Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (9214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10422568 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9211) (9212) (9213) (9214) (9215) (9216) (9217) ... (19102) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 5:26pm On Jul 05, 2020
donjazet:

I saw this and while it was nice, it was more like Liverpool today. A counter attacking team that was very direct just as he later did with Madrid.

But with sarri, you could see that for the first time we could have a good team structure that will be able to possess the ball efficiently and also create chances from all over the pitch, from defense to attack. This was unique for us.

I am not here to glorify sarri but incase you haven't noticed, I don't join the bandwagon in making my decisions.
I am picking the positives from last year but wholly condemning it as all of you would choose to do.
Wow. Agenda must agenda I guess. So today Ancellotti 2009/2010 was all counter attacking??
I'm guessing the guy that made the post below claiming Ancellotti's Chelsea played breathtaking attacking football was not u sad

donjazet:

Under ancelloti, Chelsea played breathtaking football, smashing a lot of attacking records and winning the double in his first season, during this period he was praised and loved by all.

It's obvious u are a staunch Sarri supporter for u to rubbish Ancellotti's Chelsea in a bid to push ur Sarri agenda.
I'm sure if u were asked to rank all previous Chelsea managers in terms of achievement and pattern of play, u would put Sarri as number 1.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
Expert17:
Some Chelsea fans no sabi ball I swear

- Jorginho good player grin grin grin grin grin

- Chelsea under Sarri played the best attacking football cheesy cheesy cheesy ( make Anceloti catch you)

- Rudiger @ 27 needs a good partner to stop making individual errors cheesy cheesy cheesy

As in ehn.. Very funny something grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hardeycute(m): 5:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
Mood

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 5:29pm On Jul 05, 2020
popizaino:

Tell us his achievement s with Napoli that he had all the time in the world to fully implement his style with ?

Is Poch a failure? Just asking...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2020
Expert17:
Some Chelsea fans no sabi ball I swear

- Jorginho good player grin grin grin grin grin

- Chelsea under Sarri played the best attacking football cheesy cheesy cheesy ( make Anceloti catch you)

- Rudiger @ 27 needs a good partner to stop making individual errors cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't get it twisted, donjazet is not a true Chelsea fan. He is a known Mourinho fan that wanted to support Man utd against Chelsea, when Mou was with you guys. None of us see him as a true Chelsea fan.

Disregard his stupid views.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2020
donjazet:

Everybody here knows that you are the most stupid, half-baked beer parlour analyst here. cheesy

Your shambolic record is there for all to see. What happened to the kryowiach, bellotti, coquelin and others who you touted as world beaters.

You will be making noise and be chest beating like a gorilla. Try to sound sensible for once.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Edopesin: 5:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
popizaino:

I get it kdb is probably the new kid on the bloc so his abilities are still very fresh in your memory but sorry to disappoint you those of us who don't forget easily remember fabregas as well doing even better than this those times against tougher opponent than kdb ever faced.

? Fabregas never got to KDBs current level in England

tf are you saying comparing Fabregas to KDB cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:33pm On Jul 05, 2020
thorrvik55:

Wow. Agenda must agenda I guess. So today Ancellotti 2009/2010 was all counter attacking??
I'm guessing the guy that made the post below claiming Ancellotti's Chelsea played breathtaking attacking football was not u sad

It's obvious u are a staunch Sarri supporter for u to rubbish Ancellotti's Chelsea in a bid to push ur Sarri agenda.
I'm sure if u are asked to rank all previous Chelsea managers in terms of achievement and pattern of play, u would put Sarri as number 1.

You just exposed that foolish battyboy. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 5:34pm On Jul 05, 2020
thorrvik55:

Rudiger at 27 needs an experienced partner to teach him the very basics of defending?? Very funny something...

It's just like Arsenal fans saying they need a top CB to be paired with Mustafi for his comical defending to stop when everyone knows Mustafi would still make his normal mistakes even if he is paired with prime Baresi..

cc: sod09, iamoyindamola

Dem Don dey drag your MCM..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2020
Greatihex:
The way many of you people here use this word in terms of trophies annoys me.

What do you mean?

Na from bench Fabregas dey deliver trophy?

Where were Kante, Luiz, Hazard etc when Costa and Fabregas were delivering this trophy?

If you like interpret what I said there literally, e consign you.

Goals win matches. Winning bring trophies.

Both times we won EPL with Costa in the team, he was our highest goal scorer. Who assisted majority of his goals? Fabregas.

But, like I said earlier, interpret what I said whichever way you want, e no consign me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2020
FBS:

Lol but damn it, this is just irritating to read.
How many wingers you know wey sabi defend, are creative and scores goal all at once? How you dey take watch football sef? On radio? Smh.
A player even Lampard says he respects yet you wanted him out? I've you ever played football in your life, Mr. Limited?

Willian will start in any team and not just because he is faster than most players even at 32, he is a very good player. How many players are like that?
It's just that Willian would prefer to stay in London, otherwise I'd say he should look after himself and max whatever his options are for the future.
Chairman, calm down. A wing forward's primary job is not to track back and defend. It is to create chances, deliver assists and score goals.
Willian has scored 9 PL goals this season and it is his best ever scoring season, at least in the PL. And he's the wrong side of 30 as far as sport is concerned.

I want him replaced, but given the evidence that we need defensive reinforcements as a thing of urgency, he can stay as he's a good backup option but he shouldn't be first option on the wings next season. What's slanderous in this statement?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 5:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
thorrvik55:

It's obvious u are a staunch Sarri supporter [b]for u to rubbish Ancellotti's Chelsea [/b]in a bid to push ur Sarri agenda.
I'm sure if u were asked to rank all previous Chelsea managers in terms of achievement and pattern of play, u would put Sarri as number 1.
How you came to the bolded befuddles me. cheesy
Once again, you have exposed your binary mode of thinking.

So because I said ancelloti's type of football was a counter attacking football and direct, it automatically means I don't rate it abi Somehow, you have understood my post to be denigrating to ancelloti. cheesy

We don't have to down grade one manger to elevate another.
Ancelloti was a great manager for us.
I believe that sarri too had a positive impact on the team. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Moreso, you are being deceitful if not outrightly foolish for highlighting just a small part of that post, when it's aim was to pass exactly the same message I am passing now.
donjazet:

I don't know how one outlining past events in our club means the person loves the past coach to the detriment of the present.

Chelsea's fan base is really a complicated group, though understandably brought upon by the unstable nature of the club.

Chelsea have consistently gone from extreme high to extreme lows. We're famed for our apparent lack of faith in managers and the fans have zero undrrstanding of the word loyalty.
We consistently make the same mistakes.

Under ancelloti, Chelsea played breathtaking football, smashing a lot of attacking records and winning the double in his first season, during this period he was praised and loved by all. The next season, the team was still performing fairly but man-u under Ferguson found their feet again and won the league and the fans who had earlier praised ancelloti turned on him and demanded his head. On this same forum, people argued that he didn't know what he was doing and that the players were responsible for his success not him.

He was sacked and went on to achieve greater things.

Likewise under mourinhos second tenure, he brought back the league to SB after four years, only for most fans here to turn on him the minute things went bad, maybe sacking him at that point was a good decision for the team but my problem is that people here laid all the blame on him while absolving the players of any.

Like wise conte and sarri. Coaches who started extraordinarily well and liked by the fans only to be turned against the moment things went pear-shaped.

Of course, all these managers had some degrees of faults of their own making, however, can someone tell me what is wrong in outlining the positive aspects of their stay here?
Once a coach has been sacked, many people just cast them off as failures, a lot of fans here will tell you how they hate ancelloti, Mourinho, conte or sarri. But these are coaches with varying degrees of success.

Chelsea fans are mostly derided by other team fans as the least intelligent and intellectual, why do we give them the ammo needed for their derision?
Someone says something and a lot of people latches on to the bandwagon whether it's true or false.

There is nothing wrong with acknowledging the good qualities of other coaches work.
That I'm doing that does not mean that I don't like Lampard or wish him to fail.

Any Chelsea fan who bears ill will towards the club is clearly a troll and not a supporter.
Lampard's tenure has got off to a flying start and we wish and hope that it is an indicator of great things to come.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
airmark:

Did VVD, Koulibaly, Dias, Dunk etc, need a good partner before top clubs chased them?

You are insane.
Chelsea chased Rudiger and bought him unless you are admitting that Chelsea is not a top club like I told BlueAngel444
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:05pm On Jul 05, 2020
raumdeuter:

Chelsea chased Rudiger and bought him unless you are admitting that Chelsea is not a top club like I told BlueAngel444

By now, you should know that airhead is as dumb as a rock.
All these drunkards that just talk for talking safe.
If he heard himself speak sometimes, he would know he comes off as self-important illiterate.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:11pm On Jul 05, 2020
raumdeuter:

Chelsea were stupid for chasing kponkpon defender like Rudiger, when we should have signed VVD.

I banged it to ignorants like you and dinjazet but you didn't know sh1t.

At that time we needed a permanent solution and Chelsea foolishly settled for an average defender. A decision, haunting us now.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:14pm On Jul 05, 2020
Swissh:

Hensben you dodged my previous question. If Lazio finish above inter Milan has Conte failed for the season?

Hensben..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:15pm On Jul 05, 2020
airmark:

Chelsea were stupid for chasing kponkpon defender like Rudiger, when we should have signed VVD.

I banged it to ignorants like you and dinjazet but you didn't know sh1t.

At that time we needed a permanent solution and Chelsea foolishly settled for an average defender. A decision, haunting us now.

Did Chelsea chase Rudiger or not

Is Chelsea a top club or not

Always resist the urge to shalaye

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
raumdeuter:

Did Chelsea chase Rudiger or not

Is Chelsea a top club or not

Always resist the urge to shalaye

My post is explanatory enough.

Top clubs make mistakes too and one of ours, was signing Rudiger instead of VVD.

Lampard is expected to right that wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by thorrvik55(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2020
donjazet:

Once again, you have exposed your binary mode of thinking.

So because I said ancelloti's type of football was a counter attacking football and direct, it automatically means I don't rate it abi Somehow, you have understood my post to be denigrating to ancelloti. cheesy

We don't have to down grade one manger to elevate another.
Ancelloti was a great manager for us.
I believe that sarri too had a positive impact on the team. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Moreso, you are being deceitful if not outrightly foolish for highlighting just a small part of that post, when it's aim was to pass exactly the same message I am passing now.
I never said u don't rate Ancellotti's football at Chelsea. The crux of this whole discussion was this statement below:
donjazet:

I usually reference sarri because, under him we played the most scintillating attacking football I have ever seen at Chelsea

How can u make the bolded statement above and still come out to say "we don't have to downgrade one manager to elevate another", when u did just that. Downgrading the attacking exploits of Ancellotti's Chelsea to push ur Sarri agenda.

This is a typical case of speaking from both sides of the mouth and typing without thinking.. Today, Ancellotti's Chelsea was all about counter attacks (I wonder wot u would call Conte's Chelsea)
donjazet:

Ancellotti's Chelsea was more like Liverpool today. A counter attacking team that was very direct just as he later did with Madrid.

But with sarri, you could see that for the first time we could have a good team structure that will be able to possess the ball efficiently and also create chances from all over the pitch, from defense to attack. This was unique for us.

But b4 today, Ancellotti's Chelsea played breathtaking attacking football
donjazet:

Under ancelloti, Chelsea played breathtaking football, smashing a lot of attacking records.

No sane football fan would make the assertions you've made here today. Even rival fans in a bid to troll won't come out to make the statement below
donjazet:

I usually reference sarri because, under him we played the most scintillating attacking football I have ever seen at Chelsea

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 6:20pm On Jul 05, 2020
thorrvik55:

I never said u don't rate Ancellotti's football at Chelsea. The crux of this whole discussion was this statement below:

How can u make the bolded statement above and still come out to say "we don't have to downgrade one manager to elevate another", when u did just that. Downgrading the attacking exploits of Ancellotti's Chelsea to push ur Sarri agenda.

This is a typical case of speaking from both sides of the mouth and typing without thinking.. Today, Ancellotti's Chelsea was all about counter attacks (I wonder wot u would call Conte's Chelsea)

No sane football fan would make the assertions you've made here today. Even rival fans in a bid to troll won't come out to make the statement below

Na igbo dey worry donjazet's brain. The idiot won't stop shooting himself on the ankle.

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
donjazet:

You really didn't need to start abusing him for having a different opinion from yours especially seeing as you have a very limited knowledge on the press resistance issue you are yapping about.

I grimaced softly when I saw your very limited definition of press resistance.
Do you even know what press resistance is?
It is simply the ability to resist high pressure from your opponent. The individual press resistance can be achieved via two ways; by dribbling or by passing..
Did you know that kovacic and kante are very good press resistant players despite being limited passers? This is because they easily evade pressure and maintain the ball when pressed by the opponent.

As a matter of fact, the concept of using press resistance players as DM's are fairly new or were very rare. It is Barça that introduced this concept by using xavi and busquet as DM's.
Makalele, matic and other renowned DM's were not really press resistant because their roles in their teams were very different.
Press resistant defensive midfielders are instrumental for teams that aim to recycle possession and keep the ball. That's why kloop doesn't care about this because he doesn't play a possession based football

Please before lashing out at individuals like that, you yourself have to be adequately informed about the topic on which you speak.

Go and rephrase everything on the emboldened
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
Greatihex:
You are still the same man on another during your usual hazard insult that will tell us that it was Fabregas and Costa that already won us the trophy by December, even though we were on same points with City on New year's day.

And I am the same man that told you Fabregas was exposed in January when we played Spurs precipitating the need for JM to deploy Zouma to DM and push Fabregas higher up the pitch. By then Fabregas had already racked up numerous assists so I gave him his credit in the title run, however highlighting his weakness in midfield and marking him down for future upgrade as I did often.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 05, 2020
airmark:

Typical scummy, comprehension is always a problem. Lana1, pls explain my post to your brother.
Ehyaa.. omashe oo. I no blame you. All that salty water that entered your brain after all that swimming has made your brain really damp. I am sure your brain will soon start falling out bit by bit.

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 6:31pm On Jul 05, 2020
Unlimited22:

Chairman, calm down. A wing forward's primary job is not to track back and defend. It is to create chances, deliver assists and score goals.
Willian has scored 9 PL goals this season and it is his best ever scoring season, at least in the PL. And he's the wrong side of 30 as far as sport is concerned.

I want him replaced, but given the evidence that we need defensive reinforcements as a thing of urgency, he can stay as he's a good backup option but he shouldn't be first option on the wings next season. What's slanderous in this statement?
airmark needs to come and learn from people wey sabi ball.
To him a good wing forward is someone who knows how to twerk, and drop 2 goals and 0 assists in 12 games

9 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:37pm On Jul 05, 2020
thorrvik55:

How are you this daft? At this point i am frustrated trying to be pedagogic with you on this.

I'll make one last effort, after that you're o.y.o.
Guardiola and kloop both play nice attacking football, but both have different methods and philosophies in achieving that.

Ancelloti's method mirrors kloop's method while sarri's method mirrors guardiola's method. That I compare one to the other doesn't translate to me downgrading one over the other. I can't go further than this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:41pm On Jul 05, 2020
donjazet:

You really didn't need to start abusing him for having a different opinion from yours especially seeing as you have a very limited knowledge on the press resistance issue you are yapping about.

I grimaced softly when I saw your very limited definition of press resistance.
Do you even know what press resistance is?
It is simply the ability to resist high pressure from your opponent. The individual press resistance can be achieved via two ways; by dribbling or by passing..
Did you know that kovacic and kante are very good press resistant players despite being limited passers? This is because they easily evade pressure and maintain the ball when pressed by the opponent.

As a matter of fact, the concept of using press resistance players as DM's are fairly new or were very rare. It is Barça that introduced this concept by using xavi and busquet as DM's.
Makalele, matic and other renowned DM's were not really press resistant because their roles in their teams were very different.
Press resistant defensive midfielders are instrumental for teams that aim to recycle possession and keep the ball. That's why kloop doesn't care about this because he doesn't play a possession based football.

Please before lashing out at individuals like that, you yourself have to be adequately informed about the topic on which you speak.

If you don't know the history of a conversation or the history between two people, don't jump in trying to sound smart, and obfuscating the argument with the nonsense you typed up here.

You even committed the fallacy of claiming Makelele was not press resistant when he was very press resistant and was well known for using the half-turn and the Kanu drag to escape pressers on his back.

It is clear you jumped on my post for something else other than genuine midfield discussion. Since you brought your hothead and aproko fingers to try to obfuscate my point about the half-turn (which all registas of Jorginhos body size use to escape pressure, bar none), allow me to agree with you, Captain Obvious that "there are many ways of being press resistant including passing". . . .and also allow me to agree with you that Jorginho often escapes the press by passing. . . back to the defenders.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:46pm On Jul 05, 2020
donjazet:

I saw this and while it was nice, it was more like Liverpool today. A counter attacking team that was very direct just as he later did with Madrid.

In what way were we like today?ancelloti teams are always the direct opposite of klopps team.
The former has everything not to do with speed but experience unlike klopp who cares only about speed.

This just proved me right that you saw little of Chelsea pre sarri with this statement.don't be swayed by those occasional long balls gamble from David Luis that lead to assists as the reason for creating from back or could it be that your meaning of creating chances is just aimless passes in the midfield cheesy?

I am not here to glorify sarri but incase you haven't noticed, I don't join the bandwagon in making my decisions.

OK
I am picking the positives from last year but wholly condemning it as all of you would choose to do.

The only positive last season was having hazard .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:49pm On Jul 05, 2020
timbros:

Is Poch a failure? Just asking...

Mauricio pochettino is never a failure.just saying

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
popizaino:

The only positive last season was having hazard .

Now I see why Ibime called you a dumb pundit.

Ibime I apologize for my error in countering your stance about this buffoon. grin
Come carry back your wahala.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 05, 2020
donjazet:

I usually reference sarri because, under him we played the most scintillating attacking football I have ever seen at Chelsea, especially the first half of the season.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
donjazet:

Now I see why Ibime called you a dumb pundit.

Ibime I apologize for my error in countering your stance about this buffoon. grin
Come carry back your wahala.

There is a reason why I use condescending adjectives when discussing football with Popizaino and BlueAngel. Next time, don't jump on my back for it.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:52pm On Jul 05, 2020
donjazet:

How are you this daft? At this point i am frustrated trying to be pedagogic with you on this.

I'll make one last effort, after that you're o.y.o.
Guardiola and kloop both play nice attacking football, but both have different methods and philosophies in achieving that.

Ancelloti's method mirrors kloop's method while sarri's method mirrors guardiola's method. That I compare one to the other doesn't translate to me downgrading one over the other. I can't go further than this.

This is just so wrong .

(1) (2) (3) ... (9211) (9212) (9213) (9214) (9215) (9216) (9217) ... (19102) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.