Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:30 AM

Towards Germany 2006: World Cup - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Towards Germany 2006: World Cup (2341 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / Super Eagles Defenders Present Performance And World Cup Qualifier / Germany 2006: Who Will Win The World Cup? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Akolawole(m): 1:45am On Mar 28, 2006
Towards Germany 2006: Tit Bits

Why are we all silent on the World cup?

Is it because we failed to Qualify?

I beg, world cup comes every four years, lets enjoy this year's edition as well.

The purpose of this thread is not about Arsenal, Chelsea or Barca, its about World cup facts and figures, so BolaOni, Pie1ect,NightRider, Teeroy, lets keep the ball rolling

# In Espana 1982 World cup, Paolo Rossi was the higest goal scorer in the competion#

#In U.S.A '94, Nigeria was adjudged the second best most entertaining team in the world cup#

# In U.S.A '94, Nigeria came to that world cup as 5th best footbaling nation#

# Roberto Baggio was the most expensive footballer in the World to italia '90 , he was valued at £7m#

# Morrocco was the first african country to qualify for the second round of the world cup in 1986 in Mexico while Cameroun was the first African country to qualify for the quarter finals#

#There was a Nigerian who was in the camerounian camp throughout 1990 World cup, giving them his support, his name is Bashorun M.K.O Abiola#

Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Badman888(m): 3:02am On Mar 28, 2006
yah true N.A.I.J.A isnt in the world cup so no point on being excited about it
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Dauda(m): 6:46am On Mar 28, 2006
You are right. We should enjoy and celebrate the mundial because it comes around every 4 years. This should also be the time for our soccer administrators to take stock and prepare better the next time around. The world is going to miss Nigeria as one of the representatives of Africa in the summer.

# One of the best goals scored at the World cup was by Diego Maradona against England in Mexico '86.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:33am On Mar 28, 2006
I dont Even know who Iam going to Cheer for, ?
I guess ill cheer for the underdogs TOGO yesssooo go TOGO go TOGO go
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Priscila(f): 12:13pm On Mar 28, 2006
Men! you haven't mentioned anything about going to Germany. Do you want to make me lonely there ? People! all flights and roads lead to Germany. Akolawole! hope you will be coming cos I will reserve you a seat. Damn serious! Am a security officer in the event.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Badman888(m): 12:23pm On Mar 28, 2006
priscila good luck to u, try and hold those hooligans cheesy
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Akolawole(m): 12:26pm On Mar 28, 2006
@Prisccy

Security Officer from Ne Jersey to germany. Does it worth it?

If any African team qualify for the second round, i will come briefly, if not, Bye-Bye Germany 2006.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Badman888(m): 12:33pm On Mar 28, 2006
the only african team that have the potential to qualify is Ivory coast but they are in a tough group.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Priscila(f): 12:41pm On Mar 28, 2006
I strongly believe Ivorians will qualify and if they dont I will help them pack the bags. But dont be surprised even if is Angola or tunisia qualifying. You are judging them just because they did badly in CAF but you know final exams people pass even if they were failures. And do you people believe in miracles. Anyway i take the opportunity to welcome you to Germany for those who will come. Akola lets meet in south Africa in 2010.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Badman888(m): 12:42pm On Mar 28, 2006
I can bet Angola would not score more than one goal if they are lucky
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Akolawole(m): 12:43pm On Mar 28, 2006
He don do, lets go back to the topic.

#In korea/Japan 2002, Senegal became the second African country to qualify for the quarter final of the World cup#

#Nigeria's Joseph Yobo was adjudge the best Nigerian player in Korea/Japan 2002#

# Nicky Butt was England's best player at Korea/Japan 2002#

Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Badman888(m): 12:47pm On Mar 28, 2006
Holland went to two back to back world cup finals in 1974 and 1978 but didnt win any.

below star man cryuff

Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Akolawole(m): 12:51pm On Mar 28, 2006
@Badman888

Thanks, keep it rolling.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Badman888(m): 12:56pm On Mar 28, 2006
Brazil has made it to three successive world cup finals can they do it again we watch to find out
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by pie1ect(m): 1:42pm On Mar 28, 2006
@Akolawole
Thanks for starting this thread.

Instead of listing world cup achievements, why don't we analyse the chances of the participating teams in the upcoming world cup?
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by nightrider: 2:36pm On Mar 28, 2006
i wouldn't mind an england victory but my problem is we won't hear word again. i'd like gerrad, lampard, owen and becks and joe cole to win something . they are fantastic players. this also is becks last chance to win. But britsh media will kill us with pomposity if england win.

Also the boys who play jogo bonito football. Never underate them. Favorites again to take the trophy.
Ronaldinho and kaka ( kai) ronaldo and adriano (kai)
i don't fancy robinho too much. i know he is good , but he is yet to be in the class of the elite.

juninho and ze roberto . well what more can i say.

germany are not playing well at the moment. But they didnt play well b4 the 2002 world cup either when they got a 5 - 1 spanking from England. but they reached the final. So they too must be feared.

Italy, always a threat. holland and spain underachievers. even more spain.

and i think ivory coast will reach quater finals. the other african teams will come out in first round.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Reba(f): 3:38pm On Mar 28, 2006
Well Badman88,dono't underestimate the Angolans , Well lets suport the fellow Africans u are really bad as ur name thats a bad thing to say about others to score or not score is not it, as long as they booked themselves to play in the 2006 World cup thats a great achivement for a country such as Angola, Good luck to the Angolans
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Akolawole(m): 4:53pm On Mar 28, 2006
@Pie1ect

pie1ect:

Instead of listing world cup achievements, why don't we analyse the chances of the participating teams in the upcoming world cup?

The problem is most members had written the African qualifier off which i dont like.

I have been watching world cup before Nigeria eventually qualified.

Can we just start with our African qualifiers?

Okay, lets start with Angola. Do we all agree?
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Badman888(m): 5:56pm On Mar 28, 2006
ahh me i can never go with Angola never they took as out i hope the bast for the rest african counteries. I think Ivory coast can go far but to pass Holland and Argentina wont be an easy task Togo may God help them, the other african teams might be able to put on a show.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Seun(m): 11:53pm On Mar 28, 2006
Is anyone here planning to attend?
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Akolawole(m): 1:30am On Mar 29, 2006
@Badman888

Dont mis-interpret me.

I mean lets start the thread by looking at Angola.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Badman888(m): 1:34am On Mar 29, 2006
ok No wahala kola needed to show my hatred towards Angola small grin
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by mochafella(m): 9:06pm On Mar 30, 2006
Seun:

Is anyone here planning to attend?
Was planning to, until Chukwu and the players had their epsiode of insanity and refused to qualify angry

I doubt Angola will make it out, but the 1st match against Portugal and Mexico's performance in their first 2 matches will decide. If Angola can take points off Portugal then they have a chance, but if mexico does not need to win their last match, Angola are out. In all honesty I think Mexico and Portugal own this group.

My results
(Note: this is purely speculation, with a good deal of bias)

Mex bt. Irn
Por dw. Ang - Portugal tend to be nervous; Angola expect to lose, ripe for a semi-upset

Mex bt. Ang - Mexico will want 3 points, nothing less
Por bt. Irn

Por bt. Mex
Ang bt. Irn - I'm assuming Angola can actually beat Iran.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by asanga(m): 5:43pm On Mar 31, 2006
This is what we should expect from the African teams in the world cup they won`t qualify from their groups mark my words.
Togo will be disgraced outrightly, Angola will follow suit,etc.

Watch out for England they are sure semifinalist candidates check out my Man Utd boy Rooney he will be the highest goal scorer.

More predictions to come.
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by JosBoy4Lif(m): 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2006
wHAT IS this love for Wayne Rooney shocked shocked shocked
Can someone tell me what makes England so Special
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by nightrider: 12:04pm On Apr 01, 2006
JosBoy4Lif:

wHAT IS this love for Wayne Rooney shocked shocked shocked
Can someone tell me what makes England so Special

Gerrad, " Captain Marvel"

Terry' " Defender of the Universe"

Rooney " Flaming Torch"

Lampard " The lamp of england"

owen " The excellent excutioner"

Beckham " Davy Bravo"
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Akolawole(m): 12:44pm On Apr 01, 2006
@NightRider

What is your profession? grin

This your "art of writing"

Ummmh
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by nightrider: 5:46pm On Apr 02, 2006
Kola.
I'm in advertising . your question makes me realise that we really don't know our various professions in this sports section.

what do you all do?
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by JosBoy4Lif(m): 7:41am On Apr 03, 2006
The only player i respect on that list is Owen And he is past his prime,  and Terry is a good defender
The rest, especially Beckham and Gerrard
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Akolawole(m): 12:40pm On Apr 03, 2006
@NightRider

I know you will be in that direction.

Obasanjo, Where are you? This is definitely your man to execute 3rd term project grin
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by Priscila(f): 1:29pm On Apr 03, 2006
I offer my clemency!
namiooooo Obasanjo
Nightrider you are free!
Re: Towards Germany 2006: World Cup by mochafella(m): 6:57pm On Apr 04, 2006
nightrider:

Gerrad, " Captain Marvel"
Terry' " Defender of the Universe"
Rooney " Flaming Torch"
Lampard " The lamp of england"
owen " The excellent excutioner"
Beckham " Davy Bravo"

Nightrider, u don forget

Gary "Steady" Neville

Rio "Fine Boy" Ferdinand

Joe "showman" Cole

Jamie "utility" Carragher grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Hands Over Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium To Enugu State / Winasbet Fraudulent Practises:please Help / Fc Ifeanyi Ubah-westham United Historic Partnership

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.