Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Osun: I Didn't Know My Husband Was An Armed Robber - Wife - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Osun: I Didn't Know My Husband Was An Armed Robber - Wife (999 Views)

Armed Robber Lynched By Mob In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) / "My Son Is An Armed Robber": Men Gets Son Arrested / Ghanaian Lady Allegedly Commits Suicide Because Husband Was Sleeping With Mum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Osun: I Didn't Know My Husband Was An Armed Robber - Wife by Aringarosa(m): 9:06pm On Apr 21, 2012
Wife of a slain armed robber, Mercy Esho, has said that she did not know that her husband was an armed robber.

Mercy, who was delivered of a baby few days ago, is the wife of Babatunde Esho, the leader of an armed robbery gang, who was killed in a crossfire with the police last Saturday, in Ilesa.

Parading Mercy at the state command on Thursday, the Commissioner of Police, Osun State Command, Mrs. Kalafite Adeyemi, said various items were recovered at Esho's residence.

Adeyemi said detectives from the command busted the gang during the christening of Esho's baby, adding that the gang's leader opened fire on detectives before he was gunned down.

She said, “Several items were recovered from his wife including three locally-made pistols, 17 live cartridges; three laptops; two LCD televisions; four wristwatches; a brand-new photocopier; 13 mobile phones; and one iPad.

“The LCD televisions and iPad tablet have been identified by their owners from Ijebu-Jesa and Esa-Oke respectively.”

Maintaining her innocence, Mercy said she did not know that her husband was an armed robber.

Mercy said, “May I not do well in life if I know that he was an armed robber. He used to maltreat me and starve me even when I was pregnant.

“It was his parents who urged me to marry him. He slept with me only once and I got pregnant. We were having the naming ceremony when police swooped on the party.”

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/apr/20/825.html
Re: Osun: I Didn't Know My Husband Was An Armed Robber - Wife by Nobody: 10:25pm On Apr 21, 2012
and what did she think his job was , with all these guns? policeman maybe?!
Re: Osun: I Didn't Know My Husband Was An Armed Robber - Wife by VALIDATOR: 3:48pm On Apr 26, 2012
MRbrownJAY: and what did she think his job was , with all these guns? policeman maybe?!
No,hunter. lol

(1) (Reply)

U.S: Kenyan Says He Ate Heart, Brain Of Victim / Gay Rights Activist Totured And Killed / Photos: Boko Haram Members Identified And Exposed By Borno Community

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.