Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,977 members, 7,806,854 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:23 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (13291) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10413561 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13288) (13289) (13290) (13291) (13292) (13293) (13294) ... (19098) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 7:28pm On Jan 22, 2022
dostr4:
buying lukaku already feels like a mistake with broja's emergence. boy has got composure

I swear .. look at that goal .. too bad it was offside
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 7:43pm On Jan 22, 2022
Southampton missing way too many chances..

Hope it won't bite them later.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 7:46pm On Jan 22, 2022
This broja is mehhh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 8:06pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ibime:

Jollof wars grin grin grin

With the nonsense Ghana played in AFCON, no shaking.

A good bonus will be if Partey gets injured before the tie as he's wont to do every so often.

Would be nice to see Mali at the World Cup. Tired of North Africans going to World Cup and blanking.

Senior man, Na ghana you dey underrate like this? grin, WCQ different na, They have a better H2H than us sef, People that would want to die on the pitch anytime they hear the name Nigeria, I hope osimhen and lookman play in those games sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 8:21pm On Jan 22, 2022
Kilishihunter:

Senior man, Na gbana you dey underrate like this? grin, WCQ different na, They have a better H2H than us sef, People that would want to die on the pitch anytime they hear the name Nigeria, I hope osimhen and lookman play in those games sha

Osimhen is very likely to play both games, but I doubt Lookman will be cleared in time, by FIFA, before the March games.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 8:25pm On Jan 22, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
This broja is mehhh

Guy is an idiota
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2022
Leyqute:

Guy is an idiota
he costed Southampton 3 points today.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 8:28pm On Jan 22, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
This broja is mehhh

How many strikers have you seen with a better performance against city.

Dude was miles better against same opponent when compared to our big bag of beans

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BikeMan: 8:29pm On Jan 22, 2022
Itsrm:
This was all we had to do against City but we gave them too much respect and sat back like cowards
Even after Tuchel complained about the approach at Ethiad. Werey set of players grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
Itsrm:

How many strikers have you seen with a better performance against city.

Dude was miles better against same opponent when compared to our big bag of beans
I guess you didn't watch the game then.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2022
BikeMan:
Even after Tuchel complained about the approach at Ethiad. Werey set of players grin

It was not the players. That was how TT set us to play. Players don't decide to go on the pitch and play that way

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
PDPGuy:

Osimhen is very likely to play both games, but I doubt Lookman will be cleared in time, by FIFA, before the March games.
Oh, Well we just have to make do with what we have, I saw many of us celebrating thinking it would be a walkover, Ghana that would allow even Djibouti beat them but when it comes to us, they'll do their possible best not to allow us score while them too would not score, We chill till March then

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 8:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
I guess you didn't watch the game then.

I watched the game and he was more than decent. Could easily have had a goal with a little bit of fortune.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 8:36pm On Jan 22, 2022
With how many times City hit the bar? With how Raheem won't score a tap-in or shoot once? With Peraud staying on the ground for 1 full minute into the extra time yet the stupid ref blew on exactly 96 mins? That is the game Southampton deserved something from? Lol.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by NinjaXmetahuman: 8:37pm On Jan 22, 2022
Itsrm:

I watched the game and he was more than decent. Could easily have had a goal with a little bit of fortune.
lol.
He was only a bit decent in first half.
He was totally awful in the second.
He was missing good chances knowing fully well he wouldn't get many against mancity.

He Was killing good counter attack runs..
I would have totally blamed him if Southampton lost the game.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 8:46pm On Jan 22, 2022
NinjaXmetahuman:
lol.
He was only a bit decent in first half.
He was totally awful in the second.
He was missing good chances knowing fully well he wouldn't get many against mancity.

He Was killing good counter attack runs..
I would have totally blamed him if Southampton lost the game.

One that hit the bar and the other that was denied by a brilliant last ditch tackle.

Missing good chances indeed.

You want to know what missing good chances look like, you can go back to watch sterling's
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 8:50pm On Jan 22, 2022
Comparing Broja with Lukaku grin grin

Maybe you should check Lukaku's goals and performance for West Brom and Everton.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Android22: 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
Expert17:
Comparing Broja with Lukaku grin grin

Maybe you should check Lukaku's goals and performance for West Brom and Everton.
tbh Broja is good. Technical and made good runs in-behind. He brings things to be the table that Lukaku cannot but Lukaku is on a different planet compared to him for now.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
timbros:

What is pre assist? Is it a metric for rating a DM now?
many people and criteria of rating Dm

Some dy look for pre assist on Dm

Some dy look goals and assist on Dm

Some dy look tackle and interception on Dm

Some dy look been robust and fast enough as players ride on thier back while beating press. On dm

Welcome to Chelsea football thread Nairaland’s section

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Expert17: 9:11pm On Jan 22, 2022
Android22:
tbh Broja is good. Technical and made good runs in-behind. He brings things to be the table that Lukaku cannot but Lukaku is on a different planet compared to him for now.

Things like what? if Lukaku joins Saints today, Broja will sit. Just like saying Ronaldo won't start at Liverpool because of Firminho's link up play

The most important job is to score and Lukaku is far better in this aspect.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:31pm On Jan 22, 2022
lordfalcao:

Some dy look been robust and pact enough as players ride on thier back while beating press. On dm

All to bring Jorginho down. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:37pm On Jan 22, 2022
Ibime:

No different from celebrating Kepa or Alonso winning an individual trophy. Does nothing for Chelsea except such a liability coming back from winning award to demand new contract, a larger pay packet and a place in the first team where he can continue being a liability.

I will celebrate both players IF they win awards in Chelsea. But considering their importance in the squad, they are less likely to win awards unlike Jorginho who is a key member of the squad.

If Kenedy that came back last week wins an award right now in a Chelsea shirt, I will celebrate him.

Celebrating a player who does well in the squad doesn't mean the team won't be strenghtened if need be. And Jorginho haven't demanded a new contract and a larger pay yet, have he?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:40pm On Jan 22, 2022
popizaino:

Let discuss another thing

Why? Don't you want to take up my own challenge?

I challenge you to bring any individual award Carrick won and I will give you Jorginho's two.

Since you don't know mates in football.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 9:50pm On Jan 22, 2022
drisham:

I swear .. look at that goal .. too bad it was offside

Did you create the type of chances Southampton players are creating for him ?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
lordfalcao:

Some dy look been robust and fast enough as players ride on thier back while beating press. On dm

No one judges a DM with goal and assist but for a player who you all claim he is a great passer of the ball and also citing his passing records against westham for us as evidence of his high volume of passes despite his poor assist records, then the best anyone of us who have been calling you out of this lies is to check his pre-assist if truly the passes were quality enough.

If you claim someone passes are great the least of his contributions to be having numerous pre -assist.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 10:07pm On Jan 22, 2022
timbros:

I challenge you to bring any individual award Carrick won and I will give you Jorginho's two.

Miss me with all this abeg.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 10:14pm On Jan 22, 2022
Broja my gee...not bad at all, but could've been better.

All in all, I've really liked what I've seen from him at Soton.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:38pm On Jan 22, 2022

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 10:43pm On Jan 22, 2022
popizaino:

Did you create the type of chances Southampton players are creating for him ?

I'm supposed to create chances from my living room in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 10:49pm On Jan 22, 2022
timbros:

The jorginho hater is on the sprawl again. Once jorginho's name is mentioned, he springs to his keyboard immediately to tarnish him any which way. cheesy cheesy But I believe he will eventually be cured of this irascible obsessive hate the same way havertz10 hatred for mount has subsided.

The only reason there will still be doubters over jorginho is simply because he didn't play for a super club at their peak. Clubs like Madrid, Bayern, Barca etc. But even at that, it's wonderful that the elite footballing world has paid this player his dues, no matter how late it he is.

Individually, this player has tremendous personal records. Setting the overall passing records in 2 different leagues and many numerous passing records in several games individually.

This player has even had to adapt to add core defensive aspects to his game and become the complete all rounder DM. Jorginho outran every single player at the Euros.

Jorginho also set the record for the highest interceptions in the euro tournament.
Also being the best at various defensive metrics on the way to leading his team to the biggest trophies in football.

I repeat, if this player was at a top club surrounded by the best players too in their positions complementing him, he would be rated much much higher than he already is. More clinical attackers, better defenders etc. You would see him flourish.

Only irascible haters would continue to blemish this player's individual abilities and not acknowledge good when it's due.
His success would only continue to shame them.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EmmanuelScott1(m): 10:57pm On Jan 22, 2022
shocked shocked from 2-0.down to 3-2, athletico Madrid is winning

Omo who see that carrasco pass that lead to second goal cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 11:08pm On Jan 22, 2022
BlueMann:
I'd always felt that the "4000 passes, no assist" criticism of Jorginho was harsh. At the end of the day, an assist, no matter how sublime, depends on the finishing touch of the person at the end of it, and Jorginho was very unlucky in this regard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfyjSzysoH0

[img]https:///media/1-22-2022/eDIOlC.gif[/img]

Bro this video was beautiful to watch.
I say it again, put jorginho in a world class team with deadly attackers and defenders and watch us gloat over having this player.

He would definitely have more assists than any DM in the game currently.
I'm wondering how I got to really like this player. Believe you me, I rarely fan players since I became a football fan. Not hazard, not Costa or fabregas etc. Since lampard and Drogba.
I think I've been boxed in because some sheeple here decided not to think for themselves and only follow their shepherd in his irascible opinion of this particular player. His obsessive hate over this fine player. Hate that comes from stubbornness never to evolve from a position taken earlier.

Never ceding ground when he's clearly in the wrong.
Nevermind, I will guide him back to the light. This aimless scapegoating has to stop.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (13288) (13289) (13290) (13291) (13292) (13293) (13294) ... (19098) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sarsaproko, BlueRayDick and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.