Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,217 members, 7,807,742 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully (60508 Views)

Talk To Quantity Surveyors About Construction Costs And Project Developments / The Role Of Land Surveyors In Nigerian Real Estate / Fraudulent Land Sale, What Do I Do To Get My Money Back From The Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lastpage: 1:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
Werepeleri: The issue remains - Surveyors do not sell lands - you call them in to come and work for you after you have decided to purchase your property - do not mix activities of omo oniles and fraudulent land speculators with the noble surveying profession.
lawyer:

So to answer your question, if the land is not free and the surveyor says its free, its his fault 100% for misleading the buyer and should be held accountable. Although i have to confess that sometimes due to mechanical error such as wrong positioning of the gps or wrong setting on the gps could give conflicting reports or when there are 2 or more master plans and each one giving its own separate coordinates, then you dont blame the Surveyor. It just happened especially if he is one with a track record of due diligence. We are all humans so it can happen once in a while and he must attempt to rectify it within his capacity to do so!

In other words, Not all Surveyors who erroneously put "Free from Acquisition" on an encumbered piece of land, are Quacks! Simples! kiss
See,this is where l am coming from!
If you read the two paragraphs from both gentlemen, you will notice that they are about saying the same thing, from different angles!
The Question therefore remains: WHO IS A QUACK SURVEYOR?
From what both gentlemen have said,l can deduce a few things:

1.) Most buyers make a decision to buy apiece of land before even contacting a Surveyor, to see if it is FREE OF ACQUISITION.
2.)After payment, the Buyer Contacts a Surveyor to do a Survey of the land! shocked (I have done this a few times too, just that l was lucky!)
3.)And this is where it gets interesting: A Surveyor (by virtue of his training, Qualification, Certification and Registration with his Professional Body) does the checks for you, using his GPS and should be able to say categorically (excepts as Lawyer has pointed out, UNAVOIDABLE ERRORS CREEP-IN!) whether it is encumbered or not

Question: Since the Surveyor is being paid for his service (to check authenticity of coordinates), why would he "lie" to the owner who commissioned his services?, after-all, whatever the outcome of the "checking" is, will not affect his own payment? What will be his motive? More so when criminal liability may follow!

Thus, will it make sense if l assume, that whoever claims to do a survey and "deliberately lies" about the outcome of his "checks" is actually NOT A SURVEYOR (Would l even call him a Quack? Since a Quack, by definition is someone who is "NOT qualified to (or incompetent to) practice a profession he lay claims to, by virtue of insufficient training/accreditation from relevant authorities).

*Now are there folks who are not Qualified as a Surveyor but deceive the unsuspecting public that they are qualified Surveyors? YES, a big YES!
*Are they "Quacks"? NO, they are just IMPOSTORS! They claim to be what they are NOT! Simple.
I know a few Surveyor's "Boys" (Those he sends to the Bush to situate Pillars or to take measurements since at a certain level in a profession, you could become a "Consultant" and would not be expected to do every rudimentary process, yourself!) who think by virtue of their exposure to "what Oga Surveyor does", they have suddenly "metamorphose" into a Surveyor themselves!

THESE ARE THE MONSTERS IN QUESTION: They are the "Impostors" Lawyer may be referring to as "Quack Surveyors" but they are not even Surveyors, ab initio!

Can we draw inference form "Architects" and the " Draughtsman" issue: Have we not seen Draughtsman "drawing a Plan" before?
*Does that make him an Architect? NO!
*Do some of them take their drawings to "Architects" to "validate and approve"? YES!
*Are such "validated and approved" drawings of sound Quality (if properly addressed by the Architect)? YES.

This is why l say "Lawyer" and "Werepeleri" should each, sheath their Swords!
Issues have become clearer from what l quoted, from both gentlemen above.

The problem we have now are those "silly people on NLand" who want to cry more than the bereaved simply because they "want some benefit" (Now or Later) from the Lawyer! And are fueling this brewing controversy further! angry

I will still implore 'Lawyer' not to take the bait and for him to walk the moral high-road of decorum, being the gentleman he is.
I will also implore 'Werepeleri' (that thing dey scratch body no be small! grin ) to focus on the quote of Lawyer, above: I think it has addressed and rectified your grouse!
Dont fall for the bait of rabble-rousers who want to see some "verbal" WWW-RAW (World Wide Wrestling!) between two adults.
2 - 2 Goaless-Draw! grin wink

Its a small world, let's act mature naah?

Lastpage!

BTW: Thanks Bolinga4u.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lastpage: 1:27pm On Apr 25, 2012
Niiade: ...i have been in surveying most of my life from my primary sch days i used to go out and survey with my dad, but i later read accounting.A true surveyor has to be registered with a SURCON number to be confirmed as one, alot of young bois called survey technicians now run around front for their bosses n making money .....
if you have issues, want to get to meet real surveyors or enquire just call or mail me i will attend to ur survey needs.
[b][/b] 08025140064, niiadenii@gmail.com
I am no phony or fake person and like i said i work with all registered surveyors in lagos state at the institution's branch.

Hi Niiade,
ARE YOU A REGISTERED SURVEYOR YOURSELF?
Just curious!

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by omoobanla(m): 1:57pm On Apr 25, 2012
@Lawyer, Am proud of ur work. I believe u have gone a long way to gathered collectivelly these information for us.
Thank u for show up at these moment cause am planning to buy some plots of land somewhere in Ogun State.
,Plz I ll lov to have ur contact , preferably ur Email address, Thanx broda . Looking forward to meet u someday.
For the other guy challenging u, Who and trying to blackmail u without making full research about ur article , I think he/she just want attention. I ll advice u to ignore him. Thanx
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Niiade(m): 4:21pm On Apr 25, 2012
lastpage:

Hi Niiade,
ARE YOU A REGISTERED SURVEYOR YOURSELF?
Just curious!

Lastpage!

Lastpage like i said i am not i read accounting, i have been working with my dad from when i was in primary sch. My dad is a registered Surveyor, and works in partnership with two other registered surveyors and they have their firm, One of them is the present Chairman for the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors lagos state branch. I work in the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors, so basically i am connected to all the surveyors and registered ones only. Any more questions last page
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by jybolee: 4:47pm On Apr 25, 2012
@lawyer please if a mistake was done on my survey plan also( my name was wrongly spelt by omitting a letter) and immediately i told d guy to correct it he asked for like 25k?please hw much wld it cost me to rectify this error and cld i use another surveyor
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Pukkah: 4:51pm On Apr 25, 2012
Nice thread.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lastpage: 7:08pm On Apr 25, 2012
Niiade:

Lastpage like i said i am not i read accounting, i have been working with my dad from when i was in primary sch. My dad is a registered Surveyor, and works in partnership with two other registered surveyors and they have their firm
, One of them is the present Chairman for the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors lagos state branch. I work in the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors, so basically i am connected to all the surveyors and registered ones only. Any more questions last page
Thank you a million "Niiade", l appreciate it so much "when guys come clean" from the onset! kiss

I actually asked that Question because of the ongoing "discussion" viz-a-viz need to clarify a situation where someone who is not a "Trained and Certified Surveyor", does or engages in Survey business.

Reading your response, l gather you feel you'll be able to do a good job if given a Survey work to do.(? correct me if l am wrong)
Moreso that you feel that you have "Qualified Surveyors" at your disposal, who can "verify and validate" whatever you do for a client!

My drift is thus(and just for "reasoning and enlightenment purposes ONLY): Do you think l would be justified to if l refer to you as "A Quack Surveyor"?

(Dont be offended, l am just trying to espouse "further knowledge and understanding" here, for the general populace! Its not about you, l am just trying to look at things from your own "position and perspective" as l think there is no "one-cap fits all" in such argument and l may be wrong.)

Your own "personal opinion" will be valuable in this regard.

Lastpage!

BTW: I am very happy that "calmness and maturity" has returned to the house and we are all friends, learning and helping each other, once more.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Niiade(m): 8:24pm On Apr 25, 2012
Lastpage I don't seem to understand why u are asking questions about things i never said, at this point I think your ability to read and understand english is very low (no insult intended)

I remeber my first post stating don't go for cheap survey jobs, seek out a registered surveyor only, (did I say am registered NO,I recall stating I am an accountant and my dad a registered surveyor in post 2)
I Trained with a surveyor and I am not a Certified Surveyor", I ve not engaged any client in any survey job, I only handle jobs given by my father to me to handle on his behalf or his partners behalf at the surveyor-general office in lagos and other accounting and financial aspects to surveying.

*Reading your response, l gather you feel(no you think) you'll be able to do a good job. if given a Survey work to do.(I simply refer such a person to my father he handle clientele)
Moreso that you feel( I have them at my disposal not feel) that you have "Qualified Surveyors" at your disposal, who can "verify and validate" whatever you do for a client( I don't do survey jobs for clients)

refer to you as "A Quack Surveyor"?- I am not a surveyor so forget the quack u added
further knowledge and understanding" here, for the general populace! I am incharge of the financial details and accounting records of over 300 registered surveyors with SURCON,over 200 student n intending n future surveyors in Lagos state with the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors, that's why I call them my Bosses and also the reason why I have records,details and information of all the surveyors, survey pratices n policies, land use acts at my disposal. I also have a good relationship with the staff at the surveyor-general's office and also Lands at Alausa.

The Poster that started this thread lawyer can prove me wrong
The survey jobs u posted here are jobs done by
Surv Lateef.A Animashaun and Victor C Okolo. If he wants to To prove me worng I can post their SURCON registration Numbers, Phone numbers and office address only if Lawyer asks for them.

Lastpage I truly hope u understand all I have written!
For further questions I will be willing to answer them for u.

Thanks you

BTW; I believe I can be of service and ensure people of nl don't get swindled by quack surveyors. I can provide vital n accurate information regarding survey,red copy,C of Oaths n other surveying need as requested.
I am not a surveyor,I don't survey but I can guarantee provision and access to Registerd Surveyors.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:37pm On Apr 25, 2012
Niiade: Lastpage I don't seem to understand why u are asking questions about things i never said, at this point I think your ability to read and understand english is very low (no insult intended)

I remeber my first post stating don't go for cheap survey jobs, seek out a registered surveyor only, (did I say am registered NO,I recall stating I am an accountant and my dad a registered surveyor in post 2)
I Trained with a surveyor and I am not a Certified Surveyor", I ve not engaged any client in any survey job, I only handle jobs given by my father to me to handle on his behalf or his partners behalf at the surveyor-general office in lagos and other accounting and financial aspects to surveying.

*Reading your response, l gather you feel(no you think) you'll be able to do a good job. if given a Survey work to do.(I simply refer such a person to my father he handle clientele)
Moreso that you feel( I have them at my disposal not feel) that you have "Qualified Surveyors" at your disposal, who can "verify and validate" whatever you do for a client( I don't do survey jobs for clients)

refer to you as "A Quack Surveyor"?- I am not a surveyor so forget the quack u added
further knowledge and understanding" here, for the general populace! I am incharge of the financial details and accounting records of over 300 registered surveyors with SURCON,over 200 student n intending n future surveyors in Lagos state with the Nigerian Institution of Surveyors, that's why I call them my Bosses and also the reason why I have records,details and information of all the surveyors, survey pratices n policies, land use acts at my disposal. I also have a good relationship with the staff at the surveyor-general's office and also Lands at Alausa.

The Poster that started this thread lawyer can prove me wrong
The survey jobs u posted here are jobs done by
Surv Lateef.A Animashaun and Victor C Okolo. If he wants to To prove me worng I can post the their SURCON registration Numbers, Phone numbers and office address only if Lawyer asks for them.

Lastpage I truly hope u understand all I have written!
For further questions I will be willinging to answer them for u.

Thanks you

BTW; I believe I can be of service and ensure people of nl don't get swindled by quack surveyors. I can provide vital n accurate information regarding survey,red copy,C of Oaths n other surveying need as requested.
I am not a surveyor,I don't survey but I can guarantee provision and access to Registerd Surveyors.

Where have you been hiding all this while grin please your enail or number. You are too important to ignore
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lastpage: 10:36pm On Apr 25, 2012
Niiade: Lastpage I don't seem to understand why u are asking questions about things i never said, at this point I think your ability to read and understand english is very low (no insult intended)
No insult "taken", sebi l am a small boy, right? Actually, l cant read nor write English since all l have written so far is in Chinese! shocked

Niiade: I Trained with a surveyor and I am not a Certified Surveyor", I ve not engaged any client in any survey job, I only handle jobs given by my father to me to handle on his behalf or his partners behalf at the surveyor-general office in lagos and other accounting and financial aspects to surveying.

*Reading your response, l gather you feel(no you think) (l guess you missed where l said "correct me if l am wrong"?) you'll be able to do a good job. if given a Survey work to do.(I simply refer such a person to my father he handle clientele)

refer to you as "A Quack Surveyor"? (it was just a rhetorical question - I am not a surveyor so forget the quack u added
further knowledge and understanding" here, for the general populace! I am incharge of the financial details and accounting records...

The Poster that started this thread lawyer can prove me wrong No one has accused you of anything and there is nothing to prove wrong or right
The survey jobs u posted here are jobs done by(l did not post the jobs, Lawyer did!)
Surv Lateef.A Animashaun and Victor C Okolo. If he wants to To prove me worng
I can post the their SURCON registration Numbers, Phone numbers and office address only if Lawyer asks for them.

Lastpage I truly hope u understand all I have written! (How can someone who cant read nor write English understand all you wrote? wink wink grin
For further questions I will be willinging to answer them for u. (I think you've answered enough already, moreso if you want to get "politely insulting"!)

Thanks you
Anyway, the last parts of your post has answered all the questions l asked you though l dont mind the "marketing aspect" as well.
Like l said, it was just for seeking to "open up' certain issues for discerning readers and l am sure the objective has been achieved.

Thank you for your response.

Lastpage!
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Select(m): 10:49pm On Apr 25, 2012
Get in touch for the processing of your Building Plan Approvals and Titled Documents( C of O, Governor's Consent, Ratificatn Cases, Survey Plans , Buying of property etc), within Lagos, Ogun and Abuja.
I work as a Town Planner/Consultant with the Lagos State Govt.
My email addy is select500@yahoo.com or BB PIN- 3079A6DB
Cheers!
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Niiade(m): 12:23am On Apr 26, 2012
Lastpage, So sorry about the U part that was a mistake,and other errors made, I was typing in traffic and it was very uncomfortable, meant to say Lawyer's Survey Plan Post. (u posted here).Never said you can't read or write, just wondering why u asked questions about things not said.
Moving on, well if u think its marketing its ur opinion, I am only trying to project the people I work for in good light, We have noticed this trend and we have been on tv,radio and the press to enlighten the public about surveying.where its been deemed neccessary surveyors have gone to court to challenge wrong survey pratices.if u have claims of wrong doing by any registered surveyor, get a lawyer to go thru your documents then forward a copy to me, if this facts can be proved right neccessary step would be taken to suspend such a surveyor.

I am willing to help whoever thats need information n help with survey matters.Please my services are free.
Thank you.

Call 08025140064, mail niiadenii@gmail.com

BTW: The lagos state housing fair would be coming up soon, The Institution of Surveyors always has a stand there at LTV, you can visit the stand n meet registered surveyors and interact freely.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lastpage: 1:24am On Apr 26, 2012
^^^^^Like l said before,l bear no grudges against you since my questions were not in "bad taste" in the first instance.

What you are trying to do is commendable, every little helps.

Cheers.

Lastpage!
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by emmatok(m): 2:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
werepeLeri: LOL.

So many funny people in here.

@Lightheart - you are right - I am still in Year 1 studying Surveying. Effing Rookie - whats your own? Effing eediot? What do you know? My parents are already proud of me- worry about yourself. People like you are so daft to use words that only describe yourself.

Poster. - There is no battle to fight. Your use of words in the article says it all - you have a grouse with Surveyors, Quack, Fake or Registered. You portrayed Surveyors - Fake, Quack or Registered - you portrayed them all as scammers.

So if a Surveyor comes to you - or you go to one- you will be asking him for his credentials? That's what you want your readers to do - is that how people ask for your credentials before they engage you in your legal practice? Yes, there are Quack Surveyors, the profession knows about them, but then, how do you define a quack? Because he hasnt stepped a University? So he is a scammer because he is not registered? Or because he is an OND/HND graduate who is not registered yet - automatically, by your "expose" - you should not deal with him? LOL

If a Surveyor is resides in Lagos and has an office in Ogun - it is allowed, if "quacks" do the work in Ogun and take to him to sign - there is nothing wrong with that.

What is the meaning of the statement below?

""""most of them have the software of Coordinates of the whole Lagos on their computers and they do the mapping there, they will just compare the coordinates with the ones on their system and forget that since it’s a software, its being upgraded everyday. """" I never know Softwares get upgraded "daily"

For those who has the brain enough to think - NOT EVERY "QUACK" SURVEYOR OUT THERE IS OUT TO SCAM YOU. NOT EVERY SO CALLED QUACK SURVEYOR HAS THE CHARACTERISTICS AS DESCRIBED.

You are a criminal.

So quacks are allowed to do the job and sent to Pros to sign.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:33pm On May 09, 2012
@werepeLeri
How are you today?
This thread serves to educate and enlighten people who do not know better or have been scammed more than once. (not to sully the reputation of the respected profession of Surveyors). I believe some professions are called such because it requires a set of expert qualifications to be engaged in it in an ethical manner.
in this Property business I am sure you are well aware that Criminal-minded abound and it is very likely you will bump into them by just walking into an empty plot of land anywhere in Lagos (Boys no dey smile)

Take a quack Doctor for example - He has neither qualifications nor Expert Knowledge, he only has a rudimentary idea or at best working knowledge of the profession. We all know the dangers quack doctors present in today's health sector. DEATH. apply this analogy to to "Quack Surveyors" - Complete Loss of Money and Mental Stability.

Would you buy a car without documentation? or at least visiting the dealer? Given the poor state of Trust and Transparency in Nigeria @Lawyer is right for suggesting that prospective land-buyers ask questions and make verifications.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Niiade(m): 4:45pm On May 16, 2012
There is a fake surveyor claiming to be Surv. Njeze making survey for members of the public, we are presently investigating the matter as i type this. The quack surveyor(s) is using details from survey jobs of the early nineties they are wrong and fake. if you use him you would have just thrown your money in the lagoon cus at the surveyor-general's office or lands alausa, you have nothing. take note
Please if you meet the real Surv. Njeze and you need confirmation do let me know.
when we are through i would pass on the information.
thank you
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by mashaun(m): 10:05am On May 24, 2012
@ Lawyer,Good job !
i couldnt understand why the names,Seals and addresses of those License surveyors whose plans you attached were displyed.
POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE: both are professional ethical issues as the profession prohibits advertisemnt in any open form and the negative aspect could lead to prosecution.
Please clarify.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by vicoloni(m): 3:19pm On Jun 06, 2012
Lawyer, thanks for the expose. Please what happens when a land search reveals that a land is under Agric acquisition with No commitment? I was told only Governor consent could be gotten instead of C 0f O.

What does the owner of this property do because he has already built his house on it. Infact, he resides there.

Thanks.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by globaljobs(m): 6:01pm On Jun 12, 2012
wonderful article. Thank you lawyer.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by MrsShols(f): 5:16pm On Jun 13, 2012
Please lawyer, we have 2 plot of lands at Ayeteju village,ibeju lekki LGA, every other thing is in the survey except the stamp of free/ gov. acquisition.. pls can you advice on what to do.many thanks
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by fromacho: 8:07am On Jun 17, 2012
LOI in buyers official letter-headed paper. Corporate company profile. POF from any top 1-50 banks in the world. All parties will sign an MOU. Meeting with the Chadian president.
Price is between $40m-$45m each. 10% signing bonus, 10% carry on equity. Chad govt ratio is 30%. Investor is 60% and Consultant is 10%.. LOI tobe addressed to: THE TRANSACTION FACILITATOR C/O MULTINEERING GLOBAL SERVICES LTD. 47 IKWERRE STREET, MILE 1 DIOBU, PORT HARCOURT, RIVERS STATE, NIGERIA.
preshiuz@yahoo.com
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by Select(m): 9:15pm On Jun 17, 2012
@ MrsShols,

I guess you need to take the survey plan back to your surveyor, for further input.
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by MrsShols(f): 1:13pm On Jun 28, 2012
thanks Lawyer,everything sorted now, we had to send someone down to lands at alausa,it is free from acquisition.thanks
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by nonk: 5:16pm On Jul 02, 2012
thanks i want to pay for a land some where at magboro.
The seller said he has the survey plan and the family receipt is that ok ?
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by katsim(m): 10:35am On Jul 03, 2012
please what is deed of assignment
Re: Top 10 Land Survey Plan Scams By Fraudulent Land Surveyors! Study It Carefully by kilimanjaro(m): 6:11pm On Jul 10, 2012

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Cement, Sand And Granite (concrete) Mix Explained / Lady's Landlord Increased Her Rent From N550,000 To N1million In Lagos / How I Pay My Rent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.