Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,759 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10379985 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17666) (17667) (17668) (17669) (17670) (17671) (17672) ... (19066) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:01pm On May 07, 2023
nateevs:

I had to revisit this. Samson Siasia is not in your top ten?

For me, I will drop Amunike into the next ten. I know this is hard. Memories. wink

It has to be Peter Rufai over Enyeama any day. And I have to squeeze in Siasia and Mutiu Adepoju on that list abeg.

Finidi George tops my list. Oliseh close second.

Siasia was a very good player which I liked a lot but for that AFCON final which Amunike delivered which won his CAF player of the year plus having a Nigerian or African forward play for a club like Barcelona trumps the skills of Siasia

Enyeama was the best player/keeper in the French league. Peter Rufai wasn't that good he was poor with crosses. Ike was better at crosses, at the time the rumor was that he had some eye defect

Mutiu was a good utility player one of our best but he didn't excel in any position enough to make top 10 for me
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 2:04pm On May 07, 2023
tuchains doesn't fit boehly ideology if you no like an continue to dey cry,the new Chelsea is all about developing players something tuchains is notoriously terrible at .

He almost sold colwill,gilmoour is currently cooking at Brighton,maatsen is cooking at Burnley,many more that good have saved Chelsea money ,but no let's forget all that and focus on champions league he won two years ago.

again bundesliga is not a criteria to judge coach as Bayern has won it 38 times .

sacking tuchel was never a mistake ,not sacking him earlier (before season started) ,was the mistake,he signings were a mess ,notice the difference between January and summer window signings

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:23pm On May 07, 2023
popizaino:
Ziyech,Madueke playing RWF position will always seems to me like trying to fit a round peg in a square hole.

Why?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 2:25pm On May 07, 2023
Ex Chelsea Director Michael Emenalo on the academy:

“My argument was that all big clubs had great academies.
Ajax, Barcelona, Real Madrid.
But creating a new identity at Chelsea, rooted in the academy, while his [Abramovich] ambition is to win trophies, was difficult."

“At 1st everybody said: ‘Nobody’s come from the academy.’ But a kid who comes to the academy at 7 won’t be ready to challenge Frank Lampard when he’s 19.
It became key to look at that space between 19 & 22 where we can prepare him to be a Chelsea player.
We did that with KDB."

“He was 18, a super talent, but the first time I mentioned that De Bruyne can eventually replace Lampard there was a guffaw of laughter.
Romelu] Lukaku was the same.
He’s 18 & I say you have to put five years into him."

“My scouts had identified something was happening in Belgium. Hazard, De Bruyne, Lukaku, Chadli, Vertonghen, Courtois.
The manager looked at me & said: ‘When did Belgium become Brazil? Who’s this Kevin De Bruyne?’

"I told him: ‘I don’t look at passports.
I just watch the player.
And this player doesn’t miss a pass.
I don’t know if he will be a superstar but there’s something here.’”

"We signed Pedro from Barcelona for £30m.
It was a good opportunity for me to say: ‘That’s why we need the academy.
Either you put £12m into the academy & develop Ruben Loftus-Cheek or you pay £30m to Barcelona for a 28-year-old.’

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:26pm On May 07, 2023
Ibime:
Lampard saves another team from relegation, 2 seasons in a row

Bite me

🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️🏃‍♂️

😄😄😄😄😄
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 2:35pm On May 07, 2023
The future of this great club

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 2:48pm On May 07, 2023
Florentino Pérez is 1 trophy away from surpassing Santiago Bernabéu & becoming the president with the most trophies won at Real Madrid

man wey Sabi ,many football directors should emulate this man

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 3:00pm On May 07, 2023
🗣 Gabby Agbonlahor claims Mason Mount is nothing more than an ‘okay player’ for #Chelsea

💬 “27 goals in 129 appearances. Come on, let’s be honest here, he’s not fantastic. The stats show he’s an okay player.” 🔵🔵 #CFC

been trying to tell them 🤷

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 3:18pm On May 07, 2023
drisham:
Arsenal didn't bottle the league imo they really tried.. Cox how do you compete with these psychos?
mancity could have won the Everton game too if not for rodri bad pass
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 4:09pm On May 07, 2023
Understand no concern with Pochettino, he is still expected to be named Chelsea manager, just a matter of time.

Additionally, told Pochettino has asked for cameras around the 1st team training ground, inside & outside the building, so he can observe players’ attitudes.

Pochettino tried to implement similar at Spurs, but wants it on a wider scale at Chelsea.

Understand Poch has also asked for assurances he’ll be working with a smaller squad next season, which Chelsea have assured.

@felix Johnston.

Chelsea go still go sign young players choke am , but if boehly jeeps to words this a welcome development
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:14pm On May 07, 2023
popizaino:

You have not answered me oooo

What did I miss o?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by zeusis(m): 4:16pm On May 07, 2023
Na everyday this foolish club dey sign players
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:17pm On May 07, 2023
zeusis:
Na everyday this foolish club dey sign players
Who una sign this time
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 4:18pm On May 07, 2023
I really want to thank everyone who sent their condolences to my plight. I honestly didn't expect this amount of mentions just one or two. Hopefully you'll never experience this kind of sadness in your lives and you and your loved ones won't die young also especially for those of us still in this country. Amen.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 4:20pm On May 07, 2023
WhoDeyHause:
I really want to thank everyone who sent their condolences to my plight. I honestly didn't expect this amount of mentions just one or two. Hopefully you'll never experience this kind of sadness in your lives and you and your loved ones won't die young also especially for those of us still in this country. Amen.
Continue to stay strong bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 4:20pm On May 07, 2023
And for those liking and sharing my initial post very well yesterday. I'm suspecting you people. 🧐.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 4:21pm On May 07, 2023
iamoyindamola:

Continue to stay strong bro
Thanks boss.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 4:29pm On May 07, 2023
Melvyn11:

If they like dey should push us to 12th like Chelsea. We will console ourselves with the champions league and Copa.
Madrid can't win this season's champion league. I'm 100% sure about this.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 4:48pm On May 07, 2023
...Understand Chelsea working on establishing a hierarchy amongst directors.

Currently, directors answer to Boehly & Eghbali, but owners want a football head in charge, whether promoting from within (Winstanley or Vivell) or external candidate - told Paul Mitchell is a candidate.

Also told Jim Fraser is now involved in recruitment for 1st team, with Neil Bath.

Fraser's role has not changed, still Head of Youth Development and Recruitment, but Chelsea are increasing communication with academy & 1st team, which includes increased involvement from Fraser.

@felix Johnston.

finally wants to leave football things to football people, boehly becoming wiser every day
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:48pm On May 07, 2023
Jorginho assist?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:53pm On May 07, 2023
I iust love the way odegaard play football, he plays with precision, that’s a real baller there.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bluelines69: 4:58pm On May 07, 2023
Isla get foot work sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 5:02pm On May 07, 2023
MorataFC:
That's what almost everybody said last year.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 5:15pm On May 07, 2023
MorataFC:
Comot mind for Madrid matter.

If you want them to lose, you remove your mind.. Just imagine them in the final and when the reverse happens, pop champagne.

This is what niggas said in 2015, they can't win back-to-back, they can't beat Bayern, they can't beat Juve yet this people shame all of us.

People swore with their lives that Madrid cannot do a comeback after Man City won the first leg, we all know Wetin sub

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlaqFaze: 5:15pm On May 07, 2023
WhoDeyHause:

Lmao. My second favorite dead barka fan after andrewbaba. I lost my close brother earlier last week after a long battle with terrible sickness. He was in final year supposed to be in his nysc camp so you understand the state I was. I had to come back home to run around, sourcing for funds to do the burial as we have to bring the body back home to bury as that's my places tradition. then comfort my mum and family at home. Some bastards tried to use the situation to extort us who are still trying to make ends meet not minding the situation at hand. Sometimes when I troll it's not as if I truly hate anybody's moniker or like to disturb. I just use it as an avenue to escape the daily struggles and pain of this world. This earth is a battleground full of wicked people so I'll try to make myself and others happy for as long as I live.
Just drop your trolling for me and my club I'll read them later after all you know if it is me I will deal with you. Bye.
take heart bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:17pm On May 07, 2023
nateevs:

I expect Gallagher, Mount and Kovacic to be sold. I will not sell Mount if I could but I am prepared if it happens.

In their place, for me, it's got to be Zakharyan, Caicedo/Lavia, promoting Charlie Webster and using Chukwuemeka more. Young midfield, alongside Enzo and Kante but an upgrade on technical ability.

I hope the rumours of Charlie wanting to leave are wrong.

That webster is talented, he just need a coach that can identify him and i believe Poch is that man.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:19pm On May 07, 2023
Sportsweb:
Comot mind for Madrid matter.

If you want them to lose, you remove your mind.. Just imagine them in the final and when the reverse happens, pop champagne.

This is what niggas said in 2015, they can't win back-to-back, they can't beat Bayern, they can't beat Juve yet this people shame all of us.

People swore with their lives that Madrid cannot do a comeback after Man City won the first leg, we all know Wetin sub
If only them know the type of confidence wey that madrid get, mostly in ucl. Them get titan mentality.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 6:09pm On May 07, 2023
Dortmund with an outstanding win ,my boy adeyemi was on target as usual (but am now en go flop pass Sancho)

shame they bottled their chance to be on top,if not that foolish tuchains fan won't have mind to talk
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:30pm On May 07, 2023
nateevs:

What did I miss o?

I didn't see you comment on the video i posted the last time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lusid: 6:40pm On May 07, 2023
Riddle: If you think you know football
Widely considered the greatest Japanese player of all time. Who is he?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 6:43pm On May 07, 2023
Ibime
Jourghino did what robost midfielder couldn't do at st James park
Assist and a CS unlike holjberg that was ran ragged

15 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 6:54pm On May 07, 2023
airmark:

Why?

They are not made for that position we are playing them and that is why they are struggling and the team's lack of goals. To get the best use of them we need to try them on the left wing side of attack.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17666) (17667) (17668) (17669) (17670) (17671) (17672) ... (19066) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.