Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,956 members, 7,806,771 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:13 PM

UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 (67801 Views)

Poll: Who Wins This Match?

Barcelona: 35% (96 votes)
Chelsea: 64% (177 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester City Vs Manchester United (1 - 0) On 30th April 2012 / Real Madrid Vs Bayern Munich (2 - 1 ) On 25th April 2012 / Barcelona Vs Real Madrid (1 - 2) On 21st April 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by freecocoa(f): 7:57am On Apr 25, 2012
O my head!sad

I have class but I'm so hung over,Ramirez please come and attend class for me o.

Chelsea biko le kwanu G.P mu,unu ga e gbu nmadu o.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by ddippset(m): 8:12am On Apr 25, 2012
mkmyers45: grin grin
dry! so dry!!!
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by mbulela: 8:14am On Apr 25, 2012
FABREGAS and his bad luck.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by henrychubayo: 8:16am On Apr 25, 2012
olumidazz: U guys don't even know what football is all about, na ball chelsea play so, is that how chelsea play wigan, norwich, bolton or any of those yeye premiership teams. Drogba dey defend cos penalty u say chelsea na the team to beat. I sorry 4 u madrid will tear u guys apart. Go ahead and play your anti-football tactics in the final its good 4 the development of the game. BARCA ARGUABLY STILL THE BEST TEAM OF THIS PRESENT GENERATION.

You are very stupid to make these comment here. May be you should remove defense from football so that we know what you are talking is true. Chelsea used tactical strategy to win and you should accept the defeat. If baca had won, it would have been a different story abeee. I call the strategy African pattern. Chelsea deserve it cause its a very good revenge. Go and sleep big brother and plz for your own good, try not to watch the final cause i see heart attack somewhere
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by ddippset(m): 8:22am On Apr 25, 2012
YEAH BARCELONA IS OUT. AMEN, PRAISE THE LORD. SOMEBODY SHOUT HALLELUIYA!
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by 1025: 8:22am On Apr 25, 2012
@n.l official, u have said it all my brother and I concur, you have put your point across more succinctly than majority of the people here who have no respect 4 barcelona. U have said it as it is, to beat barca u have to play a anti-football which to me cannot be referred to as tactics. In as much as u and i know in all ramifications that barca is better than chelsea, I really wish chelsea will go ahead and win th UCL despite their depressing anti-play against my beloved barca.

@olumidazz,
who cares what you said or think? non of us here is out to pet u to accept defeat. when barca fraudulently sent chelsea out in 2009, u did not remember anti football. barca has been in a world of their own and coaches have been trying different things to unlock their codes and that is what chelsea has done in the two legs. we are not arsenal or man u, we are chelsea with our type of football design to suffocate barca. if red card, penalty were not enough favour for u, then i suggest u have encounter with the bokos. i don't give a sh=i=t about how u feel. die if u want. we have won and we won with 10 men for majority of the game. we won with our tired legs. we won with our 50 million waste. if barca are the best, what will u call those who beat the best with 10 men - the bestest. chelsea are the bestest. go get urself another topic.
there was this thing making noise all round the threads and the id is Debraska. i am yet to hear from him and i hope he did not jump into one of the lagoons.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by freecocoa(f): 8:25am On Apr 25, 2012
ddippset: YEAH BARCELONA IS OUT. AMEN, PRAISE THE LORD. SOMEBODY SHOUT HALLELUIYA!
HALLELUJAH, menh i need to get my azz to class.

1 Like

Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by Fellywood(m): 8:28am On Apr 25, 2012
Ok guys, we lost so what? grin grin Barcelona is a gift to football grin grin. We lost & we accept we did not have the luck on the day embarassed embarassed We congratulate Chelsea. The Real Madrids of this world should learn some lesson from Barca...dont cry blaming referee when you lose. But really, NOTHING SPOIL grin grin grin, we are coming back stronger. God bless all Barca fans all over the world & especially naija. Heey, common mehn, you cant win all the time...go about your day smiling grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 25, 2012
Where the Bleep is [size=16pt]Debraska?[/size]
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by Jonzi(m): 8:49am On Apr 25, 2012
with due respect mr fellywood, i gues God has a way of doin His thingz, frm d begining of dis season, Barca has always enjoi d uefa favor, my club real madrid dnt blame ref 4 ny reason, but i respect d fact dat u guys bow out..let see wot i can do 2nyt.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by cashful(m): 8:55am On Apr 25, 2012
UP CHELSEA. for all those hammering on it, what do you mean by "anti-football"......
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by ddippset(m): 9:02am On Apr 25, 2012
Jonzi: with due respect mr fellywood, i gues God has a way of doin His thingz, frm d begining of dis season, Barca has always enjoi d uefa favor, my club real madrid dnt blame ref 4 ny reason, but i respect d fact dat u guys bow out..let see wot i can do 2nyt.
this is the thinking of a 'lay man' in footballing terms. just accept that barca has been the world's best team for a long time now. and stop trying to water down their achievements.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by narttis1: 9:07am On Apr 25, 2012
e don do!! everybody go work!!na wetin? is barca the first team to lose a CL semifinal match?oya make all of una dey go. i no wan see this thread reach 34pages oo.
To all the barca fans, take heart. its a game, you win some and lose some,life continues.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by HIPROFILE(m): 9:32am On Apr 25, 2012
BARCELONA THE BEST BALL POSSESSION TEAM OF THE TONAMENT......hahahahahahaha dis one pass trophyoooo it seems a taboo for thier strikers to shoot to goal post bad coach anyway gadiola only lives on d glory of the players.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by dyabman(m): 9:37am On Apr 25, 2012
To win the UCL , you need to go pass the best.. this year wey be say people don write chelsea off, heh GOD DEY!
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by begwong: 9:37am On Apr 25, 2012
ddippset: YEAH BARCELONA IS OUT. AMEN, PRAISE THE LORD. SOMEBODY SHOUT HALLELUIYA!
Haaaaallllleeeellllluuuuuyyyyyaaaaahhhhh!!!!!1
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by indoorlove(m): 9:38am On Apr 25, 2012
pro01: Like a handful of my 'co-philosophical' friends and I always point out, football and life both operate based on the same principles. You don't always get what you deserve in life; merit is a poor match for time and chance, privilege, and good fortune. As it is in football, so it is in life: Everything, as in, absolutely EVERYTHING, depends on results. Nobody cares about the effort, the almosts, the nearlies, or the 'shoulda-coulda-wouldas'. All what people would ask at the end of the day is: did you win? Are you successful? That's all.

Acccordingly, I declare that, like Chelsea, and more specifically, like Di Matteo, I'd rather be blessed with LUCK than be blessed with talent (assuming that both do not always go hand in hand)! Who is the 'better' manager: Di Matteo or Pep Guardiola? Silly question. The more sensible question should be: who is IN the UCL final? ? ? Baba God, ALL I need is YOUR luck!
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by islamrules(m): 9:39am On Apr 25, 2012
U guys don't even know what football is all about, na ball chelsea play so, is that how chelsea play wigan, norwich, bolton or any of those yeye premiership teams. Drogba dey defend cos penalty u say chelsea na the team to beat. I sorry 4 u madrid will tear u guys apart. Go ahead and play your anti-football tactics in the final its good 4 the development of the game. BARCA ARGUABLY STILL THE BEST TEAM OF THIS PRESENT GENERATION.

Insane head, first of all what is anti-football tactics ? Are they using woods to play with barca? No be legs they both use?

So it is now madrid ? Madrid will suddenly do the magic now?

First it was Valencia.

The whole world was screaming Napoli Napoli Napoli !!!!. NApoli will destroy chelsea.

Next Benfica was the choosen, yet you people were silenced.

Tottenham was choosen again. You cried at the end.

Now barca u cried with excuses.

Now madrid again ? U have never learned ur lesson. What even made u think madrid will qualify automatically ? Are u blind ? or writing off Bayern munic who is leading.

Somebody says "I support Man U and any team that beats chelsea." Ya all should be mourning now. Loosers

1 Like

Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by mobbi06(m): 9:42am On Apr 25, 2012
Bla bla bla bla bla...wetin sef!!! I love Barca bit I was rooting fro Chelsea because I am fascinated with how Roberto Di Mateo (the underdog) has turned around with his tactics; really showing what one can do with the right resources. But una Chelsea fans no go let person drink water. After all you guy's paid a high price for the finals, loosing four key players in the team. so i'm wondering what sort of final the team would play...hope it doesn't come back to hunt you guy's cos i am hoping for an explosive finals...
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by islamrules(m): 9:42am On Apr 25, 2012
U are still making excuses on luck, missed penalty. Do u even need penalty to beat a 10 man team? I expected you to beat them 6:0 with Terry, Cahil, Luiz and co.

Yet you failed to beat second choice defence team.

U cant even go past Ramires a mid fielder talkless of Boswinga a low rated defender. And u are blaming luck and penalty.

Hissing
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by Okontami: 9:45am On Apr 25, 2012
Who is that Barcelona that stands against you? The Lord shall make you like Chelsea. You shall be strong and resilient like Drogba! Your enemies shall fall like Valdes and be frustrated like Messi,when all hope seems to be lost, the Lord shall send you a Torres. Can i hear a loud amen
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by mobbi06(m): 9:50am On Apr 25, 2012
islamrules: U are still making excuses on luck, missed penalty. Do u even need penalty to beat a 10 man team? I expected you to beat them 6:0 with Terry, Cahil, Luiz and co.

Yet you failed to beat second choice defence team.

U cant even go past Ramires a mid fielder talkless of Boswinga a low rated defender. And u are blaming luck and penalty.

Hissing

Whether you like it or not, luck played a major role. However, that is totally irrelevant cos all that matters is that they got the win. you guy's need to get over with the euphoria.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by Kx: 10:01am On Apr 25, 2012
This is sweet victory for football.
Over pampered officiating,tiki taka, possession without penetration is not football.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by senateservices(m): 10:02am On Apr 25, 2012
cheesy grin i am a die hard arsenal fan, but yesday i gave my half blood to chelsea...and they won the match.........now it time to countinue with our rivalry. grin
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by Reference(m): 10:04am On Apr 25, 2012
jamil!:
My respect on Barca is still on the same degree as it was before and it happened that the wholly of the world gather and go against barca dudes from different clubs do celebrate the loosing what i would like to understand here is what is so special about barca that the level of hatred recieving from pallies go beyond comprehensive and where is the favour which you people sticky on and mention everytime whenever barca win the match?

Because as I said last week there is a growing consensus amongst top clubs that Barca does not compete on an even keel a.k.a no fair play.

I said it then that if Barca does not handle things properly there will be a blow back, a consensus that Barca cannot lose whether by fair or foul means. Initially the hue and cry was came primarily from Jose but when Wenger and lately folks at AC Milan chorused the same thing, the whole favouratism thing has gone viral.

The officiating yesterday did little to stem the conspiracy activists. Though the red card was due, the spirit of fair play in a match of that magnitude should not warrant more than a yellow. The ref knew it was a game changer. He risked losing control of the match by further dissent from Chelsea players and diving by their opponents. Finally when you lower the treshold for cards he loses all credibility.

Remember the penalty awarded for an off-the-ball shirt tug in the Milan match. Fine, that's the rule but if applied credibly how many players in Chelsea's game will have finished the match.

Like I said, Barca is a great team. They don't need this recurring controversies.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by islamrules(m): 10:04am On Apr 25, 2012
Whether you like it or not, luck played a major role. However, that is totally irrelevant cos all that matters is that they got the win. you guy's need to get over with the euphoria.

Chelsea play a defensive game. Thats why Barca lost many chances because they wont be allow to play in chelsea box 18 and wont be allowed to fire a clean shot. That is why their ball hit the post. Cech defended well. Is that luck to you ? Is Cech not part of the team? Or are u telling me Cech is a spectator. Do u want to tell us he was lucky with all his savings ? That will be a sin against him. Can he be lucky in the first leg and second leg as well.

Messi penalty was not a luck also. Go and watch it. Cech confused him. He didnt know where to play the ball. Thats what we call professionalism. The ball hitting the post was no luck a such cuz barca were not given clear chances to take a shot.

Some people dont even know what football is all about. They thought football is all about attacking and dribbling.

Let me clue you in.

Football is about:
1. Attacking
2. Defending
3. Goal/result

Barca attacked without defending at all (All playing half field with chelsea) they got scored (Ramires, Torress).
Chelsea defended and take their little attacking chance.

Remember barca did not defend at all. Thats why they lost. Any opportunity/break chelsea has, they score it. Thats exactly what happened on the first leg.

Result determines the labor.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by addemy: 10:04am On Apr 25, 2012
UUUPPPP Chelsea grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by 234GT(m): 10:09am On Apr 25, 2012
The beautiful goal from Ramires was the best thing on the night!
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by begwong: 10:10am On Apr 25, 2012
addemy: UUUPPPP Chelsea grin grin grin grin grin grin
FOR LIFE
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by begwong: 10:12am On Apr 25, 2012
234GT: The beautiful goal from Ramires was the best thing on the night!
That goal was classic!
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by Abeyjide: 10:17am On Apr 25, 2012
jamil!:
My respect on Barca is still on the same degree as it was before and it happened that the wholly of the world gather and go against barca dudes from different clubs do celebrate the loosing what i would like to understand here is what is so special about barca that the level of hatred recieving from pallies go beyond comprehensive and where is the favour which you people sticky on and mention everytime whenever barca win the match?

Dont say dat,is rubbish.y wont dey hate barca wen barca ' previous CLG games is always wit fraud and bias from uefa by awardin penalty ,givin red cards and off side goal.
Re: UCL: Barcelona Vs Chelsea (2 - 2) On 24th April 2012 by executinal(m): 10:25am On Apr 25, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (Reply)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Chelsea (2 - 0) On 4th January 2017 / Chelsea vs Leicester City: FA Cup (0 - 1) On 15th May 2021 / Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (1 - 5) On 7th March 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.