Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17672) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10373574 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17669) (17670) (17671) (17672) (17673) (17674) (17675) ... (19064) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FirstbornWds: 8:27pm On May 08, 2023
Ihebu4chelsea:
Oga rest..... As if Barcelona is Playing in UCl to win it. Or just Representation!!!! No dhe wyne yourself!

If no be shame, you way just win your second ucl sef day try to feel among.

Yeye

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FirstbornWds: 8:28pm On May 08, 2023
Sportsweb:

]

Saw what you did there

Like we wouldn't notice. Rashoford way be Nepa
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 8:42pm On May 08, 2023
grin cheesy wink
FirstbornWds:

Like we wouldn't notice. Rashoford way be Nepa

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bluelines69: 8:43pm On May 08, 2023
Harsh penalty, does the player has eyes at the back of his head
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 8:46pm On May 08, 2023
Sportsweb:

]

Saw what you did there

I don't understand you. It was just a randomised list of players who play better in inverted roles. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:59pm On May 08, 2023
Omo, Leicester may be relegated oh looking at their fixtures
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jokerman(m): 9:06pm On May 08, 2023
🚨 PSG sporting director Luis Campos is in advanced talks with José Mourinho's agent!

The Portuguese manager is only interested in two clubs: PSG and Real Madrid.

(Source: @FabriceHawkins/ @RMCsport)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MorataFC: 9:28pm On May 08, 2023
Jokerman:
🚨 PSG sporting director Luis Campos is in advanced talks with José Mourinho's agent!

The Portuguese manager is only interested in two clubs: PSG and Real Madrid.

(Source: @FabriceHawkins/ @RMCsport)
Blue blood still runs in his veins
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sportsweb: 10:04pm On May 08, 2023
afrodoc2:

I don't understand you. It was just a randomised list of players who play better in inverted roles. grin
Hahaha..I saw what you did but I agree with your explanation
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 10:10pm On May 08, 2023
i Remember when Chelsea clowns on Twitter were calling de zerbi the best big thing after guardiola,clowns on Twitter never learn , Brighton is structured team that will make any average coach look class.

I thank God Everton exposed his ass ,once bitten twice shy.i will never fall anything in Brighton ,even their players
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrew444(m): 10:16pm On May 08, 2023
21 goals scored in 3 epl games today

Dem plan am or Wetin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bluelines69: 10:33pm On May 08, 2023
Willian still outplaying all our wingers 🤦‍♂️
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 10:46pm On May 08, 2023
EXCL: Chelsea scout is watching Romeo Lavia this evening. Currently down 3-2 to #NFFC - will be the final report on Lavia before sending it to Winstanley and Stewart.

Thuram and Tonali also watched recently.

✍🏻 - @MaxLondonsFirst

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 10:57pm On May 08, 2023
Champions league semi final week cool
2023 Laureus World sport man of the year .. cool
grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 11:14pm On May 08, 2023
we don't need raphinha , turned us down when we needed him the most ,no thanks ,plus what happened to Hutchinson thought he was the future.

our transfer approach no make brain at all

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:24pm On May 08, 2023
airmark:

I am more interested in the 24 league goals you claimed your Lacasera scored, this season. You should be renamed, Lordyakubu. grin
show us belotti numbers

Lacazette

28 g/a in the league.
5 g/a in the coupe de france

Belotti nko?

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:36pm On May 08, 2023
lordfalcao:
show us belotti numbers

Lacazette

28 g/a in the league.
5 g/a in the coupe de france

Belotti nko?

Zero goals in Serie A this season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 4:18am On May 09, 2023
Re Popi: One thing I can say is this, he does have some valid points. Football is not static and just because inverted wingers are "popular" now does not mean that works for every single player. Just because coaches use them that way does not mean it has to be followed rigidly. It ain't science.

Every player is different, particularly wingers. You mould your team and players to get the best out of them.

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 4:56am On May 09, 2023
FBS:
Re Popi: One thing I can say is this, he does have some valid points. Football is not static and just because inverted wingers are "popular" now does not mean that works for every single player. Just because coaches use them that way does not mean it has to be followed rigidly. It ain't science.

Every player is different, particularly wingers. You mould your team and players to get the best out of them.

Just my 2 cents.

Popi's point is a redundant one. Popi's point seems to suggest that even managers don't know or have not assessed this possibility.

Football is not static. True. But unless you are throwing the kitchen sink at everything, looking for a last minute goal, you are not going to line up with a 4-4-2 for instance in the PL, because you believe football is not static. You will get annihilated in midfield. There are several reasons why this evolution is being adopted - the underlying reason of all being ironically, that actually, 'football is not static'. Don't just reduce football to cross and nod, make your wingers do more.

As a matter of fact, we only explored examples in attacking posture and consequential increase in opportunities in the defence of the point. There also several advantages in defensive posture, as to why managers set up with inverted forwards, instead of traditional wingers.

In my opinion, Popi seems to be revising his stance on this matter. For months, he's constantly brought isolated examples of a goal created from the strong foot of a player as proof of this point. He's not mentioned until yesterday that he only refers to 'some forwards and not all' or isolated events.

So what's the deal? Do we set up with full-on traditional wingers for cross and nod football (abandoning all other advantages) or are we asking for isolated portions within the game where the wingers are switched, to create a different impact that can result in goal? Which is it? As it cannot be both.

In any case, for Popi's point to hold water, we will first have to understand which players within our team he considers are not inverted forwards/wingers to have a debate. As far as I can see, we have none.

So....as I said. Popi's point is redundant.

By the way Popi, not trying to refer to you indirectly. Just not had the time to reply to your post and FBS's.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 6:07am On May 09, 2023
datro fofana
dujuan whisper
Jim Morgan

all young strikers, Chelsea still dey talk of Vitor roque, confused club.

develop the one you have first at hand
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 6:51am On May 09, 2023
Ballzproblem2:
datro fofana

dujuan whisper

Jim Morgan

all young strikers, Chelsea still dey talk of Vitor roque, confused club.

develop the one you have first at hand
I don tell you before, Roque no dey sign for Chelsea
Make una just comot mind
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by zeusis(m): 7:19am On May 09, 2023
Kilishihunter:

I don tell you before, Roque no dey sign for Chelsea
Make una just comot mind
You, andrew, firstworld and faze I go beat una one day

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kilishihunter: 7:30am On May 09, 2023
zeusis:

For champions league bah? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FirstbornWds: 8:17am On May 09, 2023
zeusis:

Oshey... The 100 >smiley 😆 😆
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrew444(m): 8:49am On May 09, 2023
raumdeuter:

Zero goals in Serie A this season

Belotti 27 league games and zero goals ,but someone thinks he is better than benzema ,person wey no even reach David okereke level grin

Mourinho might just throw him away from Roma soon

All chelsea fans should be doing thanks giving every year for not signing this guy ,they almost paid 100 million then for that bozo

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by OhBritannia(m): 8:58am On May 09, 2023
🇦🇷 Lionel Messi after winning the World Cup in Qatar 2022:

🏆 Men's World Best International Goalscorer.
🏆 Men's World Best Player.
🏆 Men's World Best Playmaker.
🏆 FIFA The Best Player of the Year.
🏆 Laureus Sportsman of the Year.

And he's going for his 8th Ballon d'Or soon

Do you still believe that haaland will win the balloon D'or?

If you do then you need a doctor to treat you from fever 😁😁😁

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:31am On May 09, 2023
According to AS, Atlético Madrid aren’t optimistic of receiving convincing offers for Joao Felix due to his recent displays. They are clearly annoyed how his loan move to Chelsea has gone so far. Félix is expected to leave Chelsea after this season.

{Sport Witness}
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:35am On May 09, 2023
Pat Nevin: “The goal by Joao Felix was an overdue reward for him being among the liveliest and probably the most creative-looking player this season at the club. His third league goal brings his Chelsea ratio close to his career average of one goal in roughly every four appearances, not bad at all for that position. Certainly, he has always wanted to get on the ball and try to make things happen.”
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 10:36am On May 09, 2023
Pat Nevin on Noni Madueke: “It wasn’t just his goal but his all-round positive attitude that caught everyone’s attention. The bravery to want the ball, all the time and the willingness to take those chances and at least try to beat his man, was an incredible breath of fresh air."
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pkasso(m): 11:42am On May 09, 2023
I was reminiscing about European football in the early to mid 2000's with an older friend the other day and a debate came up. It was on how he claimed Henry was robbed of a Ballon d'or in those years. I was of the opinion that while Henry was very good, he wasn't the best. I actually said Shevchenko was a better striker and that Eto'o was on the same level. But my guy no wan gree.

Now it's been years and our memories of these players might have been blunted by time, but I'm really interested in what some of the oldies here have to say about this. Ibime, nateevs, FBS, patrickmuf, and also Roland17, who supports both Arsenal and Milan, abeg make una chook mouth for this matter. Every one and anyone's contribution is welcome, BTW.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:13pm On May 09, 2023
pkasso:
I was reminiscing about European football in the early to mid 2000's with an older friend the other day and a debate came up. It was on how he claimed Henry was robbed of a Ballon d'or in those years. I was of the opinion that while Henry was very good, he wasn't the best. I actually said Shevchenko was a better striker and that Eto'o was on the same level. But my guy no wan gree.

Now it's been years and our memories of these players might have been blunted by time, but I'm really interested in what some of the oldies here have to say about this. Ibime, nateevs, FBS, patrickmuf, and also Roland17, who supports both Arsenal and Milan, abeg make una chook mouth for this matter. Every one and anyone's contribution is welcome, BTW.

Shevchenko was never in the picture for best player in the world. Balon d'Or was a B rate award then for the likes of Shevchenko, Nedved and Owen who couldn't make the list for FIFA WPOTY

FIFA WPOTY was the premium award and was contested by the elites. Henry finished 2nd to Zidane and Ronaldinho in 2003 and 2004 and was quite likely robbed in both of those years. He just didn't have the signature win (UCL, Euros) in those years to solidify his claim, mind you neither did Zidane or Ronaldinho so he was likely robbed.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:47pm On May 09, 2023
FBS:

Just my 2 cents.

Apt put.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17669) (17670) (17671) (17672) (17673) (17674) (17675) ... (19064) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: forgiveness and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.