Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,937 members, 7,806,715 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? (12621 Views)

Tourist Guide Within Dalian Of Liaoning Province,china. / Help : In The Canada Permanent Resident,hw Can Sum1 Go About Province Nominee Form? / How Can I Study And Work In Singapore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by naijanelly(m): 6:50pm On Apr 22, 2012
Hi people

I've decided to study in France because of the cheap tuition. But I heard living in Paris is quite expensive, but I feel its the same way people speak about abuja being expensive not knowing there are some cheap settlements in Abuja, is Paris all round expensive or are there still cheap settlements there? Or should I just go to other nearby cities like Lyon? Plus ill also appreciate if nigerians living in France could suggest some cheap french language schools in France to me. Thanks
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by tanimola22: 8:51pm On Apr 22, 2012
naijanelly: Hi people

I've decided to study in France because of the cheap tuition. But I heard living in Paris is quite expensive, but I feel its the same way people speak about abuja being expensive not knowing there are some cheap settlements in Abuja, is Paris all round expensive or are there still cheap settlements there? Or should I just go to other nearby cities like Lyon? Plus ill also appreciate if nigerians living in France could suggest some cheap french language schools in France to me. Thanks

Hi,

I had an exchange/study abroad program in Paris, so I feel I can say one or two things.

First, the cost of living is truly high. However, as a student, you will get subsidy for house rent from the French government. They call the subsidy CAF. If your house rent for a month is 450Euros, for example, you may end up paying a meager 250 or even 200Euros because of this subsidy. Depending on your lifestyle, you overall cost should not be more than 700Euros in one month.

Second, some universities in Paris make provisions for accommodation for their students. In this case, you will have no problem. You just simply sign the contract, make payments and move into the apartment that has been reserved for you. The apartments are usually one room self-contained, with toilet, bathroom, kitchen all to yourself. This is based on what I experienced in my time there.

Third, there are tons of British, American,Canadian and Australian students on exchange/study abroad programs at universities in Paris. So, don't worry, there will be many people that you can freely interact with.

I am not sure if your reason for wanting to go to France is to go study the French language. You may want to make that clear.

For normal universities in Paris, I recommend Paris-Dauphine, Ecole Polytechnic, SciencePo. They are very good and attract the highest number of international students, of course aside the likes of INSEAD, HEC, PSB etc.

On the whole, Paris is a nice city and I strongly encourage you to go study there.

T22
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by deolub: 10:29pm On Apr 22, 2012
@tanimola22
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by naijanelly(m): 11:55pm On Apr 22, 2012
[quote author=tanimola22]

Hi,

I had an exchange/study abroad program in Paris, so I feel I can say one or two things.

First, the cost of living is truly high. However, as a student, you will get subsidy for house rent from the French government. They call the subsidy CAF. If your house rent for a month is 450Euros, for example, you may end up paying a meager 250 or even 200Euros because of this subsidy. Depending on your lifestyle, you overall cost should not be more than 700Euros in one month.

Second, some universities in Paris make provisions for accommodation for their students. In this case, you will have no problem. You just simply sign the contract, make payments and move into the apartment that has been reserved for you. The apartments are usually one room self-contained, with toilet, bathroom, kitchen all to yourself. This is based on what I experienced in my time there.

Third, there are tons of British, American,Canadian and Australian students on exchange/study abroad programs at universities in Paris. So, don't worry, there will be many people that you can freely interact with.

I am not sure if your reason for wanting to go to France is to go study the French language. You may want to make that clear.

For normal universities in Paris, I recommend Paris-Dauphine, Ecole Polytechnic, SciencePo. They are very good and attract the highest number of international students, of course aside the likes of INSEAD, HEC, PSB etc.

On the whole, Paris is a nice city and I strongly encourage you to go study there.

Thanks.
I want to go for a bachelor's degree course, and the medium of instruction is french, so I want to go to France and improve my knowledge of the language and adjust to their culture before starting off because English universities there are pretty expensive. Thanks
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by tanimola22: 2:10am On Apr 23, 2012
deolub: @tanimola22 please kindly give me your e mail...i want you to help me proofread one of my SOP for DAAD....please your prompt response would be appreciated

Okay, tanimola22 at yahoo dot com.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by tanimola22: 2:10am On Apr 23, 2012
[quote author=naijanelly][/quote]

Okay.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by deolub: 2:40pm On Apr 23, 2012
@tanimola22
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by warlei(m): 8:20am On Apr 24, 2012
hi,frnds ur topic got my attention,i would love to study medcine in paris,please how feasible is it,what are the requirements,cost of study,do non citizens engage in surgical training,can u link me up with any nigerian medical stuudent in france,my email adeboyusuf@gmail.com
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by naijanelly(m): 8:41am On Apr 24, 2012
@warlei studying in France is quite cheap btween €247 and €500/year but since you are planning to study medicine the price could be higher. And you need to know how to spaek french cos that's the Medium of instruction. Excpt you want to go to a private uni in France which is very expensive
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by warlei(m): 8:29pm On Apr 24, 2012
Naijanelly,thanks for the info,hw do i start processimg,nd wt are the procedures,cost of living,can u recomend a good medical school
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by naijanelly(m): 11:09pm On Apr 24, 2012
@warlei are you in lagos or abuja? The only was to apply is through the french embassy or alliance francais(french cultural center) in your city. They ll give you all the info you need.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by warlei(m): 7:01am On Apr 25, 2012
@naija nelly am in lagos
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 11:14am On Apr 25, 2012
naijanelly...Study in Paris is more expensive than study other region of France but it depends on what you wanna study in France.If your reason of going to France is to study French, Paris is not the best place for you...from my own experience during my study at University of Nantes, France and my little stay in Paris after my study...Because people speak English in Paris but in other region...you hardly see people that will speak any language to you than French.
For study in France contact France campus in Abuja or French Embassy in Ikoyi.

Thnaks

Demmy
France alumina Memeber

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 12:44pm On Apr 25, 2012
naijanelly, i saw ur comment on study Medicine in France...Tution fees for Medicine in France is the same wit other courses but cost of materials such as textbook etc maybe higher than the other Course...I have alot of Medicine student in my Hostel during my student in Nantes.
Also, the best place to get an accurate info on study in France is Campusfrance in Abuja or their Website...Naijanelly do you attend their last Edition of FRENCH EDUCATION FAIR in VI? Alliance francais may not be able to give accurate info on study in France.

I copied this directly from mail:

Good morning,

My name is Claire Hazoume.

I am in charge of the Promotion of Higher Education in France at the French Embassy, Abuja.

The French Embassy in Nigeria is organizing two events, and we would love to have you participating in them.

Affiche_01.jpg

The Second Edition of the French Education Fair

The fair will take place:

- In Abuja on Thursday 15th March 2012

- In Lagos on Saturday 24th March 2012

The aim of this fair is to:

· Portray the attractiveness of France through the presentation of its educational system,

· Draw attention to the French presence in Nigeria through a dynamic network of Schools, Cultural Centres, Research institutes, and Companies,

· Present the advantages of joining French schools in Nigeria and passing French exams

· Highlight the importance of learning French in today’s global world,

Prospective students will attend this education fair. It would be great if you could take part to this event and share with them a testimony of your academic experience in France.

FAN2_01.jpg

The First Franco-Nigerian Alumni Network Meet Up

On Tuesday 27th March, in Lagos, we are organizing the very first meet up of former Nigerian students in France.

Alumni, but also representatives of the French diplomatic, consular, cultural and corporate network in Nigeria will attend this event.

The meet up is on invitation.

If interested, kindly get back to me in order to get your nominative invitation.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Feel free to contact me, should you need more information.

With my best regards,

Claire HAZOUME

Project Manager, "Promotion of French Higher Education"

Campus France Nigeria

Institut Français du Nigeria

52 Libreville Street / Off Aminu Kano Crescent

Wuse 2 / ABUJA
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by naijanelly(m): 4:45pm On Apr 25, 2012
Emm okay that's fair.. But the accomodation in Paris is pretty high, and I missed school hostel application!! Is there a way to find roomates you could share the rent with?? OML I must apply for hostel next year.

Plus sorry I said alliance francais, I meant campus France.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by naijanelly(m): 12:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
@dem76 are you serious? what was the cost of accomodation in nantes? Because Paris is too expensive MY GOD!
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by warlei(m): 5:39am On Apr 27, 2012
Dem thanks for the info which city is cheaper to study in,and my other concern are there racists there
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by warlei(m): 5:44am On Apr 27, 2012
Also dem can a non citizen perform surgery practicals,in ukraine and russia medical students dont, whats the course duration there
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by naijanelly(m): 7:30am On Apr 27, 2012
@warl All cities have the same tuition, its the accomodation that's the koko. Avoid Paris sha man its fucking expensive!!! Talking 77k every month!! U can try lille, nice, rennes,nantes, Nancy e.t.c I'm actually considering either lille or nantes, waiting for dem's reply.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by warlei(m): 9:13am On Apr 27, 2012
Ok nelly,@ dem i heard of the massive failue at the concour exams for first year medical students,can u shed more light pls
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 6:36pm On Apr 27, 2012
naijanelly...accommodation in Nantes is between 134-300 euros in Nantes depends on the type you want...i went for 134 Euros then which is also self contain and CAF is paying 50 Euros, so i just need to pay 84 Euros every month.But you hardly find that kind of price in Paris.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 6:45pm On Apr 27, 2012
Warlei...hum...French people are not racist like British, the problem is we dont Understand them AND THEIR life style, i enjoy France better than Stay in England...Also you must have determination to learn French and speak it to Enjoy French people...You can perform operation in France in as much you are perfect...Try France, you will fall in Love with France.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 6:49pm On Apr 27, 2012
Warlei...I can strogly reccommend Nantes for you my NL interested in studying in France....But what is your French Language level? you need to learn French to excel in your study orelse you wanna study Course in English which is more expensive....Do you know that Nantes is one of the big City in France? an Headquarter of a Region
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 7:01pm On Apr 27, 2012
Any NL who is interested in Study in France should contact before May ending for more orientation.Thanks
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by naijanelly(m): 8:25am On Apr 28, 2012
@dem76 thanks you ve been helpful, I'll come to nantes then! But ill come January because I'm currently studyin french at campus France so I could get my DELF B2 certificate. I want to study public health, could you please give me the name of your university and tuition thanks.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by Dfizie(m): 1:34pm On Apr 29, 2012
is it only in abuja ,dat campus france is located, nd au much is the delf b2 course, and how long is it...thnks,anticipate ur reply.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by naijanelly(m): 5:51pm On Apr 29, 2012
@difizie nope campus France is in Abuja and Lagos... Contact them for more info DELF B2 is an examination though
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by naijanelly(m): 6:18pm On Apr 29, 2012
And erm @dem76 did you take the DELF exam? If you did, how hard was it?
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by Nobody: 7:33am On Apr 30, 2012
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by Nobody: 7:53am On Apr 30, 2012
Paris is a HUGE city, and you can find very affordable accommodations in the suburbs. yeah you might have to spend 45mins in public transport before getting to school but then again, thats no big deal. people should take the RER and ride out for 45mins, they will then find affordable housing. anything within Paris city limits will either be overpriced or very small.
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by naijanelly(m): 3:57pm On Apr 30, 2012
@mrbrownjay do you live in Paris?
Re: Should I Study In Paris Or The Province? by dem76: 4:11pm On Apr 30, 2012
mrbrownjay...it is not that easy to study in paris and live outside.are u in paris?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Third Batch: Another 180 Nigerians Return From Libya On Tuesday / Staff At The Nigerian Embassy In Canada Are Incompetent / Describe Your First Trip By Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.