if that guy did no drag agidi with Police.

SARS will do worse to you in Lagos for less. So i think it's a case of Police Brutality for sure, but not necessarily motivated by RACE.

Make we dey resist this urge to salaye my guy. I've seen mass murderers and ninjas who shot up schools and churches get treated with more respect and dignity than this.

My point which I go dey stress am as I see am and i no go use any sugar cover am is that I have consistently seen police pull these stunts with everyone. Armed, unarmed, adult, teenager, guilty and innocent who are black. People chanted I can't breathe in 2014, they are chanting it again

Just like the case of rape, where people blamed dressing still infants get raped, where people say don't go to man's house but man will rape woman for her house, where they say don't go to club but someone gets raped in Church. At some point we have to stop making excuses for these people and call these things what they are

https://twitter.com/chimdesires/status/1267198829775990787?s=19

What was the offense of this one before they tazed him senseless?

I struggle to see the difference between these guys and SARS. At least SARS you can bribe your way out of their drama. You think these ones wouldn't do worse if their laws were as lax as ours.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nihilistjnr: 9:48pm On Jun 01, 2020
A40:

Make we dey resist this urge to salaye my guy. I've seen mass murderers and ninjas who shot up schools and churches get treated with more respect and dignity than this.

My point which I go dey stress am as I see am and i no go use any sugar cover am is that I have consistently seen police pull these stunts with everyone. Armed, unarmed, adult, teenager, guilty and innocent.

Just like the case of rape, where people blame dressing and infants get raped, where people say don't go to man's house but man will rape woman for her house, where they say don't go to club but someone gets raped in Church. At some point we have to stop making excuses for these people and call these things what they are

https://twitter.com/chimdesires/status/1267198829775990787?s=19

What was the offense of this one before they tazed him senseless?

I struggle to see the difference between these guys and SARS. At least SARS you can bribe your way out of their drama. You think these ones wouldn't do worse if their laws were as lax as ours.

I 100% agree with you that it was police brutality.

What I'm saying is I dont think it was motivated by race.

The guy is on parole for gun charges. He's literally just come out of jail for running around with guns.

The police then get a report that a man that went to jail for running around with guns is threatening people with guns....which could explain why they came tensed up.

When I watched the full video, these people came with a police chopper in the air, and they blocked 2 streets.

They came in tension mode. If you see that at least 3 olopa came to arrest only you with dog and helicopter support, then if they say kneel down you should kneel down and not drag with them.

Again not justifying the force. Just looking at things in context.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 9:52pm On Jun 01, 2020
olabode89:

Bro! Yankee na jungle. Have you noticed that in all videos relating to police misconduct and excessive use of force that are usually agitated, tensed and sometimes out of control.

Like in the video you posted they waited for over 30 seconds before giving the dog the release command. The idiot with the taser didn't have to scream like a pig on heat for people to move away.
Tense environment is not an excuse for use of excessive force. Will never buy that argument.

If your overriding aim is to arrest and not kill or rob the person of their dignity then it behoves on you to know where you have crossed that boundary.

You released dog on a man that had already hit the deck and given his hands to be handcuffed with his face to the ground. Nkan ti o da o l'oruko meji

You sef see that cretin wey hold taser

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (9004) (9005) (9006) (9007) (9008) (9009) (9010) ... (19102) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: temitii and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.