Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,812 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4512) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10412639 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (4509) (4510) (4511) (4512) (4513) (4514) (4515) ... (19097) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 9:04am On Jan 12, 2018
BlueAngel444:
who deceived your soul that Conte is leaving undecided

Anyway the best option out of those four is Allegri.
why you think say max allegri better pass Luis enrique
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 9:04am On Jan 12, 2018
EarthXmetahuman:
conte has already said no.
So Batsman is staying angry grin

Not like their are better options available in the market. Imagine replacing him with fvcking Carroll or Benteke

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:56am On Jan 12, 2018
I stand to be corrected but Batman is best back-up striker in Europe. Not even Tammy Abraham will play the role that Batman has played. Solanke has already pissed off to Liverpool. Batman should be embraced and shown that he belongs.

Meanwhile, these Conte out rumours should cease. We should be careful what we wish for. The Chelsea job is no longer attractive. Decent players, the level of Dembele and Coutinho now cost upwards of £100m. Such money is just not available.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:11am On Jan 12, 2018
lordfalcao:
who is the striker that conte bought that took juvee to the finals? Is it belotti? Or is the striker now nameless?

The striker was morata, he scored 27 goals in 93 appearances for Juve. Anytime you see your mentor telling any lie, call on me.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:57am On Jan 12, 2018
airmark:

What did casemero do for his national team? I am his fan, he hasn't ticked all the boxes. Neymar that was being cursed last season by barca fans, before his ballon d'psg's performance? Now in french league, he will suffer what other stars, shinning in other leagues are experiencing with laliga players getting more accolades.

You can remove hazard and put neymar in your mind, uefa will know (in jonathan's voice). cheesy cheesy cheesy

Last 3, best 3. Middle finger to haters

Iyalaya anybody!!!! Our boy is getting voted alongside starmen.... Messi, Cr7.

Someone must be crying at home that fans didn't even recognise him.

Funny thing is he couldn't still make the team even though he's more popular than Hazard.

That says a lot.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 10:59am On Jan 12, 2018
larride:

"As voted by UEFA.com fans"

Just saying...

Neymar has more fans than Hazard yet couldn't make the list. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 11:06am On Jan 12, 2018
Chelsea have been on the search for a new manager to replace Antonio Conte if he leaves the club next summer and the candidates will keep Chelsea fans drooling till an official announcement is made.
The Italian manager is under increased pressure this season despite winning the Premier League title last season following Chelsea’s poor showing this term. Four defeats in the Premier League, coupled with a further four draws in the England top flight put Chelsea way below leaders Manchester City.
Pep Guardiola’s side have been on a stroll in the Premier League this season, having won all their games but two against Everton and Crystal Palace and have stretched the lead at the top of the table to 15 points, 16 above the Blues.
Conte may leave at the end of the season if reports in the media are anything to go by, and Chelsea’s top brass are preparign to approach four top managers with the view of luring one to the Bridge.
Former Barcelona manager Luis Enrique is tipped to be a favorite to takeover the reins at Chelsea, Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri is also on the list, Atletcio Madrid manager Diego Simeone and Napoli tactician Mauricio Sarri make the four men the Blues are chasing to replace Conte according to Daily Mail.

Chelsea Oasis version
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:18am On Jan 12, 2018
nateevs:
I stand to be corrected but Batman is best back-up striker in Europe. Not even Tammy Abraham will play the role that Batman has played. Solanke has already pissed off to Liverpool. Batman should be embraced and shown that he belongs.

Meanwhile, these Conte out rumours should cease. We should be careful what we wish for. The Chelsea job is no longer attractive. Decent players, the level of Dembele and Coutinho now cost upwards of £100m. Such money is just not available.

What will you now call the likes of Gabriel Jesus, Giroud, or even Peter Crouch cheesy

I want to see Batman have a regular run of games out on loan, but I'm not optimistic considering that he has only ever had 1 decent goalscoring season under his belt.

2 if you count his exploits in Belgium.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 11:29am On Jan 12, 2018
MASSIMILIANO ALLEGRI
Age: 50 Nationality: Italian Current club: Juventus (contracted until 2020)
Previous clubs: Aglianese, Real SPAL, Grosseto, Sassuolo, Cagliari, Milan
Allegri was the man who succeeded Conte at Juventus and he has successfully managed to maintain their standards domestically as well as lead them to two Champions League finals.
Though contracted to Juventus until 2020, having extended his deal just last year, Allegri does have ambitions to test himself outside of Italy for the first time.
Having managed two of the Serie A giants in Juve and Milan, Allegri certainly knows what it is like to manage under the pressure of sky-high expectations and still thrive.
Juventus manager Massimiliano Allegri is one of the leading contenders for the Chelsea job
He also favours an exciting, attacking brand of football and gets winning results, which would certainly win the favour of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich.
Given that Allegri has taken Juve forward on the European stage, the club's hierarchy will be reluctant to lose him, but the man himself may find the lure of a new challenge in England irresistible.
Trophy cabinet: (Milan) Serie A 2010-11, Italian Super Cup 2011; (Juventus) Serie A 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17, Italian Cup 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17; Italian Super Cup 2015; Champions League runner-up 2014-15, 2016-17
Allegri has won four Serie A titles with Milan and Juve, and reached two European finals

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 11:29am On Jan 12, 2018
DIEGO SIMEONE
Atletico Madrid (contracted until 2020)
Previous clubs: Racing Club, Estudiantes, River Plate, San Lorenzo, Catania, Racing Club
Simeone has been linked with a number of top jobs in recent years but will prove difficult to prise away from Atletico Madrid, where he is contracted until 2020.
Hailed for transforming an unfashionable and underachieving team into achievers both in Spain and the European competitions, Simeone certainly isn't short on passion.
Diego Simeone, the Atletico Madrid manager, is a candidate but potentially hard to get
His animated touchline antics are pretty similar to Conte's, though his approach tactically may not be to Chelsea tastes.
But guiding Atletico to two Champions League finals, beating a raft of top quality opponents along the way, has confirmed Simeone is a man who can mix it with the best bosses.
Trophy cabinet: (Estudiantes) Argentine Primera - Apertura 2006; (River Plate) Argentine Primea - Clausura 2008; (Atletico Madrid) La Liga 2013-14; Spanish Cup 2012-13; Spanish Super Cup 2014; UEFA Europa League 2011-12; UEFA Super Cup 2012; Champions League runner-up 2013-14, 2015-16
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 11:31am On Jan 12, 2018
LUIS ENRIQUE
Previous clubs: Barcelona B, Roma, Celta Vigo, Barcelona
Currently without a club following his departure from Barcelona upon the expiry of his three-year deal last summer.
Luis Enrique has been waiting for another opportunity to come up ever since and has, in the past, expressed an interest in managing in England.
Luis Enrique has not been in a post since leaving Barcelona last summer
He maintained Barcelona's golden period of success during his three seasons at the helm, winning two league titles, three Spanish Cups and the Champions League when they defeated Juventus 3-1 in 2015.
This impressive CV, his relative youth, and the attractive brand of football he championed at the Nou Camp will all be appealing to Chelsea.
Trophy cabinet: (Barcelona) La Liga 2014-15, 2015-16; Spanish Cup 2014-15, 2015-16, 2016-17; Spanish Super Cup 2016; Champions League 2014-15; UEFA Super Cup 2015; FIFA Club World Cup 2015
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by MoR2(m): 11:46am On Jan 12, 2018
Eden Hazard claimed that he will "never" leave Chelsea and indicated that both he and Thibaut Courtois will sign new contracts with the Premier League champions during an appearance at the NBA London Game on Thursday.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 11:48am On Jan 12, 2018
Who be this slowpoke that wan turn here to Wikipedia............ BTW are we not going to sign one elite attacker for our right wing.Pedro and willian are both brain dead

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 11:54am On Jan 12, 2018
Nihilist:

What will you now call the likes of Gabriel Jesus, Giroud, or even Peter Crouch cheesy

I want to see Batman have a regular run of games out on loan, but I'm not optimistic considering that he has only ever had 1 decent goalscoring season under his belt.

2 if you count his exploits in Belgium.

I don't believe Gabriel Jesus is a back-up striker. Gabriel seems to me to be on the bench because of a change in system. He was City's main striker last season for an extended period up until his injury. Just the way you wouldn't have called Aguero the back up striker last season.

Batman was bought for this reason. Back up.

I should also clarify that the word "best" refers to ability and willingness to perform the role.

Please don't say Peter Crouch. Will you actually choose Peter Crouch over Batman?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 11:58am On Jan 12, 2018
Pep Guardiola in the Premier League: 60 matches 5 manager of the month awards Jose Mourinho in the Premier League: 272 matches 3 manager of the month awards

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by PDPGuy: 12:06pm On Jan 12, 2018
Elnino4ladies:
Pep Guardiola in the Premier League: 60 matches 5 manager of the month awards Jose Mourinho in the Premier League: 272 matches 3 manager of the month awards
Don’t forget that by Sunday evening, Pep could be 18 points above Mourinho cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:18pm On Jan 12, 2018
nateevs:

I don't believe Gabriel Jesus is a back-up striker. Gabriel seems to me to be on the bench because of a change in system. He was City's main striker last season fr extended period up until his injury. Just the way you wouldn't have called Aguero the back up striker last season.

Batman was bought for this reason. Back up.

I should also clarify that the word "best" refers to ability and willingness to perform the role.

Please don't say Peter Crouch. Will you actually choose Peter Crouch over Batman?

I admit I'm reaching a bit with the Gabby Jesus drop.

However Crouch has 3 goals and 2 assists in the league this season

Bats has 2goals 0 assists

Crouch is almost 100 years old and plays backup for Stoke who just sacked their manager.

Batman has to at least outdo Peter Crouch in the race for best backup striker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:26pm On Jan 12, 2018
atheist5:
that list is a joke, debruyne and hazard should.not be there,oga casemero and neymar should replace them,
what did neymar do to make him deserve to be there more than those that are there?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:31pm On Jan 12, 2018
airmark:

They have been voting every year before now and never voted hazard in.
don't mind the hypocrites. Because hazard is there now, they have remembered that it is fans that vote it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 12:42pm On Jan 12, 2018
Nihilist:

I admit I'm reaching a bit with the Gabby Jesus drop.

However Crouch has 3 goals and 2 assists in the league this season

Bats has 2goals 0 assists

Crouch is almost 100 years old and plays backup for Stoke who just sacked their manager.

Batman has to at least outdo Peter Crouch in the race for best backup striker.

It will be interesting to compare minutes and goals in all competitions between both players.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by atheist5(m): 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2018
Greatihex:
what did neymar do to make him deserve to be there more than those that are there?
he was better than messi this year in the champions league
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:16pm On Jan 12, 2018
nateevs:

It will be interesting to compare minutes and goals in all competitions between both players.

There's no point in doing that tbh because I'm not trying to debate who the better player is.

Regardless of the gap in the number of minutes, I expect Batshuayi to be doing a lot better than a 37 year old backup striker playing for a team in the relegation zone.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 1:26pm On Jan 12, 2018
MoR2:
Chelsea fans who would you prefer to take over from Conte

Luis Enrique
Ancelotti
Diego Simeone

or
Max Allegri
allegri was even my first before this rigid conte arrived.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 2:10pm On Jan 12, 2018
This #conteout campaign needs to stop, why the hell would the club want to sack him. He's doing fairly well. If he's under pressure for being 3rd, just one point below 2nd.
Then what about poch, JM and klopp. I think Chelsea have been okay this season. Still in all cup competitions. There is no reason he should be sacked. We need some stability in this club and conte has shown his passion is very much vested on the club, what possible reason would they have for wanting to sack him.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 2:23pm On Jan 12, 2018
airmark:

The striker was morata, he scored 27 goals in 93 appearances for Juve. Anytime you see your mentor telling any lie, call on me.
he has played at the biggest level in football and did well. The only biggest competition belotti played he missed a sitter and Italy crashed

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 2:24pm On Jan 12, 2018
donjazet:
This #conteout campaign needs to stop, why the hell would the club want to sack him. He's doing fairly well. If he's under pressure for being 3rd, just one point below 2nd.
Then what about poch, JM and klopp. I think Chelsea have been okay this season. Still in all cup competitions. There is no reason he should be sacked. We need some stability in this club and conte has shown his passion is very much vested on the club, what possible reason would they have for wanting to sack him.
if the people shouting conte out is from nairaland and not the Chelsea board, it only ends on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 2:29pm On Jan 12, 2018
lordfalcao:
if the people shouting conte out is from nairaland and not the Chelsea board, it only ends on nairaland

These articles on the tabloids seems to have a bit of truth to them. As usual a coward on the board must have leaked the news out to the press in order for the global Chelsea fan base to brace their minds for an inevitable conte sacking come summer.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:38pm On Jan 12, 2018
donjazet:

These articles on the tabloids seems to have a bit of truth to them. As usual a coward on the board must have leaked the news out to the press in order for the global Chelsea fan base to brace their minds for an inevitable conte sacking come summer.

Conte was out the moment he refused to extend his contract. It's only right for the board to shop for a replacement for Business Coninuity.

For a Chelsea fan to call for Contes head though, that fan needs his head checked.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 3:41pm On Jan 12, 2018
Ian Wright: "Jose has got fantastic players.. he's got the best goalkeeper in the world, He's got, for me the best midfielder in the world(Pogba) it all boils down to his philosophy, give these players to pep and he just might get a different tune out of these players"

At the bolded, Same thing I said here few pages back.. I am going to pretend like I didn't just hear him say on Supersport that mourihno has got the best midfielder in the world

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by jaysmallz(m): 3:49pm On Jan 12, 2018
Breaking news

CHELSEA HEAD COACH ANTONIO CONTE SAYS 'ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE' WHEN ASKED IF HE COULD LEAVE AT END OF SEASON

Source: skysports

Lobatan
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 4:00pm On Jan 12, 2018
Branzy:
*UEFA BEST X1 OF 2017*

1. Buffon ��
2. Dani Alves ��
3. Mercelo ��
4. Chiellini �
5. Segio Ramos ��
6. Kross �
7. Cristiano Ronaldo �
8. Luca Modric ��
9. Leo Messi ��
10. De Bruyne �
11. Eden Hazard �

Uefa.com
Things are gradually changing since Neymar went to a farmer league
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 4:03pm On Jan 12, 2018
Ibime:

Conte was out the moment he refused to extend his contract. It's only right for the board to shop for a replacement for Business Coninuity.

For a Chelsea fan to call for Contes head though, that fan needs his head checked.

Well, we can only hope to fine renewed success with whoever it might be. I'm sincerely sick of this our hire and fire model.

You would like a coach today only to lose him tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (4509) (4510) (4511) (4512) (4513) (4514) (4515) ... (19097) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Enyimbafc, A001 and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.