Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,505 members, 7,781,545 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:42 PM

Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died (6865 Views)

17 Years After, Tupac Lives On... / Dagrin Lives On In Female Artists Minds / Late Dagrin Lives On Jimmy Jumpoff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by Ibomade1: 6:29pm On Apr 22, 2012
9ja's finnest MC
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 22, 2012
Who is Da Green, initially i thought he was the gate man at my estate gate. But from responses here, its like he was a musician but how come i never heard his music

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by vanstanzy(m): 9:13pm On Apr 22, 2012
[b][/b]
kelvin uche: grin e no concern me dagrin lives 4 una mind baaa

@NLers
The way u guyz eulogize da-grin is sickening. Thats why ills will always trive in our society. Such a young talented man, but he chose to party with the wrong spirit, defying the talent God gave him.
Like kelvin said, he lives in ur minds not mine.

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by Abayomin70(m): 9:19pm On Apr 22, 2012
silibaba:

be sincere with urself, when last did you play his CD. ask urself this question lipsrsealed
guy here in my room in school i ONLY listen to 5 atist
1 jarule
2 olumaintain
3 2face
4 pasuma
5 dagrin

is only GOD dat can see tins clearly d guy no blow rich 1year and he died if not 4 is dead who go no olamide my guys here compare him and olamide.dagrin LERUKUWERE EKERE MO MA REYIN [BI SERE]*2, MONI SwAGER GAN EXPECIALI TIMBA MU PARAGA,MO HOLD NAIJA DOwN BE JULIUS BERGER,PEMI LOGBENI MEN Ma pemi niga

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by Abimbade: 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2012
shadrach77: Some people are so silly. Here was a guy who died young due to his wayward lifestyle yet some jobless people are idolising him like he is some sort of god. May God help you all angry angry angry
sahrap man he impacted our generation one way or the other at his tender age, ask yourself how old are u and did u even have an influence in your family talk less of Nigeria as a whole dagrin made people to understand that u can rap in yoruba and people will still love it forget about ajasa he also confirmed it that dagrin was a great guy sit down there and say nonsense,,,,,,,, and remember grace covereth all fins maybe he is in heaven now u cant say

1 Like

Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by Doluseun(m): 10:09pm On Apr 22, 2012
Ao i wish he could just reign 4 @least 5years more, i bet no naija artiste can match his musical prowess, with his style ooo
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by Nobody: 10:18pm On Apr 22, 2012
Lyrical were RIP! Been jamming him all week long.
Ghetto Dreams is my all-time DaGrin favourite, it's got me through some dark days. One cant but imagine what revolutions his talent and skill could have fostered.
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by chucky234(m): 11:39pm On Apr 22, 2012
LeoMax: Who is Da Green, initially i thought he was the gate man at my estate gate. But from responses here, its like he was a musician but how come i never heard his music

Guess you been living under Olumo rock all your life
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by OmawumiMegbele(m): 12:14am On Apr 23, 2012
[size=30pt]RIP Dagrin[/size]
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by destinysgu(m): 12:24am On Apr 23, 2012
AJJ: Dagrin is dead but his Manhood still lives on. # Patience GEJ. RIP.
LOL !!!
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by fyneguy: 12:24am On Apr 23, 2012
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by Nobody: 4:10am On Apr 23, 2012
Abimbade:
sahrap man he impacted our generation one way or the other at his tender age, ask yourself how old are u and did u even have an influence in your family talk less of Nigeria as a whole dagrin made people to understand that u can rap in yoruba and people will still love it forget about ajasa he also confirmed it that dagrin was a great guy sit down there and say nonsense,,,,,,,, and remember grace covereth all fins maybe he is in heaven now u cant say
Ni99a please. Speak 4 urself.he impacted u & a few others not me.
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by suoshao: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2012
you will always be remba[img]http://www.dubaa.info/hmp.gif[/img]
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by Okijajuju1(m): 10:06am On Apr 23, 2012
shadrach77: Some people are so silly. Here was a guy who died young due to his wayward lifestyle yet some jobless people are idolising him like he is some sort of god. May God help you all angry angry angry

You just called us Jobless for paying tributes to a young guy who spent barely a year in the music industry and left such an impact with just 1 official album, 1 music video and a couple of mixtapes. . You with all the job in the world, a righteous lifestyle and Jesus crucifix tattooed to your heart remains a persona non grata. The street you live in barely knows you exist, in school you are just part of the number, you prolly would live to a ripe ful age and die and beyond your family no one would know who you are, no magazine would carry you obituary and you would be lucky if people would still be talking or remembering you 3 weeks after you pass.

We celebrate an icon, not judging his lifestyle. As far as we are concerned, wether he died trhough malaria or through an alcohol induced accident, the point remains he was a star that lived amongst us, now he is gone. . Once more we are only celebrate his life, not judge his death. .

y2kaustin: .....Its so pathetic,dat lots of youths of dis generation.Are goin retarded n r on d reverse motion.They praise,embrace n adore imorality n senselesnes.God help dem.

Its really sad that the people who choose to call other people names always fail to step back, look in the mirror and assess if they have earned the right to judge. Who gave you the right to judge people as retarded. I bet you are still an undergrad (if you have even passed JAMB) because judging from your write up thats filled with mordern day text abbriviations, you dont come across as being very intelligent yourself. Now so you understand the difference betweening praising/adoring and 'paying tributes', all the people on this thread are doing is recognizing the exit of a musical genuis. He may have lived his life on the wild side, but credit must be given to him because despite all that, he still harnessed the talents he had and left his mark in the sands of time. 20years would pass and somewhere, somehow a child or individual would stumble across one of his musical works, listen to it, enquire about him, google him, read up on him and say "WOW!! This guy was gifted". Now what you may want to ask yourself is what mark you have made in history. Would you live and die and just be counted amongst the number or would you be like a Tupac Shakur who despite living the Life of a gangsta and dying like one is still celebrated by even men who rule the free world today (like the current president of the United States of America). If you aint got nothing nice to say, then just shut up! Being an arse dont make you appear anymore intelligent than you are, it only exposes you as an even bigger arse than you already are.

Babzilla:
Ni99a please. Speak 4 urself.he impacted u & a few others not me.

Fine, then you must have missed your way because this is a thread for those trying to pay their respects. I'm sure at the funeral of any of your loved ones, you wouldnt appreciste it if someone called them an arse-licking fa'ggot who spent their lives being arseholes to every and anyone and that they hoped they rot in the grave and burn in the hottest part of hell.

The more mature thing to do would have been to move on. This thread is about the life of a man and its not funny that you and other arseholes can come on here and disrespect the memories of a man that many hold dearly.

vanstanzy:

@NLers
The way u guyz eulogize da-grin is sickening. Thats why ills will always trive in our society. Such a young talented man, but he chose to party with the wrong spirit, defying the talent God gave him.
Like kelvin said, he lives in ur minds not mine.

The way we choose to eulogize him is sickening you said!! How interesting!

So lets say he died in a plane crash, or by a stray bullet or through a terminal disease or just slept and didnt wake up, whats the real difference?! DEATH is DEATH!! The mode, means or causes are inconsequential. When your time is up, you've got to go. So why you have chosen to spite the death of this young man is still a mystery to me.

Why dont you focus on the achievements he accomplished during his life here on earth!! So you who is still living, what exactly have you accomplished that is worthy of note?! What talent did God give you?! Have you discovered it yet or are you still coasting through life?! Should you die in your sleep tonight, with the exception of your immediate family and prolly your 10 - 30 friends, who would still be talking about you 1 year after?! Beyond your facebook page, where else would your death be talked about?! You speak about God so much, how has you being so Godly helped your life thus far?! You should be ashamed of yourself for disrespecting the dead. . Next time, do the mature thing and walk away. . Being an arse has never made anyone look good.!! Just saying!

LeoMax: Who is Da Green, initially i thought he was the gate man at my estate gate. But from responses here, its like he was a musician but how come i never heard his music
[quote author=vanstanzy]

Because you are a child prolly locked indoors by your parents who only watches cartoon network and Nickolodeon and has never tasted beer, nor been to a party that didnt have clowns in cotton candy in it. . Thats why! If he was a gateman, well your gateman is sure worshipped more than your daddy. Recognize.

2 Likes

Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by LagosBoi2(m): 11:00am On Apr 23, 2012
Leave those who don't even listen to your music, let them say whatever they like, Do they even know if they will die by motor accident or plane crash, I have no business with what caused your death, I love your music and no one can fill that space, You said you can never do better than 50cent and 50cent can never do better than you because you choose to rap in your mother tongue. CEO , Akogun , Barack O. Green , Green Baba, Lyrical Were, We will always remember you.
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by Holudharey(m): 11:03am On Apr 23, 2012
Happy D****dai...............luu u.
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by StarFlux: 1:00pm On Apr 23, 2012
so sad cry

rest in peace, may you walk with the Lord.
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by holusormi(m): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2012
@okija_juju,,thank you....thank youuu.,once again thank you very much...infact if it wouldnt seem so gay,i woulda rushed up to you and bestow a hug and kiss upon you,,ur next wrap of weed/bottle of beer is on me!!!....its good u put dose senseless,never-do-well ,beefing,glory-hating,dumb,assholic idiots in dier right place,,thankz once again man,i owe u!!!!
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by Outstrip(f): 6:06pm On Apr 23, 2012
Time flies. May his soul continue to rest in peace
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by cynthiafred67(f): 8:07pm On Apr 23, 2012
May his gentil soul rest in peace.
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by alexleo(m): 8:56pm On Apr 23, 2012
2 yrs in the torment of hell. Yet he has eternity to spend there. Give your life to Jesus now so that you will escape hell.
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by Nobody: 12:22am On Apr 24, 2012
Two years already? Rest In Peace, Da Grin. You are missed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lTWA6ByX5U
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by chic2pimp(m): 1:08am On Apr 24, 2012
Time does fly indeed......Feels like yesterday.

Still rock that CEO Album almost on a daily basis. Yet to see a greater Nigerian Rap Album.

R.I.P Akogun aka Fimi sile jor aka Mosofunyi aka Lyrical Were
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by Nobody: 1:22am On Apr 24, 2012
chic2pimp: Time does fly indeed......Feels like yesterday.

Still rock that CEO Album almost on a daily basis. Yet to see a greater Nigerian Rap Album .

R.I.P Akogun aka Fimi sile jor aka Mosofunyi aka Lyrical Were

True.
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by wiseman123: 11:54am On Apr 25, 2012
He died untimely at 26 or so. After his death,it was reported in one paper that he had a satanic covenant which ensured his quick rise to fame and fortune but hastened his death. To me,he and his music constituted a bad influence on the society.There's nothing to remember him for.
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

You just called us Jobless for paying tributes to a young guy who spent barely a year in the music industry and left such an impact with just 1 official album, 1 music video and a couple of mixtapes. . You with all the job in the world, a righteous lifestyle and Jesus crucifix tattooed to your heart remains a persona non grata. The street you live in barely knows you exist, in school you are just part of the number, you prolly would live to a ripe ful age and die and beyond your family no one would know who you are, no magazine would carry you obituary and you would be lucky if people would still be talking or remembering you 3 weeks after you pass.

We celebrate an icon, not judging his lifestyle. As far as we are concerned, wether he died trhough malaria or through an alcohol induced accident, the point remains he was a star that lived amongst us, now he is gone. . Once more we are only celebrate his life, not judge his death. .

Its really sad that the people who choose to call other people names always fail to step back, look in the mirror and assess if they have earned the right to judge. Who gave you the right to judge people as retarded. I bet you are still an undergrad (if you have even passed JAMB) because judging from your write up thats filled with mordern day text abbriviations, you dont come across as being very intelligent yourself. Now so you understand the difference betweening praising/adoring and 'paying tributes', all the people on this thread are doing is recognizing the exit of a musical genuis. He may have lived his life on the wild side, but credit must be given to him because despite all that, he still harnessed the talents he had and left his mark in the sands of time. 20years would pass and somewhere, somehow a child or individual would stumble across one of his musical works, listen to it, enquire about him, google him, read up on him and say "WOW!! This guy was gifted". Now what you may want to ask yourself is what mark you have made in history. Would you live and die and just be counted amongst the number or would you be like a Tupac Shakur who despite living the Life of a gangsta and dying like one is still celebrated by even men who rule the free world today (like the current president of the United States of America). If you aint got nothing nice to say, then just shut up! Being an arse dont make you appear anymore intelligent than you are, it only exposes you as an even bigger arse than you already are.

Fine, then you must have missed your way because this is a thread for those trying to pay their respects. I'm sure at the funeral of any of your loved ones, you wouldnt appreciste it if someone called them an arse-licking fa'ggot who spent their lives being arseholes to every and anyone and that they hoped they rot in the grave and burn in the hottest part of hell.

The more mature thing to do would have been to move on. This thread is about the life of a man and its not funny that you and other arseholes can come on here and disrespect the memories of a man that many hold dearly.

So lets say he died in a plane crash, or by a stray bullet or through a terminal disease or just slept and didnt wake up, whats the real difference?! DEATH is DEATH!! The mode, means or causes are inconsequential. When your time is up, you've got to go. So why you have chosen to spite the death of this young man is still a mystery to me.

Why dont you focus on the achievements he accomplished during his life here on earth!! So you who is still living, what exactly have you accomplished that is worthy of note?! What talent did God give you?! Have you discovered it yet or are you still coasting through life?! Should you die in your sleep tonight, with the exception of your immediate family and prolly your 10 - 30 friends, who would still be talking about you 1 year after?! Beyond your facebook page, where else would your death be talked about?! You speak about God so much, how has you being so Godly helped your life thus far?! You should be ashamed of yourself for disrespecting the dead. . Next time, do the mature thing and walk away. . Being an arse has never made anyone look good.!! Just saying!

Finishing- brutality and fatality combined. Brotha thanks for setting them gaggits straight. Nigerians are so so hypocritical, godly me arse.
Re: Dagrin Lives On : Today Marks 2 Years Since He Died by Nobody: 6:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
Okija_juju:

Finishing- brutality and fatality combined. Brotha thanks for setting them gaggits straight. Nigerians are so so hypocritical, godly me arse.

(1) (2) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MP3: Timaya - Born To Win / Pls,wat's D Name Of D Congolese Artiste Dat Sang D Alhaji Song?someone Pls Help. / Ghetto P--- (modenine Diss) Big Baby** Fire **

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.