Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (12123) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10420222 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12120) (12121) (12122) (12123) (12124) (12125) (12126) ... (19101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ebukacute(m): 7:31am On Jul 29, 2021
OVA200:
Bro.
When a club is buying a player what will be put into consideration is his present performance or his potential or both.
Zouma is average at best and his potential to develop into A list CB is very very low.
In this current era in football a quality CB must be good with his feet and Zouma is even below average with his feet.
A top team that want to compete will not go for Zouma because he is not good enough now and won't be in the near future considering his age.

All those players you listed are bought that high because of their then present performance or future potential or both, which one did Zouma have currently in both; present performance below average future potential non existent.

Currently Zouma is valued even lesser than tomori.
And that should tells you something.

I get your point sha... I trust marina,she would sign kounde but won't be a deal that will see zouma out of Chelsea with 30mill in addition.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:32am On Jul 29, 2021
timbros:
In as much as CB is not a position we desperately need right now, I can understand why the club is going for Kounde. Even using Zouma to get the deal done.

Kounde is versatile. He plays CB (can play RCB in a 3 man defence) and RB....And he can play RWB too.

Zouma can't give us these options. I'm a fan of Zouma and will be sad to see him go. But in a swap deal with Kounde, it's a good deal.

Havertz was touted to play many positions.... This informed Lampard's decision to play him out of position. I don't believe in that versatility crap. I can't celebrate you for being jack of all trade and master of none like O'shea..

Tell me a position he is extremely good at and we will judge him based on that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ebukacute(m): 7:32am On Jul 29, 2021
Capaldi:

How many times will they inform you people Liverpool triggered Konate release clause.
Okay ooo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:36am On Jul 29, 2021
BlueMann:

Wow. I bin dey look am from that €80m perspective.

But I think Kounde has a lot of hype right now, na why Sevilla fit get good deal for the guy. Again Chelsea prolly feel he's better suited to TT's style than Big Kurt, so they decided to just trade and add some cash.

Let's see sha, maybe the cash will turn out to be less than the purported €30milla.

Sevilla broke the record signing him and he is their must valuable player
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 7:39am On Jul 29, 2021
Ebukacute:

I get your point sha... I trust marina,she would sign kounde but won't be a deal that will see zouma out of Chelsea with 30mill in addition.
Marina can only do little to cut the price.
Zouma is valued at €25 million and adding another €30 million to it makes it €55 million for Kounde which is already €25 million off his release clause and making him cheaper or on par with most recently sign young CB.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:42am On Jul 29, 2021
OVA200:
I don't understand this zouma lamentations.

Zouma is an average CB at his absolute best and i don't think he can ever improve more than what we've seen and with the quality of CB our rivals current boost we are a step behind with Kurt Zouma.

Kounde is still very young and have a lot of potential and can even be a world class CB and not that we are sacrificing anything by getting him because I think he
will perform better than Zouma in our defensive set up.
The only advantage I think zouma have is the aerial duel but Kounde stat have shown that he is also very good aerially.

Zouma + €30 million = Present Kounde + his potential for €30 million.
Learning from Thiago Silva in his last year will be very good for him.
If he fulfill his potential his value will triple in 2 years.

It is not the best deal or a transfer masterpiece but it actually not a bad business either.
I'm in full support of it.

They don't really play long ball in spain.. EPL is a league that targets weaknesses, physical or otherwise. Don't forget how they exploited us during Kepa, Rudiger, Christensen Azpi, Emerson/Alonso at the back. Height is very important at the back.

If Azpi, Kounde and Rudiger pair when Silva is injured, you will understand this better. Kounde might be good in the air, but so are EPL forwards.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:46am On Jul 29, 2021
OVA200:
I don't understand this zouma lamentations.

Zouma is an average CB at his absolute best and i don't think he can ever improve more than what we've seen and with the quality of CB our rivals current boost we are a step behind with Kurt Zouma.

Kounde is still very young and have a lot of potential and can even be a world class CB and not that we are sacrificing anything by getting him because I think he
will perform better than Zouma in our defensive set up.
The only advantage I think zouma have is the aerial duel but Kounde stat have shown that he is also very good aerially.

Zouma + €30 million = Present Kounde + his potential for €30 million.
Learning from Thiago Silva in his last year will be very good for him.
If he fulfill his potential his value will triple in 2 years.

It is not the best deal or a transfer masterpiece but it actually not a bad business either.
I'm in full support of it.

here is assuming kounde is the next Fabio cannavaro, but underrating zouma to prove your point is a no no. Zouma is going because Tuchel prefers ball playing CB like Christensen and if I recall correctly Zouma improved in that aspect. There are few EPL CB as good as Zouma in form. You forget who marshalled our defense this past two seasons and with clean sheets and top performance. Who's performance called top dough from top EPL clubs. Why do you think Sevilla are eager to get the deal done
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:47am On Jul 29, 2021
swiz123:

They don't really play long ball in spain.. EPL is a league that targets weaknesses, physical or otherwise. Don't forget how they exploited us during Kepa, Rudiger, Christensen Azpi, Emerson/Alonso at the back. Height is very important at the back.

If Azpi, Kounde and Rudiger pair when Silva is injured, you will understand this better. Kounde might be good in the air, but so are EPL forwards.
Christensen is not better than Kounde is the air yet Tuchel preferred him to Zouma
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 7:57am On Jul 29, 2021
swiz123:

I know all these and you can see i state that Zouma is better but that doesn't mean Kounde is poor.
Aerially Zouma is among the top 5 in EPL for me so Zouma being very good on the air doesn't means Kounde is poor.

We played with Azpi, Silva, Rudiger, James and Chilwel severally last season and didn't concede from set piece.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 7:58am On Jul 29, 2021
BlueAngel444:
Christensen is not better than Kounde is the air yet Tuchel preferred him to Zouma

I don't think Kounde is every better than Christensen at all going by last season club and country football. Would anyone pay 30 plus Zouma for Chris?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:01am On Jul 29, 2021
swiz123:

I don't think Kounde is every better than Christensen at all going by last season club and country football. Would anyone pay 30 plus Zouma for Chris?
the age, contract length and seasonal appearance is what usually takes preference in a transfer bid before talent or ability.

Kounde in la liga had the best CB performance, can we say the same for Christensen.

Kounde fit sign finish manager go turn am to RB
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 8:02am On Jul 29, 2021
BlueAngel444:
here is assuming kounde is the next Fabio cannavaro, but underrating zouma to prove your point is a no no. Zouma is going because Tuchel prefers ball playing CB like Christensen and if I recall correctly Zouma improved in that aspect. There are few EPL CB as good as Zouma in form. You forget who marshalled our defense this past two seasons and with clean sheets and top performance. Who's performance called top dough from top EPL clubs. Why do you think Sevilla are eager to get the deal done
I so much hate to be misconstrued.
If you cannot read please find someone that can.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 8:06am On Jul 29, 2021
Ebukacute:

She is a babe.
A very pretty Igbo girl.
Ibime:

BlueAngel is not a guy
The guy is He not She cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kamelot77(m): 8:07am On Jul 29, 2021
It's clearly show that TT is sticking with 3 at the back, zouma is not comfortable in any of the position at d back 3, James and azpi is ahead of him in rcb, Chris and Silva is ahead of him at d center position and hustle is ahead of him in lcb also, with kounde now TT won't use James as a rcb against a pacy team again.

It's time for zouma to leave

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:12am On Jul 29, 2021
OVA200:
I know all these and you can see i state that Zouma is better but that doesn't mean Kounde is poor.
Aerially Zouma is among the top 5 in EPL for me so Zouma being very good on the air doesn't means Kounde is poor.

We played with Azpi, Silva, Rudiger, James and Chilwel severally last season and didn't concede from set piece.

Rudiger and Silva are tall and good in the air. Mendy's presence helps massively sha. My own is, what's his best position.... I don't like that versatile crap... If Silva is injured, can he replace him like Christensen did last season? If he is playing RWB, can he be better than Victor Moses during his time? If he is playing RCB, can he comfortably be better than Azpi?... Cos I believe we are not buying a squad player but an upgrade in our defence line
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:14am On Jul 29, 2021
swiz123:

Havertz was touted to play many positions.... This informed Lampard's decision to play him out of position. I don't believe in that versatility crap. I can't celebrate you for being jack of all trade and master of none like O'shea..

which position was the out of position that Lampard played Havertz in
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:16am On Jul 29, 2021
swiz123:

I agree, Christensen under TT and at the Euros was fantastic.

Kounde just has a lot of hype. You know, highest rated defender in the La Liga last season (whoscored) and some other sturvs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:17am On Jul 29, 2021
OVA200:
I so much hate to be misconstrued.
If I cannot read please I'll find someone that can.

"Zouma is an average CB at his absolute best"

"i don't think he can ever improve more"

Guy take your own advise

should I quote your whole post so you can be happy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:17am On Jul 29, 2021
swiz123:

Rudiger and Silva are tall and good in the air. Mendy's presence helps massively sha. My own is, what's his best position.... I don't like that versatile crap... If Silva is injured, can he replace him like Christensen did last season? If he is playing RWB, can he be better than Victor Moses during his time? If he is playing RCB, can he comfortably be better than Azpi?... Cos I believe we are not buying a squad player but an upgrade in our defence line

I stand to be corrected, but he's predominantly a right sided CB, be it in a back four or back three. Basically, he'll be playing the RCB position of Azpi.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:19am On Jul 29, 2021
swiz123:

For every Havertz you show me, I will show you Essien and Azpi. I don't want to even mention James Milner.

What make some players invaluable to their team is their versatility.

Milner might not be the first name in Liverpool teamsheet, but when an emergency cover is needed in any position, Klopp knows who to call on.

Which position will you judge Azpi on? He started as RB, played consistently as LB and now playing RCB/RWB.... Has he performed poorly in any of the positions?

Being versatile is not 'crap'. Stop throwing words anyhow. Learn how to use them.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:19am On Jul 29, 2021
Kamelot77:
It's clearly show that TT is sticking with 3 at the back, zouma is not comfortable in any of the position at d back 3, James and azpi is ahead of him in rcb, Chris and Silva is ahead of him at d center position and hustle is ahead of him in lcb also, with kounde now TT won't use James as a rcb against a pacy team again.

It's time for zouma to leave
simple, it's all about Tuchel's preference
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by izzou(m): 8:21am On Jul 29, 2021
timbros:

For every Havertz you show me, I will show you Essien and Azpi. I don't want to even mention James Milner.

What make some players invaluable to their team is their versatility.

Milner might not be the first name in Liverpool teamsheet, but when an emergency cover is needed in any position, Klopp knows who to call on.

Which position will you judge Azpi on? He started as RB, played consistently as LB and now playing RCB/RWB.... Has he performed poorly in any of the positions?

Being versatile is not 'crap'. Stop throwing words anyhow. Learn how to use them.

A perfect example that versatility is not crap

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 8:23am On Jul 29, 2021
swiz123:

Silva is not tall, only Rudiger is.
Mendy help truly .

He is a CB and in 3 man defense he should be able to play comfortably across all 3 roles, all those RWB or DM shout are just okoto because the fact that he has played there doesn't mean he is good there.
Their is no way he can bench either James or Azpi in that RWB role.

If he settle nicely in England I think he will bench either Rudiger or Azpi.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:25am On Jul 29, 2021
BlueAngel444:
the age, contract length and seasonal appearance is what usually takes preference in a transfer bid before talent or ability.

Kounde in la liga had the best CB performance, can we say the same for Christensen.

Kounde fit sign finish manager go turn am to RB

The bolded is simply wrong. A player should be signed based on how the club intends to use his skill and talent to achieve their objective in a given system. Now, is he better than Azpi at RCB? Will he outperform Silva at CB to earn his place there? Will he replace Rudiger at LCB? Will he be a very serious upgrade to James as a RWB?

If he can one of the above well, then they should discuss how to reduce his transfer fee.... If he can't do any of the above, his talk should be muted instantly. Signing squad players is the reason we have so many redundancies in the squad
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:26am On Jul 29, 2021
BlueAngel444:
which position was the out of position that Lampard played Havertz in

First as a Winger and second as a double 8 with Mount
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OVA200(m): 8:29am On Jul 29, 2021
BlueAngel444:

"Zouma is an average CB at his absolute best"

"i don't think he can ever improve more"

Guy take your own advise
Have Zouma ever been a top CB in his career?

Why did you stop it at "more"? Is that where you lost your reading ability?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:31am On Jul 29, 2021
swiz123:

I don't see Kounde immediately entering first team but that's my personal opinion but if he adjusts he may slot in at RCB, or even centrally or further right. Best still is that he can play in a back four and seems technical good to adjust.

His best position so far is central defense. The question is can he still be a great CB for us. To answer your question about RWB, Kounde is good going forward so yeah he could be better.

Versatile players just show how good they are, technically. Players like Ramos, Cesar, Javier Zannetti
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:32am On Jul 29, 2021
OVA200:
Have Zouma ever been a top CB in his career?

Why did you stop it at "more"? Is that where you lost your reading ability?
I only copied and pasted, but you seem more touchy than touching the point of the post. No vex

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:37am On Jul 29, 2021
swiz123:

First as a Winger and second as a double 8 with Mount
is Havertz not a midfielder undecided and what position did he play under Tuchel and Low is it not at the right flank

Are you saying Havertz is technically not good enough to play 8 that most Attacking midfielders would play, considering he played there at Bayer at times

Let's not use numbers let's use right half space, isn't that Havertz position. All this talk blaming Lampard for Havertz failing is very unfair. That same position Barkley as an AM played it well
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 8:37am On Jul 29, 2021
BlueMann:

I stand to be corrected, but he's predominantly a right sided CB, be it in a back four or back three. Basically, he'll be playing the RCB position of Azpi.
At last, what I have been waiting for

Is Azpi's position so messed up that we need a replacement that we don't have in James and Christensen; the latter arguably better than Kounde?

This to me is a foolish signing cos a position we desperately need a good player is RWB. A player who can also play in a back 4. Spinazola can easily play this position due to his flair and energy. My first choice would have been Hakimi but we sadly let him slip away from us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:41am On Jul 29, 2021
swiz123:

The bolded is simply wrong. A player should be signed based on how the club intends to use his skill and talent to achieve their objective in a given system. Now, is he better than Azpi at RCB? Will he outperform Silva at CB to earn his place there? Will he replace Rudiger at LCB? Will he be a very serious upgrade to James as a RWB?

If he can one of the above well, then they should discuss how to reduce his transfer fee.... If he can't do any of the above, his talk should be muted instantly. Signing squad players is the reason we have so many redundancies in the squad

What "should be" isn't the point but "what is"

You are talking possibilities why not talk out time and watch Sevilla vs Barca, Madrid, Bayern or some other team.. 90minutes. There are sites you can download the match from and watch in your free time.

Kounde is coming, whether we like it or not. That future seems more certain.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:43am On Jul 29, 2021
Nice to see the yellow away jersey back.

Reminds me of our yellow away 2009/10 season under Anchelotti. My best yellow so far.

Nike tried in this one.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12120) (12121) (12122) (12123) (12124) (12125) (12126) ... (19101) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: swiz123(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.