Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,136 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? (81330 Views)

5 Ways To Identify A Love-Starved Guy / 5 Ways To Identify A Hungry Girl In Nigeria / How To Identify A Good Wife Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by laykhorn(m): 10:31pm On Dec 02, 2012
acidtalk: If one expects a partner to possess some certain traits like the one listed below and they do, how can one also actually tell if the are pretending and acting it all up just to ensure the relationship ends in marraige?

Characteristics of a Wife/Husband are;

*One who Understands

*A Patient one

*A Conversationist (this is extremely important in every and any relationship)

*One who makes Sacrifices

*Someone who see your dream just as you see it or even clearer than you do (not a pessimist to your whole believe)

*A Comforter (who who will always pray for you and never use any negative or curse words on you)

*A friend (a true friend will correct you on things other people are scared, shy or reluctant to tell you I.e, "honey I bought you this body spray or mouth wash because I think you should use eat because I felt you sweated too much yesterday / your mouth felt dry while we were talking - no one else will tell you this only someone who really scares for you).

*A listener (someone who isn't quiet just because he/she is waiting for you to pulse so they can take over. But one who is really listening to bring about a positive impact in your conversation.)

*A Giver (a generous one who isn't weighing what he/she has given to you and expecting the equivalent or something better)

*One who shares your interest (Sports, fashion, current affiars, music, geography, movie, Sport, History, Politics, Religion, events, lifestyle - if your partner doesn't have at list 3 of these interest with you then please move on to the next because marriage goes way beyond the sex and food. There MUST be other similar interest to always keep communication going).

*Fear of God (this means differnt things to different people so sort yours out).

*Love (this came last because one must have 2 or more of the above triats before you can love them. And note; love rises and fades in every relationship and marriage but only the above will reignite the love you crave for).

A good partner should possess at least 3 or more of the above traits before you should consider him/her for marriage.
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by expensive007(m): 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2012
Pretenders are the worst
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by expensive007(m): 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2012
Pretenders are the worst! So shine ur face..
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by laykhorn(m): 10:38pm On Dec 02, 2012
Isn't this the same Acid who said his father-in-law decided not to give out his daughter to him because of his notoriety on NL. We lose taste for ur lies. I've stopped believin them lng tym ago. Mor0n buruku.. Iro e lee wo ile
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by slimyem: 10:47pm On Dec 02, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Acid, how many friends u get sef,all ur threads or comments na my friend dis my friend da, it's neva U!

God is watching o!
you dey mind am?
Person wey go watch Nollywood movie come dump the story for here...
Only the gullibles believe those tales of his!!

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Dec 02, 2012
ijebabe: Pretenders will always like attention on themselves, sharing too much irrelevant details so you are distracted by what they are saying and not what you want to hear. Doesn't discuss much about your dreams, career plan and other such interests. And worse criticize men/women in general or their last boy/girlfriend, sharing your exes personal details that was meant to be a secret, complaining and being abusive that it was the other person's fault that the relationship ended, bla bla bla.

I will create scenarios, discuss alot of issues (general and family) and judge by the response, introduce to my trusted circle of friends because I might miss something they won't. I think the only way to find out is to spend time with the partner. No matter how good a liar the person is, if you spend enough time you will notice certain behaviours that don't feel right to you or add up. We are all imperfect but the problem is we tend to ignore the 'signs' and make excuses for them hoping its a one time thing and even worse we can change it. No love without sacrifice. Some people possess alot of positive traits but there is that one thing that will not just cut it. Anger is a very clear sign for me to know that if he doesn't work on controlling it now I will end up being a punching bag in the future.
There is no 'ONE WAY' to catch a pretender just take things slow and shine you eyes well.
on point.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by acidtalk: 11:07pm On Dec 02, 2012
laykhorn: Isn't this the same Acid who said his father-in-law decided not to give out his daughter to him because of his notoriety on NL. We lose taste for ur lies. I've stopped believin them lng tym ago. Mor0n buruku.. Iro e lee wo ile
ya yes na me and I advice you to also go through about 180 other threads of mine before finally committing suicide. To the last word of yours, na your papa papa be slowpoke buruku.

I aint that nice you know?
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by acidtalk: 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2012
slimyem: you dey mind am?
Person wey go watch Nollywood movie come dump the story for here...
Only the gullibles believe those tales of his!!

And here comes by Biggest Follower on Nairaland. You just can't do without tailing me about and yet all you do is to pretend you aren't enjoying my threads.

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by jumpmasta(m): 11:10pm On Dec 02, 2012
acidtalk: A closed friend just called a few minutes ago to lament (and cry inbetween) that the girl he has been dating for 18months and was deemed fit to marry by all members of his family and friend was discovered to be a mother of a 7years old boy.

She kept this away from my friend all this while and it is only 5 months to their supposed wedding.

When he confronted her about it last night, she denied it for over 2 hours until when he started to dish out evidences she could no longer deny.

She swore she would have told him before their wedding day, but this friend is adamant saying he is over with her because only God knows the so many other secrets she is keeping from him.

He swore he would have almost thought she was even a virgin if he hadn't made love to her before. She looks so innocent and loving.

Human beings and pretence.
O boy!! Goose pimples don full my body oooh lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by miketonic(m): 11:17pm On Dec 02, 2012
how does this affect the price of garri and fried plantain in owerri? i beg next topic joor
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by Hailedin9ja: 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2012
To be double sure he/she is not pretending, instal this application on his/her phone. [url]catch-that-cheater..com[/url]. You can then discreetly monitor phone conversation. Also get copies of incoming & outgoing SMS. Try it out, you'll love it.
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by baby124: 11:30pm On Dec 02, 2012
Almost impossible. Some people are very very good at this. No matter how long you stay in the same room together or how much you talk, some people can still deceive you. The best way is to try to reconcile actions with words. Sometimes we just know, something is not right. Some people can live with someone for 20yrs and after 20yrs the person brings in a new attitude. People also change, hopefully you don't end up with someone that changes every year. You will have a big emotional issue on your hands.
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Dec 02, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Acid, how many friends u get sef,all ur threads or comments na my friend dis my friend da, it's neva U!

God is watching o!

hahahahahaha 300 f/frnds and 700 b/frnds
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Dec 02, 2012
cowgurl: Perfect pretenders my sexy foot! One can tell a pretender if e/she is damn Observant instead of bein carried away by distracters such as sex n money.
two of a kind
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by laykhorn(m): 11:52pm On Dec 02, 2012
acidtalk: ya yes na me and I advice you to also go through about 180 other threads of mine before finally committing suicide. To the last word of yours, na your papa papa be slowpoke buruku.

I aint that nice you know?
I ain't any nicer either. Didinrin wan lari mo ogiri cos i open him nyansh. I'm so gifted traumatisin joy o0o... Na ur Papa u dey refer to.
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by star4(f): 12:01am On Dec 03, 2012
It may take a lil time but you'll know.

When you find yourself having conversations in your head to justify their actions, that's when the alarm should ring and you should make a sharp exit!

You just need to believe in your instincts. Every relationship is a risk. Trust is precious and fragile. So whoever you give it to has a big job keeping it.

I think anyway smiley

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by chinnyonwu(m): 12:12am On Dec 03, 2012
Idowuogbo:

God is watching o!
SCAM
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by Nobody: 12:43am On Dec 03, 2012
The truthfulness of a man/woman's words can only be proven by the sincere action of his/her practical living condiction
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by Qluminati(m): 1:35am On Dec 03, 2012
acidtalk: If one expects a partner to possess some certain traits like the one listed below and they do, how can one also actually tell if the are pretending and acting it all up just to ensure the relationship ends in marraige?

Characteristics of a Wife/Husband are;

*One who Understands

*A Patient one

*A Conversationist (this is extremely important in every and any relationship)

*One who makes Sacrifices

*Someone who see your dream just as you see it or even clearer than you do (not a pessimist to your whole believe)

*A Comforter (who who will always pray for you and never use any negative or curse words on you)

*A friend (a true friend will correct you on things other people are scared, shy or reluctant to tell you I.e, "honey I bought you this body spray or mouth wash because I think you should use eat because I felt you sweated too much yesterday / your mouth felt dry while we were talking - no one else will tell you this only someone who really scares for you).

*A listener (someone who isn't quiet just because he/she is waiting for you to pulse so they can take over. But one who is really listening to bring about a positive impact in your conversation.)

*A Giver (a generous one who isn't weighing what he/she has given to you and expecting the equivalent or something better)

*One who shares your interest (Sports, fashion, current affiars, music, geography, movie, Sport, History, Politics, Religion, events, lifestyle - if your partner doesn't have at list 3 of these interest with you then please move on to the next because marriage goes way beyond the sex and food. There MUST be other similar interest to always keep communication going).

*Fear of God (this means differnt things to different people so sort yours out).

*Love (this came last because one must have 2 or more of the above triats before you can love them. And note; love rises and fades in every relationship and marriage but only the above will reignite the love you crave for).

A good partner should possess at least 3 or more of the above traits before you should consider him/her for marriage.

I quote u from top to tha bottom cas It Doesn't work for me......OT dey.....So Okpekes Papa Yansh
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by acidtalk: 4:56am On Dec 03, 2012
laykhorn:
I ain't any nicer either. Didinrin wan lari mo ogiri cos i open him nyansh. I'm so gifted traumatisin joy o0o... Na ur Papa u dey refer to.

Who is this clown?
You have spent your entire life following me on nairaland and I never and don't even know you exist. So who cares what a worthless fellow like you thinks or says.

Didinrin wan lari mo ogiri- Give this to your dad who refused to train you.
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by laykhorn(m): 6:13am On Dec 03, 2012
acidtalk:

Who is this clown?
You have spent your entire life following me on nairaland and I never and don't even know you exist. So who cares what a worthless fellow like you thinks or says.

Didinrin wan lari mo ogiri- Give this to your dad who refused to train you.
i've never followed you but I sure knew whats goin on in here... Why u come dey vex naaa. U pressed the 'dad' button first, and you have no knowledge how disciplined I am. And as 4 d didinrin part, i actually meant 'you hittin ur head on the wall,,which can mean you want to kill urself'
i meant no insult in d first place.. Lets drop the grudge.. Lyf is short, live it up.
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by Revolva(m): 6:18am On Dec 03, 2012
Women are the pretenders mostly - a naija gal go say she like you or even love you just because your pocket dey on - or you dey cruise end of discussion honda - as a young boy - but when money finish atter go change she can even go after your best friend and Bleep him if you no take time- fake bitchez
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by AdeniyiA(m): 6:19am On Dec 03, 2012
to some,scamming/pretence is a gift-the perfect pretenders,a man can claim to love his wealthy fiancee wt his life but only interested in her money n no traces of love in his heart,he might get married to hern spend years wt her,but on d day he achieves him aims,he runs away.
only GOD can reveal such because 'INU JIN'.
OLM, d nose sef wicked for not being able to smell such bad people... sml
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 03, 2012
OP,

If she is seeing your dream more than u the dreamer... hmmm u need to go back to sleep to and have a second thought about ur life. We all saw the end of things when the brothers of Joseph helped him in the interpretation of his dreams...

A word is enough!

BTW, let me go back to continue reading your post.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by leeland(m): 8:02am On Dec 03, 2012
Idowuogbo:

God is watching o!

Dnt mind acid,na nolly wood director him be
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by lolaluv1(f): 8:22am On Dec 03, 2012
code_0: Catching a pretender is not in all these because he can still pretends over them. But the best way to catch a pretender is in his relationship with other people. Here, a pretender would always be exposed because he cannot pretends with everybody except you and you should know those areas you can use in checking this. Example maybe the way he talks to others, his reaction to issues with friends, manners with neighbors and a whole lots. If the way he deals with you is different from the way he deals with others especially in these few areas, knows that he is a pretender. You can never catch a pretender just between you and the person.

Alot of people made alot of sense on this thread but this really hit the nail on the head for me.

Again, allow the partner get comfortable and they will show their true selves....
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by debsjoat(m): 8:46am On Dec 03, 2012
Its only if U̶̲̥̅̊ are a magician, that's when you'll say U̶̲̥̅̊ want to discern a pretender. One very particular thing we should understand is that; people change respectively with time and external force. Let me explain with this energy law. " In an
open or a closed system energy is neither created nor destroyed, as there's no moving body without external force or movement by virtue".
Some changes in a relationship is come about based on what the ppl involved are being pushed to the extreme to do, as they've reached there break point, not just because they really want to be a pretender.
And to the movement by virtue; they are the chronic pretenders, its only with the help of God one can be saved from them. Don't think U̶̲̥̅̊ can spot a pretender as leaning on to your understanding profits nothing but putting God first bring about correcting developed negative habit(pretence). Love y'all. I'm new here...
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by ModupeJ(f): 9:37am On Dec 03, 2012
Yu can never identify a pretending partner,they only come out of their pretence when they are done with yu nd move on to their next victim!

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by naijathings(m): 9:39am On Dec 03, 2012
buy a pretendometer. come here asking stupid questions.
okay... how about...
how can one know which girl has HIV before he toast her.
How can one know which car is going to crash into the river niger this christmas?
how can one know how many times her boyfriend has brushed his teeth since he was born?
how can one identify a guy that will marry her if she agree to his toasting?
how can one identify a virgin by just looking and not touching?
how can a girl know if her 30 year old pastor boyfriend is really a virgin?
*drops the MIC and walks off*
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by Ozovehe65(m): 10:05am On Dec 03, 2012
yuzedo: 1. If he/she uses his/her thumbs to type on his/her phone, na pretender (s)he be! undecided
2. If when answering call, the 1st thing the person says is "hello", na babanla cheat! angry
3. Does he/she enter the toilet sometimes? shocked What dyu thing he/she is going to do inside there? undecided dump his/her arzzzze!! angry I hope I have been able to help u, cheers! cheesy wink

i fink u need a doctor !
Re: How Can One Identify A Pretending Partner??? by Koolking(m): 3:27pm On Dec 03, 2012
Yomieluv: A pretender is very difficult to fish out,except by stroke of luck,cos most of them are master of oerfectionist, I know a guy that dated a girl from a church,who look innocent,but a pro in lying, stealing the guy stuff,the guy neva believed till she was caught red handed.
A pretender always appear tOo possessive,and try to build the relationship around themselves.
They appear too nice,and always suspect their partner of things they themselves are guilty of.
Most ladies are guilty of this,they are nothing but wolf in sheep skin.

I agree with you sir. It's only desperate people that pretend in a relationship. It's always dawn on them in no time. Time and circumstance always tell

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

American Man Lands In Kano To Wed Hausa Bride Whom He Has Never Met. Photos / Slay Queen Shows Off Her Undies And Tattoos On Facebook (Photos) / I Am Tired Of Her Coming To My House To Eat Food, How Do I Tell Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.