Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? (2308 Views)

Fraudulent Threads In The Family Section Of NL!!! We Don Casssssh Dem!!!!! / Are You A Happily Married Man? Family Section Needs You / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by maclatunji: 6:38pm On Apr 22, 2012
I have seen some heavy artillery being used on this section of Nairaland this weekend. People, what's up with that?
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by SisiKill1: 6:48pm On Apr 22, 2012
Uncle mi...whachutalking about?

Are you trying to say we are not one big happy family?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by coogar: 6:54pm On Apr 22, 2012
maclatunji: I have seen some heavy artillery being used on this section of Nairaland this weekend. People, what's up with that?

women having their time of the month!
it's a phase. in few days, it would be lovey-dovey all over again.
we have seen it all before.
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by maclatunji: 7:23pm On Apr 22, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Uncle mi...whachutalking about?

Are you trying to say we are not one big happy family?? cheesy cheesy

Not at all but to be honest, the family section over this weekend cannot be said to be easy-reading for the faint-hearted.
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by maclatunji: 7:26pm On Apr 22, 2012
coogar:

women having their time of the month!
it's a phase. in few days, it would be lovey-dovey all over again.
we have seen it all before.

Okay, as funny as it may read. You could be right O.
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by taryour(f): 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2012
maclatunji: I have seen some heavy artillery being used on this section of Nairaland this weekend. People, what's up with that?

u are right my broda. God go help us oo
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by coogar: 7:58pm On Apr 22, 2012
maclatunji:

Okay, as funny as it may read. You could be right O.

i am always right!
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by moremi2008(m): 8:02pm On Apr 22, 2012
I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by maclatunji: 8:32pm On Apr 22, 2012
coogar:

i am always right!

LOL, Okay.
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by sweetcocoa(f): 9:21pm On Apr 22, 2012
Coogar is definitely right on that one.cheesy
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by nike4luv(f): 9:28pm On Apr 22, 2012
Evening,
Please do not hesitate to report this 'heavy artillery' to the complaints section as it comes up. Please help the mod so that we can keep this section as orderly as possible.

Regards
Mod
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by Tgirl4real(f): 1:58am On Apr 23, 2012
moremi2008: I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Oga Mac, see as ur 'simple' grammer don confuse pesin.cool

@ post,
It's becoming annoying and I don,t agree it's a phase. Things like this has been going on for little more than a month now. @least since I started frequenting more, its been one fight after the other. And it's usually on threads about abuse, divorce and co.

I wonder if these peeps can't use the same energy to post logically on other threads that equally need attention.

Most times I just ignore as long as no one has reported. It isn't beans cleaning up after you guys.

Please, letz behave like matured adult we are expected to be.
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:11am On Apr 23, 2012
Sowweeyy o. I didn't know dis thread was locked undecided

Guess I could post cos I am a mod. I think this thread is necessary. I was planning on writing sum'n similar but glad Maclatunji did.

Although, oga Mac, u no put ur writing prowess into action here o. Would hav loved sum'n detailed that addresses the point. You no hesitate to use it on the complaint thread sha wink lol
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by ifyalways(f): 6:45am On Apr 23, 2012
What's new

Oh,this thread is important and had to be re-opened because?how different is this sob thread from Debrief's own which y'all labelled as "unimportant"?how did that thread end up and where precisely would this one head to?

Sight for sore eyes.Frogs lapdancing!!!
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by maclatunji: 6:58am On Apr 23, 2012
ifyalways: What's new

Oh,this thread is important and had to be re-opened because?how different is this sob thread from Debrief's own which y'all labelled as "unimportant"?how did that thread end up and where precisely would this one head to?

Huh?
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by taryour(f): 8:52am On Apr 23, 2012
Tgirl4real:
Oga Mac, see as ur 'simple' grammer don confuse pesin.cool

@ post,
It's becoming annoying and I don,t agree it's a phase. Things like this has been going on for little more than a month now. @least since I started frequenting more, its been one fight after the other. And it's usually on threads about abuse, divorce and co.

I wonder if these peeps can't use the same energy to post logically on other threads that equally need attention.

Most times I just ignore as long as no one has reported. It isn't beans cleaning up after you guys.

Please, letz behave like matured adult we are expected to be.

my sister i tire ooo
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by Nobody: 11:27am On Apr 23, 2012
ifyalways: What's new

You too much. Oya chop 5 kpekus cool

Debrief opened the same thread, were is it? dumped in the recycle bin? undecided
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by Nobody: 11:38am On Apr 23, 2012
I think my thread was closed because the insults got out of control. But really this section is becoming something else.
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by ifyalways(f): 11:53am On Apr 23, 2012
^Thats part of what im trying to say.If according to y'all there is a problem in this section,why was that thread not cleaned up of the insults(if there were any) and issues raised addressed ?

Who says this same thread wont go the way of the other thread a la same but fresh insults flying out?

One of the mods claimed then(cant be bothered to quote) that your innocent thread(like this one) was of no use only to wake today and claim there is need for one.Why?one of her own on the recieving end of the insults this time around?LOL

If only we all would stop cheering,taking sides and ignore certain posts and posters when things get bad,we won't be stuck with threads like this.

Going for my kpekus lessons.Azu anu word!!!
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by maclatunji: 11:54am On Apr 23, 2012
debrief08: I think my thread was closed because the insults got out of control. But really this section is becoming something else.

Oh! I see. I never saw your thread so I did not know that we were thinking in similar terms when I created this thread.
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 23, 2012
ifyalways: ^Thats part of what im trying to say.If according to y'all there is a problem in this section,why was that thread not cleaned up of the insults(if there were any) and issues raised addressed ?

Who says this same thread wont go the way of the other thread a la same but fresh insults flying out?

One of the mods claimed then(cant be bothered to quote) that your innocent thread(like this one) was of no use only to wake today and claim there is need for one.Why?one of her own on the recieving end of the insults this time around?LOL

If only we all would stop cheering,taking sides and ignore certain posts and posters when things get bad,we won't be stuck with threads like this.

Going for my kpekus lessons.Azu anu word!!!
Lol Ify, Kpekus go comot for ya ear one day. Well, I no get answer oh, I want to believe Mods have reasons for their actions, I dont even want to think that it was my personality that disqualified that thread.
At the end of the day we are still saying the same thing, give your advice and respect the advice of others whether you like them or not.
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by Nobody: 12:00pm On Apr 23, 2012
Respect silly advises? y'all are kidding me. I owe it to seun to single them out even mine.

Ify chop remain for me ooo cool
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Apr 23, 2012
jennykadry: Respect silly advises? y'all are kidding me. I owe it to seun to single them out even mine.

Ify chop remain for me ooo cool
Madam oh, lol, if you not like the advice point out the oart that is silly and attack it, the problem comes when we start attacking the advice giver.
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Apr 23, 2012
debrief08:
Madam oh, lol, if you not like the advice point out the oart that is silly and attack it, the problem comes when we start attacking the advice giver.

All na the same. The advise is as silly as the giver.

All I can say is, Ify has raised some solid points here but let me go and chop my own share of the yekini first before my enemies make me lose interest angry
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 23, 2012
jennykadry:

All na the same. The advise is as silly as the giver.

All I can say is, Ify has raised some solid points here but let me go and chop my own share of the yekini first before my enemies make me lose interest angry
kai una lucky oh, this boy is getting ready to drop any minute now so am temporarily out of service. Chop remain abeg. Kai, belle dey taya person abeg
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Apr 23, 2012
On the issue, abeg try to ignore the advice giver, we are all different, variety is the spice of life.
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by ifyalways(f): 12:35pm On Apr 23, 2012
Debrief, attacked for your personality?I wanted to comment on that thread but held my peace when I noticed the trend of the thread. The message was totally ignored and the messenger shot! Twas so bad you fled the thread.

Guess what?the same mod that not just attacked you but also queried the need for that thread suddenly woke up to preach same thing, huh? Which kind of holy saint today, sinful sinner tomorrow fucking irritating hypocrisy is that one?

@jenny, you've got Agaba to keep you busy, why I go chop remain for you. On a serious note sha, let's be more tolerant of others views.every silly advice makes sense to atleast one person. . . The giver. Lolz

At the end of the day, the OP would pick the advises that suit him/her and life goes on.
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by maclatunji: 12:51pm On Apr 23, 2012
debrief08:
Madam oh, lol, if you not like the advice point out the part that is silly and attack it, the problem comes when we start attacking the advice giver.

I had to go and dig to find your thread that then led me to another thread which if I am not careful will lead me into a vicious cycle.

Ladies and Gentlemen
Like anybody here, I cannot claim to be a saint. However, there is one principle that I hold-on to that I think outstands some of you when I follow and implement it. It is: focus on the point(s) you are trying to make in each thread and not the person/people involved. This means that I may disagree with you on this thread and agree with you on the next one. That doesn't mean I am duplicitous or conniving, it just means I am being me.

Now, no doubt there is some degree of affinity that has been created over time by different members of NL on this section. Personally, I joke about a certain 'Kabal'. I remember that Chaircover once tried to teach me English and said the word is actually 'Cabal'. I told her off grin stating that I had 'poetic licence.' She took it quite maturely and moved on within the same thread. Now, this not about me or CC. The point I am trying to make is that I recognized the affinity between some ladies here but did not go calling them a 'cabal'. Which if I did would be formally bunching them together in my mind and probably in their minds too.

I have also read of an all-male 'Cabal'. Then there are the personal battles between different couples (as in two people). All of these things will happen and persist because the moderating theme of Nairaland is generally lax (it is not the moderators' fault). Hence, the onus to self-moderate is on we the users. Half of the conflicts that occur in the family section could be resolved if we focused on the topic or the points we are making without attacking the poster or those with opposing views.

Even if you want to 'destroy' another person's point, there are classy ways to go about it such that the opposing party will admire the manner in which you have argued your points.

Let us take note of some/all of these points and maybe we can make progress from there:

Suggested Guiding Principles of Engagement on Nairaland

1. None of us can be right all of the time.

2. There are several ways of solving most problems- there cannot be only one correct answer.

3. There is nobody that has a monopoly of insults.

4. It is generally accepted that being civil is the best way to converse with other people.

5. Respect your 'perceived enemies', they cannot be totally bad just like you cannot be totally good.

6. That you keep quiet or walk away does not necessarily mean you are weak.

7. It is generally accepted etiquette not to brag about what is going good for you in public(online)- it can be insulting to those who aren't so lucky in any matter it may be. Also,it is a sign of ingratitude to God for his favour to you in that respect. We don't deserve any good that comes our way in this world by right, it is out of the grace of God.

8. Be sincere with your praise and be firm whilst being measured with constructive criticism.

9. If there is a misunderstanding between other parties, you either keep silent or genuinely seek for peace if you are equipped to do so.

10. Never seek to post just because you want someone reading that post to feel bad- once you do that, you have sinned and if you succeed expect retribution from God if that person keeps quiet in sorrow (especially when they don't deserve it) and does not reply you.

11. Nothing we do in this world, even on the Internet is without its consequence(s). Hence, let us fear God in all we do.

12. Always think about how (the)other party(ies) reading your post will feel when they read your post.

13. Nobody is self-sufficient except God; the person you feel you can ridicule today may be the person you will need desperately tomorrow to help you.

14. It is okay to apologize when you are wrong.

15. It is especially okay for you to apologize when you know your are not wrong! (Yeah, I know it is crazy but God knows it does wonders for people).

16. Being friends is so much more fun than being enemies.

17. Let us forget the past and make a fresh start.

18. Remember, these points apply to me as well so save it (the rebuttal). smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2012
Can this thread be locked please?

Thanks
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by coogar: 12:57pm On Apr 23, 2012
for bleeps' sake, why do people take nairaland so seriously?
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 23, 2012
^^^ grin grin . Are you still single sir?
Re: Is The Family Section Of Nairaland Heating-up Or What? by coogar: 1:02pm On Apr 23, 2012
jennykadry: ^^^ grin grin . Are you still single sir?

single n was searching until yesterday when i met busy_body.

(1) (2)

Happy Birthday Tgirl4real / Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! / Loan Available At Low Interest Rate (Private Sector Salary Earners only)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.