Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,822 members, 7,806,310 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:33 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2489) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10408205 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2486) (2487) (2488) (2489) (2490) (2491) (2492) ... (19084) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:57pm On Jan 05, 2017
nateevs:

You have to read my post in the context. I did not call Chelsea an inferior side to Spurs. I made an illustration of how we play, compared with the opposition; not Spurs in comparison with us.

What I did say was that their wing backs are better than ours. This is just fact. Walker and Rose are better than Moses and Alonso.

To the body of yours posts, I repeat. Spurs are now the best defensive side in the league. I say that again, Spurs are the best defensive side in league.
This is nothing to do with your pride. It's just a fact. You are arguing in isolation of the truth. If only you could consider the opposition in your analysis, you will realise that your thoughts lack perspective!

In the end Nateevs, it all boils down to difference of our opinions, I am of the opinion that our players could have beaten spurs if they had put in more effort which they evidently didn't.
You are of the opinion that the match was won and lost via the wing-backs, that the wing backs decided the outcome of the match and I don't think that's true. They won the battle of the midfield, check Kante and matics stat and see how poorly they performed. It's not a new fact that one's a team loses its midfield, it is 70 certain to not win the match. Our passes didn't find their intended targets, we didn't chase the loose balls, they won all the second balls. They won because we were very poor. Kanye and matic didn't do what was expected, our attackers didn't use the ball well and lastly our defenders didn't do their work, not to talk of courtois dabbing when he was supposed to catch the ball for the second goal.

We differ on a lot of things today but we can let this go! The match has gone and we lost. I believe we are on the same footing when I say we wish the team better luck in the coming games, we both agree that we would like to see Terry holding the silver cup with blue ribbons by the side aloft come May, with all of us raising our glasses and cheers all around. cheesy

#KTBFFH

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atebesunny: 5:04pm On Jan 05, 2017
Brestar:
Watching replays from yesterdays game, Tottenham weren't that good but they were tactically spot on. Targeting Alonso's inability to play football, and our short CBs. If Alonso knew how to do his defensive duties, Eriksen wouldn't have been given so much time to pick the perfect cross TWICE. sad Conte has proved that with each exposure of our weakness, comes a transformation into something better. Hopefully they'll be acted upon.
i put it to you to re-watch again, there is no way Alonso will mark Walker and Ericksen the same time, Cahill and/or Matic should be the ones dealing with Ericksen not Alonso. please spare the dude (though we should get an upgrade)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atebesunny: 5:10pm On Jan 05, 2017
chrisley024:
Not Alonso's job to mark Eriksen.

Am just sick of fans blaming Alonso for Ericksen crosses that where made when he came infield after receiving the passes fron Walker whom Alonso had to stay with to checkmate from making run into the byline (which Walker loves doing). some fans must just find a scapegoat

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 5:14pm On Jan 05, 2017
donjazet:

In the end Nateevs, it all boils down to difference of our opinions, I am of the opinion that our players could have beaten spurs if they had put in more effort which they evidently didn't.
You are of the opinion that the match was won and lost via the wing-backs, that the wing backs decided the outcome of the match and I don't think that's true. They won the battle of the midfield, check Kante and matics stat and see how poorly they performed. It's not a new fact that one's a team loses its midfield, it is 70 certain to not win the match. Our passes didn't find their intended targets, we didn't chase the loose balls, they won all the second balls. They won because we were very poor. Kanye and matic didn't do what was expected, our attackers didn't use the ball well.

Your analysis is coming across again as isolated from the true state of things. A Kante/Matic midfield is not better a Wanyama/Dembele one. In fact, some quarters will argue that theirs is more creative. If you ask me, I think we can swap mid-fields and not lose quality. At par is what I would call both.

However, that their midfield was able to have an upper hand was primarily because Rose and Walker pinned back our wing backs. This allowed them to dominate the mid-field. Not because Dembele and Wanyama single-handedly pinned back our midfield. So once again, it was won and lost by the wing backs.

In fact, if we had Rose and Walker running down the flanks and they had Moses and Alonso, then they would have been so occupied, that Kante and Matic would have asserted themselves on the game. IT's just that simple. You are just being so condescending thinking they are not that good. But the reality is that they are.

I say again, they have the best defence in the league. How do you think that came about?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 5:18pm On Jan 05, 2017
What I know is all our Rivals will play each other and no one will be awarded free points.

So, its looking good for us. cool

Though, Conte must point out Matic and Cahill's mistakes to them. They should have been the ones marking that Eriksen boy!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Brestar(f): 5:56pm On Jan 05, 2017
Our left flank is our weakness. Alonso has mediocre pace and often needs Matic to provide coverage, which means that either the left wing or the left halfspace is vulnerable. The first goal came when Matic moved out to support Alonso, and the second came when Matic stayed narrow. Players like Eriksen need to be closed down agressively, or they'll easily pick out a key pass.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 5:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
femi4:
We were bullied on every side. It has nothing to do with formation.

Kante was bullied by Wanyama

Moses was bullied by Rose

Hazard was bullied by Dembele

Even our lord bully Costa was bullied by Walker

And the bullying was a product of miracle?

Man check up the definition of formation on your dictionary abeg cos you sound funny already.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 6:10pm On Jan 05, 2017
I don't really blame the defenders, same defence line for 13 games

A fresh Moses and Azpi wouldn't make that mistake, Luiz has been playing with Injury....It's nothing

But Matic,Alonso and Cahill ehn,you just need to move Hazard to right and either Pedro/Willian to the Left to form the perfect Left side of doom and horror

The funny thing is we have players to correct it,Zouma,Kenedy and Musonda....And let Matic's bench have seat belt ,Mp3,headset and WiFi
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by macjireh: 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2017
to me a loss to dem spurs is a rather fair result when we definitely know dat straight wins will come to an end and considering our next 4 EPL games.... we couldn't have afforded a loss to any of Leicester, hull, livpul, or asnal,,, our straight wins shouldnt have ended from dz latter teams nah.... d result puts us less under pressure,, no one will talk abt straight wins anymore,, rather our focus would now be to maintain our lead at d top till d trophy is ours

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by femi4: 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
Griffon:

And the bullying was a product of miracle?

Man check up the definition of formation on your dictionary abeg cos you sound funny already.
Ode! What is formation when the opposition keep winning 50-50 ball
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2017
femi4:

This one needs help.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:28pm On Jan 05, 2017
femi4:

Ogbeni, calm down abeg! You don't have throw insults his way because you guys have different opinions.

Easy bro.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:41pm On Jan 05, 2017
femi4:
Griffon:

This one needs help.

The two of you don't know it yet but you both need help.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 7:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
EPL is soo competitive

Gonna be extremely funny if they replace United at 6th,didn't expect Wenger to make top 4 in a league that has Mou, Pep,Conte and Klopp

They have been sliding down like loose panties

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by femi4: 7:30pm On Jan 05, 2017
diggz:

Ogbeni, calm down abeg! You don't have throw insults his way because you guys have different opinions.

Easy bro.

Go back and check his comment before you judge
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atebesunny: 7:33pm On Jan 05, 2017
Brestar:
Our left flank is our weakness. Alonso has mediocre pace and often needs Matic to provide coverage, which means that either the left wing or the left halfspace is vulnerable. The first goal came when Matic moved out to support Alonso, and the second came when Matic stayed narrow. Players like Eriksen need to be closed down agressively, or they'll easily pick out a key pass.

am not saying Alonso is good or not, but cut him some slack. teams attack that side cos is the weakest link but as i said it is not down to only Alonso alone. Cahill, Matic and Alonso are just too slow to react.
watch the replay again, Tot'ham matched our formation that means Alonso will have to battle with Walker, Matic and Cahill were suppose to cover Wayama and Ericksen respectively, while Luiz cover Kane (which he did quite ok), Azpili was to stay with Alli. So please stop putting the whole blame on Alonso others failed to perform their duties and again the run will have to stop sooner or later. lets hope we can begin another run of wins.
By the way, your kind is rare; a beautiful lady versed in football and supports a club, every guys dream girl.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atebesunny: 7:40pm On Jan 05, 2017
bigkesh:
I don't really blame the defenders, same defence line for 13 games

A fresh Moses and Azpi wouldn't make that mistake, Luiz has been playing with Injury....It's nothing

But Matic,Alonso and Cahill ehn,you just need to move Hazard to right and either Pedro/Willian to the Left to form the perfect Left side of doom and horror

The funny thing is we have players to correct it,Zouma,Kenedy and Musonda....And let Matic's bench have seat belt ,Mp3,headset and WiFi

hey bro, are we sure Zouma can play that Left side of the defense, i think he's more suited to the right hand side again can we keep two captains on the bench and not disturb the dressing room harmony? Let's hope the FA cup match gives us answers to all the questions. For Matic, we are in the market for a central midfielder.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:58pm On Jan 05, 2017
diggz:

Easy bro.

That moment diggz advises someone not to insult another person. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:07pm On Jan 05, 2017
Brightwood:

The two of you don't know it yet but you both need help.

I'm pretty sure staying stupid gives you nocturnal 0rgasm. Scram and get off my face you purple homo.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:14pm On Jan 05, 2017
femi4:
Go back and check his comment before you judge

I am sorry if you think I am judging you however, Na for peace to rain bros. No vex.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
donjazet:

That moment diggz advises someone not to insult another person. grin grin

Lol very funny.... U try well well donjazet cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jan 05, 2017
Griffon:

I'm pretty sure staying stupid gives you nocturnal 0rgasm. Scram and get off my face you purple homo.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 8:20pm On Jan 05, 2017
diggz:

I am sorry if you think I am judging you however, Na for peace to rain bros. No vex.

He be like say say wetin raumdeuter talk na true, as you don dey collect steady dose, body don dey alright...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:26pm On Jan 05, 2017
agrovick:

He be like say say wetin raumdeuter talk na true, as you don dey collect steady dose, body don dey alright...

Oh really....very funny. My wife still dey obodo oyibo,so except u dash me girl wey I gbensh for yah front, den Na u n dayo Sabi wetin una dey talk.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 8:27pm On Jan 05, 2017
nateevs:

Your analysis is coming across again as isolated from the true state of things. A Kante/Matic midfield is not better a Wanyama/Dembele one. In fact, some quarters will argue that theirs is more creative. If you ask me, I think we can swap mid-fields and not lose quality. At par is what I would call both.

However, that their midfield was able to have an upper hand was primarily because Rose and Walker pinned back our wing backs. This allowed them to dominate the mid-field. Not because Dembele and Wanyama single-handedly pinned back our midfield. So once again, it was won and lost by the wing backs.

In fact, if we had Rose and Walker running down the flanks and they had Moses and Alonso, then they would have been so occupied, that Kante and Matic would have asserted themselves on the game. IT's just that simple. You are just being so condescending thinking they are not that good. But the reality is that they are.

I say again, they have the best defence in the league. How do you think that came about?

To end our argument once and for all, this is our interim captain reiterating what I have been saying unequivocally, "The defender gave his verdict on the game which ended our exceptional winning streak and explained why he felt we came up short in north London.
We weren’t quite as quick or as sharp as we have been, for whatever reason,’ Cahill noted.

A few misplaced passes, not moving the ball as quickly as we have been – we were a level below the bar we’ve set in recent weeks. You have to be on your game all the time at places like this.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 8:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
Griffon:

Is this the same vanquay/ wingback guy?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ROUS(m): 8:31pm On Jan 05, 2017
chrisley024:
Not Alonso's job to mark Eriksen.
Alonzo has been out of chelsea match about 4 or 5 games back
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 8:32pm On Jan 05, 2017
diggz:

Oh really....very funny. My wife still dey obodo oyibo,so except u dash me girl wey I gbensh for yah front, den Na u n dayo Sabi wetin una dey talk.

Tor, what God has joined together let no agrovick put asunder.

No be through you go enter hell
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ROUS(m): 8:34pm On Jan 05, 2017
Alonso has dropped form long ago
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2017
It was quite obvious we weren't taking the game to them as they are to us. We were just disorganized in the middle of the pack, Kante's wrong passes , Matic slowness , Pedro's headless runs and needless fouls , Courtois dabbing with his eyes closed grin , i can go on and on .. We were poor all over the pitch.. It's crazy mehn ..

We should just hit the transfer market immediately and start all over another 13 straight win cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ROUS(m): 8:42pm On Jan 05, 2017
We were so poor, dembele and wanyama neutralize kante, rose handle moses, Costa was also very poor with his touch
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 8:50pm On Jan 05, 2017
donjazet:

Is this the same vanquay/ wingback guy?

I don't give a flying fvck who the mofo is or where he is coming from. He should just stay off my lane.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2486) (2487) (2488) (2489) (2490) (2491) (2492) ... (19084) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Unlimited22, Shegzdave and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.