Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:10 AM

Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? (2787 Views)

How Fani-kayode Defended Obasanjo Against Jonathan 14 Months Ago (see Photo) / Bode George, Kashamu Warn Obasanjo Against Attacking Jonathan / “PDP 2015 Presidential Candidate Should Be A Northerner” – Obasanjo Against Jona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by Idekeson(m): 5:29am On Mar 28, 2006
Do you think a sustained effort on the part of the US and Britain can make Obasanjo abandon his 3rd term ambitions? Are they willing to take such bold step in the case of Nigeria knowing that their economic interest might be at stake. I'm asking this questions because a lot of times you hear mid to low level officials in the US government make few comments about Nigeria, but you rarely see the top level officials commit on such issues. Western countries when they support despotic regimes in Africa often hide under the excuse of respecting their sovereignty. But we all know that their actions are determined by economic interest and strategic advantages. So do you think the US will insist that Obasanjo drop his 3rd term and risk their steady supply of oil?
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by Odeku(m): 8:12pm On Mar 28, 2006
HEC NO this is a family affair, and US and the British government only presure if they are gonna benefit from the oil.
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by toshmann(m): 12:53am On Mar 29, 2006
i hate the 3rd term but i must insist they leave us alone in this. those guys (especially americans) will find a way to gain from every move so let them remain in their yeye land.

e no concern them angry
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by larger20(m): 12:59am On Mar 29, 2006
they r doing it now. They dont want him for third term. OBJ visit to the United is doubtful due to the missing taylor
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by toshmann(m): 1:03am On Mar 29, 2006
WTZ IS THEIR BIZ IN OUR POLITICS.
do we interfer in theirs? they should leave us alone pls.if we need help we'll ask for it. they don't like us, they are interested in what they'll gain from us. let them leave us pls. angry
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by Seun(m): 1:06am On Mar 29, 2006
The answer to your question, according to the New York Times, is yes!
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by larger20(m): 5:27am On Mar 29, 2006
toshmann:

do we interfer in theirs? they should leave us alone please.if we need help we'll ask for it. they don't like us, they are interested in what they'll gain from us. let them leave us please. angry

Dont say it like that becasue if they leave "us" , the super powers in our country will do as they wish and rule for 1000 years. we dont want that. Only the US and the Uk is powerful enough to control nigeria. that is why OBJ has to visit america to seek surport. If u know what is under the ground in politics, u gotta run for ur life becasue the more power u have the more control,
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by toshmann(m): 5:37pm On Mar 29, 2006
name one country where US intervention led to a stable socio-political status.
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by Odeku(m): 7:08pm On Mar 29, 2006
As much as i like OBJ, he will be the greatest fool on earth if he try to run come 2007. Every good thing must come to and end, and its better to leave once you are ahead than to be chased out. IBB did it
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by larger20(m): 8:16pm On Mar 29, 2006
toshmann:

name one country where US intervention led to a stable socio-political status.

it will be worse without them, there is nothing like absolute stability in politics
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by toshmann(m): 9:59pm On Mar 29, 2006
big brother larger
NAME ONE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by vichel(m): 10:25pm On Mar 29, 2006
There they go again African leaders are FOOLS, the word here is Greed, and it will always be the source of our downfall. U've got the chance to serve your country for eight years, and now u are planning to extend it because u not contended with wat u've had. OBJ is an ass
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by toshmann(m): 1:01am On Mar 30, 2006
vichel:

OBJ is an ass
bloody assh-l- indeed angry, but let the americans leave us alone in this matter angry
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by vichel(m): 1:03am On Mar 30, 2006
I rekcon that too, America should back off, it's our problem, and we going to deal with OBJ ourselves
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by SIBLI06(m): 10:13am On Mar 30, 2006
As a Brit I totally agree that the UK & USA should stay out of this issue. It is for the people of Nigeria to decide and nobody else.

toshmann:

do we interfer in theirs? they should leave us alone please.if we need help we'll ask for it. they don't like us, they are interested in what they'll gain from us. let them leave us please. angry

sorry but your statements stinks! Do you honestly (Hand on heart) think the UK would listen to Nigerian polititians who wanted to try change our policies? Do you have a tested political structure in place that is follwed by most to the letter? I don't think so.  Will you ever have it? Yes and I believe it wont be too long now.

I'm sure you can count on one thing, if the people of Nigeria needed the help from the UK they would surely receive it.

Nigeria is moving forward at such a fast pace, I feel privileged to be married to a Nigerian lady, I feel privileged to know so many of you out there. I do see alot of charachter traites in Nigerians that I see as negative but my maturity allow's me to overlook such traites and concentrate on the main issue of loving thy neighbor.

Nigerians are very proud people and have a right to be.

Peace to all.
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by toshmann(m): 11:01am On Mar 30, 2006
SIBLI_06:

I'm sure you can count on one thing, if the people of Nigeria needed the help from the UK they would surely receive it.
BULLSHIT!!!!!!!ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT.WHO DO U THINK YOU CAN DECIEVE? ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT NIGERIA IS FACING TODAY CAN BE TRACED TO THE BRITISH. FROM THE 1ST DISCOVERERS, TO THE COLONIAL MASTERS, TO THE DISASTER OF 1914, THE IMBALANCE OF 1960 DOWN TILL TODAY. THE BRITISH REMAIN THE GENESIS OF CHAOTIC NIGERIA.

WHERE WAS UR HELP IN THE UMARU DIKKO AFFAIR OF 1984, WHERE WAS UR HELP IN THE ALAMI AFFAIR OF 2005. WHERE IS THE RESPECT YOU GUYS HAVE FOR NIGERIA IN VISA ISSUANCE FOR GENUINE TRAVELLERS, LET ME NOT JUST START TALKING ABOUT THE BRITISH, LET ME CONCENTRATE ON THE NIGERIANS WHO ARE CAUSING OUR PROBLEMS.

U SAY MY STATEMENT STINKS,IT'S BETTER I DON'T RESPOND TO THAT angry
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by SIBLI06(m): 12:30pm On Mar 30, 2006
@toshmann - No wonder basic fundamental problems still remain in Nigeria when folks can not put the past aside and try to move on.
toshmann:

BULLSHIT!!!!!!!ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT.WHO DO U THINK YOU CAN DECIEVE? ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT NIGERIA IS FACING TODAY CAN BE TRACED TO THE BRITISH. FROM THE 1ST DISCOVERERS, TO THE COLONIAL MASTERS, TO THE DISASTER OF 1914, THE IMBALANCE OF 1960 DOWN TILL TODAY. THE BRITISH REMAIN THE GENESIS OF CHAOTIC NIGERIA.

WHERE WAS UR HELP IN THE UMARU DIKKO AFFAIR OF 1984, WHERE WAS UR HELP IN THE ALAMI AFFAIR OF 2005. WHERE IS THE RESPECT YOU GUYS HAVE FOR NIGERIA IN VISA ISSUANCE FOR GENUINE TRAVELLERS, LET ME NOT JUST START TALKING ABOUT THE BRITISH, LET ME CONCENTRATE ON THE NIGERIANS WHO ARE CAUSING OUR PROBLEMS.

U SAY MY STATEMENT STINKS,IT'S BETTER I DON'T RESPOND TO THAT angry
Grow up, you continue to blaim other people! That will get you nowhere!!! I notice that your in the British aisle's as well, why would you go their if "ALL THE PROBLEMS THAT NIGERIA IS FACING TODAY CAN BE TRACED TO THE BRITISH" Na wow for you!
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 30, 2006
Now we're blaming britain for our problems.
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by toshmann(m): 1:34pm On Mar 30, 2006
@SIBLI 06
I'm in the U.K for education. and the reason i was allowed to come to Uk is that i'm going to spend over £15,000.00 while in the UK. if not, they wont give me visa. if i wanted to come here for tourism, or holidays ,they wont give me visa, but b/c i want to spend huge amt of money in their economy they give me a visa.

even at that, theywont give me a job after school. then they'll remember i'm from africa. here, they teach us so much about british NHS, after all nthe money we pay, and all the lectures on NHS, they now ask me to go back to my country to look for a job. how will knowledge of NHS get me a job in nigeria?

i do not blame the british for all nigeria problems, i chose my words carefully, i said they can be [b]traced to the british rule and why not. who did lord lugard consult b4 the decision of 1914? who told the british that we'll make it together as a nation. recent history has made it clear that 1914 was a fatal mistake. who made that mistake? the british. every other problem nigeria faces can be traced to 1914. do want some information on this?

u insult me a 2nd time by telling me to grow up. once again i say this, it is better i do not respond to that.
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by larger20(m): 1:45pm On Mar 30, 2006
toshmann:

@SIBLI 06
I'm in the U.K for education. and the reason i was allowed to come to Uk is that i'm going to spend over £15,000.00 while in the UK. if not, they wont give me visa. if i wanted to come here for tourism, or holidays ,they wont give me visa, but b/c i want to spend huge amt of money in their economy they give me a visa.

even at that, theywont give me a job after school. then they'll remember i'm from africa. here, they teach us so much about british NHS, after all nthe money we pay, and all the lectures on NHS, they now ask me to go back to my country to look for a job. how will knowledge of NHS get me a job in nigeria?

i do not blame the british for all nigeria problems, i chose my words carefully, i said they can be [b]traced to the british rule and why not. who did lord lugard consult before the decision of 1914? who told the british that we'll make it together as a nation. recent history has made it clear that 1914 was a fatal mistake. who made that mistake? the british. every other problem nigeria faces can be traced to 1914. do want some information on this?

u insult me a 2nd time by telling me to grow up. once again i say this, it is better i do not respond to that.

These are bitter truth but yes it is true, If u r comming to invest, everyone will open arms for u. The more u invest the more privelaged u r given.
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by toshmann(m): 1:48pm On Mar 30, 2006
recently the as an attempt to unite europe, the matter was put into vote, france voted against it, holland voted against it and blair was reluctant to put the matter b4 the british electorate. people were consulted and they showed their mind. imagine if by some force someone somewhere unified europe with a president and one govt. what do u think will happen? chaos.

today u guys are hesitant to accept turkey into EU, the issue is being discussed regularly, but u guys came to Africa, without consultation U created countries that cant work. just look at east Africa; the swahilis were split into three countries kenya, tanzania,uganda. why didn't the masters make a nation of the swahilis? instead u put them into three countries with other tribes to make three multitribal nations. enabling environment for chaos. and they knew what they were doing.

from ur history, there were problems in the past with the scotts and the welsh. so u guys knew the inherent problems in putting incompatible tribes together in one country. yet u did it.look at nigeria today, a far cry from what we could have been.

tribal hatred and distrust led to a civil war, shamful political controversy and instability etc. imagine peopl in this century asking for an ibo president, northern president etc. shame .men
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by larger20(m): 1:51pm On Mar 30, 2006
larger_20:

it will be worse without them, there is nothing like absolute stability in politics
toshmann:

big brother larger
NAME ONE COUNTRY!!!!!!!!

As a matter of fact I will prefer nigeria the way it was when the british were here than the way its after hand over. Everything is derailing,
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by toshmann(m): 1:52pm On Mar 30, 2006
when u buy a car with a bad engine and give the key to a bad driver what do u expect. until the car is changed and the driver too, it'll be problems all the way.
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by toshmann(m): 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2006
see, i want to concentrate on the nigerian leaders who destroy our country. let's not talk about these westerners(uk,us,eu etc) who are interested in making sure that africa never grows(i repeat myself; they are making sure that AFRICA NEVER GROWS;i challenge anyone to challenge that statement)

the nigerian leaders are our worst enemies
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by toshmann(m): 2:03pm On Mar 30, 2006
i'll be right back,i've got lectures to attend
make i no fail.
abeg
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by SIBLI06(m): 2:16pm On Mar 30, 2006
"toshmann - Let's agree to disagree re who is to blame!!!

Regarding
toshmann:

@SIBLI 06

- As far as I am aware (Unless it has changed recently - Gone through a similar process with my wife's papers) you can apply for a workers visa while in the UK and it will be ffavorableas you have (Will have) schooled in the UK.

Visitors visa's (Or study visa's) are not issued just because the subject is going to spend x amount of money in the economy, the monetary issue is to ensure the subject can support themself or be supported by person or persons other than the british tax payer.

toshmann:

see, i want to concentrate on the nigerian leaders who destroy our country. let's not talk about these westerners(uk,us,eu etc) who are interested in making sure that africa never grows(i repeat myself; they are making sure that AFRICA NEVER GROWS;i challenge anyone to challenge that statement)

the nigerian leaders are our worst enemies

Well at least you have shown me your ignorance!.

After reading all your posts (ALL) it is clear to me that you play the blame game and you believe your thoughts are all that matters.

If you class this as the 3rd insult so be it.

Now that is unfortunate but TRUE!
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by Odeku(m): 2:46pm On Mar 30, 2006
toshmann , why are you wasting your time and energy discursing this issue with all this novice, the only reason the Americans and the British government are showing intererst in Nigeria politics is because of their selfish oil interest in The Nigerian Niger Delta, this 2 countries should stay out of our country and let us rule ourselfs. The issue in Nigeria is domestic, where were all this big brother when the military was in power mismanaging the country wealth? they harbor and provide save heaven for all this criminal because they want their ill gotten money. its all about the Benjamin's no matter how they portray it, they have no intrest in providing stability and comfort for the ordinary Nigerians living in the village that has no electricity or water. if they so much care about Nigeria send your doctors and medical aids to Nigeria and help cure some of the deceases and send your so called engineers and come build good infrastructure houses for Nigeria and we will respect this supper power, until then stay the Bleep out of out policies.
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by SIBLI06(m): 2:59pm On Mar 30, 2006
Odeku:

if they so much care about Nigeria send your doctors and medical aids to Nigeria and help cure some of the deceases and send your so called engineers and come build good infrastructure houses for Nigeria and we will respect this supper power, until then stay the mess out of out policies.
Now there's an idea! it's not happening at present is it? Your advise to toshmann has been consumed by me. I will be wasting my time trying to ask people to open there eyes. nice pic in your profile cheesy
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by Odeku(m): 3:03pm On Mar 30, 2006
I am just saying if they want to tell us what to do in our house, then come to Nigeria and provide the luxury their citizens enjoy like good housing and good roads and nice transportation not OKADA. Untill then, then let us do it the way we want.
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by SIBLI06(m): 3:05pm On Mar 30, 2006
Odeku- Like I said before, the UK & USA should stay out of the 3rd term issue.
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by toshmann(m): 6:09pm On Mar 30, 2006
yes, stay out of our politics. as for ur 3rd insult, i'm not surprised, it runs in the blood, ur ancestors insulted mine. it has been there for centuries so there's no surprise but pls stay out PERIOD.i wont fall for the temptations of trading insults. i'm civilised.

LET US DETERMINE FOR OURSELVES AFTER ALL U'VE GIVEN US INDEPENDENCE, SO LEAVE US ALONE. if u loved africa so much, what did u do during the rwandan crisis, the somalian crisis, the liberian and sierra leonean crises. what did u do.i mean the british govt, wt did they do?

oh, i forgot, those countries don't have much oil. unlike iraq. isn't it?
Re: Should The US And Great Britain Pressure Obasanjo Against 3rd Term? by toshmann(m): 6:12pm On Mar 30, 2006
SIBLI_06:

Your advise to toshmann has been consumed by me. I will be wasting my time trying to ask people to open there eyes. nice pic in your profile

a blind nigeria sees better than a nigeria led by the british. angry

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Indicted In $42m Fraud In Us / 2015 - Our Best 11? / Stellah Oduah Purchased Two Oil Vessels For Patience Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.